Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

All things Rugby
Post Reply
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Slim 293 »

Press conference happening right now...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Folau has joined the Southport Tigers in the Gold Coast Rugby League.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/austral ... 57tps.html
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clive Palmer is getting stuck into Rugby, boasting about how Rugby has gone "backwards in this country" since Israel Folau left the code.
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Slim 293 »

Folau just wants to reiterate... he didn't write the bible. :thumbup:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Zakar »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36503
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What’s the electoral angle here? Cornering the homophobic Christian vote among Qld coalminers? Robocalls from Izzy demanding a vote for Clive?
User avatar
Slim 293
Posts: 6307
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Straya plum

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Slim 293 »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.

Also big on the hydroxychloroquine... reminds me of someone?

I'm sure mightyreds is a big, big fan.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Zakar »

Slim 293 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:13 am Folau just wants to reiterate... he didn't write the bible. :thumbup:
Does he have any proof of this?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

guy smiley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:23 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

What’s the electoral angle here? Cornering the homophobic Christian vote among Qld coalminers? Robocalls from Izzy demanding a vote for Clive?
He's appealing to the 'Freedom of Speech', Craig Kelly loving, conspiracy theorists.
grievous
Posts: 13419
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by grievous »

Southport who?
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

grievous wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:52 am Southport who?
Tigers. They are in the Gold Coast local League I think, which is basically amateur park footy. The level below the QLD Cup.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17754
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Thomas »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.
My old company entertained the idea of working for him 10 years ago when his coal mining enterprises started firing up. Their lawyers spent weeks looking over things and basically came back and said "Work for him if you like but he's a crook and will sue you if you question anything (you'll win every case though)"

They decided against it.
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17754
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Thomas »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 am
grievous wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:52 am Southport who?
Tigers. They are in the Gold Coast local League I think, which is basically amateur park footy. The level below the QLD Cup.
Are they going to pay him in meat tray tickets?

:lol:
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

Thomas wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:16 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 am
grievous wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:52 am Southport who?
Tigers. They are in the Gold Coast local League I think, which is basically amateur park footy. The level below the QLD Cup.
Are they going to pay him in meat tray tickets?

:lol:
They are sponsored by Clive Palmer's Minerology so I have no doubt there'll be some form of under the counter payment. Moreover, Folau is probably still living comfortably off his RA pay-out :(
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17754
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Thomas »

He'll absolutely carve it up playing against plumbers, kids fresh out of high school trying to make a name for themselves and broken old has-beens.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Zakar »

Thomas wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:35 am He'll absolutely carve it up playing against plumbers, kids fresh out of high school trying to make a name for themselves and broken old has-beens.
He's not that old, but it otherwise fits.
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by wamberal »

Palmer just wants to keep his name on display. The "Southport Tigers" FFS. No disrespect, but is this what Izzy really sees as his future?
grievous
Posts: 13419
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Tahstown

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by grievous »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 am
grievous wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:52 am Southport who?
Tigers. They are in the Gold Coast local League I think, which is basically amateur park footy. The level below the QLD Cup.
And would be earning how much? Shirley he could get a religious hour on Fox as Pastor Israel, he would rake in the donations for his "church" and Alan Jones would kick in thousands...he would be tripling anything he earns in park footy.
User avatar
wamberal
Posts: 1450
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by wamberal »

He'll need to keep his head down when he runs with the ball. I reckon there would be a few old hard heads, and some young bucks, who will enjoy trying to knock it off his neck.

If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments, no matter which level he ends up at.
User avatar
guy smiley
Posts: 36503
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: in transit

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by guy smiley »

wamberal wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 am If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments,
:lol:

This is still Israel Folau we're talking about?
User avatar
Thomas
Posts: 17754
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: STRAYA!

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Thomas »

wamberal wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 am He'll need to keep his head down when he runs with the ball. I reckon there would be a few old hard heads, and some young bucks, who will enjoy trying to knock it off his neck.

If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments, no matter which level he ends up at.
That's a good point. This is a standard of footy that doesn't have TMOs or Bunkers or access to video replays. I reckon he'll get the snot smacked out of him a couple of times by some electrician from Tallebudgera called Darren.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Zakar »

guy smiley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:47 am
wamberal wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 am If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments,
:lol:

This is still Israel Folau we're talking about?
He's going to drive his Lamborghini through the eye of the needle.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Thomas wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:13 am
wamberal wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 am He'll need to keep his head down when he runs with the ball. I reckon there would be a few old hard heads, and some young bucks, who will enjoy trying to knock it off his neck.

If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments, no matter which level he ends up at.
That's a good point. This is a standard of footy that doesn't have TMOs or Bunkers or access to video replays. I reckon he'll get the snot smacked out of him a couple of times by some electrician from Tallebudgera called Darren.
What kind of shape is Ian Roberts in these days? He's probably up to the standard of this park footy league despite pushing 60 I guess? He'd relish the chance to beat the snot out of Izzy.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 21113
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by CrazyIslander »

Let's face the fact, he's trying to prove QRL and NRL discriminating against him so he can either sue them or force them to let him play. QRL and NRL are "silently" warning the clubs not to even think about signing and make up some excuse. Kill the process before it begins. Whatever happens, they don't want to see an application to play on at NRL HQ.
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ellafan »

Zakar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.
Vexatious
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ellafan »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:07 am
grievous wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:52 am Southport who?
Tigers. They are in the Gold Coast local League I think, which is basically amateur park footy. The level below the QLD Cup.
So the god-squadder homophobe is still banned by the NRL?
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ellafan »

UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
I'm unsure what point you think you're making here.
User avatar
Zakar
Posts: 18803
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Haunting your dreams

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Zakar »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.
Vexatious
Mate I typed that out whilst taking a shit.
:lol:
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 21113
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by CrazyIslander »

He's pretty much saying that he'd be going down the same path he did with RA with any employer.
Play
Post
Backlash
Warning
Post
Backlash
Sacking
Sue
Settlement
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ellafan »

UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
I'm unsure what point you think you're making here.
Something about blokes who espouse religious ethics not demonstrating any loyalty or reliability. And not sticking to their word (or signed contracts).
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
I'm unsure what point you think you're making here.
Something about blokes who espouse religious ethics not demonstrating any loyalty or reliability. And not sticking to their word (or signed contracts).
SBW wasn't religious when he left the Bulldogs. From the sounds of it, since then he's been considered a model professional by his employers.
User avatar
Anonymous 1
Posts: 43075
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm
Location: Planet Rock

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Anonymous 1 »

guy smiley wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:47 am
wamberal wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:39 am If he has an ounce of self-respect, he will refuse match payments,
:lol:

This is still Israel Folau we're talking about?
:lol:
User avatar
Ellafan
Posts: 6105
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ellafan »

UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:53 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:52 am Further highlighting how much of a cock he is, Folau is still under contract with Catalans.
Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
I'm unsure what point you think you're making here.
Something about blokes who espouse religious ethics not demonstrating any loyalty or reliability. And not sticking to their word (or signed contracts).
SBW wasn't religious when he left the Bulldogs. From the sounds of it, since then he's been considered a model professional by his employers.
Staying off the piss often has a positive effect.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:51 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:53 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:48 am
UncleFB wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:25 am
Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:57 am

Bit like Sonny Bill then? He's a god-squadder (v1.04) too, isn't he?
I'm unsure what point you think you're making here.
Something about blokes who espouse religious ethics not demonstrating any loyalty or reliability. And not sticking to their word (or signed contracts).
SBW wasn't religious when he left the Bulldogs. From the sounds of it, since then he's been considered a model professional by his employers.
Staying off the piss often has a positive effect.
Apparently not for Folau.
User avatar
Ali's Choice
Posts: 33653
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Queensland

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by Ali's Choice »

I blame Israel Folau's demise on Maria Tuta'ia - the Polynesian Meghan Markle.
User avatar
CrazyIslander
Posts: 21113
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:34 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by CrazyIslander »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:23 am I blame Israel Folau's demise on Maria Tuta'ia - the Polynesian Meghan Markle.
Maria is like Meghan, they didn't know the shitstorm they were getting into.
User avatar
MungoMan
Posts: 14565
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Coalfalls

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by MungoMan »

Ellafan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 4:53 am
Zakar wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:19 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 12:14 am Both Palmer and Folau are saying that he did nothing wrong by quoting the bible in social media. Folau is repeatedly saying that he believes in every word of the bible. There is zero contrition and I fully expect him to post inflammatory comments again.

Clive also boasting that he will sue anyone who is critical of Folau.
Palmer has a reputation in the legal community of being

A) vexacious; and
B) unwilling to pay his legal bills.

...and as a result his representation is usually of a poor quality, arguing flimsy cases.
Vexatious
:thumbup:

Pedantry is sometimes required.
User avatar
UncleFB
Posts: 14510
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Israel Folau and Clive Palmer... together at last!

Post by UncleFB »

Ali's Choice wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:23 am I blame Israel Folau's demise on Maria Tuta'ia - the Polynesian Meghan Markle.
I reckon she kept him from going the full Izzy longer than he would have without her.
Post Reply