Rangers FC really are goooooone

All things Rugby
Bill

Re: Rangers FC really are goooooone

Post by Bill »

BlackMac wrote:
Bill wrote:The owners of Rangers who overspent are to blame for what went wrong, not the club itself if that can be sold on and run as a going concern then it should be

I dont think people realise how the real economy works here in the UK I really dont
Are you f**king joking Bill. Don't equate this to some poor old company that has fallen on hard times. This shower has been run as a virtual criminal enterprise for years. I hope HMRC and then the courts are going to make hay with all these crooks.

Good - why havnt they done that?

And after all these crooks have been banged up whats wrong with selling the club to someone who can hopefully run it properly
jrp

Post by jrp »

Bill wrote:
BlackMac wrote:
Bill wrote:The owners of Rangers who overspent are to blame for what went wrong, not the club itself if that can be sold on and run as a going concern then it should be

I dont think people realise how the real economy works here in the UK I really dont
Are you f**king joking Bill. Don't equate this to some poor old company that has fallen on hard times. This shower has been run as a virtual criminal enterprise for years. I hope HMRC and then the courts are going to make hay with all these crooks.

Good - why havnt they done that?

And after all these crooks have been banged up whats wrong with selling the club to someone who can hopefully run it properly
What's to stop a buying acquiring the assets when the club is liquidated? HRMC will need to do this if they are to realise the assets they will get after liquidation.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

Wee Man wrote:
jrp wrote:
Wee Man wrote:I really don't want to get into this whole Rangers/Celtic, do they deserve it etc thing, I just want to say that as a Rangers fan this is an absolute tragedy and someone needs to be held accountable for allowing something like this to happen to a club of such prestige and history.

It seems to sum up the state of Scottish football full stop at the moment - Absolutely shit!
A child dying of cancer is a tragedy - this is business.
Please don't try and make out that I have lost my sense of perspective, the death of anyone is more important than a football club, my point is that someone needs to be held accountable for allowing a club of such stature to get in this position in the first place.
And be given a pat on the back for taking down one of the worst things about this country. Albeit temporarily.
etherman

Post by etherman »

So what is likely to happen to Ibrox when this all unfolds. Rangers will have to flog it and rent it back? Will it be owned by the HMRC? Will take over dude manage to hang on to it? etc etc.
Toga

Post by Toga »

etherman wrote:So what is likely to happen to Ibrox when this all unfolds. Rangers will have to flog it and rent it back? Will it be owned by the HMRC? Will take over dude manage to hang on to it? etc etc.

The assets will be sold to the highest bidder which is likely to be the same people who wanted the CVA. There will likely still be a football club at Ibrox, it just won't be the same club that is currently there.
jrp

Post by jrp »

etherman wrote:So what is likely to happen to Ibrox when this all unfolds. Rangers will have to flog it and rent it back? Will it be owned by the HMRC? Will take over dude manage to hang on to it? etc etc.
Rangers will be no more - they will be liquidated and the assets sold to pay back their creditors.
Coo

Post by Coo »

Green said his offer in liquidation would be less, which pretty much sums up his smugness. Other bidders will come back in I reckon, the Blue Knights in particular especially since that guy King seems to be lining up with them.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Coo wrote:Green said his offer in liquidation would be less, which pretty much sums up his smugness. Other bidders will come back in I reckon, the Blue Knights in particular especially since that guy King seems to be lining up with them.

If they can organise the Fans will make a better bid than Green. plenty of clubs (admittedly smaller) have been saved this way.
hp18

Post by hp18 »

bimboman wrote:
Coo wrote:Green said his offer in liquidation would be less, which pretty much sums up his smugness. Other bidders will come back in I reckon, the Blue Knights in particular especially since that guy King seems to be lining up with them.

If they can organise the Fans will make a better bid than Green. plenty of clubs (admittedly smaller) have been saved this way.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8x_59EjZOs
GWWG

Post by GWWG »

And the whole cycle will begin again. Given the dubious names mentioned in the last few months, I wonder how long it will be before the new company is when the existing one is. Or whether any bank will lend on what seems to be a broken business model against an asset that seems only to have real value to a buyer set on implementing that broken business model.
DAC*

Post by DAC* »

hp18 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What's that, the 12th time now?
hp18

Post by hp18 »

DAC* wrote:
hp18 wrote:
bimboman wrote:

What's that, the 12th time now?
And still f**king hilarious.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Old Bill has surpassed himself this time, he must be trolling.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Sefton wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Old Bill has surpassed himself this time, he must be trolling.
I thought he made some valid and interesting points.
jrp

Post by jrp »

ZappaMan wrote:
Sefton wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Old Bill has surpassed himself this time, he must be trolling.
I thought he made some valid and interesting points.
You live in the land of Jewish gold, we all know where your morale compass is.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Seeing as it's the same old on these threads can I convey my usual heart felt hilarities.
jrp

Post by jrp »

OptimisticJock wrote:Seeing as it's the same old on these threads can I convey my usual heart felt hilarities.
You brute, you've made Baby Dac cry now.
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

how long before the stripping of league titles can start,

gonna be eight, gonna be nine, gonna be ten, er, gonna be a few locked up in a row

never had so much fun living in the west of scotland :lol: :lol: :lol:
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

fisgard792 wrote:how long before the stripping of league titles can start,

gonna be eight, gonna be nine, gonna be ten, er, gonna be a few locked up in a row

never had so much fun living in the west of scotland :lol: :lol: :lol:
You lucky bastard, we can only imagine how much fun it is!!
Lorthern Nights

Post by Lorthern Nights »

Willie Miller Leaves Aberdeen FC Board
Updated Tuesday, 19th June 2012

Dons legend Willie Miller is to step down from the Pittodrie board of directors as part of a major upheaval of the Dons boardroom.

Four other directors, including Aberdeen Asset Management pair Martin Gilbert and Hugh Little, are to leave the Pittodrie board.

Gilbert and Little will depart once AAM's shares in the club are transferred 'to other individuals', says STV reporter Tyrone Smith on Twitter.

This is a major upheaval for Aberdeen, as Aberdeen Asset Management is the majority shareholder in the club.

Ken Matheson and fans representative Chris Gavin are leaving the Aberdeen board with immediate effect.

And the club has appointed George Yule as the new Executive Vice Chairman.

There are no indications so far why the restructuring has taken place.

More to follow...
Hmmmm

I suspect Mr Milne aka wiggy has said he will vote for Rangers staying in the SPL and the rest have said fudge it we are off as there will be an absolute riot from the supporters over this.
jrp

Post by jrp »

Far too many of the spineless wankers running Scottish football do not seem to understand than Rangers needs to be sent down to the 3rd division. All this fannying around with faux punishments are skirting around the main issue.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Lorthern Nights wrote:

Dons legend Willie Miller is to step down from the Pittodrie board of directors as part of a major upheaval of the Dons boardroom.

Four other directors, including Aberdeen Asset Management pair Martin Gilbert and Hugh Little, are to leave the Pittodrie board.

Gilbert and Little will depart once AAM's shares in the club are transferred 'to other individuals', says STV reporter Tyrone Smith on Twitter.

This is a major upheaval for Aberdeen, as Aberdeen Asset Management is the majority shareholder in the club.

Ken Matheson and fans representative Chris Gavin are leaving the Aberdeen board with immediate effect.

More to follow...
Hmmmm

I suspect Mr Milne aka wiggy has said he will vote for Rangers staying in the SPL and the rest have said fudge it we are off as there will be an absolute riot from the supporters over this.
It's a tricky one. The decreased (or no) TV revenues vs fans
Lorthern Nights

jrp wrote:Far too many of the spineless wankers running Scottish football do not seem to understand than Rangers needs to be sent down to the 3rd division. All this fannying around with faux punishments are skirting around the main issue.
Yup.

This is actually the one chance they all have to actually get a competitive league again, if Aberdeen are falling line every other fucker will as well.

Todders will be empty next year though
Lorthern Nights

OptimisticJock wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

More to follow...
Hmmmm

It is not an either/or. No fans no telly money, they should just suck it up for a 3/4 seasons sort their shit out once and for all and make a competitive league, this will put the nail in the coffin though.
etherman

Post by etherman »

jrp wrote:Far too many of the spineless wankers running Scottish football do not seem to understand than Rangers needs to be sent down to the 3rd division. All this fannying around with faux punishments are skirting around the main issue.
Well remember that boards are mainly responsible for the effective management of the business. Voting for something that will potentially decimate their main income stream is not that cut and dried.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Team "12" I beleive is the right name for them now.
Lorthern Nights

etherman wrote:
Well remember that boards are mainly responsible for the effective management of the business. Voting for something that will potentially decimate their main income stream is not that cut and dried.
I would take Mr Gilbert's opinion on how to run a business over Mr Milne.

Other local gossip is that Stewarty is in a bit of bother, his gaff at Gleneagles is up for sale as is his fancy new house in Aberdeen....

Not a good time to be a housebuilder
Fenman

Post by Fenman »

Is there a time line for things happening? As an outsider, I don't really care what happens to the football club, but think it would be a travesty if the same people can get ownership of a debt free club for a pittance. There needs to be some penalty and if that means playing the likes of East Fife and Stenhousemuir over the next couple of years, then so be it.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Lorthern Nights wrote:
OptimisticJock wrote:
Lorthern Nights wrote:

More to follow...
Hmmmm

It is not an either/or. No fans no telly money, they should just suck it up for a 3/4 seasons sort their shit out once and for all and make a competitive league, this will put the nail in the coffin though.
The SPL teams seem to disagree with you.

They should but it won't make it a competitive league.
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

Fenman wrote:Is there a time line for things happening? As an outsider, I don't really care what happens to the football club, but think it would be a travesty if the same people can get ownership of a debt free club for a pittance. There needs to be some penalty and if that means playing the likes of East Fife and Stenhousemuir over the next couple of years, then so be it.
vote is on the 4th of July
jrp

Post by jrp »

etherman wrote:
All clubs are reporting season ticket sales are down, the Sky money is peanuts as the Old Scum get the majority of it - rubberstamping a return for the crooked plum it likely to damage their businesses far more.
Lorthern Nights

OptimisticJock wrote:
The SPL teams seem to disagree with you.

They should but it won't make it a competitive league.
The SPL teams are run by fuckwits as the whole of Scottish football, too scared of what little they have they might lose as opposed to actually reversing the decline.

The SPL is hampered by the current voting on revenue split etc by having to have 11 teams voting for a change, quelle suprise, the old firm block any attempt at this because they will be the biggest losers in their eyes.

What the rest of the SPL seem to forget is that not that long ago both Rangers and Celtic were desperate to leave the SPL for Engerland, they still are for that matter so wh they keep pandering to them is beyond me. If the rest actually stuck together for once they would actually manage to get a better deal for all and make it a half decent league. As opposed to the current farce.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

Rangers would give themselves a good shot in the arm if they finally tried to adopt the moral high ground and willingly go to the 3rd. They are out of Europe for three years so playing East Stirling etc, in front of a packed Ibrox will make little difference to them financially whilst they work their way back.
DAC*

Post by DAC* »

BlackMac wrote:Rangers would give themselves a good shot in the arm if they finally tried to adopt the moral high ground and willingly go to the 3rd. They are out of Europe for three years so playing East Stirling etc, in front of a packed Ibrox will make little difference to them financially whilst they work their way back.
Wouldn't the £10,000,000 or so you get for qualifying for the group stages of the CL help Rangers pay off their debts quicker?
jrp

Post by jrp »

BlackMac wrote:Rangers would give themselves a good shot in the arm if they finally tried to adopt the moral high ground and willingly go to the 3rd. They are out of Europe for three years so playing East Stirling etc, in front of a packed Ibrox will make little difference to them financially whilst they work their way back.
Who says they will be playing at Ibrox?

When it's finally liquidated they will have no rights to use Ibrox and Murray Park.

DAC* wrote:
Wouldn't the £10,000,000 or so you get for qualifying for the group stages of the CL help Rangers pay off their debts quicker?
Take it up with UEFA then - Rangers not playing in Europe has nothing to do with the SFA.
DAC*

Post by DAC* »

jrp wrote:

When it's finally liquidated they will have rights to use Ibrox and Murray Park.

DAC* wrote:
Take it up with UEFA then - Rangers not playing in Europe has nothing to do with the SFA.
<sends carrier pigeon to UEFA HQ>

:roll:
OptimisticJock

Post by OptimisticJock »

DAC* wrote:
I'd rather the money (potentially) went to Motherwell.

As a part time Saints fan I thank UEFA for their decision to allow Saints into European competitions.
BlackMac

Post by BlackMac »

jrp wrote:

When it's finally liquidated they will have no rights to use Ibrox and Murray Park.

DAC* wrote:

I think that is the thing that is baffling most people, why Green seems to be able to buy the whole lot at a pre-agreed knockdown price. Ibrox must be worth more in architectural salvage than he is paying so why isn't it going on the open market to attain the highest return for the creditors??
DAC*

Post by DAC* »

As a part time Saints fan I thank UEFA for their decision to allow Saints into European competitions.
:thumbup:
jrp

Post by jrp »

BlackMac wrote:
jrp wrote:

DAC* wrote:

I think that is the thing that is baffling most people, why Green seems to be able to buy the whole lot at a pre-agreed knockdown price. Ibrox must be worth more in architectural salvage than he is paying so why isn't it going on the open market to attain the highest return for the creditors??
AFAIK the Newco do not own Ibrox or Murray Park - those have to be disposed of as part of the liquidation.