The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

All things Rugby
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

So, a Classified Briefing was given the other day with my favourite quote being from one of the attendees
"Clearly, something’s going on that we can’t handle,' Rep. Tim Burchett
I and a few others find this all fascinating, but the default position of people like Mog and Towny is the little green man position which just destroys any debate. I don't find it fascinating just because of potential ETs, I find it fascinating because of the science, the politics, the technology etc, etc.

The next briefing is on the 25th June. Interesting times.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:47 am So, a Classified Briefing was given the other day with my favourite quote being from one of the attendees
"Clearly, something’s going on that we can’t handle,' Rep. Tim Burchett
I and a few others find this all fascinating, but the default position of people like Mog and Towny is the little green man position which just destroys any debate. I don't find it fascinating just because of potential ETs, I find it fascinating because of the science, the politics, the technology etc, etc.

The next briefing is on the 25th June. Interesting times.
That's not interesting at all. It's some politician saying something about something he knows nothing about. Which is kind of par-for-the-course.

Not only are these things not aliens, they're almost certainly something extremely mundane. I think Mick West has already covered the most likely explanations, including recreating all the effects more-or-less perfectly. They were a light refraction, a commercial airliner and a balloon.

So don't hold your breath for anything too exciting.

In the meantime it is of course making for absolutely fantastic click-bait for cash-strapped legacy media.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
Not really, no.

They're being very transparent about some grainy footage and photos of blobs that they're quite clear are unidentified, have very likely mundane explanations, and are just not very interesting to anyone serious.
towny
Posts: 23004
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
So why not post some of the interesting stuff? There is no one on the planet that won’t be interested in learning about aliens.
User avatar
BlueThunder
Posts: 1461
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: NZ

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by BlueThunder »

So did Fravor see light refraction, a commercial airliner or a balloon?
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

BlueThunder wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:12 am So did Fravor see light refraction, a commercial airliner or a balloon?
A light refraction or a commercial airliner or a balloon or a pelican or a wave or a helicopter or a drone or an experimental aircraft or is he remembering wrong or his he full of shit ... or was it an alien spaceship, flown millions of light-years across the cosmos to do a few-second-long acrobatic show for the US Navy before dissappearing again?

So many questions, so many possibilities. Except the last one. That's not a possibility. That's childish batshit nonsense.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

towny wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:50 am
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
So why not post some of the interesting stuff? There is no one on the planet that won’t be interested in learning about aliens.
Don't be moronic, it's interesting because the briefings are actually happening, the content, so far, is classified.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:41 am
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
Not really, no.

They're being very transparent about some grainy footage and photos of blobs that they're quite clear are unidentified, have very likely mundane explanations, and are just not very interesting to anyone serious.
This, quite clearly to anyone with half a brain, is not just about those grainy videos.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:46 am
towny wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:50 am
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:18 am The Pentagon are issuing classified briefings on UAPs. No, nothing interesting at all about this.
So why not post some of the interesting stuff? There is no one on the planet that won’t be interested in learning about aliens.
Don't be moronic, it's interesting because the briefings are actually happening, the content, so far, is classified.
It's really not that interesting.

I'm confident that if you were a fly on the wall in a confidential Pentagon UAP debriefing, you would be hugely disappointed. It would go something like this:

"So you know those grainy unidentified blobs those pilots picked up on a film?"

"The ones that Ted reckons are probably weather balloons?"

"Yeah. Well some journalist has turned into an alien story and it's going viral. There's morons out there lapping it up. Is this a concern for us? Should we do anything?"

"Meh. Let's just release the stuff, it's totally harmless. If someone wants to beat it up and sell a few newspapers, f-ck it, who cares? .... hey, you see the Bucks are in the play-offs again this year?"
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Interesting:

Pentagon giving briefings with 2 levels of security classifications.
Some video footage has been released, certainly not all of it.
100's of bone fide reports from Naval pilots.

MOG:

Some bloke debunked it on youtube, nothing to see here.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:52 am Interesting:

Pentagon giving briefings with 2 levels of security classifications.
Some video footage has been released, certainly not all of it.
100's of bone fide reports from Naval pilots.

