Nzru turn down Springboks request for a warm-up test

All things Rugby
ZuluBoy

Nzru turn down Springboks request for a warm-up test

Post by ZuluBoy »

Nzru refused due to their strict quaranteen of 14 days they wouldn't be able to be ready for their next fixture. Link below:

https://rugby365.com/countries/new-zeal ... pringboks/
guy smiley

Re: Nzru turn down Springboks request for a warm-up test

Post by guy smiley »

With concerns around the competitiveness of the Georgian side ahead of such a significant series against the Lions, SA Rugby also approached Japan about the possibility of a warm-up test
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shanky

Post by shanky »

guy smiley wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:57 am
With concerns around the competitiveness of the Georgian side ahead of such a significant series against the Lions, SA Rugby also approached Japan about the possibility of a warm-up test
:lol: :lol:

Champagne comedy
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

ZuluBoy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:26 am Nzru refused due to their strict quaranteen of 14 days they wouldn't be able to be ready for their next fixture. Link below:

The Springboks haven't honoured a single commitment since the 2019 RWC and they suddenly expect the AB's to drop everything and subject themselves to two weeks in quarantine for a meaningless friendly game. Are they serious?
deverix

Post by deverix »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:23 am
ZuluBoy wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:26 am Nzru refused due to their strict quaranteen of 14 days they wouldn't be able to be ready for their next fixture. Link below:

The Springboks haven't honoured a single commitment since the 2019 RWC and they suddenly expect the AB's to drop everything and subject themselves to two weeks in quarantine for a meaningless friendly game. Are they serious?

Nothing ever truly surprises me about their behaviour, SA is morally bankrupt nation.. what's worse is literally all the expat Saffa's that come here to NZ are notoriously religiously conservative. I honestly haven't met one here in NZ that isn't a loony Christian fundie.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

shanky wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 am
guy smiley wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:57 am
:lol: :lol:

Champagne comedy
:lol:
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

Earlier this week, World Rugby confirmed the fixtures of its July test schedule, whereby the All Blacks will host Fiji across two tests on July 10 and July 17, while there are plans to play either Samoa or Tonga in Hamilton or Auckland on July 3.
Not seen this in a reputable media release.
Wignu

Post by Wignu »

Were they really concerned with the competitiveness of the Georgian side or did in fact the Georgians decline to play because their players hadn't had 400 hours of game time??
sorCrer

Post by sorCrer »

deverix wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:43 am

Nothing ever truly surprises me about their behaviour, SA is morally bankrupt nation.. what's worse is literally all the expat Saffa's that come here to NZ are notoriously religiously conservative. I honestly haven't met one here in NZ that isn't a loony Christian fundie.

Says someone supporting a country that throws it's indigenous leaders out of parliament at the drop of a sppech. :lol:
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

sorCrer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 am

Says someone supporting a country that throws it's indigenous leaders out of parliament at the drop of a sppech. :lol:
Do you think we should not throw indigenous people out of Parliament the same way we throw non indigenous people out of Parliament?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Its genuinely hilarious. Maybe they should be the ones sponsored by Cadbury - they can be Flake brand ambassadors.
naki111

Post by naki111 »

sorCrer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:56 am

He's just an MP boet, same as all the other MPs who get thrown out for dumb shit. Not surprising a South African is keen to make it about race though. You really can't help yourselves.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Zakar wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:03 am

Its genuinely hilarious. Maybe they should be the ones sponsored by Cadbury - they can be Flake brand ambassadors.
With Claytons as their drinks partner?

The Springboks, the team you support when you don’t want to watch rugby.
handyman

Post by handyman »

One would have thought that nz would have accepted the RWC 2019 loss by now.

I guess not.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

handyman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:54 am One would have thought that nz would have accepted the RWC 2019 loss by now.

I guess not.
What a stupid comment.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:55 am
handyman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:54 am One would have thought that nz would have accepted the RWC 2019 loss by now.

I guess not.
What a stupid comment.
How do they manage to be that butthurt after winning the thing? :lol:
towny

Post by towny »

Wignu wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:53 am Were they really concerned with the competitiveness of the Georgian side or did in fact the Georgians decline to play because their players hadn't had 400 hours of game time??
:lol:
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Pure narcisissm from the Boks. Sadly in character, though.

The SARU should be crawling back to the other SANZAAR nations on their hands and knees - after 400 hours of warming up, of course. They're in no position to be making ridiculous demands. Home refs and 20-1 penalty counts won't save you this time!
naki111

Post by naki111 »

I guess not.
Your union is battling to organise a single one off warm up test match against teams like Georgia and Japan. That's your new reality boet. Just let that sink in.
Lemoentjie

Post by Lemoentjie »

Embarrassing from the NZRU. Where is their competitive spirit?
Big Nipper

Post by Big Nipper »

Well this thread is going exactly as I would have imagined
Brumbie_Steve

Post by Brumbie_Steve »

I wonder how the Lions feel about being a warm up for the Tri Nations.
Adrianmole

Post by Adrianmole »

I think you will find that Seth Africa lost against the Spiritual Guardians in the RWC boet.

