TT Super Rugby: Waratahs vs Crusaders: MATCH Thread Sat 29th May

All things Rugby
Kiwias

Re: TT Super Rugby: Waratahs vs Crusaders: MATCH Thread Sat 29th May

Post by Kiwias »

Perese is a bloody handful, very hard to stop.
jambanja

Post by jambanja »

Kiwias wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:02 am The Tahs worked bloody hard but I'll take a bp win away.
Not sure there was any doubt
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Will Reece be cited for his shot at the end?

Edit: watched it again. Probably not but a dog act from a bloke who hits women.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am It is hard to be too critical, but our defence is a bit concerning conceding 29, 28, 28 so far.

Our discipline continues to be pretty poor, as does our breakdown work. I feel we got carried away running the ball from everywhere today and forgot some of the basics.

Having said that, when it came off we scored done work of art tries.
That is where S Barrett does not impress as a captain. He needs to be more positive in controlling the way the team plays.
shanky

Post by shanky »

mrbrownstone wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:03 am It is hard to be too critical, but our defence is a bit concerning conceding 29, 28, 28 so far.

Our discipline continues to be pretty poor, as does our breakdown work. I feel we got carried away running the ball from everywhere today and forgot some of the basics.

Having said that, when it came off we scored some work of art tries.
Looks like they go to sleep for a bit from time to time. When they wake up they go back to being very good. Stopped a number of line raids today, then opened up in the midfield at other times.
vh5150

Post by vh5150 »

As much as I would love to see the Saders lose ... well done to them having to overcome yet another bent Aussie ref performance vs a Kiwi team. Last 2 yellows were bollocks. The last yellow was a clear turnover as the Crusaders players was on his feet getting the ball. The previous yellow very unlucky.
... but I do love the Aussie optimism. Commentators declare the “respectable” score board after a 26 point loss 😂 #makeozgreat again
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

vh5150 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 am As much as I would love to see the Saders lose ... well done to them having to overcome yet another bent Aussie ref performance vs a Kiwi team. Last 2 yellows were bollocks. The last yellow was a clear turnover as the Crusaders players was on his feet getting the ball. The previous yellow very unlucky.
... but I do love the Aussie optimism. Commentators declare the “respectable” score board after a 26 point loss 😂 #makeozgreat again
Why are you like this?
Peteray

Post by Peteray »

The problem for me with all of the penalties is that it is always the same players re-offending. Codie Taylor being a persistent offender, but others just never learning.
shanky

Post by shanky »

vh5150 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 am As much as I would love to see the Saders lose ... well done to them having to overcome yet another bent Aussie ref performance vs a Kiwi team. Last 2 yellows were bollocks. The last yellow was a clear turnover as the Crusaders players was on his feet getting the ball. The previous yellow very unlucky.
LOL, bitter tears
shanky

Post by shanky »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:06 am
Why are you like this?
Some people love rugby

some people don’t
trapper

Post by trapper »

The Crusaders have posted their biggest win over the Tahs in 13 years and some blokes are still not happy.

Tough crowd.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Drew Mitchell is not a happy camper. Lets stop praising mediocracy :shock:
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:04 am Will Reece be cited for his shot at the end?

It's easy to troll Sevu Reece. But the fact in that incident was, according to the police he was being physically attacked over a sustained period of time by a very intoxicated woman and defended himself by pushing her away. It just happened that his push was witnessed by officers. That's why he escaped a conviction being recorded. Those are the facts, so please consider this rather than pander towards PI wife beating stereotyping.
Kiwias

Post by Kiwias »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:04 am Will Reece be cited for his shot at the end?

Thomas

You are better than that sort of shit.
BBB

Post by BBB »

guy smiley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 am
shanky wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 7:44 am Funny bloke, old Mehrts

:thumbup:
He's always been good value. Harrison is great with him, a real surprise. The Catweazle bit was gold :thumbup:
Harrison is excellent.

Certainly not a “plod” or a “plank”
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:31 am

It's easy to troll Sevu Reece. But the fact in that incident was, according to the police he was being physically attacked over a sustained period of time by a very intoxicated woman and defended himself by pushing her away. It just happened that his push was witnessed by officers. That's why he escaped a conviction being recorded. Those are the facts, so please consider this rather than pander towards PI wife beating stereotyping.
I didn't bring up his race.

Only his past history and the fact he just floored a dude who'd already put the ball down.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

A dog act is surely citable, so which is it?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mr bungle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:58 am

You tell me. I'm constantly surprised about the reffing. Shoulder to the head of a player who'd just scored a try.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

Does Perese walk back into the Wobs? Was certainly a handful today. Remember he was the Great White Hope a couple of years ago before Petaia came along.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:00 am

You tell me. I'm constantly surprised about the reffing. Shoulder to the head of a player who'd just scored a try.
So is it;

A) likely not citable because of the inconsistent judiciary system.

Or

B) not actually a citable offence but you wanted to highlight again that Reece is a "bloke who hits women".

I haven't watched the game, so wanting to see it through the eyes of those who have.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mr bungle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:04 am

So is it;

Or

B) not actually a citable offence but you wanted to highlight again that Reece is a "bloke who hits women".