MOG:

Some bloke debunked it on youtube, nothing to see here.
:roll:

1. Pentagon giving briefings means absolutely sweet FA. Like I said before, their briefing might be, "yeah we figured it out, it was a weather balloon". It sure sounds all important and official though.

2. Footage not being released is hardly surprising. They're out there doing military exercises. In fact, the fact that this footage has been released is only evidence that it's incredibly uninteresting to anyone important.

3. 100's of bone fide reports from naval pilots = bullshit, and even if it were not bullshit, it would still mean nothing. Firstly, "bone fide" simply means, "in good faith", which we just don't know. A lot of them have already proven they have no idea what they're talking about (equally surprising and disturbing).

Secondly, there's not "100's", there's a a few. But even if there were 100s, and they were all confirmed to be totally true and accurate ... you'd be talking about hundreds of reports of a pilot looking out the window and seeing a blob in the distance they couldn't immediately identify. Stop the press.

Lastly, Mick West has not "debunked" anything because nobody official is actually saying anything except for, "here's a grainy blob in the distance and due to the extreme low fidelity of the footage, we're not sure what it is". All the aliens shit and advanced foreign intelligence is purely wild speculation from click-baity media and weirdos on the Internet. Joe Rogan isn't helping much blasting his dumb theories to his huge audience either.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Navy Pilot: UAP on screen, no radar contact, please advise.

Nick West: It's a bird mate.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:38 pm Navy Pilot: UAP on screen, no radar contact, please advise.

Nick West: It's a bird mate.
Except none of that happened.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
Oh right sorry.

Of course not aliens, that's crazy talk. Who is talking about that? You're just talking about super advanced, undetectable propulsionless technology that breaks the laws of physics and couldn't come from this earth. But aliens? Psssht.
DAC_
Posts: 3412
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:28 pm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DAC_ »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:29 pm
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
Oh right sorry.

Of course not aliens, that's crazy talk. Who is talking about that? You're just talking about super advanced, undetectable propulsionless technology that breaks the laws of physics and couldn't come from this earth. But aliens? Psssht.
You're making things up to protect your narrative.

But yeah, Mick West.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:17 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:29 pm
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
Oh right sorry.

Of course not aliens, that's crazy talk. Who is talking about that? You're just talking about super advanced, undetectable propulsionless technology that breaks the laws of physics and couldn't come from this earth. But aliens? Psssht.
You're making things up to protect your narrative.

But yeah, Mick West.
Mick West what? Everything he's posted has been eminently calm and well reasoned and extremely convincing.

What's my "narrative"? "calm down and be sensible?".
User avatar
Insane_Homer
Posts: 12193
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Leafy Surrey, UK

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Insane_Homer »

https://www.vox.com/22463659/ufo-videos ... lien-drone

A rather long and clinical look, great read. :thumbup:
User avatar
Sefton
Posts: 16747
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Sefton »

DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
I certainly don’t think you’re an alien, DAC.
towny
Posts: 23004
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

DAC isn’t saying it’s aliens. He is smart enough to know that there’s not nearly enough evidence to suggest these sitings are from aliens. After all, there is no evidence of aliens, so why would he think there was? Don’t put words in his mouth and don’t presume he believes it’s aliens, merely because all of the links he shares are from information crafted by those certainly big believers that it’s aliens. DAC is open-minded. He just wants to know the truth that’s out there.

Fortunately his open mind allows him to acknowledge when these claims of alien spaceships are crushed by sane, reasonable, rational people.

https://youtu.be/Le7Fqbsrrm8
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Insane_Homer wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:52 pm https://www.vox.com/22463659/ufo-videos ... lien-drone

A rather long and clinical look, great read. :thumbup:
Meh. Its okay, but even that is pretty sensationalist in my opinion.

They present Mick West's explanations and the "its something extraordinary" hypothesis as two equally likely alternatives and "who knows?".

In reality, West's explanations and recreations of the exact same effects, down to small details, are so overwhelmingly convincing that they're almost 100% sure to be correct. Lets say 99%. There's a teeny chance (1% ballpark) they could be something amazing, like foreign spy technology the Americans are somehow totally behind the 8-ball on, and so close to a 0% that they are aliens, we may as well call it that.

Most media presentations seem to put those percentages almost the exact opposite way around.

