The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

All things Rugby
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:24 am
penguin wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 am My position on it all is this - I completely agree that of all explanations alien life visiting us is the most unlikely, and unless we are talking interdimensional/phase shifting/near as damn it invisible on approach/might-as-well-be-magic technology, aliens then it's not aliens, but pilots do keep seeing phenomena that they (with some degree of expertise in this area) can't explain. I'd really like to understand what they are seeing, even if the answer is hallucinations.

I imagine the explanation for pilots seeing objects travelling at extraordinary speeds and doing physically impossible manoeuvres are in the Fata Morgana kind of area, but at altitude and with some other weird optical illusion element thrown in...but I'd still really like to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_(mirage)
You can't video record hallucinations.

Some of the most "impressive" footage has happened a few feet off the sea surface.
Where is this impressive footage? Do the loons keep this secret? Why don't they post the good stuff on Youtube instead of the grainy shite?

Can videos record optical illusions? Asking for a friend.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:13 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 am Carl Sagan, who knew a thing or two, didn't think aliens were buzzing the American midwest on joyflights. But some dudes on Youtube do. His book, "The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" is fantastic and I recommend it to everyone; especially Sagan fans.

Not only does he pick apart the commonly held theories about alien visitors, but he also goes after all supernatural beliefs throughout history.
This is Carl Sagan - a firm believer in life beyond earth, with strong connections with NASA and US intelligence. He had been sent literally thousands of letter with 'evidence' of UFOs but he considered them all junk.

You could read his stuff or you can instead choose to believe people you don't know, who didn't do anything, who aren't really connected but have worked out how to put a video on Youtube. This choice has a trade-off: if you choose the Youtube carnival barkers, you should be prepared to be laughed at by everyone and be considered a moron.
What about the Pentagon barkers? You know, the ones who've published video clips of actual UFOs?
Are the Pentagon "barkers" Towny?
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:50 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:13 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 am Carl Sagan, who knew a thing or two, didn't think aliens were buzzing the American midwest on joyflights. But some dudes on Youtube do. His book, "The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" is fantastic and I recommend it to everyone; especially Sagan fans.

Not only does he pick apart the commonly held theories about alien visitors, but he also goes after all supernatural beliefs throughout history.
This is Carl Sagan - a firm believer in life beyond earth, with strong connections with NASA and US intelligence. He had been sent literally thousands of letter with 'evidence' of UFOs but he considered them all junk.

You could read his stuff or you can instead choose to believe people you don't know, who didn't do anything, who aren't really connected but have worked out how to put a video on Youtube. This choice has a trade-off: if you choose the Youtube carnival barkers, you should be prepared to be laughed at by everyone and be considered a moron.
What about the Pentagon barkers? You know, the ones who've published video clips of actual UFOs?
Are the Pentagon "barkers" Towny?
They posted videos of what? Show me the videos please.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

You're such a chancer, the whole topic has been about the Pentagon released videos and now you're asking they "showed videos of what"? :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... photos-uap
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19576
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

If we are going to go down the 'Is it really aliens?' path, then my opinion is the classic "it's secretive military tech".

Just think, this alien-looking-craft was flying around Area 51 in the late 70's. You can't tell me that this, the Nighthawk that came from it, and the B2 bomber aren't the basis for pretty much every 'alien' craft seen at Area 51 over that time:

Image

I do wonder if these sightings are not drones that have both jet engines and rotor blades. Would answer all issues. Ability to hover. Ability to change direction rapidly (not people inside so no poroblem pulling impossible g's). Ability to shoot off at jet speeds etc.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 10606
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Leinsterman »

Jeff, that's just a fancy paper airplane :roll:
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Jeff the Bear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am If we are going to go down the 'Is it really aliens?' path, then my opinion is the classic "it's secretive military tech".

Just think, this alien-looking-craft was flying around Area 51 in the late 70's. You can't tell me that this, the Nighthawk that came from it, and the B2 bomber aren't the basis for pretty much every 'alien' craft seen at Area 51 over that time:

Image

I do wonder if these sightings are not drones that have both jet engines and rotor blades. Would answer all issues. Ability to hover. Ability to change direction rapidly (not people inside so no poroblem pulling impossible g's). Ability to shoot off at jet speeds etc.
Yup, my guess would be super insane drone technology, however, why not just say we have mental drones rather than releasing footage from their own craft and then saying they're not sure what it is.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Of course, if it is drone technology then the question I would have is propulsion? How can you make a bowling ball size object move so fast and for so long.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:21 am
Jeff the Bear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:17 am If we are going to go down the 'Is it really aliens?' path, then my opinion is the classic "it's secretive military tech".

