Re: Rugby Championship: All Blacks vs Springboks: MATCH THREAD: Sat 25th Sept

Post by Kiwias »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:10 am
jdogscoop wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:55 am
naki wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:48 am
jdogscoop wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:42 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 am
Papali'i is bigger than Jacobson.

On the safe white boys - Jordan doesn't fit the bill, too much flair, Jordie doesn't fit the bill as he's a one or two brainfart a game guy, Bridge probably is the poster boy for SWB these days, he's good at running in a straight line into defenders.
That's a ridiculous comment. Someone needs to watch George Bridge highlights.
That's pretty much exactly what he's been doing this year though, jdog. When he first came on the international scene there was a lot more footwork, deft kicking and general jiggery-pokery. He's been a lot more stock standard since his injury.
He's scored 12 tries in 15 games. I think supporters need to be patient as he works his way back to top form.
Why? He's the least in form winger in the squad and had ALB been fit would've been riding the pine or not even in the match day 23 squad now that we know Quinn Tupaea is on the bench.
Now you are starting to get silly. QT is nowhere near pushing Bridge out of the match team or squad. He has not shown either anything near the range of skills of Bridge or played sufficient top level games.
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

Kiwias wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:35 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:43 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:40 am As long as he doesn't wear that headband, he'll lose his SWB status if he does that too often.

The previous king of the SWB's was Ralph right?
Caleb Ralph was too Maori to be a SWB.
Ben Blair and Scott Hamilton want to have a word
:nod:
The Native

Post by The Native »

Kiwias wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 am

That's pretty much exactly what he's been doing this year though, jdog. When he first came on the international scene there was a lot more footwork, deft kicking and general jiggery-pokery. He's been a lot more stock standard since his injury.
He's scored 12 tries in 15 games. I think supporters need to be patient as he works his way back to top form.
Why? He's the least in form winger in the squad and had ALB been fit would've been riding the pine or not even in the match day 23 squad now that we know Quinn Tupaea is on the bench.
Now you are starting to get silly. QT is nowhere near pushing Bridge out of the match team or squad. He has not shown either anything near the range of skills of Bridge or played sufficient top level games.
They picked a midfielder on the bench. Bridge is not a midfielder.
Dan54.

Post by Dan54. »

Pakia Pakia wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:15 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 am
Pakia Pakia wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 am Scott Barretts a good player but in no way is he world class. There is a half a dozen better locks than him around the world minimum.
Not wanting to be argumentative or anything. but if he was the 7th ranked lock in the world wouldn't that still qualify him as being "world class"?
I wouldn't think so personally and I wouldn't rank him 7th either. I'd struggle to get him into my top 10.

There are a bunch of different definitions to "world class". There are a number of top teams that he would not be first choice when their best players are fit. He's not even first choice for the All Blacks when Whitelock and Retallick are available.

Overall I think he's done a good job for the ABs this year but his set piece has been a bit up and down.
To be honest, I don't get the Scott Barrett is not world class, I would have him in top 10 locks in world, he a bloody good lock I reckon. He has been bloody real good this year in all parts of his game. I think being 3rd choice for ABs when you competing with SW and BBBR is not to rubbish
And to show he has a YC and RC, while it not good, same as people who say they wouldn't pick any other players becuase they made cock ups a couple of years ago. Pick them and judge them on their form and ability now, otherwise Akira and quite a few players wouldn't be plying.
The Native

Post by The Native »

jdogscoop wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 am

ALB isn't fit though, is he.
Answer the question, why be patient? He's the worst performing outside back in the squad.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:29 am
jdogscoop wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:24 am

ALB isn't fit though, is he.
Answer the question, why be patient? He's the worst performing outside back in the squad.
Because, Mr Angry, even when he's not at top form he's still deserving of a place in the squad.
Ali's Choice

Post by Ali's Choice »

It's not fair to compare George Bridge's performance with the other outside backs given he's had far fewer playing minutes. And he was always going to start in the no.11 jersey this week, despite the protestations of a few North Island based know-it-alls.
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

jdogscoop wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:23 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:05 am
mrbrownstone wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:57 am No particular complaints. I think it is a sensible team with a few minor tweaks to the "A" team picked against the Wobs to combat the Boks strengths (i.e. Jacobson over Papalii to add some extra size, and Bridge over Reece for his high-ball skills).

