One Trick Ponies V Hurricanes Capitol Punishment

All things Rugby
Ogre

One Trick Ponies V Hurricanes Capitol Punishment

Post by Ogre »

Still no home town supporters starting this one? This is just a placeholder for someone from Brumbie land to start a proper thread, unless they dont in which case I'll tart this one up a bit
trapper

Re: One Trick Ponies V Hurricanes Capitol Punishment

Post by trapper »

-4 up that way last night, not sure the Canes are going to enjoy playing in that concrete bunker of a stadium.

Adv Brumbies
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Sports bet has this as the closest game of the round.
Brumbies given a 5.5 point start, which is one stupid yellow card from happening (Im looking at you Karifi :x )
elcamino

Post by elcamino »

Hopefully Kirifi is on the bench this week with Ardie back to 7 and Flanders/Evans filling out 6/8.
Might get Love back too. Unfortunately Blackwell was benched last week so he'll probably be back to starting :x
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

elcamino wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 am Hopefully Kirifi is on the bench this week with Ardie back to 7 and Flanders/Evans filling out 6/8.
Might get Love back too. Unfortunately Blackwell was benched last week so he'll probably be back to starting :x
You shut your whore mouth :x :x

Think of poor old Teds heart and blood pressure when you say such vile things.

Thought we did quite well with two tall bits of timber starting last week. Hopefully the brains trust at the Canes will take that on board...
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Be interesting to see who gets picked for the Canes this time round in several areas with the Brumbies game now being key. Who is in midfield for the Canes this time, I suspect they'll stick with Laumape and PUG but let's see. Same with the locks, hope they keep Blackwell on the bench. The Canes have both Coles and Aumua out right? Who knows what they're going to do with the loosies.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Hurricanes to face the Brumbies: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles, Xavier Numia.
Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Wes Goosen.

6-2 split on the bench doesn't leave many options for the subs and curious who isn't there considering this is likely a key game. Good to see Ruben and Coles there, might make the difference. Proctor gets the nod over PUG. Flanders has done enough to get a start. The rest is consistent with the tactics this year, Blackwell starts.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Flockwitt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:43 am Hurricanes to face the Brumbies: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles, Xavier Numia.
Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Wes Goosen.

6-2 split on the bench doesn't leave many options for the subs and curious who isn't there considering this is likely a key game. Good to see Ruben and Coles there, might make the difference. Proctor gets the nod over PUG. Flanders has done enough to get a start. The rest is consistent with the tactics this year, Blackwell starts.
Fuuuuuuuuuccccck :x How does he do it?

Still good to see a proper 1st 5 and thems some decent sized wingers. Pity Asafo is out with the HIA issue as he looked in a spot of decent form.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Must admit ,I would prefer Roigard at 9, still Rayasi should get a bit of ball as Luke Campbell generally he looks to go left as I think he not a good passer other way.
Hope Love keeps making progress, as like a few here like the look of him.
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Ogre wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:06 am
Flockwitt wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:43 am Hurricanes to face the Brumbies: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles, Xavier Numia.

Still good to see a proper 1st 5 and thems some decent sized wingers. Pity Asafo is out with the HIA issue as he looked in a spot of decent form.
Yes, but I don't see that Savea snr deserves to start ahead of Goosen. Not convinced about Proctor ahead of AB PUG either. I too would like to see a Savea/Evans/Flanders loose trio, which hopefully will happen after Evans gets more game time.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Whatever wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 pm

Yes, but I don't see that Savea snr deserves to start ahead of Goosen. Not convinced about Proctor ahead of AB PUG either. I too would like to see a Savea/Evans/Flanders loose trio, which hopefully will happen after Evans gets more game time.
Agree completely. Fatty Savea should even be on the bench, he takes up two spaces, one being for Peter Umaga Jensen. The selections are getting more bizarre when you consider how (relatively) well the team goes when the coaches favourites are left out of the mix.

Also, is it time for Roigard to get a start?

BTW, what transpired with the non-citing of the filthy crim shackle dragger who clocked Aumua in the bonce last weekend? Who was paid off, or is this simply the norm, nothing to see here?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I could see the Brumbies taking this by two lengths.

Apply a bit of heat to that notoriously soft Canes pack and watch them melt.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

trapper wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 6:41 am -4 up that way last night, not sure the Canes are going to enjoy playing in that concrete bunker of a stadium.

Adv Brumbies
Have you ever been to a game at the Cake Tin?
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Ogre wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:09 am
elcamino wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:26 am Hopefully Kirifi is on the bench this week with Ardie back to 7 and Flanders/Evans filling out 6/8.
You shut your whore mouth :x :x

Think of poor old Teds heart and blood pressure when you say such vile things.

Thought we did quite well with two tall bits of timber starting last week. Hopefully the brains trust at the Canes will take that on board...
You're a good man with the heart of gold, Ogre. :nod: :thumbup:
Whatever

Post by Whatever »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:27 am

Agree completely. Fatty Savea should even be on the bench, he takes up two spaces, one being for Peter Umaga Jensen. The selections are getting more bizarre when you consider how (relatively) well the team goes when the coaches favourites are left out of the mix.

BTW, what transpired with the non-citing of the filthy crim shackle dragger who clocked Aumua in the bonce last weekend? Who was paid off, or is this simply the norm, nothing to see here?
No he's fine, To'omua too. But they got that filth McKenzie, that's the main thing. :thumbup:

I thought about Roigard to start, he's been a surprise packet.