Just think, this alien-looking-craft was flying around Area 51 in the late 70's. You can't tell me that this, the Nighthawk that came from it, and the B2 bomber aren't the basis for pretty much every 'alien' craft seen at Area 51 over that time:

Image

I do wonder if these sightings are not drones that have both jet engines and rotor blades. Would answer all issues. Ability to hover. Ability to change direction rapidly (not people inside so no poroblem pulling impossible g's). Ability to shoot off at jet speeds etc.
Yup, my guess would be super insane drone technology, however, why not just say we have mental drones rather than releasing footage from their own craft and then saying they're not sure what it is.
You can't understand why the Pentagon wouldn't want to confirm the top-secret tech they're developing? Because the Pentagon released something, people like you are now convinced it's aliens, so I think that shows why the military might release vague, grainy images that don't give away anything but serve to create a distraction.
I guess it makes you a useful idiot.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:28 am Of course, if it is drone technology then the question I would have is propulsion? How can you make a bowling ball size object move so fast and for so long.
How fast and how long? Are you an expert in propulsion technology? What could you possibly ask them and how could they possibly explain something that you could understand. Of course, why the fark do they need to tell you anything? You're a dude on the internet demanding answers to questions you don't understand.
Last edited by towny on Thu May 13, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

people like you are now convinced it's aliens
Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am
people like you are now convinced it's aliens
Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
Are you talking to yourself?
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:37 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:28 am Of course, if it is drone technology then the question I would have is propulsion? How can you make a bowling ball size object move so fast and for so long.
How fast and how long?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUrTsrhVce4
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am
people like you are now convinced it's aliens
Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
Are you talking to yourself?
I'm certainly going to stop talking to you unless you buck your ideas up and be honest for a change. Now show me where I said or portrayed "its Aliens"
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

My first sentence on the thread is "UFOs not Aliens"

What a wanker. :lol:
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:41 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am
people like you are now convinced it's aliens
Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
Are you talking to yourself?
I'm certainly going to stop talking to you unless you buck your ideas up and be honest for a change. Now show me where I said or portrayed "its Aliens"
Honest? Are you drunk? What have I said (on this thread) that was dishonest?
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:42 am My first sentence on the thread is "UFOs not Aliens"

What a wanker. :lol:
My bad. I agree with you. These objects in the sky are flying and it's not known what they are, so they're definitely UFOs. Almost certainly not aliens. I hadn't realised we were on the same page. :thumbup:
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:37 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:28 am Of course, if it is drone technology then the question I would have is propulsion? How can you make a bowling ball size object move so fast and for so long.
How fast and how long?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUrTsrhVce4
How long? No idea. Can you help me understand? I couldn't even see the shape of that thing. Was it a small missile or a drone? No idea.
How fast? No idea. Looked quick but it wasn't so quick that a dude with a joystick couldn't keep tracking it. It wasn't likely breaking the sound barrier. But there's no way I could tell if it was going 100km or 300km/h. Can you help me understand how fast it was going?

Propulsion? I'm not sure why this is such a mystery. That object that was travelling in a straight line appeared to be travelling at a speed that was slower than what jets and propellers are capable of. Definitely faster than a helium balloon, so I'm willing to rule out 'wind' as the source of its propulsion if that helps.
User avatar
BlueThunder
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: NZ

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by BlueThunder »

Hellraiser wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 pm Whatever UFOs are they aren't fùcking aliens. Anyone with even a basic understanding of the sheer scale of the universe and Fermi's Paradox would know the incalculably remote chance of this planet being visited by another form of life. We can't even explain ball lighting yet and people are going to jump on fuzzy photos and radar blips as evidence of aliens? Fùck off.

Isn’t the point of the Fermi paradox that the galaxy/universe ISN’T particularly vast given the timeframes available to any potential advanced civilisations, I think even at sublight speed exploring the galaxy is possible if the civilisation operates on a long enough time scale. The paradox is that we should expect the universe to be teeming with life (even advanced life) but there is no evidence to show for it. There are tons of possible explanations for the paradox, one of them is that they are here and there is evidence we just don’t recognise it as such.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:41 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am
people like you are now convinced it's aliens
Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
Are you talking to yourself?
I'm certainly going to stop talking to you unless you buck your ideas up and be honest for a change. Now show me where I said or portrayed "its Aliens"
Honest? Are you drunk? What have I said (on this thread) that was dishonest?
I refer you to the video clip which you didn't watch but quoted it and said "how can anyone believe that crap"

To start with.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

BlueThunder wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:51 am
Hellraiser wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:09 pm Whatever UFOs are they aren't fùcking aliens. Anyone with even a basic understanding of the sheer scale of the universe and Fermi's Paradox would know the incalculably remote chance of this planet being visited by another form of life. We can't even explain ball lighting yet and people are going to jump on fuzzy photos and radar blips as evidence of aliens? Fùck off.

