Force vs. Chiefs (the Aldi thread)

All things Rugby
kiwigreg369

Force vs. Chiefs (the Aldi thread)

Post by kiwigreg369 »

None of the usual razz - it’s a rugby game.

Who is playing.
The Force are playing the Chiefs.

Where - Perth, Western Australia

When - Saturday 15th May
kick off is 9:55pm EST - fcuk knows the other times but it’s the graveyard game

Teams:

Force - TBC

Chiefs -AT A GLANCE

Chiefs: Chase Tiatia, Shaun Stevenson, Anton Lienert-Brown, Alex Nankivell, Jonah Lowe, Damian McKenzie, Brad Weber (c), Luke Jacobson, Lachlan Boshier, Pita Gus Sowakula, Tupou Vaa’i, Josh Lord, Angus Ta’avao, Nathan Harris, Aidan Ross.

Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ollie Norris, Joe Apikotoa, Zane Kapeli, Liam Messam, Xavier Roe, Bryn Gatland, Bailyn Sullivan.

Ref - ?

Odds - ?
Last edited by kiwigreg369 on Thu May 13, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zakar

Re: Force vs. Chiefs (the Aldi thread)

Post by Zakar »

The day might be helpful.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Good call
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Force v Chiefs

Saturday 15 May, 11:55pm

HBF Park, Perth

Referee: Damon Murphy

Assistant 1: Graham Cooper

Assistant 2: Jordan Way

TMO: Brett Cronan
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

DMAC at 10.

More to come on teams.

Richard K playing against the Chiefs is a nice side story - especially if Liam gets on the pitch.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Looks like Chiefs gone with Gus at 6 again. Not sure about that but I think it’s more fluid with Jacobson.
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Fergus Lee-Warner, Tim Anstee, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander, Tomas Cubelli, Jake McIntyre, Jordan Olowofela, Henry Taefu, Kyle Godwin (c), Richard Kahui, Rob Kearney

Reserves: Andrew Ready, Angus Warner, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCauley, Ollie Callan, Ian Prior, Domingo Miotti, Jake Strachan

CHIEFS (1-15): Aiden Ross, Nathan Harris, Angus Ta'avao, Josh Lord, Tupou Vaa'i, Pita Gus Sowakula, Lachlan Boshier, Luke Jacobson, Brad Weber (c), Damian McKenzie, Jonah Lowe, Alex Nankivell, Anton Lienert-Brown, Shaun Stevenson, Chase Tiatia

Reserves: Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ollie Norris, Joe Apikotoa, Zane Kapeli, Liam Messam, Xavier Roe, Bryn Gatland, Bailyn Sullivan
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Can the Chiefs complete a kiwi sweep? Couldn't bet against them.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:02 pm Can the Chiefs complete a kiwi sweep? Couldn't bet against them.
Impossible to say as Stan's coverage is useless.
grievous

Post by grievous »

mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:09 pm
mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:02 pm Can the Chiefs complete a kiwi sweep? Couldn't bet against them.
How is NZ covering it? Dont tell me, you bum off a relative living here.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

grievous wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:30 pm
Don't live in NZ, but thanks for chiming in.

Next time, don't.
grievous

Post by grievous »

mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:50 pm

Next time, don't.
I will
Another Kiwi refugee whinging over here. Get an above average internet service in the share house you're in.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Safe to say at this point that all 4 of last week's finalists have struggled to back up. There really should have been a week off.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

grievous wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:59 pm

Next time, don't.
I will
Another Kiwi refugee whinging over here. Get an above average internet service in the share house you're in.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a new schtick, mate.
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

How do the Aussies feel after the 1st round of TT?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

:lol: :lol:

Great win Force
The Optimist

Post by The Optimist »

Nice touch by McKenzie. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
grievous

Post by grievous »

Big Nipper wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm How do the Aussies feel after the 1st round of TT?
Contemplating the first round two very close results, good crowds, packed rugby viewing schedule, ongoing external measurable gauge for national side...very good.
How is the local proposed comp against Lesotho coming along?
GotheCanes

Post by GotheCanes »

grievous wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:04 pm
Big Nipper wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:41 pm How do the Aussies feel after the 1st round of TT?
Contemplating the first round two very close results, good crowds, packed rugby viewing schedule, ongoing external measurable gauge for national side...very good.
How is the local proposed comp against Lesotho coming along?
Yep the tope 2 SRA teams could have easily been rolled. Enjoyed watching Thrush and Kahui last the full game as well
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Next time, don't.
grievous operating in his usual range of prick through megacvnt.
towny

Post by towny »

My team lost. I couldn’t care less about the rest.
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

That was home town reffing at its finest. I don't think I've ever seen such a fine example of it. I wonder what the penalty count was?

