Hurricanes v Reds.

All things Rugby
jdogscoop

Re: Hurricanes v Reds.

Post by jdogscoop »

Peteray wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:06 am It's a genuine shame that the Hurricanes win will always be tainted by the refereeing/TMO controversies throughout, and Doleman's lack of policing of the offside line at rucks by the Canes, and their diving over the top throughout the game. Yellow cards must be about 'certainty' not 'what I think's.'
Now the Canes will wait and see.
Disgraceful. Whenever I see Doleman assigned to a game from now on I will have the same dread as I do when I see the names Poite, Garces or Seconds.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Hard luck Reds, and hard luck Reds fans. There were certainly some very odd decisions in that game. All the same, I'll take the win, especially in the face of the Cantab haters.

May I just say that the Reds are my favourite Aussie team, even before I knew Mungoman and Mightyrefs posted on here.

STFU Justin. :D
Knoath

Post by Knoath »

I am a Canes supporter from inception. Somehow (because of that penalty try) I feel not right.
Couch

Post by Couch »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What makes this win even better are the bitter tears streaming down some people's faces.

Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Couch wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:15 am :lol: :lol: :lol:

What makes this win even better are the bitter tears streaming down some people's faces.
Especially the PO faced princesses. :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
shanky

Post by shanky »

Well, you’d know

You’re the bitterest, ref-crying shitstain who’s ever posted on here

:lol:
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Peteray wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:06 am It's a genuine shame that the Hurricanes win will always be tainted by the refereeing/TMO controversies throughout, and Doleman's lack of policing of the offside line at rucks by the Canes, and their diving over the top throughout the game. Yellow cards must be about 'certainty' not 'what I think's.'
Now the Canes will wait and see.
Sorry mate, I didn't like some of Doleman's decision, but penalty try is probably and not definitely, so had to be a YC.
You got to check laws before you call out decidions mate!
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Go well Lumpy.

Kia Kaha
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:21 am Go well Lumpy.

Kia Kaha
Congrats on the win Ted. Happy for you. :thumbup:
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I trust that doesn't include neutrals like me whose side still has a chance of making the final, whereas yours doesn't.

What's to be sad about? Doleman's declining career?
Couch

Post by Couch »

shanky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:19 am

Well, you’d know

You gave up on this competition, yet here you are, runny mascara and all.

shanky

Post by shanky »

Couch wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:24 am
shanky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:19 am

Well, you’d know

You gave up on this competition, yet here you are, runny mascara and all.

That’s the best you can come up with?

I haven’t made one single comment on the ref, you clown.

Unlike you, who cries like a little fvcking bitch every time a NZ team loses.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

shanky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:22 am

Kia Kaha
Cheers Shanky.

I'm actually extremely pissed off with the Canes as an entity. So pissed off, I've put a line in the sand and as a consequence stopped supporting them by refusing to buy season tickets. I'll still support the players and what they represent, which is their individual provinces.
Last edited by Ted. on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
deverix

Post by deverix »

Well done Hurricanes, clinical performance.
Last edited by deverix on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Couch

Post by Couch »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:23 am

I trust that doesn't include neutrals like me whose side still has a chance of making the final, whereas yours doesn't.

Pressure is off the Canes.

We are sitting top of the table, this week just got more interesting, don't act like your team doesn't have more pressure to perform because they might just crack at the business end. That's got to make you nervous doesn't it? I can almost hear the quiver in that statement.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:27 am

Kia Kaha
Cheers Shanky.

I've actually extremely pissed off with the Canes as an entity. So pissed off, I've put a line in the sand and as a consequence stopped supporting them by refusing to buy season tickets. I'll still support the players and what they represent, which is their individual provinces.
Still, there’ll be a little chink in your armour tonight, right?

;)

They’re back to being good uns tonight!
deverix

Post by deverix »

Jordie Barrett constantly showing his lethalness on attack tonight.

Definitely going to be the first outside back named in Ian Foster's All Black squad. How can people watch that game and claim he's not 'a threat on attack'? He made the initial break to set up most of the Hurricanes tries tonight and he busted through defenders like a rampaging second-five eight.
Last edited by deverix on Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Let us assume that this and other recent TT, SRA and SRAo games are representative examples of the current and emerging state of rugby.

On the basis of that assumption, the often-repeated statements about possession always being contestable and the ball always being in play turn out to be just so much bullshit.

Contesting the ball in the air from kicks? Yeah nah not on.

Contesting ball in the air from passes? Yeah nah not on.

Contesting a bouncing ball in the in-goal? Yeah nah not on.

I'm also unsure whether to take the expressed concerns about player safety in re smacks in the head at (ahem) face value.

Turns out smacking a fella in the head merits the same sanction as smacking a ball over the dead-ball line. Which is an interesting decision given a sanction for the former supposedly depends on objective factors whereas, for the latter, a sanction relies on a subjective assessment (i.e. Was that deliberate?).
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

shanky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 am

Kia Kaha
Cheers Shanky.

I've actually extremely pissed off with the Canes as an entity. So pissed off, I've put a line in the sand and as a consequence stopped supporting them by refusing to buy season tickets. I'll still support the players and what they represent, which is their individual provinces.

;)

Now now, Shanky, I do have a wee bit of an idea as to what what motivated your post. All the same, I like the Reds but probably have more kindred spirit with the Tahs.
shanky

Post by shanky »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am
shanky wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 am

Kia Kaha
Cheers Shanky.

;)

Now now, Shanky, I do have a wee bit of an idea as to what what motivated your post. All the same, I like the Reds but probably have more kindred spirit with the Tahs.
Mate. I’m happy for you. Genuine sentiment, no funny agenda
:thumbup:
deverix

Post by deverix »

Jordie Barrett is the most valuable and influential outside back in the NZ right now.
shanky

Post by shanky »

I’m in a good space also, because Manly just thrashed AC’s Cowboys.

