Brisbane. Fvcked.

All things Rugby
Bindi

Re: Brisbane. Fvcked.

Post by Bindi »

Clogs wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:08 am Well done Queensland. Outstanding!

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/healt ... 8b902a9949
This is very good news.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Bindi wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:11 am

This is very good news.
It is. And by way of celebration, I shall voluntarily die.

The timing, of course, remains a matter for my discretion.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

MungoMan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am

This is very good news.

Oh, that we all could control the timing, old friend. Should it befall me that I am demented, bedridden, and non compos mentis*, I give you permission to deliver the coups de gras.

* The definition of which shall be that a sip of decent Penfold's shiraz no longer elicits a smile.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:04 am
MungoMan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:48 am

This is very good news.

Oh, that we all could control the timing, old friend. Should it befall me that I am demented, bedridden, and non compos mentis*, I give you permission to deliver the coups de gras.

* The definition of which shall be that a sip of decent Penfold's shiraz no longer elicits a smile.

Or Pinot Gris. You forgot to add or Pinot Gris.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

I'm not drinking fucking white wine and getting shot.

Fuck off.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:08 am I'm not drinking fucking white wine and getting shot.

Fuck off.
:lol:

Yes, that would be infra dig.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:08 am I'm not drinking fucking white wine and getting shot.

Fuck off.
You conservatives. So set in your ways.
Ellafan

Post by Ellafan »

Clogs wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:29 am

Fuck off.
I also demand to be granted my honourable exit with a 7.62 mm full metal jacket round.

Fuck that 5.56mm pussy crap they give the kids now.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ellafan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 am

Fuck off.
I also demand to be granted my honourable exit with a 7.62 mm full metal jacket round.

The tch tch. Nothing wrong with a .30 cal, these fangdangled metric rounds are a leftist, woke culture abomination.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Clogs wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:50 am
Ellafan wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:40 am

Fuck off.

The tch tch. Nothing wrong with a .30 cal, these fangdangled metric rounds are a leftist, woke culture abomination.
One of those 'My my, how times change' things: superannuated M1 carbines in .30 calibre used to decorate the shelves and racks of gunshops and army surplus shops throughout Brissie. The asking price was extremely low but they seemed to sell SFA anyway.

Amusing to think so much effort was put into making semi-auto weapons all but unobtainable for normal folk when, a few years previously, cheap examples were languishing unsold and unloved.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

This is my most nervous thread to open these days. I'm always freaked out there will be a breakout and the rugby will be cancelled.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

UncleFB wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 am This is my most nervous thread to open these days. I'm always freaked out there will be a breakout and the rugby will be cancelled.
So far QLD has done very well managing the pandemic. Although you wouldn't know it going by the daily attacks of our state Govt in the Courier Mail.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:42 am
UncleFB wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:29 am This is my most nervous thread to open these days. I'm always freaked out there will be a breakout and the rugby will be cancelled.
So far QLD has done very well managing the pandemic. Although you wouldn't know it going by the daily attacks of our state Govt in the Courier Mail.
Three cheers for your alphabet Premier, three jeers for ours.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Ali's Choice wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:42 am
geez you would never guess the Courier Mail was Murdoch paper would you?? I stopped getting it in Brissy!
Last edited by Dan54. on Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

Well done Queenslanders :thumbup:

Truthfully I would rather be living in Queensland or New Zealand than Victoria since the pandemic began.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

‘kenoath. This is why I paid extra for tickets to last night’s games: i.e. included money-back insurance for covid cancellation.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

Pakia Pakia wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 am Well done Queenslanders :thumbup:

Truthfully I would rather be living in Queensland or New Zealand than Victoria since the pandemic began.
Well no shit.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

jdogscoop wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:13 am
Pakia Pakia wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:48 am Well done Queenslanders :thumbup:

Well no shit.
Yes I did think it was a weird comment to make, but I didn't want to come across as being defensive. We have very few restrictions here in QLD. Pubs and restaurants are packed and you can't find a hotel room on the Gold or Sunshine Coasts this week.
kiwigreg369

Post by kiwigreg369 »