If I were being picky, I'd have Vai'i and Ennor over PT and Tupaea, but they're line calls at best.

On the safe white boys - Jordan doesn't fit the bill, too much flair, Jordie doesn't fit the bill as he's a one or two brainfart a game guy, Bridge probably is the poster boy for SWB these days, he's good at running in a straight line into defenders.
I've got 15 seconds spare, can you point me to one. ;)
Sure, here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKRpJTg8yKM
:lol: Was that his first test? That was a pretty good try.
The Native

Post by The Native »

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 am It's not fair to compare George Bridge's performance with the other outside backs given he's had far fewer playing minutes. And he was always going to start in the no.11 jersey this week, despite the protestations of a few North Island based know-it-alls.
The only reason he's starting at 11 is because ALB is injured. You really think Foster was going to omit Rieko Ioane for an underperforming George Bridge. Laughable, even for you.

The Canter-Clique need to realise that their players are just as worthy to be judged as any other player in New Zealand. If Bridge played for any other franchise in the country Can-trolls would be pouring scorn on his inclusion.

However, unlike others on this forum (AC, jdog et al.) I am willing to eat my words should he perform and will congratulate him on a game well played. I sincerely hope he produces more than an adequate performance.
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Gutted for Papalii. Jacobson is more of a ball player, but these are the sort of games where Dalton would thrive. I was hoping to see if his rare heavy hitting ability would flourish against the Boks... giving the forwards at least forward parity at the collisions. Oh well, maybe next week if he recovers...
UncleFB

Post by UncleFB »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:53 am
Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:31 am It's not fair to compare George Bridge's performance with the other outside backs given he's had far fewer playing minutes. And he was always going to start in the no.11 jersey this week, despite the protestations of a few North Island based know-it-alls.
The only reason he's starting at 11 is because ALB is injured. You really think Foster was going to omit Rieko Ioane for an underperforming George Bridge. Laughable, even for you.

The Canter-Clique need to realise that their players are just as worthy to be judged as any other player in New Zealand. If Bridge played for any other franchise in the country Can-trolls would be pouring scorn on his inclusion.

However, unlike others on this forum (AC, jdog et al.) I am willing to eat my words should he perform and will congratulate him on a game well played. I sincerely hope he produces more than an adequate performance.
Yeah, I hope he has a performance that meets the standard of fluffing Jdog and AC are doing at the moment.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am

Yeah, I hope he has a performance that meets the standard of fluffing Jdog and AC are doing at the moment.
In my learned opinion, regardless of the efforts of the accused, it does appear to me that you are both (Uncle and the Native) behaving like a couple of wankers.

there. I said it.

Come at me.
mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone »

UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:44 am

Sure, here's one.

This one was alright too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOh22dUTYA
The Native

Post by The Native »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:46 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:03 am

In my learned opinion, regardless of the efforts of the accused, it does appear to me that you are both (Uncle and the Native) behaving like a couple of wankers.

there. I said it.

Come at me.
Did the rest-home let you have some unsupervised playtime near a internet capable device?
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

I think George Bridge was a good option for this game with his skillset. His form has been improving but he's not back to his 2019 form yet. He doesn't have full confidence in himself. Hopefully he can keep improving.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:55 am
Did the rest-home let you have some unsupervised playtime near a internet capable device?
:lol:

you're stuck in Auckland. The rest of us aren't :thumbup:
The Native

Post by The Native »

guy smiley wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:59 am

That’s a win/win situation.
guy smiley

Post by guy smiley »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:01 am
guy smiley wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:59 am

That’s a win/win situation.
Yeah,

errr...

hey, hang on
The Native

Post by The Native »

Some stars and facts

The 100th Test will be played in the centenary year of the famous All Blacks- Springboks rivalry. The very first Test was played at the historic Carisbrook ground in Dunedin on 13 August 1921, with the All Blacks winning 13-5 that day. The last Test match was the Pool match at RWC2019 which the All Blacks won 23-13.

In the 99 Tests to date, the All Blacks have won 59 times, South Africa 36, with four drawn matches. The All Blacks have scored 2,050 points in that time including 225 tries while the Springboks have scored 1,577 points, including 153 tries.

The All Blacks have scored 16,997 points in Test matches and are set to be the first international team to top 17,000 points.

Beauden Barrett will be playing his 15th Test against South Africa and Brodie Retallick his 12th. Eight players (Akira Ioane, Luke Jacobson, David Havili, Will Jordan, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ethan Blackadder, Brad Weber and Quinn Tupaea) will be playing them for the first time.

Joe Moody, Nepo Laulala, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett are the six players who started in the last match between the sides at the 2019 Rugby World Cup who will again start in this match
Monkey Magic

Post by Monkey Magic »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:27 am Some stars and facts

The 100th Test will be played in the centenary year of the famous All Blacks- Springboks rivalry. The very first Test was played at the historic Carisbrook ground in Dunedin on 13 August 1921, with the All Blacks winning 13-5 that day. The last Test match was the Pool match at RWC2019 which the All Blacks won 23-13.

In the 99 Tests to date, the All Blacks have won 59 times, South Africa 36, with four drawn matches. The All Blacks have scored 2,050 points in that time including 225 tries while the Springboks have scored 1,577 points, including 153 tries.

The All Blacks have scored 16,997 points in Test matches and are set to be the first international team to top 17,000 points.

Beauden Barrett will be playing his 15th Test against South Africa and Brodie Retallick his 12th. Eight players (Akira Ioane, Luke Jacobson, David Havili, Will Jordan, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ethan Blackadder, Brad Weber and Quinn Tupaea) will be playing them for the first time.

Joe Moody, Nepo Laulala, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea and Beauden Barrett are the six players who started in the last match between the sides at the 2019 Rugby World Cup who will again start in this match
Interesting stat around those guys having never played the boks. Looking ahead 10 years I think our players and the all blacks will be worse off not having that exposure at super rugby level to a different, more physical style of play
badmannotinjapan

Post by badmannotinjapan »

The Native wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:40 am
grouch wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:24 am Scott Barrett is the surprise for me , they can't be counting missed tackles in their selection appraisal.
He’s missed three tackles across his last three matches. No misses in the weekend. His selection was a certainty.

There’s a good article about Scott Barrett in the theRugbyvx.com - https://www.thexv.rugby/2021/09/17/reco ... ond-rower/
There was a great sledge back in the day when legendary Australian cricket captain Steve Waugh was making his way back to the pavilion balcony after being bowled out in an Ashes test.

As he began to climb the steps, feeling a little smug at the number of runs he’d made, one fan shouted: “Best player in the world? You aren’t even the best player in your family.”

This was in reference to the even better form of Steve’s twin brother Mark, who was also in the team and smashing the English attack around the ground.

It’s a story to which Scott Barrett can surely relate. The 27-year-old has been an All Black since 2016, in the form of his life and yet it is older brother Beauden and younger brother Jordie, who tend to dominate the headlines and win the significantly greater media profile.

Scott is not the forgotten brother as such but he’s certainly the one that most people think of last and he’s definitely the one that the nation least appreciates.

Jordie (left) and Beauden (right) receive most of the attention, but it’s Scott Barrett (middle) who’s perhaps performing the best for the All Blacks. (Photo by Hannah Peters/Getty Images)
Which is something that needs to be addressed, because this Rugby Championship is starting to feel like the Scott Barrett show with plenty more significant acts to come.

Barrett has arguably been the All Blacks’ best player in the last two tests against Argentina and Australia. His work rate was off the scale and he threw himself about in Perth, thumping Wallaby ball carriers and then bouncing back to his feet to snaffle turnover ball as if he was an openside flanker rather than a 118kg lock.

Against the Pumas the following week, he demonstrated his agility, mobility, timing and soft hands with his multiple ball carries. It was a game in which he confirmed he’s probably the world’s best ball-playing lock in the way he can pick clever angles to hit the ball and then slip passes just before he takes the contact.

He’s abrasive. He’s big, he’s quick and he’s agile and on top of that, he has a determined mindset to impose himself and dominate tests.

He’s also battling for game time and recognition against the two men, Brodie Retallick and Sam Whitelock, who are individually the two best second rows New Zealand has known, while their partnership, which extends back to 2012, is without any doubt, the best in All Blacks history.
Barrett, in short, is a world-class player – but it has taken a while for him to prove it and even now, many probably don’t fully appreciate his talents and not just because he struggles for attention behind his two brothers.

He’s also battling for game time and recognition against the two men, Brodie Retallick and Sam Whitelock, who are individually the two best second rows New Zealand has known, while their partnership, which extends back to 2012, is without any doubt, the best in All Blacks history.

Unsurprisingly perhaps, Barrett has been unable to budge the public from their fixed idea that he is most definitely number three in the pecking order.

First capped as a 22-year-old in 2016, it was never going to be easy for Barrett to win game time and establish himself. And to make matters harder, he’s suffered some bad luck and a bit of self-inflicted damage.

In 2017, Retallick missed the back half of the season, but Barrett wasn’t able to impose himself in the big man’s absence. Still only 23 at that stage, Barrett lacked the ability to make a crunching physical impact and the lion’s share of the game time went to the more experienced Luke Romano.

Scott Barrett carried a heavy workload during the 2017 test season. (Photo by Christiaan Kotze/Photosport)
Various injuries, some serious, have plagued Barrett since 2018 as well and then there have been three other, specific incidents that have counted against him.

In 2019 he was sent off in Perth against the Wallabies for a shoulder to the head of Michael Hooper. It did seem as if there were strong mitigating factors to reduce the punishment – the body height of both players – but Barrett made life hard for himself by tucking his arm and leading with his shoulder.

“Nothing against Scooter [Barrett], but he’s got a little bit of a habit of using that shoulder,” All Blacks hooker Dane Coles said of the incident. “We know if you’re going to hit their head, you’re going to get done. We need to develop a technique to make sure we don’t hit them in the head and then we’ll be sweet.

“We know the law, so we’ve got to embrace it and find ways to make sure we don’t smack someone in the head.”

Scott came out and played as well as he could. Did we want to win some more lineout ball? Yes, we did. But we didn’t. It takes more than one person to do that.
All Blacks coach Steve Hansen following the side’s loss to England at the Rugby World Cup in 2019
A yellow card picked up in 2020 when he rashly slapped the ball out of Wallaby halfback Nic White’s hands late in the game deepened the impression he’s prone to red-mist moments that can be costly.

And the third factor which has counted against him in the public mind was the World Cup semi-final against England. Barrett was the surprise selection at blindside for that game, picked out of position to give the All Blacks a massive height advantage at the lineout – an area where they had dominated England the year before at Twickenham.

But while the strategy may have made sense, the execution on the night was terrible and despite having four jumpers to England’s two, the All Blacks’ lineout malfunctioned and Barrett was taken off at half-time.

“If I turn round and say it backfired, then Scott is going to feel pretty average,” said Hansen when he was asked about it after the 19-7 loss. “So I’m not going to turn round and say it backfired. I’ll take that one on the chin.

“Scott came out and played as well as he could. Did we want to win some more lineout ball? Yes, we did. But we didn’t. It takes more than one person to do that.”

Scott Barrett was used on the blindside flank during the loss to England at the 2019 World Cup. (Photo by Andrew Cornaga/Photosport)
After all these various setbacks, Barrett has some clean air in front of him and the chance to enjoy an extended run in the starting team.

Whitelock will not be joining the team for the Rugby Championship due to quarantine issues after staying in New Zealand for the birth of his third child.

Barrett, at this stage, is hoping to return to New Zealand after the Rugby Championship to be at the birth of his first child, hence, All Blacks coach Ian Foster plans to juggle his resources at lock.

He’ll lean on Barrett heavily now, run him hard and play him often and then tag him out for Whitelock. That means Barrett will start both tests against the Springboks, having also started against the Wallabies in Perth and Argentina on the Gold Coast. He’s also been picked on the bench against Argentina in Brisbane and therefore he, Rieko Ioane and potentially older brother Beauden are likely going to be the only players in the squad who will be involved in all five Rugby Championship tests in Australia.

Few forwards know as well as him how to draw a defender and then release the ball in the split second before the collision and Barrett brings an all-court game that enables him to be as effective in ruck and run tests, such as the one in Perth, as it does the kick and crunch encounters that lie ahead with the Boks.
This is the chance Barrett has craved and he seems better placed to take it than at any other time in his career. He’s filled out to 118kg and yet lost none of his mobility, agility or speed.