Isn’t the point of the Fermi paradox that the galaxy/universe ISN’T particularly vast given the timeframes available to any potential advanced civilisations, I think even at sublight speed exploring the galaxy is possible if the civilisation operates on a long enough time scale. The paradox is that we should expect the universe to be teeming with life (even advanced life) but there is no evidence to show for it. There are tons of possible explanations for the paradox, one of them is that they are here and there is evidence we just don’t recognise it as such.
Yes, no Dyson spheres and no self replicating "drones"- which, given the size of the place we inhabit the paradox suggests there should be some evidence.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:54 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:43 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:41 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:40 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:38 am

Show me where I said that. I like a good old debate, but not with intentionally dishonest people like you?
Are you talking to yourself?
I'm certainly going to stop talking to you unless you buck your ideas up and be honest for a change. Now show me where I said or portrayed "its Aliens"
Honest? Are you drunk? What have I said (on this thread) that was dishonest?
I refer you to the video clip which you didn't watch but quoted it and said "how can anyone believe that crap"

To start with.
Fair enough. But I did that for comedy reasons so I'm willing to give myself a pass via 'artistic license'.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

My personal take on the Fermi Paradox is that life is quote common throughout the Universe, however, intelligent, sentient life is rarer than hens' teeth, even given the size of place.

So, the chances of two intelligent species existing in time together and being within a proximity of potential communication or even space archaeology is next to non-existant.

I would suggest that perhaps it's the human race who will be the first to send out exploratory drones and eventually build a sphere and it will be civilisations in 10 billion years who will find the remains and wonder who the fudge we were but they would at least know they were not the first.
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19576
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 am My personal take on the Fermi Paradox is that life is quote common throughout the Universe, however, intelligent, sentient life is rarer than hens' teeth, even given the size of place.

So, the chances of two intelligent species existing in time together and being within a proximity of potential communication or even space archaeology is next to non-existant.

I would suggest that perhaps it's the human race who will be the first to send out exploratory drones and eventually build a sphere and it will be civilisations in 10 billion years who will find the remains and wonder who the fudge we were but they would at least know they were not the first.
That's my take as well. We are, in sci-fi parlance, the 'Precursor Aliens'. In several billion years time, the galaxy may be teeming with all manner of weird and wonderful sentient beings...that may well have all started in the ball sac of someone on this here bored! :shock:

The other way I like to think about it is that even though we're 13 odd billion years into the age of the universe (which is obviously a very very long time), that is just 1 to 2% of the overall predicted age of the universe. As such, we may well just be the first cabs off the rank. Life may be so rare that it may just take several billions years for the right conditions to occur so that sapient life can evolve.
User avatar
BlueThunder
Posts: 1378
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: NZ

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by BlueThunder »

My take is that we are the “Sentinal island” of the galaxy, we are seen as primitive and violent and left in blissful isolation for the safety of ourselves and others, the only visitors we get are colonial perverts and weirdo missionaries with a death wish.
User avatar
Grandpa
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Yorkshire

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Grandpa »

Jeff the Bear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:16 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 am My personal take on the Fermi Paradox is that life is quote common throughout the Universe, however, intelligent, sentient life is rarer than hens' teeth, even given the size of place.

So, the chances of two intelligent species existing in time together and being within a proximity of potential communication or even space archaeology is next to non-existant.

I would suggest that perhaps it's the human race who will be the first to send out exploratory drones and eventually build a sphere and it will be civilisations in 10 billion years who will find the remains and wonder who the fudge we were but they would at least know they were not the first.
That's my take as well. We are, in sci-fi parlance, the 'Precursor Aliens'. In several billion years time, the galaxy may be teeming with all manner of weird and wonderful sentient beings...that may well have all started in the ball sac of someone on this here bored! :shock:

The other way I like to think about it is that even though we're 13 odd billion years into the age of the universe (which is obviously a very very long time), that is just 1 to 2% of the overall predicted age of the universe. As such, we may well just be the first cabs off the rank. Life may be so rare that it may just take several billions years for the right conditions to occur so that sapient life can evolve.
Though in just a few hundred years we may well be capable of re-starting the universe... us or an "artificial" intelligence we have created... then we can start this conversation again with a clean slate... :lol:
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Jeff the Bear wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:16 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:08 am My personal take on the Fermi Paradox is that life is quote common throughout the Universe, however, intelligent, sentient life is rarer than hens' teeth, even given the size of place.

