How do you think you will go?

All things Rugby

Death will meet ye by way of ...........

Choking
3%
Illness
63%
Old Age
32%
Industrial/Home accident
3%
Hobby incident - swimming, climbing etc
No votes
Car/Plane crash
No votes
Food poisoning
No votes
Fight/Mugging
No votes

Total votes: 38

LandOTurk

Re: How do you think you will go?

Post by LandOTurk »

jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 pm I have no idea but this is a sobering thread. I'm surprised at the amount of people willing to consign themself to a preventable, early death.

My brother died very young from a heart defect, but I've had the ticker checked out and everything is good. Apart from that, I don't have a family history of anything terrifying. My mum has an auto-immune disorder but she's 75 and still going pretty well. My Dad is 70 and send me a video recently of him doing 20 push-ups with perfect form. One grandma went at 92 with dementia, the other at 84 of I-don't-really-know. She just woke up one day feeling dizzy and disorientated, an ambulance was called and she died on the way to the hospital. As far as I know, no particular cause was identified. She smoked like a chimney. One graddad, I never knew, the other died youngish after falling out of bed and having a heart attack (late 60s or early 70s, I'm not sure).

TLDR: no idea but I keep moderately healthy and try not to think too much about it much more than staying relatively fit.
Sorry to hear it bro, so did my cousin on the ol' fella's side at 25, who was a top joker. Who I was thinking of above when I mentioned early stumps.

I'm in the same boat as you, getting checked out as often as I can.

Ah well, if I peg it I peg it. At least I won't die a Waratahs fan.
Sorry to hear that Mogs. About 10 years ago, a colleague of mine was called from the office because his twin brother had passed. They were 26/27. It took him 3 months before he returned to work.

I am mid 50s and overweight and consciously trying to get rid of 30lbs, but have annual checkups on various things incl prostrate. Ever so slowly I see bits being less effective (no need for wanger jokes here). Its an absolute must.
CanNZ2000

Post by CanNZ2000 »

Mog The Almighty

Post by Mog The Almighty »

LandOTurk wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:24 pm
jdogscoop wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 pm
Mog The Almighty wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:30 pm I have no idea but this is a sobering thread. I'm surprised at the amount of people willing to consign themself to a preventable, early death.

My brother died very young from a heart defect, but I've had the ticker checked out and everything is good. Apart from that, I don't have a family history of anything terrifying. My mum has an auto-immune disorder but she's 75 and still going pretty well. My Dad is 70 and send me a video recently of him doing 20 push-ups with perfect form. One grandma went at 92 with dementia, the other at 84 of I-don't-really-know. She just woke up one day feeling dizzy and disorientated, an ambulance was called and she died on the way to the hospital. As far as I know, no particular cause was identified. She smoked like a chimney. One graddad, I never knew, the other died youngish after falling out of bed and having a heart attack (late 60s or early 70s, I'm not sure).

TLDR: no idea but I keep moderately healthy and try not to think too much about it much more than staying relatively fit.
Sorry to hear it bro, so did my cousin on the ol' fella's side at 25, who was a top joker. Who I was thinking of above when I mentioned early stumps.

I'm in the same boat as you, getting checked out as often as I can.

Ah well, if I peg it I peg it. At least I won't die a Waratahs fan.
Sorry to hear that Mogs. About 10 years ago, a colleague of mine was called from the office because his twin brother had passed. They were 26/27. It took him 3 months before he returned to work.

I am mid 50s and overweight and consciously trying to get rid of 30lbs, but have annual checkups on various things incl prostrate. Ever so slowly I see bits being less effective (no need for wanger jokes here). Its an absolute must.
It's okay, it was a long time ago. I was very young. Thanks though.
Enzedder
Location: End of the road, turn right and first house on the left

Post by Enzedder »

Given that I have a heart defect and that I am overweight, I have short odds on the ticker being the culprit in my early demise.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Enzedder wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:02 pm Given that I have a heart defect and that I am overweight, I have short odds on the ticker being the culprit in my early demise.
Goodbye in advance Enz, if I don't get to say it to the others after you're gone (prob will though).

You're a good joker.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Golden oldies...HEART ATTACK SCORING A TRY IN THE PURPLE SHORTS