I'm wondering about the locks. Hawke's Bay's 2 starting locks, in a pretty decent pack, were Parsons and Cridge, with Walker-Leawere on the bench and Bryn Evan watching from the stands. Yet the latter two are playing Super (as is Big James) and the first two are unsighted - where are they? What am I missing here?
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Whatever wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:44 am
Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:27 am

No he's fine, To'omua too. But they got that filth McKenzie, that's the main thing. :thumbup:

I thought about Roigard to start, he's been a surprise packet.

I'm wondering about the locks. Hawke's Bay's 2 starting locks, in a pretty decent pack, were Parsons and Cridge, with Walker-Leawere on the bench and Bryn Evan watching from the stands. Yet the latter two are playing Super (as is Big James) and the first two are unsighted - where are they? What am I missing here?
:lol:

That's dead sea level salty
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

That larfing emoticon is way too into it to be genuine, forced even. :P
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

The Canes need the set piece to hold up. As long as the scrum doesn't fold they'll be in with every chance. Should be a good'un. :thumbup:
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

This was captioned - Is this the biggest back 3 of all time?

I cannot think of a bigger one - maybe a French team somewhere?

Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:57 am This was captioned - Is this the biggest back 3 of all time?

All three are taller than the midget, and nearly as heavy :x :x :x :x
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Of course the challenge is making an impact on the game when the three of them may struggle to get their hands / feet on the other item in the picture.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

Big game for the Canes. Expect them to struggle in the set pieces and mauls but remain competitive at the breakdown.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:57 am This was captioned - Is this the biggest back 3 of all time?

The Blues back three of recent times are a similar size:

11 AJ Lam 192cm 105kg
14 Bryce Heem 193cm 103kg
15 Zarn Sullivan 193cm 101kg
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

Latho/Sailor/Tuquri must be close
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

PLUS500 BRUMBIES SUPER RUGBY TRANS-TASMAN ROUND FOUR TEAM
1. Scott Sio

2. Lachlan Lonergan

3. Allan Alaalatoa (c)

4. Darcy Swain

5. Nick Frost

6. Rob Valetini

7. Luke Reimer

8. Henry Stowers

9. Ryan Lonergan

10. Noah Lolesio

11. Mack Hansen

12. Bayley Kuenzle

13. Len Ikitau

14. Solomone Kata

15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS

16. Folau Fainga'a

17. Harry Lloyd

18. Sefo Kautai

19. Tom Hooper

20. Tom Cusack

21. Nic White

22. Irae Simone

23. Tom Wright

They've strengthened the bench, but we're really missing Neville in the row. Frost and Swain are both a bit on the light side, need more timber.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Tonight is the first night in my life that I will have ever cheered for the Brumbies. I hope the Canes lose and lose badly.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

This may be controversial to say but Julian Savea has played well in the Trans Tasman comp. He's looked for a lot of work, beaten players, set up tries for others, and scored tries. His defence has been a bit ropey though.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pakia Pakia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:48 am This may be controversial to say but Julian Savea has played well in the Trans Tasman comp. He's looked for a lot of work, beaten players, set up tries for others, and scored tries. His defence has been a bit ropey though.
He'd easily be the slowest wing in the comp.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Agreed.

On the downside the Brumbies do rightfully start the game as favourites. Unlike the Force they know how to get across the try-line.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Pakia Pakia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:48 am This may be controversial to say but Julian Savea has played well in the Trans Tasman comp. He's looked for a lot of work, beaten players, set up tries for others, and scored tries. His defence has been a bit ropey though.
Hes done reasonably well, he's not the bus of old but he is also not the Pie Cart of his last stint in NZ.
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:33 am Tonight is the first night in my life that I will have ever cheered for the Brumbies. I hope the Canes lose and lose badly.
May I say sir that I hope you are wrong. Very Very wrong. That is all.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:51 am
Yes that is true but he's still played well. He doesn't deserve the hate.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pakia Pakia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:59 am
No-one hates Julian Savea. At this peak he was easily the best left wing in the world. He's just slow and fat and block the pathway for young Hurricanes wingers.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:04 am
Pakia Pakia wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:59 am
No-one hates Julian Savea. At this peak he was easily the best left wing in the world. He's just slow and fat and block the pathway for young Hurricanes wingers.
All bar one try, he's merely had to waddle up to the in-goal and fall over.
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

I admit that I haven't been paying too close attention to the Hurricanes lineups but it seems like the coaching staff are rotating players in most positions every week.

This is something that Leon MacDonald has also done at the Blues. I don't know if its good or not.
trapper

Post by trapper »

Zakar wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:26 am PLUS500 BRUMBIES SUPER RUGBY TRANS-TASMAN ROUND FOUR TEAM
1. Scott Sio

2. Lachlan Lonergan

3. Allan Alaalatoa (c)

4. Darcy Swain

5. Nick Frost

6. Rob Valetini

7. Luke Reimer

8. Henry Stowers

9. Ryan Lonergan

10. Noah Lolesio

11. Mack Hansen

12. Bayley Kuenzle

13. Len Ikitau

14. Solomone Kata

15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS

16. Folau Fainga'a

17. Harry Lloyd

18. Sefo Kautai

19. Tom Hooper

20. Tom Cusack

21. Nic White

22. Irae Simone

23. Tom Wright

They've strengthened the bench, but we're really missing Neville in the row. Frost and Swain are both a bit on the light side, need more timber.
Surprised to see N White and T Wright on the bench but I suppose that gives them some class to come on late in the game.
elcamino

Post by elcamino »

Anybody know what times kickoff in NZ?
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

elcamino wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 am Anybody know what times kickoff in NZ?
9.45pm.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

How many tries do you think the Brumbies will rumble over from rolling mauls tonight?

My pick is 3.
elcamino

Post by elcamino »

jdogscoop wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:17 am
elcamino wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 5:12 am Anybody know what times kickoff in NZ?
9.45pm.
Cheers!