Chat Forum
It is currently Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 876, 877, 878, 879, 880, 881, 882 ... 922  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm 

TheBouncer wrote:
Spurs won’t be back for a hundred years. Knowing that and a 3 week run in probably not conducive to a big time performance.

They were actually the better side. But the early goal skews the flow of the game so who knows how it would have played out if it was level for a while longer.

It was a brutally shit game overall.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:16 pm 

The Christ is Love t-shirt is a bit shit. Imagine Salah with an I dig Allah one on

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:21 pm 

Petej wrote:
Sefton wrote:
How long until Pochettino leaves?

Really is time for spurs to go for it before he leaves. the only owner who invests less than the spurs owners is Toupee Kroenke (who is the only owner in the league who has invested nothing in the club and actually taken money out of it).

Despite their ludicrous spending on dross, I'm pretty sure that the Glazer's haven't invested a dime in United when looking at how much money they've taken out of it. The money spent has been generated by the club - indeed they even bought the club on a mountain of debt that the club is still paying for and will pay for for many years to come. Needless to say the method used to buy United has now been outlawed.

Last edited by Sun Tzu on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:28 pm 

:(

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:29 pm 

Petej wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Really is time for spurs to go for it before he leaves. the only owner who invests less than the spurs owners is Toupee Kroenke (who is the only owner in the league who has invested nothing in the club and actually taken money out of it).

By invest you clearly don’t mean a massive new stadium.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:30 pm 

That was easy money
Wish I'd bet on Sarries as well
Two bankers really

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:33 pm 

Sun Tzu wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
A seriously shite game, the worst European Cup Final I've ever watched.

Hyperbole much? I can think of quite a few that were far worse than tonight.

The first one I remember watching was Juve vs Madrid in 98, which is now the second worst one I've ever watched.

You were about 9 or 10 ish so you say so I suspect your ability to assess the match should be viewed in that light or from that lens
This was the worst I've ever seen tbh and I'm nearly 50

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:37 pm 

91 (Red Star) 92 (Barca) and 93 (Marseilles) were absolutely frightful sh1te!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:40 pm 

c69 wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:

The first one I remember watching was Juve vs Madrid in 98, which is now the second worst one I've ever watched.

You were about 9 or 10 ish so you say so I suspect your ability to assess the match should be viewed in that light or from that lens

That was the 6th best final I’ve seen and I’m over 50.

c69 wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:

I haven't watched it, nor do I intend to, but wasn't Bucherest vs Barcelona in '86 an appalling game where Bucherest played for penalties from the start of the match?

Red Star Vs Marseille 1991. Howling turd of a match.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:41 pm 

Petej wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Sad to see that that bastard's cvntery has spread beyond these shores.

A true piece of shit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:43 pm 

fonzeee wrote:
Petej wrote:
Sefton wrote:

Sad to see that that bastard's cvntery has spread beyond these shores.

A true piece of shit.

In fairness he did make a shrewd business decision by marrying into the Walton Family.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:54 pm 

Quote:
Breaking | Globo in Brazil reporting that Neymar has been accused of raping a woman in Paris on May 15th at 20:20 local time & that an investigation by Brazilian authorities is underway. Accuser, whose identity is being protected, filed the legal action in São Paulo.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:08 pm 

Offence in Paris but accused in Brazil and investigated by Brazilian authorities seems a bit odd.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:27 pm 

More times Champions of Europe than the great Barcelona. :D :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:32 pm 

Sefton wrote:
More times Champions of Europe than the great Barcelona. :D :D

Any time you beat Crusaders on the way to a final counts for fûck all in most people’s eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:38 pm 

:thumbup: At least most of the guys in work will be happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:25 am 

ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Streaker!!!!

And it didn't even bring Yeeb to the thread!? Probably NWS image though she wasn't a 'true' streaker...

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Nieghorn on Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:30 am 

Well done Liverpool.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:34 am 

Nieghorn wrote:
ScarfaceClaw wrote:
Streaker!!!!

And it didn't even bring Yeeb to the thread!? Probably NWS image though she wasn't a 'true' streaker...

Spoiler: show

At best she was a sunbather
If you are going to streak at least get the jabs out

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:31 pm 

The BBC have 12 Liverpool articles on it's sport front page before anything else footie or otherwise is available to click on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:35 pm 

eldanielfire wrote:
The BBC have 12 Liverpool articles on it's sport front page before anything else footie or otherwise is available to click on.

That's grim. I'm glad they won, they really needed to win last night but 12 articles is insane.

Where's the england women's win, or the mens? Or other sports?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:54 pm 

Wendigo7 wrote:
eldanielfire wrote:

That's grim. I'm glad they won, they really needed to win last night but 12 articles is insane.

Where's the england women's win, or the mens? Or other sports?

Both Rugby teams win, Konta through to the QT of a slam, Joshua beaten, a cricket world cup. And the media claims they aren't biased to Liverpool.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 am 

earl the beaver wrote:
Offence in Paris but accused in Brazil and investigated by Brazilian authorities seems a bit odd.

Seems as if it is a completely false accusation from a woman trying to extort cash.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 am 

Quote:
ans responsible for trouble in Porto before Thursday's Nations League semi-final are "not true England supporters" and an "embarrassment to the team", the Football Association has said.

Two England fans were arrested in clashes with riot police on Wednesday night and two officers were injured.

Bottles were thrown at Portuguese fans in a fans' zone as supporters watched Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1.

It was the second night in a row that supporters had caused trouble.

A UK police chief has called their behaviour "completely unacceptable".

There are believed to be 15,000 England supporters in Portugal and around 500 attended Wednesday's game at Porto's Estadio do Dragao.

Some fans are staying in Porto, which is 30 miles away from Guimaraes where England face the Netherlands.

Portuguese police confirmed to BBC Sport: "Two English fans were arrested in Porto due to aggressions to police officers and another was identified because of his behaviour. Two police officers were injured in the intervention."

The trouble comes a week after the FA released their 'Don't be that idiot' campaign, warning fans about anti-social and "embarrassing behaviour".

"The FA strongly condemns the scenes witnessed in Porto overnight," it said in a statement.

"Anyone responsible for these disturbances cannot be seen as true England supporters and are not welcome in football. They are an embarrassment to the team and the thousands of well-behaved fans who follow England in the right way."

'Minority of idiots' - reaction
The Football Supporters' Association, a national fans organisation, said it "unreservedly condemned the anti-social behaviour and violent disorder".

Chief executive Kevin Miles said: "This is exactly the type of incident that Football Banning Orders (FBO) were made for and we're sure the authorities will be seeking to identify perpetrators.

"While the UK police don't have powers of arrest in Portugal they can retrospectively apply for FBOs which stop these people getting into UK stadiums or following England away.

"The most galling aspect of these incidents - which most England fans didn't witness, let alone condone - is that the rest of us will all suffer as a consequence of the reputation perpetuated by this minority of idiots."

Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs' Council football policing lead, said Portuguese riot police were deployed in the main square of Porto against a group of England fans on Wednesday night.

"The behaviour of a small number of the England fans out here continues to tarnish the reputation of the genuine fans who are simply trying to enjoy the football," said Roberts.

"It is believed the fans had been throwing bottles at Portugal fans who were watching the match in the same area.

"This is the second evening in a row where disorder has occurred in Porto. Last night there were issues outside a bar, where bottles were thrown and minor damage was caused.

"The behaviour we are witnessing is incredibly disappointing and again I would point fans towards the recent video from the FA - 'Don't be that idiot'.

More than 100 England fans were arrested in Amsterdam in March 2018, when Gareth Southgate's side played the Netherlands in a friendly.

England were also threatened with disqualification from Euro 2016 but were not formally charged by Uefa, after fan trouble at the tournament,.

But last year's World Cup in Russia passed without any trouble

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48538731

Seriously Englishers.

What the fcuk is wrong with your supporters? Why can't they behave themselves anywhere in Europe. Scum the lot of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:53 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Quote:
ans responsible for trouble in Porto before Thursday's Nations League semi-final are "not true England supporters" and an "embarrassment to the team", the Football Association has said.

Two England fans were arrested in clashes with riot police on Wednesday night and two officers were injured.

Bottles were thrown at Portuguese fans in a fans' zone as supporters watched Portugal beat Switzerland 3-1.

There are believed to be 15,000 England supporters in Portugal and around 500 attended Wednesday's game at Porto's Estadio do Dragao.

Some fans are staying in Porto, which is 30 miles away from Guimaraes where England face the Netherlands.

Portuguese police confirmed to BBC Sport: "Two English fans were arrested in Porto due to aggressions to police officers and another was identified because of his behaviour. Two police officers were injured in the intervention."

The trouble comes a week after the FA released their 'Don't be that idiot' campaign, warning fans about anti-social and "embarrassing behaviour".

"The FA strongly condemns the scenes witnessed in Porto overnight," it said in a statement.

