NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

All things Rugby
BlueThunder

Re: NZ Transgender Weightlifter Cleared to Compete by the IOC

Post by BlueThunder »

"Gender" itself is a bunch of meaningless stereotypes and outdated socially constructed roles. Split sports by biological sex at birth, "gender" is entirely irrelevant.
Gospel

Post by Gospel »

CM11 wrote:So you agree that if a man commits horrific sexual assaults against women but says that they're a woman before sentencing then it's appropriate to send them to a women's prison? And not only that but ask for a more lenient sentence because they're now a woman and women statistically get more lenient sentences?
This actually happened in a UK prison. A man who had been previously convicted and served time for rape later transitioned to a woman and was on remand in a women's prison for two counts of assault - where she then subsequently raped a female inmate.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gospel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 am
CM11 wrote:So you agree that if a man commits horrific sexual assaults against women but says that they're a woman before sentencing then it's appropriate to send them to a women's prison? And not only that but ask for a more lenient sentence because they're now a woman and women statistically get more lenient sentences?
This actually happened in a UK prison. A man who had been previously convicted and served time for rape later transitioned to a woman and was on remand in a women's prison for two counts of assault - where she then subsequently raped a female inmate.
As I've already said, there's two in Ireland. They have round the clock 'protection'.
towny

Post by towny »

BlueThunder wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 am "Gender" itself is a bunch of meaningless stereotypes and outdated socially constructed roles. Split sports by biological sex at birth, "gender" is entirely irrelevant.
Interesting….

I don’t know about this. I need to think on it.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:17 am
bimboman wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:15 am Sorry, either trans women are women or they’re not, if by YOUR measure they need a judge to decide then they’re not.
I agree with you that Transgender women should be sent to a women's prison. But ultimately it's a judge who needs to make that call.
So lawyers decide and their decisions are based on criteria defined by other lawyers. It’s the only way to manage the legal process.

And this is how you want women’s sport to be as well? Not male sport though, so it has no effect on you or the teams you follow.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Would she* be seen as attractive by kiwi standards?
Rugbygirl

Post by Rugbygirl »

A gentle reminder that while you’re all pontificating about fairness and inclusion, most of you will be entirely unaffected, both in terms of safety and opportunity to play sport, whatever way current or future rules and regulations go. Most of you have the luxury of talking about this from a theoretical standpoint. You won’t have to deal (directly) with the consequences either way.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Rugbygirl wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 pm A gentle reminder that while you’re all pontificating about fairness and inclusion, most of you will be entirely unaffected, both in terms of safety and opportunity to play sport, whatever way current or future rules and regulations go. Most of you have the luxury of talking about this from a theoretical standpoint. You won’t have to deal (directly) with the consequences either way.
piss off
towny

Post by towny »

Rugbygirl wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:15 pm A gentle reminder that while you’re all pontificating about fairness and inclusion, most of you will be entirely unaffected, both in terms of safety and opportunity to play sport, whatever way current or future rules and regulations go. Most of you have the luxury of talking about this from a theoretical standpoint. You won’t have to deal (directly) with the consequences either way.
Shush! We are middle aged men and we get to decide what’s fair in things that don’t affect us. Wait until you see the abortion thread.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm
Shush! We are middle aged men and we get to decide what’s fair in things that don’t affect us. Wait until you see the abortion thread.
but we may one day decide to be transgender rugby players
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:30 pm
towny wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 6:13 pm
but we may one day decide to be transgender rugby players
Sure we might, so then it’s our own best interests to enable us to compete against a group where we have massive advantage, right? Nice.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Derwyn wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:20 pm Would she* be seen as attractive by kiwi standards?
Finally. Thank you, Derwyn. I was beginning to worry.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

This is very true. Though posters here have daughters or coach girls.

The sad thing is about this debate, is how, as shown again in this thread, some people enter it in total bad faith and only post bad faith arguments. Lots of refusing to acknowledge or even look at the obvious differences between sex and gender and replacing any rational analysis with hackneyed rehashes of some political slogans and soundbites. Of course it doesn't help when the other side enter the debate with some crass comments to inflame a delicate debate either.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

eldanielfire wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:26 pm

The sad thing is about this debate, is how, as shown again in this thread, some people enter it in total bad faith and only post bad faith arguments. Lots of refusing to acknowledge or even look at the obvious differences between sex and gender and replacing any rational analysis with hackneyed rehashes of some political slogans and soundbites. Of course it doesn't help when the other side enter the debate with some crass comments to inflame a delicate debate either.
Good work. You've successfully buried the girl and her point under a mass of eldanielstuff.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

koroke hangareka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:24 am

Good work. You've successfully buried the girl and her point under a mass of eldanielstuff.
It was a shit point anyway. Only edl needs a gentle reminder he has a dick.
koroke hangareka

I thought it wasn't a bad point, but really I only wanted to type "eldanielstuff".
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

koroke hangareka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:12 am I thought it wasn't a bad point, but really I only wanted to type "eldanielstuff".
Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. Gentle reminder not needed. I will however use "eldanielstuffed" in the future. I think it will be the new "Irished"
koroke hangareka

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:23 am
koroke hangareka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:12 am I thought it wasn't a bad point, but really I only wanted to type "eldanielstuff".
Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. Gentle reminder not needed. I will however use "eldanielstuffed" in the future. I think it will be the new "Irished"
Ok, remember to identify it properly though. It will usually start with something like,"As I've pointed out before..." or "I've been saying this for a long time..." And then goes on for a long time.
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:57 am

Why was it a shit point?
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

This bored is a case study in playing the (transgender) man and not the ball. eldanielfire's point was fine.
towny

Post by towny »

Jerome Manning wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:36 am This bored is a case study in playing the (transgender) man and not the ball. eldanielfire's point was fine.
+1
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:33 am

Why was it a shit point?
Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. I don't need a gentle reminder that I'm a middle aged man and this particular issue we are "pontificating" about will not effect me directly.
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:53 am

Why was it a shit point?
Most of the things we "pontificate" about we know will never directly effect us. I don't need a gentle reminder that I'm a middle aged man and this particular issue we are "pontificating" about will not effect me directly.
Your response to her very reasonable post made you look like an arse hole.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 am

Why was it a shit point?
If I thought it was reasonable I wouldn't have told her to piss off
towny

Post by towny »

Not in any way reasonable.
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:17 am
Why was it a shit point?

Which you also did.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:23 am

Why was it a shit point?

Which you also did.
:?
towny

Post by towny »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:39 am

Which you also did.
Are you suggesting that you didn’t reply “piss off” to her post?
AnkleTap

Post by AnkleTap »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am

Which you also did.
Its one of his multis. He can say what he likes to it.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:40 am

Which you also did.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Why was it a shit point?
Because some posters only post here to attack others are score points, usually by trying to rehash some board meme about what a poster is supposed to be, rather than engaging in the actual points being made in a fair way.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Caitlyn Jenner opposes trans girls competing in girls' sporting events

Jenner, 71, told TMZ: "This is a question of fairness. That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school. It just isn't fair, and we have to protect girls' sports in our schools."

During the impromptu interview, Jenner - who won gold at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal - was subsequently asked whether a ban would be "de-legitimising" to a trans person's identity.

But rather than answering the question directly, she simply replied: "Have a good day."
Not a good start to her mayoral race.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainmen ... MOWYNIG7A/
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 am
Why was it a shit point?
Because some posters only post here to attack others are score points, usually by trying to rehash some board meme about what a poster is supposed to be, rather than engaging in the actual points being made in a fair way.
It was a shit point because you didn't say anything even remotely relevant. Pure eldanielbore.

