Post by Anonymous 1 »

Winnie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:01 pm
DragonKhan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:19 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:15 pm
DragonKhan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:13 pm

fudge em. Let the football league rebuild without the cancer
Do you understand the meaning of suicide
I do, I don't think it would be suicide. It would hurt but these bastard clubs need to be hammered as much as possible
The tv deals would be ripped up and the clubs would be sued. Suicide
Which clubs would be sued?
the ones who signed up to provide the content. I think they call themselves the premier league. Im guessing some of you have forgotten what nearly happened last season
Winnie

Re: The OFFICIAL English and European Football (soccer) thread

Post by Winnie »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:57 pm
the ones who signed up to provide the content. I think they call themselves the premier league. Im guessing some of you have forgotten what nearly happened last season
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
The rogue six would sue the premier league
The premier league would sue the rogue 6
Someone would sue the other 14?
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

UFEA's fingers hover over nuclear button:

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
UEFA’s Alexander Ceferin confirms: “The players that will play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the World Cup and Euros. Ceferin. They will not be allowed play for their national teams”. 🚫🇪🇺 #SuperLeague
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Winnie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:10 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
If the ones who signed up to provide the content are getting sued what is the mystery as regards who is suing them :roll:

Edit

Fuck off
DragonKhan

Post by DragonKhan »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:29 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
If the ones who signed up to provide the content are getting sued what is the mystery as regards who is suing them :roll:

Edit

Fuck off

No the league was getting sued for potentially not finishing the season. Expulsion of members will not and cannot lead to be being sued
P in VG

Post by P in VG »

I think it's West Hams fault for threatening to get into the Champions League spots........
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?

Edit

Fuck off
:lol:
Do you need a hug?
Petej

Post by Petej »

LandOTurk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:11 pm
Petej wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:54 pm Taking out those teams should make the premiership, la liga and serie A more interesting.
Yep. Go for it. If they have the power ban the players from intl footy too at end of contracts.
What a bunch of arseholes using the pandemic to enact it. Letting abramovich take chelsea and the glazers take man utd was a huge mistake.
earl the beaver

Post by earl the beaver »

Edit: Apparently fake

I see Leeds have changed their website to say they are playing Merseyside Reds tonight rather than Liverpool and then Trafford Reds next week.

terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
Sky etc would refuse to pay to broadcast the matches as their contract would have been breached.
terryfinch

Post by terryfinch »

eldanielfire wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:29 pm UFEA's fingers hover over nuclear button:

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
UEFA’s Alexander Ceferin confirms: “The players that will play in the Super League will be banned from playing in the World Cup and Euros. Ceferin. They will not be allowed play for their national teams”. 🚫🇪🇺 #SuperLeague
Seems wrong to take it out on players. It’s not their idea. They’re not signing any contracts. They just play for their team.
Petej

Post by Petej »

terryfinch wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:13 pm
eldanielfire wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:29 pm UFEA's fingers hover over nuclear button:

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
Seems wrong to take it out on players. It’s not their idea. They’re not signing any contracts. They just play for their team.
They don't have to renew their contracts.
Quins89

Post by Quins89 »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
Don't really understand the situation?
goeagles

Post by goeagles »

Playing devil's advocate for a second...

If the domestic leagues still stay intact, isn't that where the real history and tradition is anyway? Why boot these clubs if they're not trying to change anything about the domestic leagues?

This could allow clubs from smaller countries who can't consistently compete for the Champions League to get competitive at that level. Thinking of the likes of Ajax, Porto, etc.

It seems like what these clubs are trying to do is similar to what happened in European basketball with Euroleague. The domestic competitions still exist and matter but its existence allows teams from weaker domestic leagues or smaller countries to be competitive at the top level.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h

Depending on their admission to domestic leagues this could also breach player contracts where bonuses for domestic performance exist.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

DragonKhan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:54 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?

