All things Rugby
DragonKhan

Re: The OFFICIAL English and European Football (soccer) thre

Post by DragonKhan »

That win felt good. Especially with how easy it was in the end COYS
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

DragonKhan wrote:That win felt good. Especially with how easy it was in the end COYS
definitely a good win, but it will be the same story as usual, the flakes get within a game of going top, the pressure will be too much for them, flakes gonna flake, then they fall away
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

I swear pochettino is out to ruin my fantasy league.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

I fear for any bus driver within a mile of Bimbo's abode tonight.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Sefton wrote:I fear for any bus driver within a mile of Bimbo's abode tonight.
Leaving Upton Park has been a massive success
croyals

Post by croyals »

Magic of the Cup swings into full gear tomorrow at Adams Park. Hosting Stourbridge from the 9th level, the furthest they've ever got in the tournament.
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

croyals wrote:Magic of the Cup swings into full gear tomorrow at Adams Park. Hosting Stourbridge from the 9th level, the furthest they've ever got in the tournament.
Shameful that it isn't televised. Stourbridge are taking 2100 fans tomorrow though. Unfortunately, it is all-ticket which is ridiculous for a Wycombe game. Prevents people from going down to AP on the day, many of whom won't realise if they don't have or check Twitter/Facebook.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Man In Black wrote:Saw footage on twitter of large numbers of West Ham fans leaving at 50 minutes. Disgraceful.
Hilarious you mean
croyals

Post by croyals »

HurricaneWasp wrote:
croyals wrote:Magic of the Cup swings into full gear tomorrow at Adams Park. Hosting Stourbridge from the 9th level, the furthest they've ever got in the tournament.
Shameful that it isn't televised. Stourbridge are taking 2100 fans tomorrow though. Unfortunately, it is all-ticket which is ridiculous for a Wycombe game. Prevents people from going down to AP on the day, many of whom won't realise if they don't have or check Twitter/Facebook.
Agreed on televised, BBC just take the Prem games, its bloody shameful.

Thing about all-ticket is it forced my mates to go from 'potentially' to 'fudge it get me a ticket', so I think there are swings and round abouts to the decision. 6,200 is a hell of a crowd seeing as we got just over 5,000 for Oxford last year. I'm actually really excited, thought it was a shit draw at first but have got well into it, being the Goliath rather than David for a change is quite nice.
croyals

Post by croyals »

HW - I think you've mentioned before you're a season ticket holder - are you a terrace dweller?
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

croyals wrote:HW - I think you've mentioned before you're a season ticket holder - are you a terrace dweller?
Yep. I will almost invariably be found on the top rail about 5 yards to the left of the goal (as seen on TV) with my brother and a couple of mates. The picture below gives a general idea. I go to a few away games too. So far this season I've been to Yeovil, Chesterfield, Portsmouth, Notts County and Cheltenham. The Chesterfield game was crazy. I almost died of happiness when Kashket scored his hat-trick. :)

croyals

Post by croyals »

HurricaneWasp wrote:
croyals wrote:HW - I think you've mentioned before you're a season ticket holder - are you a terrace dweller?
Yep. I will almost invariably be found on the top rail about 5 yards to the left of the goal (as seen on TV) with my brother and a couple of mates. The picture below gives a general idea. I go to a few away games too. So far this season I've been to Yeovil, Chesterfield, Portsmouth, Notts County and Cheltenham. The Chesterfield game was crazy. I almost died of happiness when Kashket scored his hat-trick. :)

Yeah I was at the Pompey game, one of the best games of football I've seen in a while.

Thought Saturday was a proper old school cup tie, probably just about deserved a win but you have to hand it to Stourbridge for the effort they put in.
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

croyals wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Yeah I was at the Pompey game, one of the best games of football I've seen in a while.

Thought Saturday was a proper old school cup tie, probably just about deserved a win but you have to hand it to Stourbridge for the effort they put in.
Stourbridge definitely deserved a replay. Played far better than most teams at AP this season. The Portsmouth game was incredible. Such a good performance, but bettered by the Chesterfield game.

In the next round, I'm hoping for either:

- A big Prem team (Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Man U, etc)
- A local team (Watford, Brentford, Oxford)
- A lower team who we should beat (Accrington, Sutton, Lincoln)

Basically, not a high League 1 or Championship team (e.g. Rochdale)
croyals

Post by croyals »

HurricaneWasp wrote:
croyals wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Stourbridge definitely deserved a replay. Played far better than most teams at AP this season. The Portsmouth game was incredible. Such a good performance, but bettered by the Chesterfield game.

