Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:48 am

I guess some people see what they want to see. :roll:
Dan54.

Re: Official Match Thread TRC RD II All Blacks vs Whingers

Post by Dan54. »

farmerdave wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:18 am
Dumbledore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:01 am
Kiwias wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:25 am
Enzedder wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:16 am By the way, if I were reffing and he did this again, I'd send him off again.
Just watched Nigel Owens "Whistle Watch" and he reckons he would have given a red card based on the unnatural way JB flicked his leg up high at the last moment.
That's the thing for me. Looked more like an involuntary flick-out to protect his space than anything else. Wasn't malicious, and if it was a full 80 minute red card I'd be pretty hesitant, but the 20 minute red seemed like the perfect punishment.

Reminds me a bit of the way the AFL introduced a rule a couple of years ago banning 'studs up' in marking contests after Toby Greene kept doing almost exactly what Barrett did. Be interesting to see what happens next time someone gets kicked in the face. Presumably it's fine now, as long as you can wave it off as probably accidental.
And obviously Enzedder you'd get the same support from the powers that be, jackshit. Really hate the ease with which refs that make the hard calls as they've asked to get dumped on.
To support refs, should they just give an orange card or whatever of 20 mins same as red. But not called anything and then it up to judiciary to decide if it was a red?
The Native

Post by The Native »

I don't know what I find more pleasing, Jordie getting exonerated or Thomas deteriorating further into a seething puddle of poor passive aggressive humour.

Glad, though, to see most Wallaby fans are being sensible. I look forward to the NH crew waking to this wonderful news.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

The Native wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:46 am I don't know what I find more pleasing, Jordie getting exonerated or Thomas deteriorating further into a seething puddle of poor passive aggressive humour.

Glad, though, to see most Wallaby fans are being sensible. I look forward to the NH crew waking to this wonderful news.
Glad I brought some pleasure to your life. Namaste.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

I'm sorry, judiciary.

A bunch of Aussie and Pom couch potatoes with massive chips on their shoulders have determined that the card was fair.

They have also ordered that Jordie Barrett be banned from all competitive rugby for six weeks.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

jdogscoop wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:51 am I'm sorry, judiciary.

A bunch of Aussie and Pom couch potatoes with massive chips on their shoulders have determined that the card was fair.

They have also ordered that Jordie Barrett be banned from all competitive rugby for six weeks.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

simon7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:41 am
simon7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:22 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 am
Dumbledore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:48 am Definitely setting a precedent. What's to stop anyone from doing exactly what he did now? Lead with the knee then extend your leg if anyone gets close?

Probably is a bit much to expect a level of coordination and body control from a professional athlete.
It's a 6 week ban in the NH so I guess players need to remember where they are playing.
You keep harping on about the 6 week in the NH when 1 player got it and then acted the twat with the ref and when walking off, most of the ban came from acting a plum. Most other NH cases have been none or a lower ban. You really do lose perspective when Kiwis are involved Thomas.
There are actually quite a few examples of players who were banned for doing the same thing, bro. Here's one. Almost a carbon copy of the Barrett incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkz-9FI9M1s&t=55s

He got 3 matches. I already said a yellow would have sufficed but these issues have precedence...in another hemisphere. He's lucky, I guess.

As for your last comment, it's easy to get hot under the collar when you're dealing with the worst fans in the game. Hard out, bro.
Not sure why you are calling me bro
It’s just some subtle anti Maori ribbing many of the Aussies go for on here.

/Muttonbird mode.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 am
jdogscoop wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:51 am I'm sorry, judiciary.

Could have been a great openside :thumbup:.
grievous

Post by grievous »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:27 am
simon7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:50 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:41 am
simon7 wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:22 am
Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:51 am

It's a 6 week ban in the NH so I guess players need to remember where they are playing.
You keep harping on about the 6 week in the NH when 1 player got it and then acted the twat with the ref and when walking off, most of the ban came from acting a plum. Most other NH cases have been none or a lower ban. You really do lose perspective when Kiwis are involved Thomas.
There are actually quite a few examples of players who were banned for doing the same thing, bro. Here's one. Almost a carbon copy of the Barrett incident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkz-9FI9M1s&t=55s

He got 3 matches. I already said a yellow would have sufficed but these issues have precedence...in another hemisphere. He's lucky, I guess.

As for your last comment, it's easy to get hot under the collar when you're dealing with the worst fans in the game. Hard out, bro.
Not sure why you are calling me bro
It’s just some subtle anti Maori ribbing many of the Aussies go for on here.

/Muttonbird mode.
Riiight OK or otherwise known as racist? That what youre sayin, white bro?
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

Jay Cee Gee wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:38 am https://dylancleaver.substack.com/p/red ... hat-helped

AUT researchers provided independent biomechanical analysis of the incident and determined that he had used “a standard technique” for a high ball catch by raising his knee to gain jump height.