So, the chances of two intelligent species existing in time together and being within a proximity of potential communication or even space archaeology is next to non-existant.

I would suggest that perhaps it's the human race who will be the first to send out exploratory drones and eventually build a sphere and it will be civilisations in 10 billion years who will find the remains and wonder who the fudge we were but they would at least know they were not the first.
That's my take as well. We are, in sci-fi parlance, the 'Precursor Aliens'. In several billion years time, the galaxy may be teeming with all manner of weird and wonderful sentient beings...that may well have all started in the ball sac of someone on this here bored! :shock:
Yep, in my more romantic moments I think the human race has a destiny to fulfil, one I think is achievable if we put aside our differences, we just don't appreciate how wonderful and unique we are. Then I walk through Newport town centre and reconsider.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

We take it for granted that it's possible to travel at speeds approaching lightspeed and/or there's wormholes and stuff that provides shortcuts.

It is entirely probable, that humans won't ever make a dent outside our solar system. I'm not saying 'likely' so don't lose your nerd mines. I appreciate that our understanding of science has leapt by an incredible rate and will again and again, but there's no guarantee that any future leaps will enable fast enough speeds to explore Alpha Centauri, which is the closest point of interest.

Hope I'm wrong. I don't really want to find little green men, but I don't like the idea that this is all there is, or rather, this is all we will ever know.
User avatar
ScarfaceClaw
Posts: 12518
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:42 am We take it for granted that it's possible to travel at speeds approaching lightspeed and/or there's wormholes and stuff that provides shortcuts.

It is entirely probable, that humans won't ever make a dent outside our solar system.
You're right but you're thinking about it in the wrong way.

If you launch 1,000 self replicating drones into space within 100,000 years they will have passed through vast swathes of the entire universe.

The fermi paradox suggest these drones should exist, but to our knowledge, they don't.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
Who has done that?
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
What vastly superior aliens? Have you even read the thread, bro?
User avatar
ScarfaceClaw
Posts: 12518
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:46 am
ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
Who has done that?
Look at your typical descriptions of aliens, the bodies they are supposedly doing the autopsy of, the abduction stories. It’s usually shorter humanoid shapes, two arms, two legs, two eyes on a humanish head shape.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

For anyone remotely interested. "Waitbutwhy" essay on the Fermi Paraxdox is thoroughly entertaining.

https://waitbutwhy.com/2014/05/fermi-paradox.html
User avatar
ScarfaceClaw
Posts: 12518
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 am
ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
What vastly superior aliens? Have you even read the thread, bro?
I think I took the thread in the wind up fashion it was started young man. You appear to be having a great time on it.
DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:50 am
DAC_ wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:47 am
ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
What vastly superior aliens? Have you even read the thread, bro?
I think I took the thread in the wind up fashion it was started young man. You appear to be having a great time on it.
I love talking about this shit. The fact remains that the Pentagon released footage of UFOs. So it's worth talking about. No wind up.
towny
Posts: 21653
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:49 am
towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:46 am
ScarfaceClaw wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:44 am Why is the human race or at least the imagination so egotistical to presume that Dac’s vastly superior alien beings are of similar physical size and appearance to humans.
Who has done that?
Look at your typical descriptions of aliens, the bodies they are supposedly doing the autopsy of, the abduction stories. It’s usually shorter humanoid shapes, two arms, two legs, two eyes on a humanish head shape.
Sure, but I'm not sure that this is ego. It's ingrained into our culture as to what aliens might look like, which is constrained to what film and literature have imagined and what they can sell to their buyers. Carl Sagan's book "Contact" takes a different path (in the film anyway), but these aliens had to take the form of the protagonist's father for her to relate to them.
User avatar
Insane_Homer
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Insane_Homer »

DAC_
Posts: 2907
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

and the relevance of this is what?
User avatar
Insane_Homer
Posts: 12163
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Insane_Homer »

Just how easy it is to dupe idiots.
Post Reply