Some of the angles he ran against the Pumas coming on to the short ball were sensationally good, as was his ability to use the ball.

Few forwards know as well as him how to draw a defender and then release the ball in the split second before the collision and Barrett brings an all-court game that enables him to be as effective in ruck and run tests, such as the one in Perth, as it does the kick and crunch encounters that lie ahead with the Boks.

In answering media questions after naming the team to play the Pumas on the Gold Coast, Foster made special note of signalling out Barrett. The questions kept coming about Retallick, who was named to captain the team for the first time, but Foster wanted to make sure everyone realised that Barrett had been equally, if not more influential in the 38-21 third test demolition of the Wallabies.

Whatever praise has come Barrett’s way in the last two tests has to be kept in context. The Boks, with their juggernaut pack, slower gameplan and collection of world-class locks, present an altogether different challenge.

Scott Barrett has been exceptional for the All Blacks in 2021. (Photo by Anthony Au-Yeung/Getty Images)
If Barrett is going to finally convince everyone that he’s now a second-rower of the highest calibre and should no longer, automatically be considered third in the locking pecking order, these are the two tests in which he must deliver his best.

If he can front against the Boks, knock them off the ball the way he did the Wallabies and crunch into them as hard as he did the Pumas then life will become interesting on the locking front when Whitelock, Retallick and Barrett are all fit and available.

The old days of pencilling in Retallick and Whitelock by default may be over as Barrett has made a compelling case that his energy, speed around the park and ability to carry effectively are genuine assets.

Whitelock comes with the greater experience, the proven leadership and aerial portfolio but there may be games in the future where Foster prefers to start with Barrett to utilise his ball carrying and ball playing.

Not that Barrett is looking any further ahead than the next few weeks. “My focus is the next few years and currently, right here in the Gold Coast and Brisbane,” he says.

“I don’t want to look too far down the line. My focus is on trying to get this team to work where it’s striving to go and just playing great rugby.”
They got the Waughs mixed up.
badmannotinjapan

Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 am
badmannotinjapan wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:58 pm
Jensrsa wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:12 am Springbok team to face New Zealand in Townsville:
15 – Willie le Roux (Toyota Verblitz) – 68 caps, 60 pts (12t)
14 – Sbu Nkosi (Cell C Sharks) – 14 caps, 40 pts (8t)
13 – Lukhanyo Am (Cell C Sharks) – 21 caps, 25 pts (5t)
12 – Damian de Allende (Munster) – 53 caps, 30 pts (6t)
11 – Makazole Mapimpi (Cell C Sharks) – 20 caps, 80 pts (16t)
10 – Handré Pollard (vice-captain, Montpellier) – 55 caps, 544 pts (6t, 83c, 112p, 4d)
9 – Faf de Klerk (Sale Sharks) – 34 caps, 25 pts (5t)
8 – Duane Vermeulen (Vodacom Bulls) – 56 caps, 15 pts (3t)
7 – Kwagga Smith (Yamaha Júbilo) – 14 caps, 5 pts (1t)
6 – Siya Kolisi (captain, Cell C Sharks) – 58 caps, 30 pts (6t)
5 – Lood de Jager (Sale Sharks) – 51 caps, 25 pts (5t)
4 – Eben Etzebeth (Toulon) – 92 caps, 15 pts (3t)
3 – Frans Malherbe (DHL Stormers) – 45 caps, 5 pts (1t)
2 – Bongi Mbonambi (DHL Stormers) – 43 caps, 45 pts (9t)
1 – Trevor Nyakane (Vodacom Bulls) – 49 caps, 5pts (1t)

Replacements:
16 – Malcolm Marx (Kubota Spears) – 41 caps, 45 pts (9t)
17 – Steven Kitshoff (DHL Stormers) – 54 caps, 5pts (1t)
18 – Vincent Koch (Saracens) – 26 caps, 0 pts
19 – Franco Mostert (Honda Heat) – 46 caps, 5pts (1t)
20 – Marco van Staden (Leicester Tigers) – 8 caps, 0 pts
21 – Herschel Jantjies (DHL Stormers) – 16 caps, 25 pts (5t)
22 – Elton Jantjies (NTT Docomo Red Hurricanes) – 40 caps, 300 pts (2t, 64c, 54p)
23 – Frans Steyn (Toyota Cheetahs) – 69 caps, 141pts (11t, 7c, 21p, 3d)
If that's the team, they've scored 115 tries collectively. I wonder what the ABs team would be like in comparison.
Springboks Caps/Tries:
Starting XV: 673/87
Bench: 300/29
Total: 973/116

