Australian positivity thread

All things Rugby
Farva

Australian positivity thread

Post by Farva »

I know a lot of people are feeling pretty low right now. There is a lot of anger in the threads with posters under lots of stress now. Sydney is under a hard lockdown and has been for months. Melbourne is in its 6th lockdown. Brisbane has been in and out. Adelaide… enough said. A lot of people have been badly impacted by what’s going on at the moment. The media is really negative because that sells papers. It’s bringing me down and I am not really impacted in any significant way. I hate to think what some bordies are feeling.

But there is a lot to feel positive about. Let’s ha e a thread to think about the positives.

We have a light at the end of the Covid tunnel. We are at 50% vaccinated now with at least one jab and we look to be at rates than can get us past lockdowns in 2 months time.

The Wallaby’s are giving us some hope. They are young but there is real talent there. We might well string a few wins together.

We have just got past winter and will be out of lockdown in time for summer. That’s bbqs, the beach and cricket. Plus some time off work.
Farva

Re: Australian positivity thread

Post by Farva »

I also know not everyone sees eye to eye politically but I look forward to getting out and having a beer at cabals with other Aussie posters when this is done.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

My town has been locked down for three days in total since the pandemic began :smug:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

Farva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:02 am I also know not everyone sees eye to eye politically but I look forward to getting out and having a beer at cabals with other Aussie posters when this is done.
There is spring blossom everywhere and the tuis are chatty outside my place.
grievous

Post by grievous »

I was with Farva until this....
The Wallaby’s are giving us some hope
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

Farva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:01 am I know a lot of people are feeling pretty low right now. There is a lot of anger in the threads with posters under lots of stress now. Sydney is under a hard lockdown and has been for months. Melbourne is in its 6th lockdown. Brisbane has been in and out. Adelaide… enough said. A lot of people have been badly impacted by what’s going on at the moment. The media is really negative because that sells papers. It’s bringing me down and I am not really impacted in any significant way. I hate to think what some bordies are feeling.

But there is a lot to feel positive about. Let’s ha e a thread to think about the positives.

We have a light at the end of the Covid tunnel. We are at 50% vaccinated now with at least one jab and we look to be at rates than can get us past lockdowns in 2 months time.

The Wallaby’s are giving us some hope. They are young but there is real talent there. We might well string a few wins together.

We have just got past winter and will be out of lockdown in time for summer. That’s bbqs, the beach and cricket. Plus some time off work.
If it happens, the Ashes will be a ‘carnival’ for you.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Farva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:01 am I know a lot of people are feeling pretty low right now. There is a lot of anger in the threads with posters under lots of stress now. Sydney is under a hard lockdown and has been for months. Melbourne is in its 6th lockdown. Brisbane has been in and out. Adelaide… enough said. A lot of people have been badly impacted by what’s going on at the moment. The media is really negative because that sells papers. It’s bringing me down and I am not really impacted in any significant way. I hate to think what some bordies are feeling.

You'll be out of this by Christmas
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:08 am My town has been locked down for three days in total since the pandemic began :smug:

Now, this could be amazing town management, or an accident of geography where your town is literally at the arse end of no where.
TranceNRG

Post by TranceNRG »

bimboman wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:56 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:08 am My town has been locked down for three days in total since the pandemic began :smug:

Now, this could be amazing town management, or an accident of geography where your town is literally at the arse end of no where.
And no one wants to live there :P
Farva

Post by Farva »

Or both
assfly

Post by assfly »

The fact that Covid is the number one issue facing Australia right now is in itself a positive.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:54 am

You'll be out of this by Christmas
Two options, one way out is if only they take their medicine, carry their pass, embrace the new digital surveillance state

The other option is to grow a spine and stand up from freedom
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

I was extremely positive and happy until this morning when they postponed the NPC.

We had a year without lockdown and then the recent one had been through winter which meant that I could walk in the sun each day rather then in the dark after work. The lockdown has kicked the vax programme into gear so that’s another positive.

So yeah, I’ve been positive … until now. What am I going to do this weekend with no NPC, and my PS4 has shat itself as well.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Is there a way we can ban the swarm, dozy and bimbo? As annoying as not having the NPC on its dwarfed by how tiresome they are.
grievous

Post by grievous »

UncleFB wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:24 pm Is there a way we can ban the swarm, dozy and bimbo? As annoying as not having the NPC on its dwarfed by how tiresome they are.
Not on any thread with "Australian" in it. Farva should've used code, plum.
Mr Mike

Post by Mr Mike »

Isn’t being positive a bad thing right now? We need more negatives.

Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

Farva wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:57 am

Or both
QLD as a whole has been both lucky and has managed this pandemic well. As for whether or not people want to live where I live, that's pretty subjective but I think I live in the prettiest and most comfortable (at least in terms of climate) part of QLD. It was a crisp 4 degrees here this morning, but the day will top out at a sunny 22 degrees. Lovely.
Last edited by Ali's Choice on Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Dees are on top.
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

grievous wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:41 am I was with Farva until this....
The Wallaby’s are giving us some hope
:lol: my first thought was it's too early to drink but he could be on the back end of an all nighter.
mojo

Post by mojo »

Brissie is out of lockdown, but the kids weekend sports are still off. So we get a rare opportunity for a mid term weekend camping getaway. The kids love their sports, but probably love camping trips more, so they're happy. :thumbup:
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

covfefe
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

UncleFB wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:23 pm I was extremely positive and happy until this morning when they postponed the NPC.

