Post by terryfinch »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:18 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 pm
terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:06 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:39 am

Could you imagine! :lol:
It would hilariously sh*t.
German engineering? I reckon it would kick off a massive war economy . Lots of jobs created
German broom handles and shit french subs.
Not every European country has the luxury of having US muscle and being an island nation at the same time. France's army is actually bigger than the UK's. The Germans are afraid to re-arm en masse . They should though.
VDL - Right EU people, we have to go to war with Russia.
Sweden - Err…. not sure that’s a good idea. Let’s discuss. Can we set up a suitable meeting. We’ll host here in beautiful Stockholm?
France - No way in Stockholm. Strasbourg is the stated venue for war type discussions. See EU Article 17c.
Ireland - We will try and persuade UK to help us out. They still like us. We’ll say sorry for all the Brexit bollocks and get them on board. They might convince the US (again) to come along too.
Italy - Sorry but our army has run away and is eating lasagne.

Etc etc etc
La soule

Re: EU Army

Post by La soule »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:25 pm
La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:23 pm
DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm LA.

We've spent the last 20+ years fighting, our troops are well trained and combat effective, as are the Yanks. Given how long we've been fighting even our Reserves are far better trained than almost all the European armies.

The combined European forces basically have around 8000 Legionnaires who've seen any kind of fighting.

That's why the Europeans having to face down a potential Russian military threat is not worth thinking about.

OH, did the French army manage to sort out their working hours shennanigans? I was reading they weren't allowed to work for more than 8 hours a day? :lol:
Doing the logistics for the US army is not fighting. It is basically just doing logistics for the last 20 years. I Am sure you are very good at it though. :thumbup:

Are you referring to the same Russian army that sailed through the UK waters a couple of years back? Or the one bringing radioactive shit in your country and assassinating people? Just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing.
Frances military experience recently has been running around the Central African Republic (since 2013) and killing people armed only with incredibly sharp mangoes.
Can you confirm if we are talking about the same russian threat? I am not sure I'll get an answer from the logisticians though but it is worse a try.

At least, we got Central Africa on our own. You guys should try it one day.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:33 pm

We've spent the last 20+ years fighting, our troops are well trained and combat effective, as are the Yanks. Given how long we've been fighting even our Reserves are far better trained than almost all the European armies.

The combined European forces basically have around 8000 Legionnaires who've seen any kind of fighting.

That's why the Europeans having to face down a potential Russian military threat is not worth thinking about.

OH, did the French army manage to sort out their working hours shennanigans? I was reading they weren't allowed to work for more than 8 hours a day? :lol:
Doing the logistics for the US army is not fighting. It is basically just doing logistics for the last 20 years. I Am sure you are very good at it though. :thumbup:

Are you referring to the same Russian army that sailed through the UK waters a couple of years back? Or the one bringing radioactive shit in your country and assassinating people? Just want to be sure we are talking about the same thing.
Frances military experience recently has been running around the Central African Republic (since 2013) and killing people armed only with incredibly sharp mangoes.
Can you confirm if we are talking about the same russian threat? I am not sure I'll get an answer from the logisticians though but it is worse a try.

I'll see your CAR and raise you a Falklands Islands - despite your best efforts to sell as many exocets to the Argentinians.
Last edited by DAC_ on Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:29 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:18 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:14 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:11 pm
terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:06 pm

It would hilariously sh*t.
German engineering? I reckon it would kick off a massive war economy . Lots of jobs created
German broom handles and shit french subs.
Not every European country has the luxury of having US muscle and being an island nation at the same time. France's army is actually bigger than the UK's. The Germans are afraid to re-arm en masse . They should though.
VDL - Right EU people, we have to go to war with Russia.
Sweden - Err…. not sure that’s a good idea. Let’s discuss. Can we set up a suitable meeting. We’ll host here in beautiful Stockholm?
France - No way in Stockholm. Strasbourg is the stated venue for war type discussions. See EU Article 17c.
Ireland - We will try and persuade UK to help us out. They still like us. We’ll say sorry for all the Brexit bollocks and get them on board. They might convince the US (again) to come along too.
Italy - Sorry but our army has run away and is eating lasagne.

Etc etc etc
PR needs a colour commentator every now and then. You're an Aussie right? I picture DipierDominico.
La soule

Post by La soule »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:35 pm

I'll see your CAR and raise you a Falklands Islands - despite your best efforts to sell as many exocets to the Argentinians.
Were you even born when your forefathers wandered on that Island??

You still have not clarified if you we are talking about the same Russians here? The ones who might hypothetically try to invade the EU or the ones who made the UK their personal plaything a few years back sailing through their territorial waters while giving them the 2 fingers and bringing radioactive stuff in your country?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Good point not only have the GRU made one clandestine attack using a nerve agent, they did another a few years earlier with polonium. Both on British territory
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:41 pm

You still have not clarified if you we are talking about the same Russians here? The ones who might hypothetically try to invade the EU or the ones who made the UK their personal plaything a few years back sailing through their territorial waters while giving them the 2 fingers and bringing radioactive stuff in your country?
"Central African Republic" :lol:

It's true the Russians have tested our defensive capabilities numerous times, they invade our airspace and our waters, it helps keep our forces trained and responsive - but we can't just shoot them out of the sky :lol:

The Russians won't invade Europe whilst NATO sits in European countries.

Without NATO and just a "EU Army" - they could do whatever they wanted.
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:44 pm Good point not only have the GRU made one clandestine attack using a nerve agent, they did another a few years earlier with polonium. Both on British territory
And the UK outed them and told the world. Unlike other EU countries who either don't know, or who cover up any faults in their totalitarian states.
La soule

Post by La soule »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:44 pm Good point not only have the GRU made one clandestine attack using a nerve agent, they did another a few years earlier with polonium. Both on British territory
They have been giving the Brits slaps for years now...
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:50 pm
And the UK outed them and told the world. Unlike other EU countries who either don't know, or who cover up any faults in their totalitarian states.
So what. You didn't get them as Russia doesn't extradite and the Russians know they can and will do it again.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Good luck with your EU Army.

Looks like we're on for a Hat trick with France et al.

You have our number. :lol:
La soule

Post by La soule »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:45 pm
La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:41 pm

"Central African Republic" :lol:

It's true the Russians have tested our defensive capabilities numerous times, they invade our airspace and our waters, it helps keep our forces trained and responsive - but we can't just shoot them out of the sky :lol:

The Russians won't invade Europe whilst NATO sits in European countries.

Without NATO and just a "EU Army" - they could do whatever they wanted.
They got the same reaction they would have got from the Central African Republic. I bet the Russians had a good laugh about it all though.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:53 pm
So what. You didn't get them as Russia doesn't extradite and the Russians know they can and will do it again.
It's what happens when you're one of the big boys I'm afraid. :thumbup:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:55 pm
Oh right ....enjoy i guess .
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:56 pm
We will keep on keeping you safe, don't worry.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:57 pm

Fair enough. I'll enjoy it then
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:58 pm

Fair enough. I'll enjoy it then
Our pleasure. :thumbup:
La soule

Post by La soule »

Not from the Russians for sure.....
message #2527204

We went to the european court of 'justice'
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 pm

:lol:

We've caused the Russians far more pain than they have sailing through our waters. But yeah, you cling on to that if it gives you strength dude.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:02 pm
And?? What did you get?? Any time a GRU operative carries out a mission in the UK they know it's likely they won't be leaving Russia again.
La soule

Post by La soule »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:03 pm
La soule wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 pm

We've caused the Russians far more pain than they have sailing through our waters. But yeah, you cling on to that if it gives you strength dude.
Did you point the finger at them again?

They are still laughing about you.
message #2527204

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm
And?? What did you get?? Any time a GRU operative carries out a mission in the UK they know it's likely they won't be leaving Russia again.
European justice is what we got.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:06 pm

That right there should prevent any future attacks
La soule

Post by La soule »

message #2527204 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:06 pm

You've vetoed all initiatives that could have been of help to you while you were part of the crew.
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Prey for Europe without NATO.

Dozy

Post by Dozy »

DAC_ wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:15 pm Prey for Europe without NATO.

Why?

Russia isn't interested. The whole Russia will take over line is old now.
Pole

Post by Pole »

Same would go for the UK..
DAC_

Post by DAC_ »

Pole wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:56 pm

Yup, I did infer that earlier in the thread.
La soule

Post by La soule »

Pole wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:56 pm

They've been there, done that.

They are probably looking for a bigger challenge now.
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

Seems the EU army is dead in the water already….

“Becoming the first EU nation to breakaway, Copenhagen defended US President Joe Biden as “very loyal” to Europe despite facilitating the AUKUS military pact. Paris is furious that Canberra cancelled its contract to buy French-built submarines in favour of nuclear-powered technology from the US and UK. Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen said: “I think it’s important to say – given the talks going on in Europe right now – that I see Biden as very loyal to the transatlantic alliance.”
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:06 pm Seems the EU army is dead in the water already….

“Becoming the first EU nation to breakaway, Copenhagen defended US President Joe Biden as “very loyal” to Europe despite facilitating the AUKUS military pact. Paris is furious that Canberra cancelled its contract to buy French-built submarines in favour of nuclear-powered technology from the US and UK. Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen said: “I think it’s important to say – given the talks going on in Europe right now – that I see Biden as very loyal to the transatlantic alliance.”
    how much can you read into these statements. Who made this statement in Copenhagen?

Over on the other thread we've posters claiming nations like Vietnam are allied with the US and pretend they don't make the statements they did in the last weeks. Ditto Philippines and others.

If we've learned anything in Covid we know the media is prepared to go to any lengths to tell us things are going well when the house is burning around them.
    Flyin Ryan

Post by Flyin Ryan »

terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:06 pm Seems the EU army is dead in the water already….

I think that last line is just a rebuttal to Charles Michel.
    terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

Now Macron is sending his ambassador back to US. You couldn’t make this up!!! Poor guy must be so pissed off. 😂
    eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

terryfinch wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:21 pm Now Macron is sending his ambassador back to US. You couldn’t make this up!!! Poor guy must be so pissed off. 😂
    It was always a silly act and a petulant. Not the first time he's done it and he's never going to take any real action.
    message #2527204

Dozy wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:10 pm

how much can you read into these statements. Who made this statement in Copenhagen?

Over on the other thread we've posters claiming nations like Vietnam are allied with the US and pretend they don't make the statements they did in the last weeks. Ditto Philippines and others.

If we've learned anything in Covid we know the media is prepared to go to any lengths to tell us things are going well when the house is burning around them.
      Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen, apparently.
      iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Joe showing his power.

Pleased the Brits with defense policy, dissapointed them with trade rebuke .

Pisses off the French with AUKUS , God only knows what he's given France to get them back onside.
      redderneck

Post by redderneck »

iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm Joe showing his power.

Pisses off the French with AUKUS , God only knows what he's given France to get them back onside.
      Florida?
      iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

redderneck wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:39 pm
      iarmhiman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:35 pm Joe showing his power.

Florida?
      Along with some fine rare bourbon
      Dozy

Post by Dozy »

French out of the UK/France Military summit. Pulled out.