All Blacks:
Starting XV: 628/174
Bench: 162/30
Total: 790/205
Cheers!
badmannotinjapan

Ali's Choice wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:47 am
Pakia Pakia wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:44 am Scott Barretts a good player but in no way is he world class. There is a half a dozen better locks than him around the world minimum.
Not wanting to be argumentative or anything. but if he was the 7th ranked lock in the world wouldn't that still qualify him as being "world class"?
Maybe they only select BR and SW because they're the only 2 world class locks in NZ at the moment.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Under Rassie:
RC PD: 0 (over three games)
RWC PD: 10 for the ABs
Ted.

Post by Ted. »

mrbrownstone wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 am I've read recently on here that Goodhue, Bridge, Ennor, Blackadder, and now Barrett are all overrated, and in some cases lucky to be in the squad.

I wonder what they all have in common?
I think you've answered your own question, Mr B. :P
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

mrbrownstone wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 am
UncleFB wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:44 am

Sure, here's one.

This one was alright too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOh22dUTYA
El scorcho! Not bad for a Safe White Boy!
Eugenius

Post by Eugenius »

Bridge has exactly the skill set required for the Bok kicking game .

I’m glad he’s in .
Pakia Pakia

Post by Pakia Pakia »

Man for man we have the more in-form backrow. I'm looking forward to see how this relatively green ABs loose trio match up.
not_english

Post by not_english »

Scott Barrett has always seemed fairly mediocre to me. Don't mind Bridge though.
jdogscoop

Post by jdogscoop »

jdogscoop wrote:
I would have liked to see the experienced ALB at centre against the Boks, but Ioane's okay there if need be. I much prefer him on the wing.

On the upside, it means kick receiver extraordinaire George Bridge comes into the side, complementing a pretty handy back three.
The Native's favourite mental activity is revisionist history.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

After the RC the Boks will go to France. As I thought, they're not coming back to the Red Zone
South Africa will spend 11 days in France in October to avoid quarantine before three Tests in Britain, the organisers of the 2023 Rugby World Cup said on Thursday.
https://rugby365.com/countries/england/ ... uarantine/
Sards

Post by Sards »

Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm After the RC the Boks will go to France. As I thought, they're not coming back to the Red Zone
South Africa will spend 11 days in France in October to avoid quarantine before three Tests in Britain, the organisers of the 2023 Rugby World Cup said on Thursday.
And they are exhausted already with the quarantines and isolation.
It's not going to get better
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Sards wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:45 pm
Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:05 pm After the RC the Boks will go to France. As I thought, they're not coming back to the Red Zone
Ja, dis 'n lang trip vir die ouens. In the bubble since beginning July
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Though same for NZ and Argentina? At least their SA bubble allowed family in while in South Africa.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 pm
Though same for NZ and Argentina? At least their SA bubble allowed family in while in South Africa.
I don't think the ABs have been kept in a bubble since beginning July? Nor will they from the end of the RC until they leave for the NH
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:35 pm
Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:21 pm
I don't think the ABs have been kept in a bubble since beginning July? Nor will they from the end of the RC until they leave for the NH
They had one week off out the bubble before leaving for Australia... and will stay in the bubble till late November. They can't go back to NZ before that.
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Thanks for the info

Tough times for these guys to travel and play their games
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:44 pm Thanks for the info

Though I'd tolerate it to be an All Black 😃
Jensrsa

Post by Jensrsa »

Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Ja Ja

While I hate the style the Boks play and don't rate Nienaber, the Boks will always be my second team :lol:
Grandpa

Post by Grandpa »

Jensrsa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:04 pm
Grandpa wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:00 pm

Ja Ja

While I hate the style the Boks play and don't rate Nienaber, the Boks will always be my second team :lol:
Why did you choose them as your second team?