Edit

Fuck off

No the league was getting sued for potentially not finishing the season. Expulsion of members will not and cannot lead to be being sued
what planet are you living on.
Quins89

Post by Quins89 »

I hope Leeds f**king batter liverpool tonight.
Mick Mannock

Post by Mick Mannock »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
This.

I guess UEFA and FIFA will be under no obligation to schedule matches with any regard to the Super League though.
LandOTurk

Post by LandOTurk »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
This.

I guess UEFA and FIFA will be under no obligation to schedule matches with any regard to the Super League though.
Correct, but make it so that when their contract ends they have to make a choice - Super League or International career. Same happens in rugby.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

terryfinch wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:10 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
Sky etc would refuse to pay to broadcast the matches as their contract would have been breached.
The six have breached the premier league rules and could be thrown out
Sky cannot refuse to pay on that contract if the Premier league abides by its own contract
Sky could sue the 6 clubs
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Mick Mannock wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:03 pm

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
This.

The players could always move to other teams.

I’m certainly hoping Rashford will be the first. He’s the good guy isn’t he.
bimboman

Post by bimboman »

Winnie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:08 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
Sky cannot refuse to pay on that contract if the Premier league abides by its own contract

You are correct. A suit backed by both the PL and the broadcasters would be likely.
mdaclarke

Post by mdaclarke »

bimboman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:11 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?

You are correct. A suit backed by both the PL and the broadcasters would be likely.
Given how Sky have been running the story I can't see them suing the remaining 14
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
Best source of pressure against clubs though.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
1h
World Rugby made the exact same threat.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
didnt realise you had in depth knowledge of the contract. What rules have they breached and what specific sanction allows expulsion for that breach
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:14 pm
Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
didnt realise you had in depth knowledge of the contract. What rules have they breached and what specific sanction allows expulsion for that breach
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

If it happens, most people wont care and will watch it anyway.
Others will move on pretty quick because it's the best football available.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Winnie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm

Sorry I'm confused
Who would sue who here?
I see the clubs are saying they wont bother suing the premier league they will go straight for UEFA and FIFA
WE'LL SUE EU European Super League rebels threaten to sue Fifa AND Uefa if they try to ban clubs from starting breakaway competition
Martin Lipton
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... fa-threat/
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

The sun? :lol:
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:12 pm The sun? :lol:
its not an opinion piece :?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm
It's still the f*cking sun though.
Petej

Post by Petej »

How many games will Arsenal play in kranky prick stadium in LA?

https://mobile.twitter.com/james_corbet ... 4272217088
The plan envisages one off payments of up to €350 million to the fifteen founder members, but only six clubs would receive the full amount with five of the initial members receiving just €100 or €112.5 million.
I'm guessing arsenal and spurs won't be getting the most money. The competition is unbalanced from the beginning.
Anonymous 1

Post by Anonymous 1 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:18 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:16 pm
It's still the f*cking sun though.
its an AP story
Sefton

Post by Sefton »

Klopp being quite clear he doesn’t agree with the decision of the Liverpool owners.
Petej

Post by Petej »

Sefton wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 pm Klopp being quite clear he doesn’t agree with the decision of the Liverpool owners.
Don't think players or managers knew at most clubs.
eldanielfire

Post by eldanielfire »

Sefton wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 pm Klopp being quite clear he doesn’t agree with the decision of the Liverpool owners.
Arteta and the players at Arsenal had no idea until it was news.
ovalball

Post by ovalball »

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:07 pm
Winnie wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:35 pm

I see the clubs are saying they wont bother suing the premier league they will go straight for UEFA and FIFA
WE'LL SUE EU European Super League rebels threaten to sue Fifa AND Uefa if they try to ban clubs from starting breakaway competition
Martin Lipton
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... fa-threat/
Surely FiFa and Uefa need do nothing other than not approve the new league. If the Premier League kick the clubs out for entering an unapproved competition, the Super League will never get off the ground.
Dozy

Post by Dozy »

This is kill the game. No relegation or motivation. Look at the pro 14 .....terrible stuff.