It is a pity the Yarps have run scared ever since.

I guess not.
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

The Boks look woefully underprepared for this once in a generation test series. 400 hours of push-ups can only do so much.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Unbelievable, after all the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and shrieking from so many on here because the boks put people's lives ahead of playing a game. The main comlaint back then was that the boks chickened out. Were too afraid to play. Now the boks offer the ABs a chance to play against the world champs and the ABs decline. Suddenly the boks are the bad guys again? Un fvcking believable. If it weren't so fvcking hysterically ridiculous it would be fvcking hysterically ridiculous.
towny

Post by towny »

Auckman wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:31 am The Boks look woefully underprepared for this once in a generation test series. 400 hours of push-ups can only do so much.
The first game the Argie players had in a year and they rolled the ABs. No excuses for these books.
towny

Post by towny »

Clogs wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:36 am Unbelievable, after all the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and shrieking from so many on here because the boks put people's lives ahead of playing a game. The main comlaint back then was that the boks chickened out. Were too afraid to play. Now the boks offer the ABs a chance to play against the world champs and the ABs decline. Suddenly the boks are the bad guys again? Un fvcking believable. If it weren't so fvcking hysterically ridiculous it would be fvcking hysterically ridiculous.
My initial response is to agree - the ABs don't have a test and here's a way to get some money and prepare the ABs for the RC. But then I remember how much I hate Clogs and reason disappears. Fark you Cloggs! :frown:
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

I doubt they were ever serious about the request. It was opportunistic and the benefit of a refusal is it allows some of their more defensive fans to find some equivalence with the Bok capitulation of last season. It was a clever move.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

towny wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:55 am
Clogs wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:36 am Unbelievable, after all the panty twisting, teeth gnashing and shrieking from so many on here because the boks put people's lives ahead of playing a game. The main comlaint back then was that the boks chickened out. Were too afraid to play. Now the boks offer the ABs a chance to play against the world champs and the ABs decline. Suddenly the boks are the bad guys again? Un fvcking believable. If it weren't so fvcking hysterically ridiculous it would be fvcking hysterically ridiculous.
My initial response is to agree - the ABs don't have a test and here's a way to get some money and prepare the ABs for the RC. But then I remember how much I hate Clogs and reason disappears. Fark you Cloggs! :frown:
Do not make me break out the whisky bottle boxes! Cvnt!
Midfieldmaestro

Post by Midfieldmaestro »

Did the ABs reserves strength diiminished perhaps ? If not they could have played the Springboks while they leave their B team behind to play Fij.
The Springboks during the RCs of 2019 had to play Australia in CT and the ABs in Wellington the next Saturday so they split into basically 2 teams
Last edited by Midfieldmaestro on Thu May 13, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Midfieldmaestro wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pmThe Springboks during the RCs of 2018 had to play Australia in CT and the ABs in Wellington the next Saturday. The springboks then sent their one team to nz while the other team played against Australia. The Springboks won both tests.
I think you are confused. The Boks lost to Australia in Australia in 2018 the week before they beat NZ in Wellington. The squads were pretty consistent.

Did you mean that the Boks sent a B team to Argentina, where they lost?
Midfieldmaestro

was 2019 RCs not 2018
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Midfieldmaestro wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:43 pm was 2019 RCs not 2018
may be an amalgam of the two but still wrong. The Boks didn’t beat NZ in 2019.
Couch

Post by Couch »

So you admit then the Springboks chickened out?

Great, thanks for the clarity in your statement.
Midfieldmaestro

Mr Mike wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:55 pm
The boks won in CT the Saturday against Aus while the other team were already in nz and they draw the test in Wellington
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

It's quite easy to remember the years that the Boks beat NZ in the last ten years...

And a draw in 2019

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... ca#Overall

But back to the game offer.... 2 weeks quarantine in NZ afterwards... so no training for two weeks? That is probably the clincher...
Last edited by Grandpa on Thu May 13, 2021 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Midfieldmaestro wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:31 pm
The boks won in CT the Saturday against Aus while the other team were already in nz and they draw the test in Wellington
You've had a shocker mate. Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about.
Midfieldmaestro

20 July 2019 Cape Town springboks 35 wallabies 17
now notice the 7 days later and venues
27 July 2019 Wellington springboks 16 all blacks 16
To counter the week later game the springboks split into basically 2 teams

the springbok team below were not the same team that played the week before in SA
https://youtu.be/8LEFUIFXXP4
Last edited by Midfieldmaestro on Thu May 13, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

I have no doubt that we would play the Boks here in NZ - but for the same reason we cannot play the game in SA, they cannot play here.

I am not going to blame either Union - Covid sucks.
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

Enzedder wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:48 pm I have no doubt that we would play the Boks here in NZ - but for the same reason we cannot play the game in SA, they cannot play here.

I am not going to blame either Union - Covid sucks.
The game was supposedly going to be played in Dubai.