"Anyone responsible for these disturbances cannot be seen as true England supporters and are not welcome in football. They are an embarrassment to the team and the thousands of well-behaved fans who follow England in the right way."

The Football Supporters' Association, a national fans organisation, said it "unreservedly condemned the anti-social behaviour and violent disorder".

Chief executive Kevin Miles said: "This is exactly the type of incident that Football Banning Orders (FBO) were made for and we're sure the authorities will be seeking to identify perpetrators.

"While the UK police don't have powers of arrest in Portugal they can retrospectively apply for FBOs which stop these people getting into UK stadiums or following England away.

"The most galling aspect of these incidents - which most England fans didn't witness, let alone condone - is that the rest of us will all suffer as a consequence of the reputation perpetuated by this minority of idiots."

Deputy chief constable Mark Roberts, the National Police Chiefs' Council football policing lead, said Portuguese riot police were deployed in the main square of Porto against a group of England fans on Wednesday night.

"The behaviour of a small number of the England fans out here continues to tarnish the reputation of the genuine fans who are simply trying to enjoy the football," said Roberts.

"It is believed the fans had been throwing bottles at Portugal fans who were watching the match in the same area.

"This is the second evening in a row where disorder has occurred in Porto. Last night there were issues outside a bar, where bottles were thrown and minor damage was caused.

"The behaviour we are witnessing is incredibly disappointing and again I would point fans towards the recent video from the FA - 'Don't be that idiot'.

More than 100 England fans were arrested in Amsterdam in March 2018, when Gareth Southgate's side played the Netherlands in a friendly.

England were also threatened with disqualification from Euro 2016 but were not formally charged by Uefa, after fan trouble at the tournament,.

Seriously Englishers.

What the fcuk is wrong with your supporters? Why can't they behave themselves anywhere in Europe. Scum the lot of them.

Unfortunately there was far more trouble with Liverpool fans than England fans this past weekend and on their Barcelona trip.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:54 am 

Sun Tzu wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Quote:

Seriously Englishers.

Unfortunately tere was far more trouble with Liverpool fans than England fans this weekend and on their Barcelona trip.

Doesn't answer my point. What is it with you lot? Why can't you show some respect to the country you are visiting? You have no manners or class.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:55 am 

iarmhiman wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
Quote:

Seriously Englishers.

Unfortunately tere was far more trouble with Liverpool fans than England fans this weekend and on their Barcelona trip.

Doesn't answer my point. What is it with you lot? Why can't you show some respect to the country you are visiting? You have no manners or class.

Agreed - Liverpool fans are a classless lot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:01 pm 

I made a mistake, ten years ago I'd have decked the fat plum singing fudge the Pope and the IRA. Not because of his singing but because the fat prick was throwing as much rubbish as he could find into the river

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:02 pm 

sewa wrote:
I made a mistake, ten years ago I'd have decked the fat plum singing fudge the Pope and the IRA. Not because of his singing but because the fat prick was throwing as much rubbish as he could find into the river

Terrible scenes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:14 pm 

C-Ron’s goals last night were pretty sublime, even if he didn’t have his best game ever

Awesome player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm 

I have to say that the current England footy kit looks pretty swish. Got a bit of the 70s and 90s to it.

Despite the 70s being a fashion disaster, the sports kits have acheived cult status. This is by far Welsh fans' favourite:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:43 pm 

sewa wrote:

Internet hard man alert.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:45 pm 

bimboman wrote:
sewa wrote:

Internet hard man alert.

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:22 pm 

England's midfield is bloody awful.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:43 pm 

Struggling to play out but the Dutch have got their press tactics spot on.

Pleased with the lead whilst playing poorly. Dutch at the moment have absolutely fudge all up front.

Dumfries should be sent off though. He’s atrocious.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:46 pm 

Poor mistake from De Ligt for the goal. Put the Dutch don't have any one of the quality further forward of the likes of Robben, Van Persie etc. Surprising Weghorst hasn't had a look in, great scoring record in the Bundesliga this season.

Sancho is a real talent.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pm 

Sun Tzu wrote:
England's midfield is bloody awful.

I think it may be more accurate to say that England have been bloody awful. Sancho has looked good and Chilwell has had some moments, but they are being totally outplayed.

Barkley is starting to show up, and appears to be the only England player who isn't physically dominated by the Dutch. Just a shame that his touch has been so awful that even when he retains possession under pressure he ends up losing it of his own accord anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:50 pm 

De ligt seems like he’s prone one mistake a game?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 876, 877, 878, 879, 880, 881, 882 ... 922  Next