Insulate Britain

All things Rugby
mdaclarke

Insulate Britain

Post by mdaclarke »

Just seen these jokers on Good Morning Britain.

Their spokesman was on and it came out that his own house was not insulated, the spokesman had a meltdown, compared himself to Winston Churchill and then stormed off.

I agree with Richard Madeley, these peoples are terrorists and fascists and it is only a matter of time before they kill someone. When they do all their supporters like Caroline Lucas are going to look very silly.

They are doing unbelievable harm to the green cause and are making the case for the Governments new protests bill.

I almost wonder if they are Fossil Fuel double agents.
danny_fitz

Re: Insulate Britain

Post by danny_fitz »

It will only be a matter of time for some angry white van man who has spent the morning listening to Nick Ferrari on the radio to plough through the protesters in his transit.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

You have a movement in Britain dedicated solely to insulation? :lol:
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

You 2watch some shite clarky, aye.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

danny_fitz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:50 am It will only be a matter of time for some angry white van man who has spent the morning listening to Nick Ferrari on the radio to plough through the protesters in his transit.
which posts do you decide to be all woke and libtard and which ones to be all gammon. We seem to get both from you.
ChipSpike

Post by ChipSpike »

Dozy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:10 am
danny_fitz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:50 am It will only be a matter of time for some angry white van man who has spent the morning listening to Nick Ferrari on the radio to plough through the protesters in his transit.
which posts do you decide to be all woke and libtard and which ones to be all gammon. We seem to get both from you.
They can post what they like, they don't have to toe the party line.
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:36 amI agree with Richard Madeley, these peoples are terrorists and fascists and it is only a matter of time before they kill someone.
On a related note, I've seen some (admittedly slightly unhinged) people speculate that we'll see climate change-related wars in our lifetime. Who can say really, but goodness knows some of these folks are taking it very seriously.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

It's the way the group are policed, compared to other groups, that people should be questioning.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

fonzeee wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:14 am
mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:36 amI agree with Richard Madeley, these peoples are terrorists and fascists and it is only a matter of time before they kill someone.
On a related note, I've seen some (admittedly slightly unhinged) people speculate that we'll see climate change-related wars in our lifetime. Who can say really, but goodness knows some of these folks are taking it very seriously.
Most people actually support the idea of insulating homes, people can get grants etc etc etc. These fascists and terrorists are doing nothing but getting people's backs up and putting people off their cause.

The guy had a meltdown when it turned out that his own home wasn't insulated also their "Leader" Roger Hallam's own home isn't insulated.

I wonder if these people are fossil fuel company stooges
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am It's the way the group are policed, compared to other groups, that people should be questioning.
I'm not normally one for calling out people just doing their jobs but this officer made the police look a laughing stock

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... thing.html

I've noticed that the policing has got a lot tougher recently, maybe the the police realised that they were mis-reading the countries mood.
Knoath

Post by Knoath »

Hi fonzee
I can actually see that happening, because, well you have this, we want it, because we don't, so yea I kinda can see a climate war.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Knoath wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:25 am Hi fonzee
I can actually see that happening, because, well you have this, we want it, because we don't, so yea I kinda can see a climate war.
A lot of people think the next wars will be about water and access to it.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am
And what drives supply of water... ???
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/comm ... king-class

Britain continues to suffer from disruptive forms of left-wing eco-radicalism by middle-class activists who believe they are entitled to break the law in the name of their environmental crusade.

Extinction Rebellion (XR) members – predominantly a band of privileged activists living in southern England – have created all kinds of public disruption.

This includes blocking road access for ambulances in the heart of London and disrupting commuter journeys in working-class parts of the capital. A free press is an essential pillar of a liberal democracy – yet XR activists have blockaded newspaper printing sites.

An offshoot of XR by the name of Insulate Britain has been making the headlines for their frequent attempts to disrupt traffic on the M25.

Demonstrations have been held across junctions in counties such as Surrey, Kent, Essex, and Hertfordshire. It has been reported that a mother was left partially paralysed after Insulate Britain demonstrations on the M25 delayed her trip to the hospital for six hours. Push back has taken place in the form of understandably frustrated working-class truck drivers attempting to remove these middle-class anarchists themselves – with the level of police action leaving much to be desired. Stuck motorists have been seen yelling ‘we’ll lose our jobs’ – with undeterred demonstrators refusing to take notice of their anxieties.

The class dynamic cannot be ignored when it comes to the public disturbance inflicted by largely privileged white-collar political activists on blue-collar workers in sectors such as transportation. Members of XR and Insulate Britain may believe that they are representing the interests of ordinary people – but by disrupting commuter journeys in working-class parts of London and preventing lorry drivers from completing major deliveries, it’s doing the exact opposite. While the police have now made dozens of arrests over Insulate Britain’s road blockades, its attempts to break up these disorderly gatherings have been feeble on the whole. The police failed to take immediate action to unblock Britain’s vital road links.

Public disruption caused by those in the climate-change movement must be challenged and dealt with – irrespective of the nobility of the cause and the background of the activists involved. Through their anti-democratic behaviour and disrespect for the rule of law, these radical ideologues are directly responsible for undermining the environmental cause. Most people in Britain – which is already one of the most eco-friendly places on Earth according to the Environmental Performance Index (EPI) – understand the need to take action when it comes to climate change. But these motorway blockade stunts backfire spectacularly by alienating swathes of the working public who are trapped in the chaos. On top of that, by causing significant traffic delays, the actions of Insulate Britain have only served to drive up vehicle emissions.

The governing Conservative Party should be robust when it comes to tackling forms of public disruption, which delay urgently needed hospital treatment and threaten the livelihoods of working-class people – regardless of the background of those responsible.

Eco-fanaticism in Britain highlights the growing tensions between a coterie of unruly middle-class activists who think they are above the law, and working-class conservatives who hold a firm respect for it. If the Tories are serious about consolidating their newfound support in traditional working-class communities, it should set the right tone by instructing police forces to show greater urgency and toughness in dealing with anti-social behaviour – even if it happens to be a well-off eco-warrior from the Home Counties or the West Country. It is worth noting that seven in ten Tory voters have a negative view of XR – and it is unlikely many would support the social disorder associated with Insulate Britain.

It is time that middle-class radical activity in the sphere of environmentalism is taken more seriously. The tactics deployed by eco-radical groups such as XR and Insulate Britain are far from being inclusive forms of social activism. They are anti-democratic organisations which have little respect for the rule of law – ultimately posing a direct threat to public order and the economic security of working members of the public.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:23 am
DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am It's the way the group are policed, compared to other groups, that people should be questioning.
I'm not normally one for calling out people just doing their jobs but this officer made the police look a laughing stock

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... thing.html

I've noticed that the policing has got a lot tougher recently, maybe the the police realised that they were mis-reading the countries mood.
:thumbup:
MungoMan

Post by MungoMan »

I see the hand of Kevin Rudd in this. Most likely aided and abetted by his henchman, Peter Garrett.
Couch

Post by Couch »

:lol:
Only in Britain would this happen.
Knoath

Post by Knoath »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am
Well I'm guessing people. Land drying up, some countries are blessed/ cursed with too much, some aren't and if the one's without are bigger than the ones that do well. But I'm guessing you want climate change as your answer
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Whereas from you, all we get is umpteen word salads shat out of a dog that has eaten a bag of scrabble tiles.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:20 am
Most people actually support the idea of insulating homes, people can get grants etc etc etc. These fascists and terrorists are doing nothing but getting people's backs up and putting people off their cause.

The guy had a meltdown when it turned out that his own home wasn't insulated also their "Leader" Roger Hallam's own home isn't insulated.

People can't get grants though, that is the point. The Green Homes Grant that was meant to cover this stuff was dire, expensive and binned off without a replacement.

The Green Homes Grant was a postcode lottery where you had to commit to a scheme registered installer (typically found to be much more expensive than a regular installer) for works before you found out whether you would get the grant, given not everyone could get the grant once one postcode area had their amount allocated owners could be on the hook for tens of thousands more than they would have been had they just arranged the work themselves.