Still, it's a much better article than most others I've read. Atleast they are skeptical that "it's aliens" as opposed to stopping a bees dick short of declaring that as fact like most of the other click baity nonsense articles do. And at least they give West the time of day and link to his vids.
User avatar
Newsome
Posts: 3519
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Newsome »

Image
User avatar
Jeff the Bear
Posts: 19771
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Jeff the Bear »

Newsome wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:30 am Image
Well I'm sold. :lol:
User avatar
DragsterDriver
Posts: 27015
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Big Willi Style

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by DragsterDriver »

Sefton wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:56 pm
DAC_ wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:20 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:56 pm I love how alien nutters think this "no radar contact" is some kind of mystery and evidence of advanced technology. It's evidence of either that or that there's nothing there. Apply Occam's Razor.
There an no alien nutters here, it's a shame you can't or won't see that.
I certainly don’t think you’re an alien, DAC.
“You’re an Englishman in Newport”

I’m all in on aliens.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

So ... the much anticipated UAP report has finally been released.

Unsurprisingly, it doesn't say anything remarkable. In summary, "we don't know, there has always been and always will be unidentified blobs that sometimes show up, no evidence of aliens or even any type of advanced technology, but we should still endeavour to identify them for various reasons".

Predictably, the UFO crowd are reacting with a mix between reading secret codified messages between the lines, cherry-picking the most sensationalist sounding snippets out-of-context, and, "it's a cover-up". :roll: :lol:

Equal parts of hilarious and sad that so many really thought this was going to be a concession of discovering advanced technology and/or alien space ships.
User avatar
AlanBengio
Posts: 2720
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Italia

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by AlanBengio »

I too am excited about these releases; to know what these secret UFO investigations came to - to see what these mighty CIA and Pentagon and FBI with their “Jason Bourne” organizations could have found out, with all those resources they have.

But then I remember the fact that few friends of mine were able to come to US undetected, and that they were able to work illegaly for years after undetected, and that two of them had been also able to get a Californian Drive licence by the State despite their illegal status (undetected), and that one was able to open a bank account also (always undetected as illegal), and then when during their last year in US they decided to be less “undercover” (because they wanted to be caught to be deported back for free - to not pay a return ticket to Milan) nobody noticed them anyway, and then they decided to get back to Italy anyway (after sending all the money they saved back before leaving undetected).
And I remember and then I think that all that “Jason Bourne” organization able to see and find everything it is more likely a legend - and if you are smart and invisible even the mighty CIA will know nothing about you.
So maybe UFO could have been just my friends flying drones after all
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

AlanBengio wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:28 pm I too am excited about these releases; to know what these secret UFO investigations came to - to see what these mighty CIA and Pentagon and FBI with their “Jason Bourne” organizations could have found out, with all those resources they have.

But then I remember the fact that few friends of mine were able to come to US undetected, and that they were able to work illegaly for years after undetected, and that two of them had been also able to get a Californian Drive licence by the State despite their illegal status (undetected), and that one was able to open a bank account also (always undetected as illegal), and then when during their last year in US they decided to be less “undercover” (because they wanted to be caught to be deported back for free - to not pay a return ticket to Milan) nobody noticed them anyway, and then they decided to get back to Italy anyway (after sending all the money they saved back before leaving undetected).
And I remember and then I think that all that “Jason Bourne” organization able to see and find everything it is more likely a legend - and if you are smart and invisible even the mighty CIA will know nothing about you.
So maybe UFO could have been just my friends flying drones after all
The US government can't even cover it up when their President puts his cigar inside his intern.

It's absolutely laughable to suggest they are covering up aliens visiting earth. As if the only country in the world where aliens ever visit is the USA.

Even more laughable would be that they visit every country on earth and every government in the world is covering it up.

That's a ridiculous theory that belongs up there with flat earth and the tooth fairy.
towny
Posts: 23004
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

The US wants illegal immigration, because many of its industries are dependent on the cheap labour.
highlands
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by highlands »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:18 am I mean UFOs. Not Aliens.

So, with a recent raft of sightings and videos from Government agencies across the world that confirm either:

A: There is technology available that seems to defy the laws of physics?

Or:

B: We are seeing technology from another world or dimension?

The lack of response from the public is quite funny, no one appears to actually give a single f*ck. We really could be on the cusp of the most fantastic discovery in human existence that would change almost everything as we know it and potentially bring humans closer together, but nah, Man Utd put out a weakened squad against Leicester city.
The reason is because it's a load idiotic horseshit.

Do you want to know why every single UFO ever photographed or filmed going back to the 1940s ... Every. Single. One. ... has been a grainy, blurry, blob on low-resolution film? Because in all the clear photos and films, it's plain to see they're not alien spaceships. Pictures of birds and clouds aren't as exciting.

That's true whether it's "official" military jet plane footage or some hick in Alabama with a handi-cam. The only thing that is "official" is they're not sure what it is, or if it's a glitch, what caused it. That is interesting in itself, but not as interesting as jumping to dumbass conclusions about "aliens flying across the galaxy to do a few stunts in front of US jet-fighter pilots".

They are unidentified flying objects. Which means they could be anything. Including a glitch in the system or a piece of bird shit. Of the lists of the thousands of possible explanations, "little spaceship that aliens flew here undetected, only to get caught for the umpteen-thousandth time on grainy footage where you can't actually tell what they are"

... is about #433919123 on the list of possibilities.

Joe Rogan banging on about this like a f-cking moron is absolutely tedious as well. The dude has zero critical thinking capacity.
Yes, that's exactly what I said, who the f*ck are you ranting at?
Joe Rogan to be honest.

I'm just having a knee-jerk reaction because that knucklehead is going on about it all the time and I have no means to rant at him so took it on you instead.

To be fair, you did imply that the only two possible conclusions are technology that "seems to" defy physics or aliens, when in reality those two explanations are a mile down the list of realistic explanations. Granted, the second one a lot further than the first.
I cant listen to rogan anymore. Whats he on at all. Wont shut up about UFO's and David bloody Fravor. Its nuts how people believe this shit. All right wingers as well.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

highlands wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:18 am I mean UFOs. Not Aliens.

So, with a recent raft of sightings and videos from Government agencies across the world that confirm either:

A: There is technology available that seems to defy the laws of physics?

Or:

B: We are seeing technology from another world or dimension?

The lack of response from the public is quite funny, no one appears to actually give a single f*ck. We really could be on the cusp of the most fantastic discovery in human existence that would change almost everything as we know it and potentially bring humans closer together, but nah, Man Utd put out a weakened squad against Leicester city.
The reason is because it's a load idiotic horseshit.

Do you want to know why every single UFO ever photographed or filmed going back to the 1940s ... Every. Single. One. ... has been a grainy, blurry, blob on low-resolution film? Because in all the clear photos and films, it's plain to see they're not alien spaceships. Pictures of birds and clouds aren't as exciting.

That's true whether it's "official" military jet plane footage or some hick in Alabama with a handi-cam. The only thing that is "official" is they're not sure what it is, or if it's a glitch, what caused it. That is interesting in itself, but not as interesting as jumping to dumbass conclusions about "aliens flying across the galaxy to do a few stunts in front of US jet-fighter pilots".

They are unidentified flying objects. Which means they could be anything. Including a glitch in the system or a piece of bird shit. Of the lists of the thousands of possible explanations, "little spaceship that aliens flew here undetected, only to get caught for the umpteen-thousandth time on grainy footage where you can't actually tell what they are"

... is about #433919123 on the list of possibilities.

Joe Rogan banging on about this like a f-cking moron is absolutely tedious as well. The dude has zero critical thinking capacity.
Yes, that's exactly what I said, who the f*ck are you ranting at?
Joe Rogan to be honest.

I'm just having a knee-jerk reaction because that knucklehead is going on about it all the time and I have no means to rant at him so took it on you instead.

To be fair, you did imply that the only two possible conclusions are technology that "seems to" defy physics or aliens, when in reality those two explanations are a mile down the list of realistic explanations. Granted, the second one a lot further than the first.
I cant listen to rogan anymore. Whats he on at all. Wont shut up about UFO's and David bloody Fravor. Its nuts how people believe this shit. All right wingers as well.
So true. Its a shame because he is genuinely a really good interviewer, he is funny and does have a lot insight. Emotional Intelligence, I think is the right word.

He's always been very prone to get suckered in with fringe pseudo scientific shit, for example all that Göbekli Tepe and Atlantis type shit. But its just going too far now. With both his fringe covid opinions and all this aliens crap.

