Chat Forum
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
'Bout yis. Haven't been playing blackout for some time but have been keeping my team alive and now have £4m squid in the bank. Finished 4th in Ireland III without doing much so am wondering how best to splash the cash. Have a good 9, 10, some good front rows and at least one good second row. What positions should I target for a big money signing to have the most impact?


Last edited by etherman on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7886
Location: London
I've just started a new team. My first effort a couple of years ago produced a pretty decent side, my second a few months ago ended abruptly when I lost a friendly to my mate and rage quit. So time to start from scratch...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
croyals wrote:
I've just started a new team. My first effort a couple of years ago produced a pretty decent side, my second a few months ago ended abruptly when I lost a friendly to my mate and rage quit. So time to start from scratch...


Fancy a friendly?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club. ... ry&id=9287


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28
I think you ideally need strength across the whole squad, but personally would get a decent centre. My squad isnt the best , but I reckon I do pretty well because of my 248k and 174k csr centre partnership.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28
etherman wrote:
croyals wrote:
I've just started a new team. My first effort a couple of years ago produced a pretty decent side, my second a few months ago ended abruptly when I lost a friendly to my mate and rage quit. So time to start from scratch...


Fancy a friendly?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club. ... ry&id=9287


I have requested a friendly. I wont be playing my first team!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4233
I developed a f**king boss team, and then it went boss when I was working in rural Australia and couldn't get online.

I was well pissed off when I found it bot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
SAMBA wrote:
I think you ideally need strength across the whole squad, but personally would get a decent centre. My squad isnt the best , but I reckon I do pretty well because of my 248k and 174k csr centre partnership.


Yep could do with some class in midfield.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
SAMBA wrote:
etherman wrote:
croyals wrote:
I've just started a new team. My first effort a couple of years ago produced a pretty decent side, my second a few months ago ended abruptly when I lost a friendly to my mate and rage quit. So time to start from scratch...


Fancy a friendly?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club. ... ry&id=9287


I have requested a friendly. I wont be playing my first team!


Accepted! Yeah I'll put out my rookies if I get a chance to do some management before then.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4233
This is what I have lost. :(

Image

Among others. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
Looks weak. :lol:

I'd quite like to start from scratch again with a team.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18956
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


Are you on the board of the WRU?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18956
etherman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


Are you on the board of the WRU?


No, but I'm hoping to take my work with Blackout to the real world...I feel running an imaginary team on the Internet qualifies me to a far greater degree than those who actually run the WRU at the moment!

It's brutal, I know, but it gives me a tactical advantage at the arse end of the season, when players are resting their teams on any given weekend, I generally pick up a good few easy wins because my B team at normal energy is better than their first team at WNWIM.

It also helps in the Cup, and I can go fairly deep into the competition without ever having to use my A team in anger...which means they are constantly fresh for the league.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
Jeff the Bear wrote:
etherman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


Are you on the board of the WRU?


No, but I'm hoping to take my work with Blackout to the real world...I feel running an imaginary team on the Internet qualifies me to a far greater degree than those who actually run the WRU at the moment!

It's brutal, I know, but it gives me a tactical advantage at the arse end of the season, when players are resting their teams on any given weekend, I generally pick up a good few easy wins because my B team at normal energy is better than their first team at WNWIM.

It also helps in the Cup, and I can go fairly deep into the competition without ever having to use my A team in anger...which means they are constantly fresh for the league.


You must have a pretty healthy academy. Do you not raise a good bit of cash from sales?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18956
etherman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
etherman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


Are you on the board of the WRU?


No, but I'm hoping to take my work with Blackout to the real world...I feel running an imaginary team on the Internet qualifies me to a far greater degree than those who actually run the WRU at the moment!

It's brutal, I know, but it gives me a tactical advantage at the arse end of the season, when players are resting their teams on any given weekend, I generally pick up a good few easy wins because my B team at normal energy is better than their first team at WNWIM.

It also helps in the Cup, and I can go fairly deep into the competition without ever having to use my A team in anger...which means they are constantly fresh for the league.


You must have a pretty healthy academy. Do you not raise a good bit of cash from sales?