Having said that, DMac missing 3 kicks nearly cost the Chiefs the game.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Bloody hell - just watching the recording and I cannot believe the red card on Jacobson. Not rolling away ??? He was nowhere near where the ball came out - it was a clear penalty to the Chiefs for not releasing.

Perhaps this whole tournament was a dumb idea with this reffing effort and Paul Williams gifting the Crusaders a win.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Enzedder wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 pm Bloody hell - just watching the recording and I cannot believe the red card on Jacobson. Not rolling away ??? He was nowhere near where the ball came out - it was a clear penalty to the Chiefs for not releasing.

Perhaps this whole tournament was a dumb idea with this reffing effort and Paul Williams gifting the Crusaders a win.
And yet, tip tackle on Kahui at the 41st minute where the Chiefs player drove up and took Kahui over the horizontal was nothing
And what is the complaint on that call? The Chiefs player was lying perpendicular to the line across the ball making no effort to roll away. It was after a warning to the team and was therefore a clear yellow. Given it was his second yellow it was a red. I don’t understand where you have a complaint.

Stop whinging. Your team won.
Last edited by Farva on Sun May 16, 2021 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Reds you can’t consider because they played a b team. Rebels got blown off the park. Force, Brumbies and Tahs all close games.
I think the competition is pretty even.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:56 am
Enzedder wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 11:47 pm Bloody hell - just watching the recording and I cannot believe the red card on Jacobson. Not rolling away ??? He was nowhere near where the ball came out - it was a clear penalty to the Chiefs for not releasing.

And yet, tip tackle on Kahui at the 41st minute where the Chiefs player drove up and took Kahui over the horizontal was nothing.

Like Enz, I watched a replay this morning after a pretty big night out. The two of us watching were....

puzzled

by the refereeing of this match.
Farva

Post by Farva »

guy smiley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:13 am

And yet, tip tackle on Kahui at the 41st minute where the Chiefs player drove up and took Kahui over the horizontal was nothing.

Like Enz, I watched a replay this morning after a pretty big night out. The two of us watching were....

puzzled

I don’t see anything wrong with the red card (given it was after a team warning and was a red because it was his second yellow).
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

guy smiley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:13 am

puzzled

The ref was a disgrace. Worse than some of those notorious Saffer refs. Hopefully he should not get another game.

Still like to know what the penalty count was. He was making up reasons as the game went on.

After the Chiefs scrum dominated, he decided to penalise them off the park, every time, to even things up. Went back multiple phases to deny ALB a try.

The YC on the Farce player should have also been a penalty try, because the ball was on its way to an unmarked player a couple of metres from the line when he slapped it down. He was quick to give the Farce the PT.

As for the tip tackle, Kahuis momentum took him up and over, because the hit was legit, even the TMO said so.

I almost gave up watching 20 minutes into the 2nd half, because even though the Chiefs had a good lead, it was frustrating watching him giving so many penalties. It ruined the game.

Cue Aussie posters crying about whingeing about the ref. And the Saders ref didn't have a good game either, although not as bad as this clown.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

obelixtim wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 am The ref was a disgrace. Worse than some of those notorious Saffer refs. Hopefully he should not get another game.

Still like to know what the penalty count was. He was making up reasons as the game went on.

After the Chiefs scrum dominated, he decided to penalise them off the park, every time, to even things up. Went back multiple phases to deny ALB a try.

The YC on the Farce player should have also been a penalty try, because the ball was on its way to an unmarked player a couple of metres from the line when he slapped it down. He was quick to give the Farce the PT.

As for the tip tackle, Kahuis momentum took him up and over, because the hit was legit, even the TMO said so.

I almost gave up watching 20 minutes into the 2nd half, because even though the Chiefs had a good lead, it was frustrating watching him giving so many penalties. It ruined the game.

Cue Aussie posters crying about whingeing about the ref. And the Saders ref didn't have a good game either, although not as bad as this clown.
:lol: epic rant
obelixtim

Post by obelixtim »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:59 am
obelixtim wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 am The ref was a disgrace. Worse than some of those notorious Saffer refs. Hopefully he should not get another game.

:lol: epic rant

Watch the game Ali, if you haven't already.

I'm sure you can improve on my effort.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

obelixtim wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 am Watch the game Ali, if you haven't already.

I haven't watched it. But was it really as bad as some of the worst SA refereeing efforts? As bad as Egon Seconds blowing a 20-1 penalty count in favour of the team he used to play for. As bad as Stuart Berry yellow carding four Crusaders in the same match (including three players at the same time) against the Sharks and then tearfully apologising to the Sharks captain that he couldn't card more.
shanky

Post by shanky »

When did obelixtim become so shouty and angry?

He’s become like NZ version of Spine
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

shanky wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:10 am When did obelixtim become so shouty and angry?

He’s become like NZ version of Spine
He gets quite emotionally invested.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

obelixtim wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:02 am Watch the game Ali, if you haven't already.

Is there a link to a full replay on the Net?
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:06 am

I haven't watched it. But was it really as bad as some of the worst SA refereeing efforts? As bad as Egon Seconds blowing a 20-1 penalty count in favour of the team he used to play for. As bad as Stuart Berry yellow carding four Crusaders in the same match (including three players at the same time) against the Sharks and then tearfully apologising to the Sharks captain that he couldn't card more.
No he wasn't bad at all, I had serious doubts about Reds card because Jaconson while on the gorund was actually not stopping ball coming out, but c'est la vie some calls go not as I see them. One thing I did like was when Murphy overruled the TMO when he was trying to say there was a high shot or something towards end of game. He's not great, but don't think he too bad.
Farva

Post by Farva »

Dan54. wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 am

No he wasn't bad at all, I had serious doubts about Reds card because Jaconson while on the gorund was actually not stopping ball coming out, but c'est la vie some calls go not as I see them. One thing I did like was when Murphy overruled the TMO when he was trying to say there was a high shot or something towards end of game. He's not great, but don't think he too bad.
The thing is, Jacobsen wasn’t making an effort to roll away. He was lying there. It made it really easy for the ref to blow him for it. And because the Chiefs were on a warning it was a yellow. And because it was his second yellow it was a red.

On the slap down, the ref explained his decision. There was a defender there. Would he have stopped the try? Who knows. But for it to be a PT you need to be sure that a try would have been scored. He wasn’t sure so correct decision.

On the scrum, he penalised the Force initially. He called the Chiefs for an early push. Then Greg Holmes came on and the scrum battle evened up.

Obelixim is just being Safferesque..
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Farva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:23 am
Dan54. wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:00 am

The thing is, Jacobsen wasn’t making an effort to roll away. He was lying there. It made it really easy for the ref to blow him for it. And because the Chiefs were on a warning it was a yellow. And because it was his second yellow it was a red.

On the slap down, the ref explained his decision. There was a defender there. Would he have stopped the try? Who knows. But for it to be a PT you need to be sure that a try would have been scored. He wasn’t sure so correct decision.

On the scrum, he penalised the Force initially. He called the Chiefs for an early push. Then Greg Holmes came on and the scrum battle evened up.

Obelixim is just being Safferesque..
Not according to the laws.

"A penalty try is awarded between the goal posts if foul play by the opposing team prevents a probable try from being scored".

The key word is "probable".
Farva

Post by Farva »

Sorry probable. I don’t think it was probable. There was work to be done.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:31 am Sorry probable. I don’t think it was probable. There was work to be done.
You could argue the same about the PT he did award.
Farva

Post by Farva »

guy smiley wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:33 am
Farva wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:31 am Sorry probable. I don’t think it was probable. There was work to be done.
You could argue the same about the PT he did award.
Stan have screwed up the feed so it skipped that try. I haven’t seen it so can’t comment.