Barrett escaped further punishment when his actions were determined to have complied with the laws of motion. Photo / Getty Images
They determined that Barrett did not “kick” his leg out as his knee angle remained close to 90 degrees from the time of takeoff from the ground to the impact on Wallaby Marika’s body during landing.

It was also determined that Barrett’s “hip flexion was necessary to stop the backwards rotation of his body due to his trunk position”. If he had not flexed at the hip he could have landed on his head.

Finally it was deemed that due “to the laws of motion, Barrett’s landing position was predetermined at take-off, and he could not have changed it deliberately”.
So he’s unco is what I took from that.

I also have strange déjà vu right now.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Personally, I think World Rugby shat the bed on this call.

His actions could have potentially seriously injured a player and if you compared it to a high tackle or tacking a player out in the air even if there was no intent it would have been carded and it would have stuck.
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Pole wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:09 am Personally, I think World Rugby shat the bed on this call.

His actions could have potentially seriously injured a player and if you compared it to a high tackle or tacking a player out in the air even if there was no intent it would have been carded and it would have stuck.
Nothing too untoward. Leaning back. Leg angled to balance.

mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Dumbledore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:02 am
Jay Cee Gee wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:38 am https://dylancleaver.substack.com/p/red ... hat-helped

AUT researchers provided independent biomechanical analysis of the incident and determined that he had used “a standard technique” for a high ball catch by raising his knee to gain jump height.

Barrett escaped further punishment when his actions were determined to have complied with the laws of motion. Photo / Getty Images
They determined that Barrett did not “kick” his leg out as his knee angle remained close to 90 degrees from the time of takeoff from the ground to the impact on Wallaby Marika’s body during landing.

It was also determined that Barrett’s “hip flexion was necessary to stop the backwards rotation of his body due to his trunk position”. If he had not flexed at the hip he could have landed on his head.

Finally it was deemed that due “to the laws of motion, Barrett’s landing position was predetermined at take-off, and he could not have changed it deliberately”.
Auckland University of Technology? Sensational :lol:
two expert biomechanists who provided evidence in Professor Patria Hume, from AUT, and Mark Sayers, from the University of Sunshine Coast.

“What happened was he came up with the sun in his eyes, he’s mistimed his run on approach, he’s therefore over-run the catch, it’s got big on him, and he’s ended up having to go back to catch it whilst he’s in the air, and as result your leg is going to come back, and it stayed that way the whole time.

“Hence it not being a reckless or dangerous act. It’s just a biomechanical consequence of the movement.”

Mooar also gave short shrift to mutterings from the north over inconsistencies in the judicial system by ruling on intent and there being a difference to how contact to the head was ruled on between north and south.

“Actually one of the precedent cases was an outside back from Northampton who faced a similar citing post-match and the hearing resulted in that citing being thrown out,” said Mooar. “I don’t think there’s any inconsistency at all.

“This was a tribunal who questioned hard our evidence, challenged it and allowed us the opportunity to show our position in a really fair way. This wasn’t a rubber-stamp situation at all – this was a very thorough and fair process that took a lot of preparation.”
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Pole wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:09 am Personally, I think World Rugby shat the bed on this call.

I daresay what fell in Barrett's favour was that MK wasn't badly hurt. If he'd opened him up or knocked him out, I reckon the outcome would have been different.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

I find it amazing how many posters climbed into Jordie Barrett and called the red card well deserved. It was nearly unanimous but they've all been proved very, very wrong. Any apologies forthcoming? No, I didn't think so...

I never really liked Jordie Barrett before this non-incident but now I like him a whole lot more, largely because of the keyboard warriors wanting to take him down, and because of his simple but respectful reaction to the ridiculous red card.

This could be the making of a great All Black.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Koroibete could always get his stupid, drunk head out of the way. How about that?
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

So, Koroibete took him out in the air, then?

he should be cited, surely.
grievous

Post by grievous »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am

Koroibete could always get his stupid, drunk head out of the way. How about that?
Proves you have never played the game. Glad we got that out the way.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

grievous wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:44 am

I played the game. Wasn't a kick chaser, I'll admit that.

But let's face it, Koroibete stood there like a statue. He did not seem to have a concept about what was going to happen next.
Pole

Post by Pole »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:14 am

Nothing too untoward. Leaning back. Leg angled to balance.

Which resulted in this..

mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

What a stupid defender. Bloke was still in the air.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Thomas wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:25 am

I daresay what fell in Barrett's favour was that MK wasn't badly hurt. If he'd opened him up or knocked him out, I reckon the outcome would have been different.
Then apply the same to high tackles or taking a player out in the air.. only saction if the person has been knocked out or broken something..
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:20 am

two expert biomechanists who provided evidence in Professor Patria Hume, from AUT, and Mark Sayers, from the University of Sunshine Coast.

“What happened was he came up with the sun in his eyes, he’s mistimed his run on approach, he’s therefore over-run the catch, it’s got big on him, and he’s ended up having to go back to catch it whilst he’s in the air, and as result your leg is going to come back, and it stayed that way the whole time.

“Hence it not being a reckless or dangerous act. It’s just a biomechanical consequence of the movement.”

Mooar also gave short shrift to mutterings from the north over inconsistencies in the judicial system by ruling on intent and there being a difference to how contact to the head was ruled on between north and south.

“Actually one of the precedent cases was an outside back from Northampton who faced a similar citing post-match and the hearing resulted in that citing being thrown out,” said Mooar. “I don’t think there’s any inconsistency at all.

“This was a tribunal who questioned hard our evidence, challenged it and allowed us the opportunity to show our position in a really fair way. This wasn’t a rubber-stamp situation at all – this was a very thorough and fair process that took a lot of preparation.”
He (Sayers) was the biomechanist and special skills coach for the New Zealand All Blacks between 2000 and 2001 and again from 2004 to 2008 and has been credited as being a key aspect of the team’s success over the past 10 years.
You love to see it.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:48 am

But let's face it, Koroibete stood there like a statue. He did not seem to have a concept about what was going to happen next.
Of course he didn't cause what happened next was foul play
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

guy smiley wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:19 am Match Officials

Referee:
Damon Murphy (RA)
ARs:
Jordan Way (RA) & Graham Cooper (RA)

TMO: Brett Cronan (RA)
Nice try Australia. It was that close...

mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

Dumbledore wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:12 am

He (Sayers) was the biomechanist and special skills coach for the New Zealand All Blacks between 2000 and 2001 and again from 2004 to 2008 and has been credited as being a key aspect of the team’s success over the past 10 years.
You love to see it.
I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but the lawyer involved works with the All Blacks too.
Pole

Post by Pole »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:18 am I’m not sure if you’re aware of this, but the lawyer involved works with the All Blacks too.
Mother fuckers..
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

Pole wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 am

Apparently not. The only people who thought that were the under-resourced an under-experienced officials on the day.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:24 am
Pole wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:17 am
Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am Koroibete could always get his stupid, drunk head out of the way. How about that?

Apparently not. The only people who thought that were the under-resourced an under-experienced officials on the day.
Or World Rugby have their heads up their arses which has been called out numerous times
caleb_ralph_fans

Post by caleb_ralph_fans »

I think it's time New Zealand forget playing Australia and just play against their B team instead. Or NZ just start sending out their C team against Aus for a light run out.
Muttonbirds

Post by Muttonbirds »

caleb_ralph_fans wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:27 am I think it's time New Zealand forget playing Australia and just play against their B team instead. Or NZ just start sending out their C team against Aus for a light run out.
Have to agree, Caleb Ralph fans. New Zealand Rugby has been nursing the Wallabies for decades now.

Time to cut the cord.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mr bungle wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:10 am What a stupid defender. Bloke was still in the air.
What a dickhead, headbutting Barrett's foot like that. Probably a dumb drunk islander /muttonbird mode
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

You love to see it.
Corruption, is it? If not, what are you trying to say?
grievous

Post by grievous »

Yeah you said he was drunk. Respk, white bro.
JB1981

Post by JB1981 »

I see Brad Mooar addressed comments on perceived differences between the North and South after the Barrett hearing.
“Actually one of the precedent cases was an outside back from Northampton who faced a similar citing post-match and the hearing resulted in that citing being thrown out,” said Mooar. “I don’t think there’s any inconsistency at all.”
I guess it’s not as clear cut that outcome depends on where it happens as has been suggested.
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

“What happened was he came up with the sun in his eyes, he’s mistimed his run on approach, he’s therefore over-run the catch, it’s got big on him, and he’s ended up having to go back to catch it whilst he’s in the air, and as result your leg is going to come back, and it stayed that way the whole time."
In other words, a voluntary action as I said waaaaaay back in the thread.
usermame

Post by usermame »

You mean like Barrett being tackled in the air?
usermame

Post by usermame »

Muttonbirds wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:48 am But let's face it, Koroibete stood there like a statue. He did not seem to have a concept about what was going to happen next.
Koroibete never stopped.

https://youtu.be/9P0_IqIEHpQ
Dumbledore

Post by Dumbledore »

Ted. wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:03 am

You love to see it.
Corruption, is it? If not, what are you trying to say?
Just stoked to see they had the very best and brightest on the case :thumbup:
Zakar

Post by Zakar »

You love to see it.
Their corruption really knows no bounds. They're the Malaysian first family of rugby.