I could forgive when it was a harmless gym bro and it was kind of funny, but he's now not only getting too political but also stating blatantly untrue nonsense to millions and millions of people as it were concrete fact and even all his undeniable charisma can't stop me from largely tuning out.

I still listen to the occasional podcast, but only when the guest is a legitimate and respected authority in their field.
highlands
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by highlands »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:32 pm
highlands wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:00 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:37 pm

The reason is because it's a load idiotic horseshit.

Do you want to know why every single UFO ever photographed or filmed going back to the 1940s ... Every. Single. One. ... has been a grainy, blurry, blob on low-resolution film? Because in all the clear photos and films, it's plain to see they're not alien spaceships. Pictures of birds and clouds aren't as exciting.

That's true whether it's "official" military jet plane footage or some hick in Alabama with a handi-cam. The only thing that is "official" is they're not sure what it is, or if it's a glitch, what caused it. That is interesting in itself, but not as interesting as jumping to dumbass conclusions about "aliens flying across the galaxy to do a few stunts in front of US jet-fighter pilots".

They are unidentified flying objects. Which means they could be anything. Including a glitch in the system or a piece of bird shit. Of the lists of the thousands of possible explanations, "little spaceship that aliens flew here undetected, only to get caught for the umpteen-thousandth time on grainy footage where you can't actually tell what they are"

... is about #433919123 on the list of possibilities.

Joe Rogan banging on about this like a f-cking moron is absolutely tedious as well. The dude has zero critical thinking capacity.
Yes, that's exactly what I said, who the f*ck are you ranting at?
Joe Rogan to be honest.

I'm just having a knee-jerk reaction because that knucklehead is going on about it all the time and I have no means to rant at him so took it on you instead.

To be fair, you did imply that the only two possible conclusions are technology that "seems to" defy physics or aliens, when in reality those two explanations are a mile down the list of realistic explanations. Granted, the second one a lot further than the first.
I cant listen to rogan anymore. Whats he on at all. Wont shut up about UFO's and David bloody Fravor. Its nuts how people believe this shit. All right wingers as well.
So true. Its a shame because he is genuinely a really good interviewer, he is funny and does have a lot insight. Emotional Intelligence, I think is the right word.

He's always been very prone to get suckered in with fringe pseudo scientific shit, for example all that Göbekli Tepe and Atlantis type shit. But its just going too far now. With both his fringe covid opinions and all this aliens crap.

I could forgive when it was a harmless gym bro and it was kind of funny, but he's now not only getting too political but also stating blatantly untrue nonsense to millions and millions of people as it were concrete fact and even all his undeniable charisma can't stop me from largely tuning out.

I still listen to the occasional podcast, but only when the guest is a legitimate and respected authority in their field.
Yeah it is a shame. The podcasts with physicists, scientists etc are great but like you say when he starts spouting about UFO's or psychedelics its hard not to tune out.
Rogan is a funny one. Claims to be a leftie. Nah, no chance. Definetly a closet trump fan.
I spose leftie over there is probably a right winger over this side of the ocean.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

For example, on this topic, he's said so many times that The Pentagon has officially announced they have recovered "craft not of this world", and that is just so far from the truth it's basically a lie.

The Pentagon haven't said anything even remotely similar. In fact, nobody has.

But he says it like it's some kind of indisputable fact.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

highlands wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:40 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:32 pm
highlands wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:11 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:49 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:00 pm

Yes, that's exactly what I said, who the f*ck are you ranting at?
Joe Rogan to be honest.

I'm just having a knee-jerk reaction because that knucklehead is going on about it all the time and I have no means to rant at him so took it on you instead.

To be fair, you did imply that the only two possible conclusions are technology that "seems to" defy physics or aliens, when in reality those two explanations are a mile down the list of realistic explanations. Granted, the second one a lot further than the first.
I cant listen to rogan anymore. Whats he on at all. Wont shut up about UFO's and David bloody Fravor. Its nuts how people believe this shit. All right wingers as well.
So true. Its a shame because he is genuinely a really good interviewer, he is funny and does have a lot insight. Emotional Intelligence, I think is the right word.