The scheme was massively criticised and withdrawn with no replacement.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

danny_fitz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 am
Whereas from you, all we get is umpteen word salads shat out of a dog that has eaten a bag of scrabble tiles.
Halario
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:05 am You have a movement in Britain dedicated solely to insulation? :lol:
Nah. We have a bunch of middle class, middle-aged anarcho-communist, power to the people revolutionaries who just want to show how angry they are - and get to shag a cat-lady - before they die.

XR can't be seen to be organising this shit, so they were set up in June by pure coincidence.

BTW Already reports of a stroke victim being caught in a 6 hour jam caused by these cvnts.
message #2527204

earl the beaver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am

People can't get grants though, that is the point. The Green Homes Grant that was meant to cover this stuff was dire, expensive and binned off without a replacement.

The Green Homes Grant was a postcode lottery where you had to commit to a scheme registered installer (typically found to be much more expensive than a regular installer) for works before you found out whether you would get the grant, given not everyone could get the grant once one postcode area had their amount allocated owners could be on the hook for tens of thousands more than they would have been had they just arranged the work themselves.

I had two houses insulated for free. Loft and cavity.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 am

Given you were limited to one claim and could only get 100% of the amount if you claimed certain benefits I don't believe you.
message #2527204

earl the beaver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:53 am
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:31 am

Given you were limited to one claim and could only get 100% of the amount if you claimed certain benefits I don't believe you.
Believe me or don't. 2nd time I even got a grant for replacing the boiler.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Without going full tinfoil hat, it would be easy to believe they were being paid to discredit the green campaign in public opinion, and they’re doing a fine old job.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 am Without going full tinfoil hat, it would be easy to believe they were being paid to discredit the green campaign in public opinion, and they’re doing a fine old job.
The Fossil Fuel companies are getting excellent value for money!!
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Or some smooth brain to act upon Shelagh Fogerty's demand they should be shot.
danny_fitz

Post by danny_fitz »

Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:38 pm
Not listened to her for a while, she must have upped the rhetoric a bit! Always had her down as a slightly woolly hand wringing type dealing with the consumer injustices found in middle England.
message #2527204

DragsterDriver wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:05 am Without going full tinfoil hat, it would be easy to believe they were being paid to discredit the green campaign in public opinion, and they’re doing a fine old job.
Well I think we can be sure that the leaders and the monied backers have fudge all interest in 'Insulating Britain'. :lol:
backrow

Post by backrow »

Don’t need insulation, if I get cold I just throw another ethnic on the fire
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:05 am You have a movement in Britain dedicated solely to insulation? :lol:
Yeah - UKIP
Frodder

Post by Frodder »

danny_fitz wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:57 pm
Mick Mannock wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:38 pm
Not listened to her for a while, she must have upped the rhetoric a bit! Always had her down as a slightly woolly hand wringing type dealing with the consumer injustices found in middle England.
Radio 4/5 to LBC does that to some
fonzeee

Post by fonzeee »

I suppose I should have specified that I meant a pre-emptive climate change-related war.

As in, whereas defying liberal democratic norms generally puts a nation on the international shit list nowadays, in the future it will be obstinate climate offenders that draw threats of sanctions and military action.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

message #2527204

mdaclarke wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:59 pm They are complete nutters!!

https://order-order.com/2021/09/22/when ... e-britain/
15 PERCENT! 15 PER CENT!
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 pm

15 PERCENT! 15 PER CENT!
Interesting that for all the hard talk they appear to have taken heed of the injunction. I would be surprised if they go back to the M25 or any other motorway as if they did I think the Courts would absolutely hammer them.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:05 pm

15 PERCENT! 15 PER CENT!
That was the definition of "triggered" and there was not much to trigger him either.

Interesting Guido reports they didn't seem aware the government had pledged 2 billion for insulating homes. Kinda fits with what those other groups who protest these days. The seem to protest what they think is the situation, not what is actually happening.
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:27 am
Easy.

Eastern European truckers.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Good on them, they are not out to make friends or convince a load of reactionary twats. Every time it is in the news is a win for them.