I haven't watched the game, so wanting to see it through the eyes of those who have.
What do you think a shoulder to the head of a player who's just scored a try should be?
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:05 am

So is it;

Or

What do you think a shoulder to the head of a player who's just scored a try should be?
Your first post posed the question then your edit reassesed as unlikely. I'm super keen to actually watch some of this turgid shit now to see it for myself.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 am

Only his past history and the fact he just floored a dude who'd already put the ball down.
Nope you didn't, but Reece is regularly trolled by NZ posters and it's impossible to not think that the way he is treated is at least impacted by the lazy PI stereotypes that pervade in NZ. The magistrate was scathing of the fact that Reece was even brought to court and said that he was quite clearly the victim in this event. It jus happened that two police officers saw him push his then partner (now wife) away and not her sustained attack on him in the minutes prior.
trapper

Post by trapper »

BBB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:37 am

He's always been good value. Harrison is great with him, a real surprise. The Catweazle bit was gold :thumbup:
Harrison is excellent.

Plank is his nickname gifted by Austin Healey I believe.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

mr bungle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:10 am

So is it;

Or

Your first post posed the question then your edit reassesed as unlikely. I'm super keen to actually watch some of this turgid shit now to see it for myself.
Just caught a replay of this. Their was zero contact of shoulder to head, but he did catch him with his hip. Zero chance of a citing.

Nothing in it. Just an opportunity to put the boot in. Dog act from Thomas, it must be said.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

mr bungle wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:16 am

So is it;

Or

Just caught a replay of this. Their was zero contact of shoulder to head, but he did catch him with his hip. Zero chance of a citing.

Nothing in it. Just an opportunity to put the boot in. Dog act from Thomas, it must be said.
This must be settled on the ncient way. Gifs. Lots and lots of gifs edited to make things look bad and good with many name callings. :P
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:11 am
Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:49 am

Nope you didn't, but Reece is regularly trolled by NZ posters and it's impossible to not think that the way he is treated is at least impacted by the lazy PI stereotypes that pervade in NZ. The magistrate was scathing of the fact that Reece was even brought to court and said that he was quite clearly the victim in this event. It jus happened that two police officers saw him push his then partner (now wife) away and not her sustained attack on him in the minutes prior.
Are you not thinking about Savea?

Reece apparently dragged his missus down the road.
The court heard that in the early hours of July 1, a heavily intoxicated Reece got into an argument with his partner of two years in the Hamilton central business district.

Reece yelled at his partner to "shut up, in much more colourful language than that", and chased her down the street, dragging her to the ground.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Interesting Waratah's fans are treating a 26 point loss as a win. :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

He could have stabbed a player and you would have said there was nothing in it.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:25 am

Nahhhhhhh, not afraid to call out my own. Remember I was lauded here years back for calling out Mealamu's flying headbutt on Moody early. Remember. Remember. Remember.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I thought the Waratahs brought lots of energy and physicality, and the scoreline probably flattered the visitors. As predicted, the Waratahs dominated the breakdown, winning turnovers with relative ease. I thought the Crusaders scrum had the edge although this didn't lead to many penalties. In the end the difference was the Crusaders ability to turn half chances into tries. Whilst I fully understand why the Waratahs opted to take shots at goal in the first half from penalties, instead of kicking for touch, I wonder if the game would have been different if one or two of those penalty goals had instead been turned into tries?

For the Crusaders, I thought Sevu Reece and Leicester Fainga'anuku were dangrous throughout, and Cullen Grace continued his good form from last week. I thought Swinton and Demspey were excellent for the Waratahs and I thought both Lalakai Foketi and Izaia Perese strengthened their claims for Wallabies selection.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Thomas wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:25 am

Nah... Bungle goes out of his way to not just be impartial, but to appease people like you who demand the extra yard to prove it.

if he says it didn't happen, it didn't happen. Which paints you in a less than flattering light, here.
BBB

Post by BBB »

trapper wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:13 am
BBB wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:37 am

Harrison is excellent.

Plank is his nickname gifted by Austin Healey I believe.
I think Healey blamed a “ghostwriter” for that didn’t he?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

guy smiley wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:43 am Nah... Bungle goes out of his way to not just be impartial, but to appease people like you who demand the extra yard to prove it.

if he says it didn't happen, it didn't happen. Which paints you in a less than flattering light, here.
Must be a Southland thing...

guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Uncanny....
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

:lol: Justine is much more wordly than I. Pretty sure he knows Ashburton is Mid Canterbury.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

:lol: :lol:
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Christ, did I type wordly, ffs. Like Justine and ‘onimous’.
Shrekles

Post by Shrekles »

Just back from the game. Good seats in the northern stand with only filtered views of the steelworks. Crusaders forwards ability to offload to gap runners was the big difference between the two teams. Time after time players were being put through slender gaps with great offloads.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Ogre wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 9:18 am

So is it;

Or

This must be settled on the ncient way. Gifs. Lots and lots of gifs edited to make things look bad and good with many name callings. :P
I see you know your jiu jitsu well, sir