The OFFICIAL replacement IRISH OLYMPIC BANDWAGON THREAD

All things Rugby
redderneck

Re: The OFFICIAL replacement IRISH OLYMPIC BANDWAGON THREAD

Post by redderneck »

camroc1 wrote:This smells like a hatchet job on Hickey, by someone who knows. Got him through his son in the end.

Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.
What odds the IOC & the Marcus Evans Group now look to package this up neatly as a quintessentially Irish problem, now dealt with?

Ooops. Silly me. Encouraging gambling on an Olympic event. I should be ashamed.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

camroc1 wrote:This smells like a hatchet job on Hickey, by someone who knows. Got him through his son in the end.

You make it sound like equivalent of cracking the Enigma code; when its more like finishing the Kiddies crossword in the Sunday World :roll:

The IT phoning up Pro10's office in Lucan, & getting a message from THGs voicemail, an organization that already has criminal cases against it in Brazil, is amateur hour stuff. When you add the fact that Hickey's son works for THG ....
Emily

Post by Emily »

The last carefree moment before the cops came calling...

ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

:lol: :lol:
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Right. That's me DEFINITELY paying the Broadcasting Fee for life...
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

:lol: :thumbup:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Just when you think things can't go any lower

https://twitter.com/SportsJOEdotie/stat ... 5402547200

Pat opens the door in the nip.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Isn't he best mates with Putin from all the judoing? Seriously I think they are good mates. Considering what they have done to FIFA after Russia getting awarded the WC you would have thought Pat would have the sense to stay at home.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Why a hatchet job ?.......... I would place a rather sizable wager that he is involved in this ticket scam up to his oxters .
Silvio Berlusconi

Post by Silvio Berlusconi »

the story that keeps on giving

I cant make out if he has a hefty langer on him

can someone please confirm
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

The Sun God wrote:

Why a hatchet job ?.......... I would place a rather sizable wager that he is involved in this ticket scam up to his oxters .
His Russian connections have done for him. I would wager a go off my new bicycle it is that.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Silvio Berlusconi wrote:the story that keeps on giving

It was a massive blur so I think we can safely say he has a huge package
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

He's an enormous prick indeed....
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

EverReady wrote:

Can we expect the words; arse, coke, & hooker to be added in the near future ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

EverReady wrote:

I'd say Sonia is back in the studio pissing herself laughing. To misquote Rory's deleted tweet Karma is a bitch.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

The Sun God wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Class.
That is going to do the rounds no end
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The Sun God wrote:

Oh, I have no doubt that he is. But someone pointed the Brazilian police in the right direction, and I imagine that person holds an Irish passport, and knows all about the ticketing 'arrangements'.
Silvio Berlusconi

Post by Silvio Berlusconi »

The Sun God wrote:He's an enormous prick indeed....
Say what you see ..

Its good, but its not right
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Facing three charges and up to seven years in the Brazilian 'Joy.

Rumour has it he is hiring Michaela McCollum as an adviser.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

themaddog wrote:Facing three charges and up to seven years in the Brazilian 'Joy.

I hope one of the medal winners gets his 1st class ticket back home, I don't think he'll be using it himself :D
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

fishfoodie wrote:
themaddog wrote:Facing three charges and up to seven years in the Brazilian 'Joy.

I hope one of the medal winners gets his 1st class ticket back home, I don't think he'll be using it himself :D
Hickey would expect the lads to row their boat home.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Why are all do comfortable that one of our own is been thrown under the bus? Smacks of picking on the little man and I don't think mean his cock
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

camroc1 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Oh, I have no doubt that he is. But someone pointed the Brazilian police in the right direction, and I imagine that person holds an Irish passport, and knows all about the ticketing 'arrangements'.
wtf ? so you're not so much concerned at the fact that he's as crooked as a FIFA official more that a paddy tipped the cops off ? Sunday Times did a "great", less than complimentary article about him at the weekend....finishing with a smiley face that John Delaney was tipped as his replacement
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

wtf ? so you're not so much concerned at the fact that he's as crooked as a FIFA official more that a paddy tipped the cops off ? Sunday Times did a "great", less than complimentary article about him at the weekend....finishing with a smiley face that John Delaney was tipped as his replacement
What ?

