JPNZ

Re: TT Super Rugby: Crusaders vs Brumbies: MATCH THREAD: Sat 15th May

Post by JPNZ »

towny

Re: Trans Tasman SR: Crusaders vs Brumbies: MATCH THREAD: Sat 15th May

Post by towny »

obelixtim wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:41 am
towny wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 3:42 pm
obelixtim wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:24 am Great draw for the Aussie teams.

14 home games v 11 away.

All the kiwi teams have 2 home games, and 3 away, except the Canes who get 3 at home v 2 away..

Force drew the short straw amongst the Aussie teams. 2 home v 3 away.

Brumbies will be on a plane Monday to play the Crusaders who get to have a full preparation. The Reds will also be on a plane Monday to play a team, who’s been preparing for weeks, 6 days after the Oz final.

And yet you’ve found something to whinge about? Well done.
And the Chiefs are flying to Perth. 6 days after the NZ final. So what?
7 days later. The Chiefs are playing 7 days later. This is not your finest hour.
koroke hangareka

Post by koroke hangareka »

kiap wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:39 am
koroke hangareka wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:31 am Why would I do that, it's not my fight.
Don't dip your oar in then, son.

You're happily clueless.
Drip.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

towny wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:26 am

14 home games v 11 away.

All the kiwi teams have 2 home games, and 3 away, except the Canes who get 3 at home v 2 away..

Brumbies will be on a plane Monday to play the Crusaders who get to have a full preparation. The Reds will also be on a plane Monday to play a team, who’s been preparing for weeks, 6 days after the Oz final.

7 days later. The Chiefs are playing 7 days later. This is not your finest hour.
Yep and Chiefs have to spend a lot longer on plane, so probably fairly toughish?
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

14 home games v 11 away.

Yeah well my mind reading and guessing skills were lacking, not having seen any schedule at all. But you go for it. You're on a roll.

Maybe you can go out and harass some Downs syndrome sufferers. You know, just to keep your spirits up.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Should be good game but for me the pick of games will be Landers vs Reds. First game .. could set tone for weekend and comp (if Landers managed to pull off win it would lessen the confidence across the Aus conference).

And Reds at ripest to take this Friday...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 am Should be good game but for me the pick of games will be Landers vs Reds. First game .. could set tone for weekend and comp (if Landers managed to pull off win it would lessen the confidence across the Aus conference).

I saw Liam Wright in a cafe in East Brisbane yesterday morning while picking up some coffees before my son's match. He was having breakfast with his mum and dad and sister (I think). I had a brief chat to him and he didn't seem like he'd spent the night on the turps. Was still wearing strapping from the game though...probably just to be safe.

I agree. Reds - Highlanders will be a good litmus test. Games between the two teams are usually pretty fun affairs.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Thomas wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:25 am
kiwigreg369 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:22 am Should be good game but for me the pick of games will be Landers vs Reds. First game .. could set tone for weekend and comp (if Landers managed to pull off win it would lessen the confidence across the Aus conference).

I saw Liam Wright in a cafe in East Brisbane yesterday morning while picking up some coffees before my son's match. He was having breakfast with his mum and dad and sister (I think). I had a brief chat to him and he didn't seem like he'd spent the night on the turps. Was still wearing strapping from the game though...probably just to be safe.

I agree. Reds - Highlanders will be a good litmus test. Games between the two teams are usually pretty fun affairs.
Yep - should be free flowing...
towny

Post by towny »

obelixtim wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:54 am

14 home games v 11 away.

Yeah well my mind reading and guessing skills were lacking, not having seen any schedule at all. But you go for it. You're on a roll.

Maybe you can go out and harass some Downs syndrome sufferers. You know, just to keep your spirits up.
You were wrong and you ignorantly mouthed off, but instead of just putting your hand up, you're just mouthing off more. It's a novel approach but typical of you - bag Australia without knowing anything about the subject. That's who you are and we've come to accept it.
I like the slight at those with mental disabilities too - an extra dash of class! ;)
towny

Post by towny »

The Reds are up against it. They'll be emotionally spent and a short preparation won't help. But good sides have backed up with big challenges than this, so they should put up a good show.

Down Paisami and Petaia but likely Vunivalu back. I think the pigs will all be on the plane.
towny

Post by towny »

Dan54. wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:24 am

14 home games v 11 away.

Yep and Chiefs have to spend a lot longer on plane, so probably fairly toughish?
If you want to split hairs, the Chiefs gain 4 hours in the travel so that's an extra bonus of their draw.
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

NZ TAB has gone mad x(

Crusaders $1.08 - Brumbies $6.80 19.5 points head start.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

JPNZ wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:44 pm NZ TAB has gone mad x(

Yeah someone is on meth at the TAB. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Brumbies win this. The Crusaders would have enjoyed themselves on Saturday night after winning the 5-peat.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

TAB is taking the piss, I know the Brumbies got some injuries etc, but that many to have a blow out?
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Dan54. wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm TAB is taking the piss, I know the Brumbies got some injuries etc, but that many to have a blow out?
Indeed. They also have the Landers at $1.30 v Reds at $3.25 :thumbdown:

The weather could play a part in chch this week, bit of rain around midweek
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Dan54. wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm TAB is taking the piss, I know the Brumbies got some injuries etc, but that many to have a blow out?
I've emptied my sportsbet account on Brumbies at +19.5

Could be doing myself out of a six pack of domestic beers here. :uhoh:
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Brumbies haven't won in Christchurch since 2000, haven't beaten the Crusaders full stop since 2009, and are straight on a plane after a heartbreaking, energy-sapping final loss.

I expect a tight, competitive game, so 19.5 is probably a bit unfair, but the Crusaders should go in as strong favourites, mockers be damned.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

You were wrong and you ignorantly mouthed off, but instead of just putting your hand up, you're just mouthing off more. It's a novel approach but typical of you - bag Australia without knowing anything about the subject. That's who you are and we've come to accept it.
I like the slight at those with mental disabilities too - an extra dash of class!
My first post was simply an OBSERVATION about the initial draw for the TT comp, but somehow you took it as me having a pop at Australia. It was based on the draw posted at the start of the thread. There wasn't that much to "know" about the subject. Take a look at it yourself. You might see that my OBSERVATION fits completely with the draw posted at the head of the thread.

Completely factual.

My comment was that the Aussie teams got the luck with their home games. Perhaps next year the draw will be the reverse of this year, and NZ will get the luck next year. Thats all.

As for a slight on people with disabilities, it was a pop at you, seeing you seem to read things that are simply not there. It seems to me it would be something you might get a kick out of, given your propensity to get on your high horse about nothing. The disabled might be an easier target for you, seeing in most cases they can't defend themselves. A soft target for your vitriol.

You are a f**king moron.

So there.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Oh dear
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Those are crazy odds when you consider how good the Brumbies have been and how much class and experience they have in their squad.
towny

Post by towny »

Ali's Choice wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Those are crazy odds when you consider how good the Brumbies have been and how much class and experience they have in their squad.
Lots of injuries? Losing a lot without Slipper, Neville and Samo. Sio went off holding his shoulder as well - if he doesn’t start the Brumbies won’t win a scrum.
Peteray

Post by Peteray »

Yes... I think the odds are very much skewed. You would have thought they would be conservative until we had seen how the two comps compared after Round One.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

I hope Tamaiti Williams gets a bit of game time, I like seeing man mountains like him come on, and I think he got a lot of up sides as props try to sort out scrumming such a tall prop! Well he looks prttey tall anyway.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Dan54. wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:28 pm I hope Tamaiti Williams gets a bit of game time, I like seeing man mountains like him come on, and I think he got a lot of up sides as props try to sort out scrumming such a tall prop! Well he looks prttey tall anyway.
He's also a noted ball runner/wrecking ball, which is always handy. Tongan Thor has re-written the job description for a TH prop and I think Tamaiti Williams is singing from the same songbook.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Yep AC, think Williams is one of most exciting young prospects around.Apart from running etc, if he keeps improving on his scrumming as most young fellas do at his age, he could make some looseheads life a real misery, with his height ,if he can keep pretty straight he will get between prop and hooker quite well at times.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Zakar wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:08 pm
I've emptied my sportsbet account on Brumbies at +19.5

Could be doing myself out of a six pack of domestic beers here. :uhoh:
Gamestop, the Brumbies…

You’re a risk-loving hell man!
JPNZ

Post by JPNZ »

Dan54. wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:28 pm Yep AC, think Williams is one of most exciting young prospects around.Apart from running etc, if he keeps improving on his scrumming as most young fellas do at his age, he could make some looseheads life a real misery, with his height ,if he can keep pretty straight he will get between prop and hooker quite well at times.
Not to mention the other promising prop coming through in 20 year old Fletcher Newell, big wraps on the kid.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

towny wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Lots of injuries? Losing a lot without Slipper, Neville and Samo. Sio went off holding his shoulder as well - if he doesn’t start the Brumbies won’t win a scrum.
Muirhead also out…. Brumbies are cooked.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Slim 293 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 am
towny wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Muirhead also out…. Brumbies are cooked.
They'll get crunched by 20+.
Slim 293

Post by Slim 293 »

On the good news front, future 100-test hooker Lachlan Lonergan has re-signed with the Brumbies... :thumbup:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Are the Ala'alatoans likely to be packing down against each other?
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

shanky wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 am Are the Ala'alatoans likely to be packing down against each other?
Not unless one moves to loosehead, right? Or is that a chance for the Brums with Slipper & Sio in doubt?
shanky

Post by shanky »

mrbrownstone wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:51 am
shanky wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:44 am Are the Ala'alatoans likely to be packing down against each other?
Not unless one moves to loosehead, right? Or is that a chance for the Brums with Slipper & Sio in doubt?
Yeah, that's what I wondering about. :thumbup:
shanky

Post by shanky »

They could always swap during the game I guess
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

I hadn't thought of that! Yes... I hope so. Last chance too with Michael moving to Leinster in August.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

shanky wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:52 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:51 am
Yeah, that's what I wondering about. :thumbup:
Fair enough, not sure about the Brumbies propping depth, but it would be cool to see :thumbup:
towny

Post by towny »

:frown:
Slim 293 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:43 am On the good news front, future 100-test hooker Lachlan Lonergan has re-signed with the Brumbies... :thumbup:
100 test? He needs to scrum before he plays his first.
towny

Post by towny »

Dan54. wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:28 pm Yep AC, think Williams is one of most exciting young prospects around.Apart from running etc, if he keeps improving on his scrumming as most young fellas do at his age, he could make some looseheads life a real misery, with his height ,if he can keep pretty straight he will get between prop and hooker quite well at times.
Compared to what the Brumbies are used to, he will be a dream to play against.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

towny wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 am
Yes, those Waratahs props looked frightening.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

towny wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:45 am
He's certainly no Cabous Eloff or Bo Abra (both real names, somehow), but we can only hope he develops a little bit.