You attacked other posters for not thinking the same way as you:
The sad thing is about this debate, is how, as shown again in this thread, some people enter it in total bad faith and only post bad faith arguments. Lots of refusing to acknowledge or even look at the obvious differences between sex and gender.
:roll:

Then you rolled out your regular claim that other posters copy and paste from their favourite social media account, while you assume some sort of high ground that you and others who agree with you inhabit.
and replacing any rational analysis with hackneyed rehashes of some political slogans and soundbites.
And then you finish by attacking 'the other side' again, something which no decent centrist would do. So you can even live in that space either.
Of course it doesn't help when the other side enter the debate with some crass comments to inflame a delicate debate either.
Where are these crass comments, snowflake? It's been quite civilised, clearly.
Jerome Manning

Post by Jerome Manning »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am

Jenner, 71, told TMZ: "This is a question of fairness. That's why I oppose biological boys who are trans competing in girls' sports in school. It just isn't fair, and we have to protect girls' sports in our schools."

During the impromptu interview, Jenner - who won gold at the 1976 Olympics in Montreal - was subsequently asked whether a ban would be "de-legitimising" to a trans person's identity.

But rather than answering the question directly, she simply replied: "Have a good day."

Caitlyn Jenner is transphobic and probably racist if she talks about Polynesians. [/sarcasm ffs]
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:34 am
And then you finish by attacking 'the other side' again, something which no decent centrist would do. So you can even live in that space either.
Of course it doesn't help when the other side enter the debate with some crass comments to inflame a delicate debate either.
You don't think straight-up calling transwomen "geezers" isn't crass? f**king Transphobe! I hate bigots where ever Is ee them. You both can't seem to read the actual points being made and are clearly bigoted. Both of which surprises nobody.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Jerome Manning wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:10 am

Caitlyn Jenner is transphobic and probably racist if she talks about Polynesians. [/sarcasm ffs]
All good. She couldn't answer a simple question about a topic she presumably has thought a lot about.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:53 am
You don't think straight-up calling transwomen "geezers" isn't crass? f**king Transphobe! I hate bigots where ever Is ee them. You both can't seem to read the actual points being made and are clearly bigoted. Both of which surprises nobody.
That's your evidence? :shock:

Not sure if you've read my contribution but I'm of the opinion transgenders are people who should be able to take full part in society, not banned from competing in sport, which is your position.

It's incredible. You are more worried about someone saying "geezer" on the internet than you are about including transgender people in all levels of society. Effectively, people like you are trying to hide certain others away the way women and gay people were once hidden away. That's the real abuse.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 am

Not sure if you've read my contribution but I'm of the opinion transgenders are people who should be able to take full part in society, not banned from competing in sport, which is your position.
No one has claimed any Transgender person should be banned from sport. On the other hand you just defended and deflected from comments that Transgender women are just geezers, just so you can try to attack another poster. Another typical false premise from you. No doubt as bigotry always stems from those with false premises on others.

No surprise you only use this this issue you can attack other posters and show no actual concern for the actual issue. No surprise that you show no morals or ethics on actual bigotry and only use it as a tool to attack others. Funny how that mask slips so easily.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:18 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:08 am

No one has claimed any Transgender person should be banned from sport. On the other hand you just defended and deflected from comments that Transgender women are just geezers, just so you can try to attack another poster. Another typical false premise from you. No doubt as bigotry always stems from those with false premises on others.

No surprise you only use this this issue you can attack other posters and show no actual concern for the actual issue. No surprise that you show no morals or ethics on actual bigotry and only use it as a tool to attack others. Funny how that mask slips so easily.
:yawn: You can't even grasp the concept of non-binary people. You're an active contributor to the abuse and marginalisation they face, as are all social conservatives.

A pretend white knight.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Muttonbirds wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:23 am :yawn: You can't even grasp the concept of non-binary people. You're an active contributor to the abuse and marginalisation they face, as are all social conservatives.

A pretend white knight.

Trying hard to deflect away from your casual support of bigotry when you've been caught out so you lie and make false premises and false claims some more. This conversation is clearly over. You're done you uncaring bigot.