From the rough calcs I've done, I appear to only raise enough cash to cover the cost of running the academy. :?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 4233
My academy was ridiculously profitable for me. I was millions in the black, and I had too many players to train. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
SFBB wrote:
My academy was ridiculously profitable for me. I was millions in the black, and I had too many players to train. :(


I've decided that I'm going to focus on my academy and make it shit hot. largely for the craic, and not buy in any expensive players. The aim will be to produce a totally home grown squad and sell players like fudge too. Probably wont last long but sure fudge it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7886
Location: London
Ether I've requested a friendly, I'll get dicked but heck whats the point in the game if your not playing matches regularly?

On the subject of getting dicked I've got a cup game tomorrow against this team from Manchester who have a f**king huge trophy cabinet :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11306
Welcome on board guys, and you can all join the Balshaw Cup by rights.

I suggest you join Ivory Coast, a little country that needs loads of input, beside it will make it our own little PR world.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11306
You can join the Balshaw Cup here:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28
Jeff the Bear wrote:
I am the ROG of Wales at the moment...consistenly second best in the country! 8) 8) 8)

My problem however is, and I can see it causing me to quit in the not to distant future, is that I run a two team system, and the cosst of running two teams, even with one that is totally shit, is just buckling my bank.

It costs me $120,000 a week more than I make every week (not including gate receipts) to run my team, and as such, I only just about break even when I get my home game every other week.


I'm losing 181k a week now! :shock: It was about 160k last season. I am selling off one of my players, which might recoup some money, but I am very reliant on a decent cup run and getting about 250k from home matches.


Also getting decent prize money helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 5
Bookmarked. I'll check back when the thread reaches 400 pages... (or 3 times that on the previous PR forum)

Get posting... ;)


Edit:> And change the 'Fred' to 'Thread' a silent minority of posters on here aren't fuckwits.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 327
TheFrog wrote:
You can join the Balshaw Cup here:


What day is this on during the week Frog? Mondays?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
croyals wrote:
Ether I've requested a friendly, I'll get dicked but heck whats the point in the game if your not playing matches regularly?

On the subject of getting dicked I've got a cup game tomorrow against this team from Manchester who have a f**king huge trophy cabinet :(


Accepted Croyals.

Frog, what's the story about changing countries. When can you do it? I can't find the section on Blackout.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6454
Location: Celavu, Corsica
Good to see that fred.
I've been too loaded with work and other issues to give my team proper attention during the last six months. Barely chose a team before the time limit, but still managed to miss the playoff week :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
etherman wrote:
croyals wrote:
Ether I've requested a friendly, I'll get dicked but heck whats the point in the game if your not playing matches regularly?

On the subject of getting dicked I've got a cup game tomorrow against this team from Manchester who have a f**king huge trophy cabinet :(


Accepted Croyals.

Frog, what's the story about changing countries. When can you do it? I can't find the section on Blackout.


Bump


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 6
Etherman: You should go to your account, and buy a ticket to move (can't remember how much it costs, something around 50 NZ$). With the ticket, you can change country during the 16th week of the season (so now it's too late, you're stuck in your current country for this season).

Good to see this thread alive again...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11306
And Balshaw Cup games are on Monday.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18946
Location: Centre of the Universe
I think this will be Almaguin Highland's final season. The two or three lads I kept on from the original team are set to turn 30 this year. We won division two for the second or third time, and the one time I was promoted, we got hammered in the top division (we're a Leeds Tykes sort of team - same colours, too, now that I think of it!).

I only check the squad once to set it and once to see the result, with no friendlies, etc. I think my run is done.

Is there a good way to bow out? Should I have a fire sale, or just let them all go by not logging in as SFBB did?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11306
Hi Nieg, best is to hire a lot of cheap players on the market and end with a fire sale.

Then stop logging for more than 6 weeks, and you can come back, create a new team and join us all in Ivory Coast. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 16606
Location: STRAYA PLUM
My guys keep jumping up to div II, getting flogged and dropping back to div III, where I dont drop a game while playing my B team.
This is the second iteration of the cycle and I am going to struggle to stay up in div II, again.

I blame Hanoi personally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 7886
Location: London
Just saw my team's result vs. Ether's lot :blush: :blush:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 28
I got a beating as well, although I did play wnwim against his Normal. :x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 11306
If you need tips, don't hesitate to ask.

Today - Tuesday - is the training day. Make sure your training facilities are up and running and that you have hired coach and trainers, then set your training program. Experience proves that it is best to concentrate on training 17 years old youths at 10 sessions a week, and make them stars to either sell them (for good money after couple years of training) or keep them to lead your team. They will be useless while you train them, drained by the excess of training, but once you stop the intensive training, they'll be valuable assets.

Another trick is to buy oldish players (26 years old and over) for bargain price. Of course, after couple years or more (I had one player who only started to decline at 34), they will see their stats weakening, but they'll still strengthen your first XV, and they are usually already experienced, which adds a bonus to their performance. What I did when I tried to be competitive was to sell a well trained 20 years old (U20 standards) to buy 3 25 years old of equivalent or better skills.


Good luck to you guys, and don't forget, we need fresh blood in Ivory Coast and would love to see some of you create your teams there.

Also, I recommend you try to participate in your country's U20 efforts, players who get picked for a representative side get increased experience as a bonus. And it is fun to see your player score the winning try for your U20s. Note that in big countries, as a beginners, it will be difficult to get your players looked at by the National Coach, because other more established team have training facilities that enable them to boost their players training, but in smaller countries, you have a great chance to be involved from day 1.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
SHit sorry lads. didnt change my line ups. Have played the first team on normal for 4 matches in 5 days. :uhoh:

Oops.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:51 pm
Posts: 5
Bump. For no real reason other than it's a good game, if you give it a bit of effort at the start... and since the season has just started why not give it a go?

http://www.blackoutrugby.com













and it's certainly no worse than spending your time reading through the turgid bullshit that goes on 'Planet Rugby' (and what a misnomer that name is)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
Hola Blackout Rugby peeps.

So I left my team dormant and its been deleted. Looking to start a new team. What country are all the PR / Balshaw cup crew playing in?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18956
etherman wrote:
Hola Blackout Rugby peeps.

So I left my team dormant and its been deleted. Looking to start a new team. What country are all the PR / Balshaw cup crew playing in?


We're spread out a bit. I think there's a few in the Ivory Coast though. After a few seasons hobnobbing in the Welsh first division, it looks like I'm going to be relegated this season. I embarked on a major restructure of my squad last season, and somehow managed to bluff it through to stay up, but this season I simply haven't been able to maintain that sort of form, so I've only got 2 wins with 3 games to play, and I'd have to win all to even have a chance of staying up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 5310
Jeff the Bear wrote:
etherman wrote:
Hola Blackout Rugby peeps.

So I left my team dormant and its been deleted. Looking to start a new team. What country are all the PR / Balshaw cup crew playing in?


We're spread out a bit. I think there's a few in the Ivory Coast though. After a few seasons hobnobbing in the Welsh first division, it looks like I'm going to be relegated this season. I embarked on a major restructure of my squad last season, and somehow managed to bluff it through to stay up, but this season I simply haven't been able to maintain that sort of form, so I've only got 2 wins with 3 games to play, and I'd have to win all to even have a chance of staying up.


Cheers for that Jeff. Will set up my new team in Ivory Coast then so. And when its up and running I'll drop you a challenge so that you can whip me and feel all superior again after a shit season. :thumbup:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Posts: 18956
etherman wrote:
Jeff the Bear wrote:
etherman wrote:
Hola Blackout Rugby peeps.

So I left my team dormant and its been deleted. Looking to start a new team. What country are all the PR / Balshaw cup crew playing in?


We're spread out a bit. I think there's a few in the Ivory Coast though. After a few seasons hobnobbing in the Welsh first division, it looks like I'm going to be relegated this season. I embarked on a major restructure of my squad last season, and somehow managed to bluff it through to stay up, but this season I simply haven't been able to maintain that sort of form, so I've only got 2 wins with 3 games to play, and I'd have to win all to even have a chance of staying up.


Cheers for that Jeff. Will set up my new team in Ivory Coast then so. And when its up and running I'll drop you a challenge so that you can whip me and feel all superior again after a shit season. :thumbup:


Sounds like a plan :smug:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ArnoldVDH, Boobs not Moobs, camroc1, DeDoc, DOB, flaggETERNAL, Google Adsense [Bot], Google [Bot], jambanja, LandOTurk, MungoMan, PornDog, RandomNavigat0r, Shrekles, wamberal and 39 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group