Wondering who this could be
HighKingLeinster

Re: Former Irish player in District Court

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mind your fùcking business thats who
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:28 pm Mind your fùcking business thats who
I see The Irish squad as precious as ever
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

I thought it might have been. I do remember a previous issue he had. Sad to read. Wow
Miguel Indurain

Post by Miguel Indurain »

I wonder who the people are who were allegedly ripped off?

Gotta say I'm very surprised at this.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Mullin was a magnificent creature. People should consider it an honour he (allegedly) scammed them
Miguel Indurain

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm Mullin was a magnificent creature. People should consider it an honour he (allegedly) scammed them
Brilliant centre. And not a bad sprinter/hurdler either.

First played against him (and Franno) in schools rugby. Or more accurately we were on the same pitch as that Blackrock schools team.

In the early 1990's, due to fog at Heathrow Airport we had to get a coach to Bristol to fly to Dublin.
Got chatting to Mullin and gotta say he was a pretty down to earth fella for all that he had achieved.
That's why I'm kinda surprised at all this.
DeDoc

Post by DeDoc »

Miguel Indurain wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:22 pm I wonder who the people are who were allegedly ripped off?

Gotta say I'm very surprised at this.
Various articles suggesting it is the people from the previous court case
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Miguel Indurain wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:31 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:24 pm Mullin was a magnificent creature. People should consider it an honour he (allegedly) scammed them
Brilliant centre. And not a bad sprinter/hurdler either.

First played against him (and Franno) in schools rugby. Or more accurately we were on the same pitch as that Blackrock schools team.

In the early 1990's, due to fog at Heathrow Airport we had to get a coach to Bristol to fly to Dublin.
Got chatting to Mullin and gotta say he was a pretty down to earth fella for all that he had achieved.
That's why I'm kinda surprised at all this.
Didn't he also work at Davy's?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

INTERESTING ARTICLE dating back a few years. Yeah he was at Davy's and Goodbody.

The court case from 2013 though relates to his time with Quinlan Private Capital who he left in 2007 to set up his own fund.

The current charges relate to theft from BOI between 2011 and 2013 so he must have joined BOI after branching out with his own fund?

This is going to be an interesting story when it all comes out in the wash.
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Leinsterman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:05 pm INTERESTING ARTICLE dating back a few years. Yeah he was at Davy's and Goodbody.

The court case from 2013 though relates to his time with Quinlan Private Capital who he left in 2007 to set up his own fund.

The current charges relate to theft from BOI between 2011 and 2013 so he must have joined BOI after branching out with his own fund?

This is going to be an interesting story when it all comes out in the wash.
Speaking with a LI mate who knew him he had a rather interesting tale & mentioned a potential 'self harm' incident. Also much conjecture regarding LI position. Seems a lot of rumours etc & yes the Quinlan name came up.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

If that's a reference to actual self harm or other mental health related issues you're a scummer regardless of Mullin's offences.

It's Kertim right?
sewa

Post by sewa »

I am not saying the man is guilty of anything, he was a fine rugby player. But the old boys network of promoting prominent people springs to mind
sewa

Post by sewa »

The RTE article says he played in 3 rugby World Cup finals, must be a record for any Irish man 👨🙄
mr bungle

Post by mr bungle »

:lol:
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

sewa wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:44 pm I am not saying the man is guilty of anything, he was a fine rugby player. But the old boys network of promoting prominent people springs to mind
IRFU's revenge for the grief he led during the planning process for rebuilding LR!
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

sewa wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:44 pm I am not saying the man is guilty of anything, he was a fine rugby player. But the old boys network of promoting prominent people springs to mind
Can't really argue with that. Anytime I ever met him I was unimpressed . Marvellous Rugby player but nothing original about him in finance. He was hated in Davy.
Miguel Indurain

The Sun God wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:40 am
Can't really argue with that. Anytime I ever met him I was unimpressed . Marvellous Rugby player but nothing original about him in finance. He was hated in Davy.
Was this for any particular reason, TSG?
Or maybe it's better not to go into too much detail on here.
backrow

Post by backrow »

Phew, thought this might be another bumming kids caper :uhoh:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Miguel Indurain wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:00 pm
Tony is a dirty big Munster supporter he never stood a chance
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Extremely arrogant I was told by ex colleagues. He would only hang out with the upper echelons even though he was very much mid level when he worked there. He was eventually fired by an acquaintance of mine but he never told me the actual reason. 'Tarf boy hired him for BOI.
Miguel Indurain

The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:30 am
Extremely arrogant I was told by ex colleagues. He would only hang out with the upper echelons even though he was very much mid level when he worked there. He was eventually fired by an acquaintance of mine but he never told me the actual reason. 'Tarf boy hired him for BOI.
:thumbup: Thanks TSG
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Agree
Gynormus

Post by Gynormus »

Miguel Indurain wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:22 am
The Sun God wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:30 am
:thumbup: Thanks TSG
Hearing the same. Won't be good if a guilty. How the mighty have fallen