Turns out I'm in Ireland that weekend so I'm hoping either a team we should beat at home or a big enough game to be moved to the Monday night slot. A man can dream...
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

croyals wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:
croyals wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Turns out I'm in Ireland that weekend so I'm hoping either a team we should beat at home or a big enough game to be moved to the Monday night slot. A man can dream...
Spurs away :D
tiddle

Post by tiddle »

don't teams split the matchday revenue for the FA cup? If so, that's a great draw
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

tiddle wrote:don't teams split the matchday revenue for the FA cup? If so, that's a great draw
Certainly is. Unfortunately, Spurs have a reduced capacity this year which takes a chunk out of our profit. Still make a lot though :)
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

HurricaneWasp wrote:
tiddle wrote:don't teams split the matchday revenue for the FA cup? If so, that's a great draw
Certainly is. Unfortunately, Spurs have a reduced capacity this year which takes a chunk out of our profit. Still make a lot though :)
Thanks for the bye into the next round :P

Just kidding, shame the lane is reduced capacity alright but the new stadium progress is fantastic!
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Anybody see Mersons xenophobic comments about the lack of British managers being given premier league gigs and how a British manager like Thierry Henry should have got the Hull job

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He really is a grumpy racist ignorant bigot. The quintessential brexit leave voter
fisgard792

Post by fisgard792 »

DragonKhan wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

Just kidding, shame the lane is reduced capacity alright but the new stadium progress is fantastic!
stadium in fairness looks awesome from the stansted express. will be bigger than the emirates. gold bought the cranes out of his money, in order they couldnt be used leased elsewhere, i hear

however, just tell the spurs players, they might win a trophy and the away win is all but done
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

HighKingLeinster wrote:Anybody see Mersons xenophobic comments about the lack of British managers being given premier league gigs and how a British manager like Thierry Henry should have got the Hull job

He really is a grumpy racist ignorant bigot. The quintessential brexit leave voter
You can be quite funny at times but other times you just try far too hard, shame really
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

DragonKhan wrote:
HurricaneWasp wrote:

We'll be quietly confident. Our current form is spectacular, and we have a striker called Scott Kashket who is incredible. Works perfectly with Akinfenwa.

croyals

Post by croyals »

Great draw, gutted that I wont be there for it.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

HighKingLeinster wrote:Anybody see Mersons xenophobic comments about the lack of British managers being given premier league gigs and how a British manager like Thierry Henry should have got the Hull job

You really are a grumpy ignorant bigot aren't you.
Akkerman

Post by Akkerman »

it's official, 48 teams to for the 2026 WC
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Groups of three x(
Rumham

Post by Rumham »

earl the beaver wrote:Groups of three x(
With penalty shootouts to settle draws. Next will be cheerleaders and shooting t-shirts into the crowd during TV timeouts. The WC is f**ked beyond repair.
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Great win for Spurs. 2nd place now!
Plastic Sarrie

Post by Plastic Sarrie »

We're just so, so poor.

Absolutely passive, rather than having a go at a team we need to beat.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Do piss off Sterling you absolute whinging shitebag.
ScarfaceClaw

Post by ScarfaceClaw »

Everton 3 - 0 over City. Big result for them if they hold it in the next 10 minutes.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

Woo, go team that I totally still follow.
henry

Post by henry »

Pep's reputation is taking a bit of a battering here.
AND-y

Post by AND-y »

henry wrote:Pep's reputation is taking a bit of a battering here.
Conte certainly is winning the battle of all these superstar managers that's occurred this season. Pep and Jose being humbled somewhat.
henry

Post by henry »

AND-y wrote:
henry wrote:Pep's reputation is taking a bit of a battering here.
Conte certainly is winning the battle of all these superstar managers that's occurred this season. Pep and Jose being humbled somewhat.
Jose had quite the rebuilding job to do in fairness - his squad is/was pap. Pep doesn't really have such an excuse. Doesn't seem to be enjoying it either -uppity journalists asking impertinent questions.
genghis khan

Post by genghis khan »

Well that's just f**king glorious.

Pep The Fraud :lol:
Rumham

Post by Rumham »

Pogba is a mystery for 90 million quid. A complete flat track bully. He has been bloody useless again today.
HurricaneWasp

Post by HurricaneWasp »

Pep is the biggest fraud in the history of world football. His boring possession based style is useless and his defence is non-existent.

4-0 :smug: Tom Davies is a future legend. Love him :D
Deadtigers

Post by Deadtigers »

HurricaneWasp wrote:Pep is the biggest fraud in the history of world football. His boring possession based style is useless and his defence is non-existent.

4-0 :smug: Tom Davies is a future legend. Love him :D
That was an exquisite goal and great ball work. Laukau tried to steal it from him like every other forward.
Loads of peopled who hate Pep like myself called it. Without great players in a two team league he struggles. He choked at Bayern too. All Pep has done since Barca is increase the stock of Messi, Iniesta and Xavi, not that those 3 needed it. An

Watched the Man U game Jose got the starting line-up right but subs really wrong. Ibra scored a goal but was too sick and shouldn't have played and Pogba was poor. Plus the KISS system of Rojo and Jones at CB is gonna kill united if those two can't handle simple passes.
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Jose whining about Liverpool being defensive, the hypocrisy after he parked the bus, the JCB and half the Royal Navy at Anfield is startling.