I think Hickey has fúcked over enough people involved in sports in Ireland for one of them to seize the opportunity when it presented itself. That's all.
ticketlessinseattle

fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:

Can we expect the words; arse, coke, & hooker to be added in the near future ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"lads can you hurry things up ? i've a flight to catch, 3 hookers charging by the hour and a mate from Columbia showing up in half an hour.....and the missus thinks I'm already at the airport"

At a news conference this afternoon, Rio police said they went to Mr Hickey's hotel in the Barra district of the city this morning, but Mr Hickey was not in his room.

They were told by his wife that he had left for Ireland, but police discovered Mr Hickey in another room at the hotel.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

EverReady wrote:Why are all do comfortable that one of our own is been thrown under the bus? Smacks of picking on the little man and I don't think mean his cock
Because like McQuaid & Delaney he's a petty, corrupt little gombeen dictator who drags down our nations reputation.
ticketlessinseattle

camroc1 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

What ?

I think Hickey has fúcked over enough people involved in sports in Ireland for one of them to seize the opportunity when it presented itself. That's all.
my mistake, thought you were going down the "poor fella" route
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

These brazilians don't hang about anyway, charged already.

Ticket touts and those who facilitate them are the scum of the earth and will get no sympathy from me.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:Why are all do comfortable that one of our own is been thrown under the bus? Smacks of picking on the little man and I don't think mean his cock
Because like McQuaid & Delaney he's a petty, corrupt little gombeen dictator who drags down our nations reputation.
It is just touting a few tickets- who does that harm? If you were to read the shît been spouted all over the internet at the moment you would think he he was an arms dealing pedrophilic. He has enriched himself through shrewd politicking - how awful
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Hickey is far from the little man. He is one of the most powerful men in world sport. He is president of the European Olympic Committee and well as being one of 15 board members on the IOC. He is on first name terms with the likes of Putin and many of the tinpot despots in the Stans. He wields his power like a school yard bully ruthlessly dealing with anyone who dares oppose him. He has thrown many under the bus in the past and will undoubtedly try to do so now if it will save his own skin. Pat Hickey's primary concern has always been Pat Hickey.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
It is just touting a few tickets- who does that harm? If you were to read the shît been spouted all over the internet at the moment you would think he he was an arms dealing pedrophilic. He has enriched himself through shrewd politicking - how awful
3,000,000 worth of tickets, & that's just the Rio Olympics, THG are in the merde in Brazil because of the scams they ran during the World Cup, where because of the demand, I'm sure the payoff was much. much bigger !!
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
The people who want to buy them. People who are being ripped off, scammed effectively.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
3,000,000 worth of tickets, & that's just the Rio Olympics, THG are in the merde in Brazil because of the scams they ran during the World Cup, where because of the demand, I'm sure the payoff was much. much bigger !!
3 mill me hoop. The Brazilian police made that up to sound like they were involved in something big rather than just their normal shooting children.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

crouchy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
The people who want to buy them. People who are being ripped off, scammed effectively.
Fûck off you commie cûnt. You are the reason Luke Ming and Mick Wallace get elected.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

EverReady wrote:
crouchy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Fûck off you commie cûnt. You are the reason Luke Ming and Mick Wallace get elected.
Nothing commie about it, I am all for a fair market.

Ticket touts though are scum. Without exception. It is ripping people off, pure and simple.

There's nothing fair about it, it is illegitimate business.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

camroc1 wrote:
The Sun God wrote:

Absolutely.....
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
EverReady wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
3 mill me hoop. The Brazilian police made that up to sound like they were involved in something big rather than just their normal shooting children.
Yeah, cause those thick Brazilians can't add up the cover prices on 800 tickets :uhoh: