DEATHS IN ENGLISH CHANNEL

All things Rugby
DragsterDriver

Re: DEATHS IN ENGLISH CHANNEL

Post by DragsterDriver »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:53 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:43 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 pm https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWtBswQDsEI/

Well said
“...normal people like...”

He’s a scruffy street drinker.
He’s from a political dynasty family actually, went to Rock
The black sheep?
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:51 pm
message #2527204 wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:06 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:50 pm https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWtBswQDsEI/

Well said
Whilst it's all very sad, an armed bank robber is 'only trying to make it better for himself and his family' too.
There are legal ways to enter and claim asylum, but these boat people have chosen to risk the channel to try and enter illegally.
What the fudge is wrong with you? Comparing them to armed bank robbers. Are you f**king joking. Take a long hard look at yourself.
Who's comparing them to armed bank robbers, you flapping tit.
Both can be explained using this blokes reasoning.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Well said

The black sheep?
He was but his brother has managed to sink even lower. He’s good value, fairly unhinged, occasionally touches on some gold. His tv programme The Savage Eye was f**king quality, no idea how he got RTE to show it:

https://youtu.be/h8fITzlPgA0
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

And quite possibly the greatest sketch ever broadcast on Irish tv

https://youtu.be/Qi_yiExToQo
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:48 pm
DragsterDriver wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:07 pm

Well said

The black sheep?
He was but his brother has managed to sink even lower. He’s good value, fairly unhinged, occasionally touches on some gold. His tv programme The Savage Eye was f**king quality, no idea how he got RTE to show it:

https://youtu.be/h8fITzlPgA0
That Cavan accent is brilliant.

Does a good east Tipp accent as well with the bull Mick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npqMPxanj9o
Hoof

Post by Hoof »

The UK could move a lot of the asylum refugees that it is processing to camps in Northern Ireland, perhaps set them up in places like Armagh and Enniskillen. There are about 125,000 in the UK currently being processed.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Hoof wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 pm The UK could move a lot of the asylum refugees that it is processing to camps in Northern Ireland, perhaps set them up in places like Armagh and Enniskillen. There are about 125,000 in the UK currently being processed.
Nah they're grand in GB.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:31 pm
Hoof wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 pm The UK could move a lot of the asylum refugees that it is processing to camps in Northern Ireland, perhaps set them up in places like Armagh and Enniskillen. There are about 125,000 in the UK currently being processed.
Nah they're grand in GB.

Check Cammys latest post on here, they’re nothing to do with you lot.
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

bimboman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:33 pm
Nah they're grand in GB.

Now you don't understand the difference between GB and the UK. Your ignorance is limitless.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

themaddog wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:58 pm
Nah they're grand in GB.

Now you don't understand the difference between GB and the UK. Your ignorance is limitless.

I still use Eire as well,
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

bimboman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:03 pm
Nah they're grand in GB.

Bully for you, old chap. Your parents must be so proud.
Deco2

Post by Deco2 »

Nah they're grand in GB.

Spelling isn't your strong point either.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

themaddog wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:05 pm

Nah they're grand in GB.

Bully for you, old chap. Your parents must be so proud.

Yes, they judge their children’s success by using the approved terms for tiny Ireland.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

“Is there nothing the Irish won’t fight over?”

I’m a firm no.
clementinfrance

Post by clementinfrance »

Good to see and hear that there are still certain Westminster types that actually look at facts and propose realistic solutions rather than the weapons grade bullshît released by BoZo and his cronies or the right-wing media.

https://twitter.com/natalieben/status/1 ... 2699043850

:thumbup:
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 pm Good to see and hear that there are still certain Westminster types that actually look at facts and propose realistic solutions rather than the weapons grade bullshît released by BoZo and his cronies or the right-wing media.

He's in the Lords so doesn't have to worry about being re-elected.

Anybody saying that in the House of Commons would be committing electoral suicide.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

I think what will ultimately happen is some sort of offshore processing. Ascension Island or the Falklands. They have to break the link between getting in a dingy and getting accommodation in the UK.
clementinfrance

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:31 pm
clementinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:26 pm Good to see and hear that there are still certain Westminster types that actually look at facts and propose realistic solutions rather than the weapons grade bullshît released by BoZo and his cronies or the right-wing media.

Anybody saying that in the House of Commons would be committing electoral suicide.
Electoral suicide for telling the truth = Broken Britain

:?
message #2527204

The Labour open door policy won't come back, no matter what they want. There are legal routes for asylum seekers to enter the country - 40% f Londoners weren't born in this country, for example. To suggest that people who jump into a boat to cross the channel are coming to the UK to be nurses and doctors is ridiculous.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Refugees from France, :|
clementinfrance

message #2527204 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:39 pm

The Labour open door policy won't come back, no matter what they want. There are legal routes for asylum seekers to enter the country - 40% f Londoners weren't born in this country, for example. To suggest that people who jump into a boat to cross the channel are coming to the UK to be nurses and doctors is ridiculous.
Clearly not true.

Until the UK govt rectifies this there will continue to be traffickers and deaths of desperate people who could not claim asylum through official/legal channels.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:30 pm

Clearly not true.

Until the UK govt rectifies this there will continue to be traffickers and deaths of desperate people who could not claim asylum through official/legal channels.

Of course there is legal ways and applications are processed and approved all the time. If you believe that those crossing the channel are genuine refugees Frances disgusting treatment of them is even more evil.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

They will all have to be PCR tested now.

I assume that was happening anyway.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I’m more right wing than wee Tory McRight from Rightville in Rightshire, but I largely agree with yer man (as part of my pan-European solution suggested a few pages back & repeated below)

Those visa numbers would form part of the agreed quota for UK refugees - simples.

In short, if the govt communicated the visa scheme as part of a wider initiative - and that, once total numbers are agreed, more boat people = fewer other people - it could defo be pitched to the country.

And if my solution was followed, of a lot of the frog route refugees that were originally Med route ones, my proposed Paneuropean Initiative for Kindness towards Inbound Emigrant Souls (P.I.K.I.E.S.) would have picked them up already and transited a few to us, and PIKIES would also patrol La Manche to ensure Eurasian refugees crossed safely.

As I said earlier though, this would require a paneuropean solution, based on a treaty, committed funding and PIKIES to run it. I’m not, however, confident that the EU has the gumption, drive or will to organise it (c.f. Tory McEtc...), much less the EU collaborating with a UK they’re determined NOT to work with (& this is reciprocated by us, before I’m, er, swarmed..)

Which is fücking shocking, given the lives at stake.

For ref, my PIKIES suggestion:
Benthos wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:27 am Why can’t the EU:
- get all member heads together
- agree a fund/secretariat which, to take the pressure off Greece, Italy and (to a lesser extent) Spain, handles all border issues at the southern border, including patrolling the Med and running transit camps
- get each member country to agree to X refugees p.a.
- process the refugees crossing the Med, allocating and transporting them as per the above agree quotas
- reconvene HOGs when quotas filled, or (last resort) send em back

PS the Brits should fund and contribute to the above process, Brexit or no Brexit
I’ve been looking for a decent job for fücking ages, so give me the mandate to bang some recalcitrant heads, têtes, Köpfe etc. together and a budget, and I’d give it a fücking good lash.
Last edited by Benthos on Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

Clearly not true.

They are fleeing France and Belgium and the EU. Patel and Boris know that the vast majority of the British Electorate see these people as Economic Migrants (as do I). I am sure that the British Electorate want the Australian solution.

The Refugee advocates can go on about international law and in particular the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees until they are blue in the face, won't change the view of the British Electorate and that is all Boris and Patel care about. The big weakness of International Law is that there is no enforcement mechanism. For all the outrage about Australia, nothing actually happened to Australia.

Life is about to get a lot lot tougher for the Channel Migrants
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

I bet most bordies have run more complicated projects than my proposed PIKIES - I know I have. So, it’s safe to assume the PM nous to plan & deliver this is not what’s lacking.

What’s lacking is states(wo)men with vision, compassion & balls. Whereas those with the gift to make this happen are the sorry sacks of shit that pass for modern politicians, and the thicko cünt voters (of all stripes) they moronically think they have to pander to.
Magpie26

Post by Magpie26 »

clementinfrance wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Electoral suicide for telling the truth = Broken Britain

:?
And the idiot is back.
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

mdaclarke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:25 pm

Clearly not true.

They are fleeing France and Belgium and the EU. Patel and Boris know that the vast majority of the British Electorate see these people as Economic Migrants (as do I). I am sure that the British Electorate want the Australian solution.

The Refugee advocates can go on about international law and in particular the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees until they are blue in the face, won't change the view of the British Electorate and that is all Boris and Patel care about. The big weakness of International Law is that there is no enforcement mechanism. For all the outrage about Australia, nothing actually happened to Australia.

Life is about to get a lot lot tougher for the Channel Migrants
Out of curiosity, what was your reason for being a migrant?
message #2527204

Clearly not true.

According to UNHCR statistics, at the end of 2020 there were  132,349  refugees, 77,245 pending asylum cases  
Sawtooth the Beaver

Post by Sawtooth the Beaver »

38k so far in 2021.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... tection-to

An interesting comparison is France https://www.worlddata.info/europe/france/asylum.php

Roughly twice the UK
Last edited by Sawtooth the Beaver on Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
message #2527204

Sawtooth the Beaver wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:39 am 38k so far in 2021.

An interesting comparison is France https://www.worlddata.info/europe/france/asylum.php

Roughly twice the UK
Makes you wonder how many of those failed asylum seekers ended up in calais camps or the UK.
La soule

Post by La soule »

message #2527204 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:45 am

Roughly twice the UK
Makes you wonder how many of those failed asylum seekers ended up in calais camps or the UK.
Not enough obviously.
message #2527204

La soule wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:51 am

Roughly twice the UK
Not enough obviously.
If they fail to qualify for asylum, you should ship them home, not harbour them in shanty towns on the coast and cheer them on whilst they make dangerous attempts to cross the channel.
La soule

Post by La soule »

message #2527204 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:54 am

Roughly twice the UK
Not enough obviously.
If they fail to qualify for asylum, you should ship them home, not harbour in shanty towns on the coast whilst they make dangerous attempts to cross the channel.
It would not happen if the land of milk & honey and racism was to take its fair share of the burden.

Ain't going to happen obviously because no foreigners should reach global Britain.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

La soule wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 am

Roughly twice the UK
Not enough obviously.
If they fail to qualify for asylum, you should ship them home, not harbour in shanty towns on the coast whilst they make dangerous attempts to cross the channel.
It would not happen if the land of milk & honey and racism was to take its fair share of the burden.

Ain't going to happen obviously because no foreigners should reach global Britain.

Often These people have already had asylum refused in Germany. What the f uck is that to do with “burden” .
message #2527204

La soule wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:56 am

Roughly twice the UK
Not enough obviously.

What burden? They have failed to make a case for asylum ... don't just pass the buck with a gallic shrug like inhuman monsters
clementinfrance

Truly outstanding levels of compassion and humanity shown by the usual suspects on here.

You must all be so proud.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

Clearly not true.

Dont be a dick.

I am a migrant.
It took 5 years for me to get a UK passport, at one point it looked like my family would have to leave the UK as the Govt of the time were being so restrictive on who could stay in the UK
That was with me having 3 out of 4 Grandparents being born in the UK.

There are legal means for getting into the UK.

UK Net migration pre covid was running at + 250k a year.
Glaston

Post by Glaston »

clementinfrance wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:35 pm Truly outstanding levels of compassion and humanity shown by the usual suspects on here.

You must all be so proud.
Blame the French police who ignored pleading messages as they drowned.