That’s great news for tourism- would have been a tough few months. Hopefully hospitality has been plodding along closer to normal. No external $$ but upside on consistency of being open.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Great to see all the Queensland pensioners queuing up to get their Pfizer jabs this weekend. The super Pfizer weekend blitz!
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

You would be super proud of all the pensioners turning up to the super Pfizer weekend blitz wouldn't you AC? Queensland leading the way in Pfizer uptake n all that?
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am You would be super proud of all the pensioners turning up to the super Pfizer weekend blitz wouldn't you AC? Queensland leading the way in Pfizer uptake n all that?
It's interesting that you're obsessing about QLD when the lowest uptake per capita of AZ is in NSW. It's almost as if you're a Liberal party shill and a partisan stooge.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:50 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:48 am You would be super proud of all the pensioners turning up to the super Pfizer weekend blitz wouldn't you AC? Queensland leading the way in Pfizer uptake n all that?
It's interesting that you're obsessing about QLD when the lowest uptake per capita of AZ is in NSW. It's almost as if you're a Liberal party shill and a partisan stooge.
So many pride? So so many pride? Those awesome Queensland pensioners rolling up their sleeves for Pfizer. Pushing the kids out the way to get it. Well done Queensland. So proud.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:50 am
So many pride? So so many pride? Those awesome Queensland pensioners rolling up their sleeves for Pfizer. Pushing the kids out the way to get it. Well done Queensland. So proud.
Honest question, are you bi-polar?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

And what is even more laughable, is that you are such a Labor party stooge you can't even bring yourself to criticise them for this abomination of a decision. At least Dan has the guts to call it for what it is. You are a spineless stooge. I don't think anything in the history of things could show you up in a worse light than what is happening right now.

Utterly utterly pathetic.

You strut around as if your moral compass is the one true north and you have been exposed for the pathetic stooge that you are. I am surprised you are even prepared to keep posting on here after this.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:04 am And what is even more laughable, is that you are such a Labor party stooge you can't even bring yourself to criticise them for this abomination of a decision. At least Dan has the guts to call it for what it is. You are a spineless stooge. I don't think anything in the history of things could show you up in a worse light than what is happening right now.

You strut around as if your moral compass is the one true north and you have been exposed for the pathetic stooge that you are. I am surprised you are even prepared to keep posting on here after this.
What are you going on about? What decision?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Covid hasn't so much as broken Clogs as it has revealed the fragile, splintered person behind the facade. His tirades and tantrums over this have utterly reduced him to something less than pathetic.

He will now attempt to engage me desperately, going to great lengths to sustain a shitfight.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

guy smiley wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:18 am Covid hasn't so much as broken Clogs as it has revealed the fragile, splintered person behind the facade. His tirades and tantrums over this have utterly reduced him to something less than pathetic.

He will now attempt to engage me desperately, going to great lengths to sustain a shitfight.
:lol:
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:06 am
Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:04 am And what is even more laughable, is that you are such a Labor party stooge you can't even bring yourself to criticise them for this abomination of a decision. At least Dan has the guts to call it for what it is. You are a spineless stooge. I don't think anything in the history of things could show you up in a worse light than what is happening right now.

Your defence of this whole Queensland pensioners taking Pfizer from Queensland kids debacle because they don't want AZ is: "What, I don't understand?".

Like I said. Pathetic.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:24 am

Your defence of this whole Queensland pensioners taking Pfizer from Queensland kids debacle because they don't want AZ is: "What, I don't understand?".

Like I said. Pathetic.
I'm not defending anyone. The reality is that across the entire country, older people are preferring to take Pfizer over AZ. NSW has the worst take-up of AZ and Victoria has the best, but overall it's a less popular vaccine than Pfizer in every state and territory. Why you're obsessing about QLD today is very strange, especially as across all vaccine types we have the best utilisation rate of any state in Australia.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ali's Choice wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:28 am

Like I said. Pathetic.
I'm not defending anyone. The reality is that across the entire country, older people are preferring to take Pfizer over AZ. NSW has the worst take-up of AZ and Victoria has the best, but overall it's a less popular vaccine than Pfizer in every state and territory. Why you're obsessing about QLD today is very strange, especially as across all vaccine types we have the best utilisation rate of any state in Australia.

As Dan so eloquently put it. Pfizer is the only vaccine available to 12 to 16 year olds. They aren't allowed to take AZ. So why are you giving Pfizer to 60 year olds when AZ is a perfectly good vaccine.

If you support Anna's decision to allow this, then you don't give a fvxk about protecting the 12 to 16 year olds from Covid.

So, man up. Either express your dissatisfaction at Anna and the Pfizer rep for allowing 60+ year old Queenslanders to get Pfizer ahead of Queensland children, as Dan has, or forever be remembered as a hypocrite that will happily sacrifice the health and wellbeing of children to support your political views.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:35 am

Like I said. Pathetic.

As Dan so eloquently put it. Pfizer is the only vaccine available to 12 to 16 year olds. They aren't allowed to take AZ. So why are you giving Pfizer to 60 year olds when AZ is a perfectly good vaccine.

If you support Anna's decision to allow this, then you don't give a fvxk about protecting the 12 to 16 year olds from Covid.

So, man up. Either express your dissatisfaction at Anna and the Pfizer rep for allowing 60+ year old Queenslanders to get Pfizer ahead of Queensland children, as Dan has, or forever be remembered as a hypocrite that will happily sacrifice the health and wellbeing of children to support your political views.
Interesting wording. Would you have preferred Palaszczuk to somehow debar>60s from accessing Pfizer? Or would you have preferred she launched a major campaign to inoculate <16s (specifically, 12-15 year olds) with Pfizer?

Relevant to the first is that >60s have access to the Pfizer vaccine but not priority.

Relevant to the second is that risks associated with the Pfizer vaccine appear to fall disproportionately on <16s, boys in particular.

What should Palasczuk have done?
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

MungoMan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:18 pm

Like I said. Pathetic.

Interesting wording. Would you have preferred Palaszczuk to somehow debar>60s from accessing Pfizer? Or would you have preferred she launched a major campaign to inoculate <16s (specifically, 12-15 year olds) with Pfizer?

Relevant to the first is that >60s have access to the Pfizer vaccine but not priority.

Relevant to the second is that risks associated with the Pfizer vaccine appear to fall disproportionately on <16s, boys in particular.

Do what Dan suggested. Keep Pfizer for under 16s as a priority (because they cannot get any other vaccine) and give the wonderfully safe AZ to over 60s.

Any over 60 year old that 'choose' (ie. don't have a medical reason) Pfizer over AZ is putting children at risk. No simpler way of explaining it. In fact Dan said it best and good on him for speaking up.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Like I said. Pathetic.

Dan says it best. Fast forward to 57 mins and 30 secs in...

https://fb.watch/87EUes7nB1/
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Clogs wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:23 pm

Like I said. Pathetic.

Do what Dan suggested. Keep Pfizer for under 16s as a priority (because they cannot get any other vaccine) and give the wonderfully safe AZ to over 60s.

Any over 60 year old that 'choose' (ie. don't have a medical reason) Pfizer over AZ is putting children at risk. No simpler way of explaining it. In fact Dan said it best and good on him for speaking up.
What are the children at risk from because they sure as shit aren’t at any significant risk of covid
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

This is the premier that wants to make sure the children are safe.
She has pledged to keep Queensland border controls in place until the children are vaccinated.

The consensus among Australian leaders over the national Covid plan has fractured further with the Queensland premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, warning children could be at risk if state borders reopened.

Palaszczuk, talking ahead of Friday’s national cabinet meeting, said she expected the Doherty Institute to provide updated modelling on how children would be impacted by the relaxation of border restrictions.

“Unless there is an answer on how these young people are going to be vaccinated you are putting this most vulnerable population at risk,” Palaszczuk said on Thursday. “You open up this state and you let the virus in here and every child under 12 is vulnerable, every single child.”

The premier pledged to “stand strong” on Queensland’s border controls “until I can get every child vaccinated”.
Nek minute.....