We had a year without lockdown and then the recent one had been through winter which meant that I could walk in the sun each day rather then in the dark after work. The lockdown has kicked the vax programme into gear so that’s another positive.

So yeah, I’ve been positive … until now. What am I going to do this weekend with no NPC, and my PS4 has shat itself as well.
What happened to your PS4?
CrazyIslander

Post by CrazyIslander »

mojo wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:53 pm Brissie is out of lockdown,
We know, Tim Horan on tv watching the rugby in a bar with some friends on Sat.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mojo wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:53 pm Brissie is out of lockdown, but the kids weekend sports are still off. So we get a rare opportunity for a mid term weekend camping getaway. The kids love their sports, but probably love camping trips more, so they're happy. :thumbup:
My lad is back at training this weekend. Restrictions are lifted at 4pm and he'll be running around at 530. Don't know if he's playing this weekend though.

I had a mental health day on Tuesday. I got in my car with my fishing gear and just went driving with the intention of checking out a few spots but decided to go for a walk in the rainforests of Mt Tamborine instead. Just wonderful. I came home fully refreshed like I'd had a warm shower.

9/10 can recommend.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

UncleFB wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:23 pm I was extremely positive and happy until this morning when they postponed the NPC.

Bugger me uncle, you must have provoked the mocker gods mightily!
grievous

Post by grievous »

Hospital Cup still going/ completing?
Shute Shield was canceled last week.
mojo

Post by mojo »

Thomas wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:08 pm
mojo wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:53 pm Brissie is out of lockdown, but the kids weekend sports are still off. So we get a rare opportunity for a mid term weekend camping getaway. The kids love their sports, but probably love camping trips more, so they're happy. :thumbup:
My lad is back at training this weekend. Restrictions are lifted at 4pm and he'll be running around at 530. Don't know if he's playing this weekend though.

I had a mental health day on Tuesday. I got in my car with my fishing gear and just went driving with the intention of checking out a few spots but decided to go for a walk in the rainforests of Mt Tamborine instead. Just wonderful. I came home fully refreshed like I'd had a warm shower.

9/10 can recommend.
Yeah, they've moved the original dates, there's wasn't supposed to be any sport this weekend. Games don't start until next weekend, so we're OK with missing training this Friday.

Tamborine's a great spot, I've spent a lot of time there over the years. I used to jump of the cliffs at Cedar Creek Falls years ago. The fun nazi's have probably stopped people doing it now.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mojo wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:26 pm
Thomas wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:08 pm

9/10 can recommend.
Yeah, they've moved the original dates, there's wasn't supposed to be any sport this weekend. Games don't start until next weekend, so we're OK with missing training this Friday.

Tamborine's a great spot, I've spent a lot of time there over the years. I used to jump of the cliffs at Cedar Creek Falls years ago. The fun nazi's have probably stopped people doing it now.
I think the fact they were fishing dead backpackers out of the creek put a stop to it. Same with the Natural Bridge. I used to jump off that as a kid. Terrifying shit.

It's been ages since I've just...sat and watched the world go by. So good.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:55 pm

It just ejects discs for no reason mid game. There's two fixes on the internet and the one that doesn't involve taking apart the whole thing didn't work, I have been too lazy to try the second.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

MungoMan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Bugger me uncle, you must have provoked the mocker gods mightily!
It appears so. :((
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:05 am

It just ejects discs for no reason mid game. There's two fixes on the internet and the one that doesn't involve taking apart the whole thing didn't work, I have been too lazy to try the second.
So you can still use it for streaming then? It's not totally useless?
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:19 am

A new PS4 is something like $400. Our sounded like a 747 last year so we got a new one.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Thomas wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:23 am

A new PS4 is something like $400. Our sounded like a 747 last year so we got a new one.
I’d just get a 5, if I could.

Uncle, you can download games.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Fvck that, PS4 is shit for streaming, I have Apple TVs for that.

A second hand one is probably cheaper than that and is all I need - I only use it to play two games (rugby and league) these days - so don't need brand new one until they create an ok rugby and league game for the PS5.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

mr bungle wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:26 am

I’d just get a 5, if I could.

Uncle, you can download games.
Oh yeah, I should have said it ejects even without a game in the tray. Plus, I don't play any of my downloaded games anymore.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:28 am
My apologies.. I had you confused with someone suffering some hardship. I hadn't realised you reclined in a world of luxury and priviledge.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:48 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:28 am
My apologies.. I had you confused with someone suffering some hardship. I hadn't realised you reclined in a world of luxury and priviledge.
I'm privileged as fvck, I'm Maori remember, we get everything handed to us on a platter ... wait, I might be in the wrong thread.
kiap

Post by kiap »

Thread keeweed ...
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

kiap wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:15 am Thread keeweed ...
Thread nerded, more like.

Here Uncle, trust you’ve tried all of these…

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-ps4-that- ... s-5082288
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

kiap wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:15 am Thread keeweed ...
The title implored it.