He's always been very prone to get suckered in with fringe pseudo scientific shit, for example all that Göbekli Tepe and Atlantis type shit. But its just going too far now. With both his fringe covid opinions and all this aliens crap.

I could forgive when it was a harmless gym bro and it was kind of funny, but he's now not only getting too political but also stating blatantly untrue nonsense to millions and millions of people as it were concrete fact and even all his undeniable charisma can't stop me from largely tuning out.

I still listen to the occasional podcast, but only when the guest is a legitimate and respected authority in their field.
Yeah it is a shame. The podcasts with physicists, scientists etc are great but like you say when he starts spouting about UFO's or psychedelics its hard not to tune out.
Rogan is a funny one. Claims to be a leftie. Nah, no chance. Definetly a closet trump fan.
I spose leftie over there is probably a right winger over this side of the ocean.
I think he's genuinely trying to be open minded and not fit in any box politically. I think he's conflicted because he likes Bernie Sanders and healthcare and basic universal income. But he also has a lot of respect for military type hard men and navy seals and shit, who often lean right, and he can't seem to separate their legitimate accomplishments from their idiotic politics.

He describes Dan Crenshaw as a moderate Republican which is kind of funny. The guy is a right wing loon. But hey, he's a cool navy seal type tough guy with an eye patch.
highlands
Posts: 80
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:16 am

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by highlands »

Even when the like of Elon Musk or Neil degrasse Tyson tells him its horsehit, he wont get off that hobby horse.
towny
Posts: 23004
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

Joe Rogan asks good questions, listens intently and is respectful so he’s likeable. But he’s not bright and isn’t able to get past the surface bullshit of any topic.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

He also has far too many legitimately intelligent (thus convincing) guests who basically make a living out of complaining about far-left woke-ism and social justice warrioring.

Don't get me wrong, I think those things are a legitimate concern and impediment to rational, scientific discourse. And actually a big problem that warrants some push back.

But they way these people talk about the problem is as if every University is completely saturated with unthinking nonsense, every University professor is a mindlessly unscientific woke moron and everyone with a degree is a brain-washed ideologue.

Extreme hyperbole bordering on absolute crap.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. Continue. About those aliens...
towny
Posts: 23004
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 pm
Location: Perth

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by towny »

Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:58 pm He also has far too many legitimately intelligent guests who basically make a living out of complaining about far-left woke-ism and social justice warrioring.

Don't get me wrong, I think those things are a legitimate concern and impediment to rational, scientific discourse.

But they way these people talk about the problem is as if every University is completely saturated with unthinking nonsense, every University professor is a mindlessly unscientific woke moron and everyone with a degree is a brain-washed ideologue.

Extreme hyperbole bordering on absolute crap.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. Continue. About those aliens...
I’m not a regular listener. To me he’s basically just chatting with dudes and/or try to break down complicated issues into buzzwords. After meeting with literally hundreds of experts, Rogan knows a lot about UFC and very little about anything else. But he seems like he’d be good value at the pub.
User avatar
Mog The Almighty
Posts: 13730
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: The Lack of Reaction Over Confirmed UFO Sightings

Post by Mog The Almighty »

towny wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:04 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:58 pm He also has far too many legitimately intelligent guests who basically make a living out of complaining about far-left woke-ism and social justice warrioring.

Don't get me wrong, I think those things are a legitimate concern and impediment to rational, scientific discourse.

But they way these people talk about the problem is as if every University is completely saturated with unthinking nonsense, every University professor is a mindlessly unscientific woke moron and everyone with a degree is a brain-washed ideologue.

Extreme hyperbole bordering on absolute crap.

Anyway, I'm off on a tangent. Continue. About those aliens...
I’m not a regular listener. To me he’s basically just chatting with dudes and/or try to break down complicated issues into buzzwords. After meeting with literally hundreds of experts, Rogan knows a lot about UFC and very little about anything else. But he seems like he’d be good value at the pub.
He'd be great to hang out with. Really funny, interesting and a good listener. And he definitely has a high degree of a certain type of insightfulness, curiosity and intelligence. That just doesn't include very much cold, scientific critical thinking.

He'd do well to make an effort to fully comprehend the concept of Occams Razor. He's too interested in fringe possibilities and mind blowing and extraordinary explanations for things rather than what is actually true.
Last edited by Mog The Almighty on Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply