UK Flu jabs.

All things Rugby
Leinster in London

UK Flu jabs.

Post by Leinster in London »

I received an e-mail from my doctor's surgery last week stating they are not taking flu jab bookings from 50-64 year olds until November/Dec unless there are exceptional circumstances. They also state This age group shall only receive a jab if there is any stock of vaccine left.

I've not previously gone for a jab, but after the bout of flu at the beginning of the year I decided that I would get vaccinated this year.
Not overly happy, but it is as it is.

I now read in the beeb that the NHS are complaining that nobody is getting jabbed, and are concerned now about being overwhelmed later in the year. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53889184

WTF.

They also state the govt wants twice the numbers vaccinated this year. How the is that supposed to work if surgeries are not supplied enough vaccine to cover just an older age group.

This all sounds to me that the government are once again saying one thing, but doing another.
C69

Re: UK Flu jabs.

Post by C69 »

I will be getting mine in the next few weeks.
Saint

Post by Saint »

Mrs Saint is confused by all of this. The local surgery and community nurses are only planning on starting up flu jabs in the next week or so - but that's going to be nearly a month ahead of when they normally start down here
Southernscot

Post by Southernscot »

I’ve had a letter already - a couple of months ahead of normal timing- early 50’s with relatively minor underlying health condition
message #2527204

Post by message #2527204 »

I think they're giving them at the local Boots store round here.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

C69 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:51 pm I will be getting mine in the next few weeks.
Me too. I shall be giving them again this year.
Leinster in London

Saint wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:12 pm Mrs Saint is confused by all of this. The local surgery and community nurses are only planning on starting up flu jabs in the next week or so - but that's going to be nearly a month ahead of when they normally start down here
Yes, I would think it is something still in the planning/logistics stage rather than implementation phase. Maybe the press release was garbled.
Not previously been involved, (and still hoping there is still some summer), I hadn't actually given it too much thought.
I would have hoped to receive a notification early to mid Sept reminding me to make a booking in the next 2-5 weeks.
Norman Harvey

Post by Norman Harvey »

Saint wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:12 pm Mrs Saint is confused by all of this. The local surgery and community nurses are only planning on starting up flu jabs in the next week or so - but that's going to be nearly a month ahead of when they normally start down here
Just saw the interview with Matt Hancock. It seems obvious from reading between the lines what has happened. They made if free to anyone over 50 but have now realised they probably don't have enough. So now they are saying if they have enough left after the vulnerable groups get theirs the over 50''s can have it. However GPs have told them that is not going to happen.
Leinster in London

Norman Harvey wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Just saw the interview with Matt Hancock. It seems obvious from reading between the lines what has happened. They made if free to anyone over 50 but have now realised they probably don't have enough. So now they are saying if they have enough left after the vulnerable groups get theirs the over 50''s can have it. However GPs have told them that is not going to happen.
Your comments make no sense when put against the article I posted earlier. The article indicated there is a problem that people are not bothering to get vaccinated, nothing about denying tests to under 65's.
I see the article may have been removed from the front page (although is still viewable), but what the hell prompted it in the first place?
Norman Harvey

Post by Norman Harvey »

Leinster in London wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:38 pm
Norman Harvey wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Your comments make no sense when put against the article I posted earlier. The article indicated there is a problem that people are not bothering to get vaccinated, nothing about denying tests to under 65's.
I see the article may have been removed from the front page (although is still viewable), but what the hell prompted it in the first place?
I was talking about in interview given by the UK Health Minister. You are welcome to go by an article you read though.
C69

Post by C69 »

I'll ask the IPC lead in the Trust and feed back if they reply to me lol.