Heh heh heh
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Hey, did you start a thread for the Brumbies vs Highlanders game you ineffectual piece of smelly shit?
booji boy

Post by booji boy »

deverix wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 am Jordie Barrett constantly showing his lethalness on attack tonight.

Definitely going to be the first outside back named in Ian Foster's All Black squad. How can people watch that game and claim he's not 'a threat on attack'? He made the initial break to set up most of the Hurricanes tries tonight and he busted through defenders like a rampaging second-five eight.

deverix wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 am Jordie Barrett is the most valuable and influential outside back in the NZ right now.
Worth repeating huh?
deverix

Post by deverix »

booji boy wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 am
deverix wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 am Jordie Barrett constantly showing his lethalness on attack tonight.

deverix wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:45 am Jordie Barrett is the most valuable and influential outside back in the NZ right now.
Worth repeating huh?
Name a more valuable & influential outside back in NZ right now? ..you can't.

Chiefs do just fine without Dmac, Crusaders would do fine without Jordan (historically backline has done better defensively with Havili at 15), but take J.Barrett away from Hurricanes and you're probably halving their score, because he carries this team on his shoulders most weeks - through his organization of the Hurricanes backline, his defensive work & the opportunities he creates on attack.
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

Kia Kaha
+1

It's a shame the Canes couldn't find a better 9/10 axis this year, we might have seen more of Lumpy at his best. Still considering how poor he was his first season, I wondered if he was going to even cut it, he's come on to be a tremendous asset to any team and trust he'll do well up north.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Couch wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:28 am

Pressure is off the Canes.

We are sitting top of the table, this week just got more interesting, don't act like your team doesn't have more pressure to perform because they might just crack at the business end. That's got to make you nervous doesn't it? I can almost hear the quiver in that statement.
Oh dear, that didn't age well. My team has just leapfrogged yours.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Ted. wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:48 am

Hey, did you start a thread for the Brumbies vs Highlanders game you ineffectual piece of smelly shit?
Hurricanes, No More Games.
Peteray

Post by Peteray »

Boys... BOYS... BOYS!
sinba556

Post by sinba556 »

Flockwitt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am

Kia Kaha
+1

It's a shame the Canes couldn't find a better 9/10 axis this year, we might have seen more of Lumpy at his best. Still considering how poor he was his first season, I wondered if he was going to even cut it, he's come on to be a tremendous asset to any team and trust he'll do well up north.
I quite like how roigard and love play. Seem worth investing in
Flockwitt

Post by Flockwitt »

sinba556 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:58 pm
Flockwitt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 am

Kia Kaha
+1

I quite like how roigard and love play. Seem worth investing in
Agreed. The Canes need to build forward from here. Still need a good year yet of learning the ropes though.
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

Zakar wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:52 am
sinba556 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:49 am Can anyone explain to me what was wrong with the call? To my eyes it couldn't have been more obviously knocked out. He didn't look like he was trying to ground it
If he was trying to hit the ball out, the palm of his hand would have faced the sideline. His was facing down.
If there had been a clear downward motion with his hand I think he would have been ok, but there wasn't.

A bit like the 'deliberate knock-on' yellows for me, don't always agree with them but I understand the need to show a genuine attempt.
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

Just finished watching the replay and another rather disjointed display by the Canes :(
Just not functioning as the team should. Roigard and Love are both new so maybe some excuse there. Love looked a bit more confident today which was good to see.

Some very good performances from the Reds with McDermott and Wilson looking all class.
Tupou is still makes a lot of mistakes and is a lazy player but certainly very powerful. Daugunu definitely attended the Beale school of tackling :blush:
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Three shit calls that everyone is going on about for good reason.

1. The non call on Lomax for a deserved red. Red all day, and the ref shat himself despite having the 20 minute red available to avoid just that.

2. The quizzical yellow on the Reds for defending their tryline. Just weird.

3. The penalty try when Laumape had no chance of dotting down.

Three calls that all went the way of the home town team at a crucial point in the game.

It is no coincidence that fans on both sides of the Tasman think it's a load of old shit.

Canes deserved winners in the end, but no thanks to Doleman or Paterson who should have future involvement in Super Rugby games under serious review. Discredited a result that the Canes would probably have bagged anyway.

Poor, poor form from the refs. I can't remember a worse display from a NZ crew recently.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Haven't read the thread as I'm just watching the replay now.

I just have to vent that yellow against Daugunu is probably the worst card I've seen all season. What are the referees thinking there?

Anyway... it is what it is, and I'm sure if the Reds had won, I would have heard of it by now.

But what a pathetically shit call from not one but three top flight referees.
Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

Another dodgey yellow! This referee is having way too big an influence on the outcome.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Watching the game now, (at about the 68th minute) boy have there been some interesting calls by the ref. Don't think I would agree with either yellow card.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

I think we can all agree that it was the worst performance ever by a NZ referee. I hope Doleman was on the take and attempting to fix the result, because the only other explanation for his performance was sheer and utter incompetence. From now on I will refer to him as James 'Egon' Doleman in match threads. I assume that Canes players were buying him rounds all night after the match?
Auckman

Post by Auckman »

Right, so this means the Blues must get a bonus point win at Stade de Eden tonight.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

CanNZ2000 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:32 pm Watching the game now, (at about the 68th minute) boy have there been some interesting calls by the ref. Don't think I would agree with either yellow card.
Not sure I agreed with first, but second was a YC evryday of the week. Player batted ball dead, YC and PT. I can't understand why anyone saw it different.His hand was nevr over ball, always behind it and batting ot over deadball line.
Called it as soon as I saw it!!
Mind you I called RC on Lomax too, so what do I know? :blush: