Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Malahide Mullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Malahide Mullet »

Now the new Mass General
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Malahide Mullet on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

I'm going to set up my own political party that is fiscally very conservative and socially very liberal.

Only drawback is I'd make myself king.
Malahide Mullet

ZappaMan wrote:I'm going to set up my own political party that is fiscally very conservative and socially very liberal.

Only drawback is I'd make myself king.

The formula doesn't work.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Why not?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

redderneck wrote:We need a proper meltdown.

160+ independents elected next time out should do nicely. Chuck Brexit and a Trump presidency in for shits n giggles.

I'm not a fan of anarchy per se, but we badly need a blast of it.
Let's be honest, as a country we never were really meant to be taken seriously. The Irish water fiasco is a textbook example of how dysfunctional we are. Kenny has to go asap then we can get serious about a government. f**king FF though, as bad as ever.
Malahide Mullet

Because a large proportion of those on the fiscal right are on the social right also.

Vice versa for social liberals.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

I'm just stating my own preferences (and I believe it's a stance shared by many in Ireland these days).

All irrelevant anyway when I send all dissenters to the gulags in Leitrim.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Malahide Mullet wrote:Now the new Mass General
The principle is the same, Mullet, 3, or 4 storeys of working areas (theatres, test areas , consulting rooms, out patients, etc.etc.) surmounted by a tower with 9 - 10 replicated floors, each floor being a ward in its own right. The cladding will be whatever is architecturally popular, altho' I think Mass. Gen. looks a little too like commercial spec office for my taste.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Just reading there; the non-drivers affected by the driver strikes have all taken holiday time off today so as not to cross the picket lines but not lose a day of pay.

If the clowns keeps this up then the rest of the staff will be fairly furious with them for wasting days off that they would probably want to use for actual holidays.
epaddy

Post by epaddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:Renua was the best hope and half the cúnts on here dismissed them.

You reap what you sow.
Renua :lol: backward Catholic fundie egotist yeah you're alright thanks we're moving on
Renua was Creighton's shower, wasn't it?

They can get fucked.

The Social Democrats seemed reasonable enough, but only had like 5 candidates.
Don't forget the economic policy developed by Eddie Hobbs, who then chickened out of running
That was the policy with a flat tax and removal of all loopholes, except for a new exception for dressage. :lol:

Renua will hang on for the government funding they are entitled to, but they're as good as dead. Mullet will have to hang his hat on the Hibernia forum.
Malahide Mullet

camroc1 wrote:
Malahide Mullet wrote:Now the new Mass General
The principle is the same, Mullet, 3, or 4 storeys of working areas (theatres, test areas , consulting rooms, out patients, etc.etc.) surmounted by a tower with 9 - 10 replicated floors, each floor being a ward in its own right. The cladding will be whatever is architecturally popular, altho' I think Mass. Gen. looks a little too like commercial spec office for my taste.

You have no taste
ID2

Post by ID2 »

If Transdev started training new drivers as soon as the wankers opened their mouths with their ridiculous 50k demands we'd have the new drivers in place by now. Need to the media to get off the fence on this one, it's ridiculous
Malahide Mullet

Hibernia is where it's at ;)
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

ID2 wrote:If Transdev started training new drivers as soon as the wankers opened their mouths with their ridiculous 50k demands we'd have the new drivers in place by now. Need to the media to get off the fence on this one, it's ridiculous
Eh, small problem with that suggestion
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
ID2 wrote:If Transdev started training new drivers as soon as the wankers opened their mouths with their ridiculous 50k demands we'd have the new drivers in place by now. Need to the media to get off the fence on this one, it's ridiculous
Eh, small problem with that suggestion
Not enough apples to go around ? (And I know it was posted yesterday)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kC2XCiSdEE
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

I like the solution of paying the staff more if they agree not to join a union. The free market :lol:
Malahide Mullet

Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

NUI letting the side down. DU, now we elect people sound of mind like Norris. :|

How many NUI Seanad voters are actually young student types and how many are older alumni? The demographics of Seanad voters probably doesn't match what people think of as right-on student types.

I really should register for the Seanad electoral register.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Nolanator wrote:
NUI letting the side down. DU, now we elect people sound of mind like Norris. :|

How many NUI Seanad voters are actually young student types and how many are older alumni? The demographics of Seanad voters probably doesn't match what people think of as right-on student types.

fudge all people vote. The majority aren't on the register I'd say as they give you the registration card at your graduation which gets lost on pint 5 of the day. You have to make an effort to register.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

people don't like baby murder :thumbup:
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Super article
Malahide Mullet

Sure look at the tone on here.

Creighton opposes abortion ergo she is the Pope.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

f**k all people vote. The majority aren't on the register I'd say as they give you the registration card at your graduation which gets lost on pint 5 of the day. You have to make an effort to register.
For us we were given the registration form at the same time as the form to register for our graduation ceremony. I never got round to registering for the Seanad register. Then I graduated again four and a half years later and I did the same thing.
Remembered it when this was coming up but found out that the deadline had passed about three days before.

It really is a crap way of doing things. It's also ridiculous that DCU alumni don't get a vote just because it's a young upstart university.
Malahide Mullet

Nol, do you ever plan on getting a real job?
HighKingLeinster

Nolanator wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

f**k all people vote. The majority aren't on the register I'd say as they give you the registration card at your graduation which gets lost on pint 5 of the day. You have to make an effort to register.
For us we were given the registration form at the same time as the form to register for our graduation ceremony. I never got round to registering for the Seanad register. Then I graduated again four and a half years later and I did the same thing.
Remembered it when this was coming up but found out that the deadline had passed about three days before.

It really is a crap way of doing things. It's also ridiculous that DCU alumni don't get a vote just because it's a young upstart university.
The less knackers that vote in any election the better
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Malahide Mullet wrote:Nol, do you ever plan on getting a real job?
Excuse me, I pay my income tax these days.

I don't know. :(
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

See. It was not abolition of the Seanad that people wanted, it was reform of the Seanad.

But as the Seanad exists to pander to those who feel themselve to be elite, and acts as a sort of limboland for those who claim public spiritidness, acting as a bizarre cross between a New Years Honours List and a Naughty Step; the easiest way to avoid reforming it which might have resulted in diluting it's usefulness to the political elite and seen things getting a bit messy, was to only offer the nuclear option.

It's a crying shame out senior establishment pols aren't quite so ballsy when it comes to putting only the nuclear option on the table when it comes to dealing with out of control unions, public expectations et al.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Malahide Mullet wrote:Sure look at the tone on here.

Creighton opposes abortion ergo she is the Pope.
Irish people are backwards thicks, who would have thought it?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

I voted McDowell 1 and let the rest blank btw. It was some collection of chancers and no hopers on that ballot.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

ZappaMan wrote:I'm just stating my own preferences (and I believe it's a stance shared by many in Ireland these days).

All irrelevant anyway when I send all dissenters to the gulags in Leitrim.
It's popular in the wealthy parts of Dublin and that's about it.
HighKingLeinster

Intel cutting jobs in Ireland. No word on numbers yet

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs ... 68063.html
normilet

Post by normilet »

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0428/784859-irish-water/

SIPTU to the rescue.
The union representing Irish Water employees has said workers will resist any efforts to terminate or change their conditions of employment.

SIPTU's Adrian Kane said it has "made it abundantly clear" to political leaders that workers will not accept any reduction in terms and conditions of employment or any redundancies "that may arise from any reconfiguration" of the organisation.

Speaking on RTÉ's News At One, he said 60 people are directly employed in billing at Irish Water, including billing for commercial water rates, which will continue.

Mr Kane said there may be room for redeployment of staff, but said it is pre-emptive to discuss such options.

Charging for excessive use and water waste, he said, would "surely continue" under any regime the Commission of Inquiry would consider.

Mr Kane said that SIPTU has been consistently of the view that Irish Water should remain in public ownership.

The most effective way to build a 21st century water infrastructure for the State was through a single public utility, he said.

Water infrastructure 'old and crumbling'

The Director General of Engineers Ireland has said Ireland's water infrastructure has been inadequately maintained for many years and requires significant investment.

Speaking on RTÉ’s Morning Ireland, Caroline Spillane said that decades of under investment means that the system is unable to meet demand.

She said that while the local authorities have done a good job with the resources available to them, a single utility would have given Ireland an opportunity to have long-term planning on a national level.

Ireland's water system poses public health and environmental risks, she said.

"Almost half of our treated water isn't even reaching our pipes.

"The water supply to over 700,000 people is at risk of contamination every single day.

"We have about 20,000 people right now on boil water notices.

"Our infrastructure is old and crumbling. We have raw sewage being pumped into our rivers and waterways.

"We have 180,000 properties at risk from contamination from lead pipes and the European Commission has a case against Ireland over failure to protect our rivers and coastal ways," she added.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Nolanator wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Graduated from DCu in 2005. Can I vote?
nardol

Post by nardol »

is dcu a university these days? :O

Like a proper one where you need more than 200 points to get in?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

So we set up Irish Water with no loss of jobs and therefore redundant employees and then dismantle it with no loss of jobs and even more redundant employees?

We're going to look back in 40 years and realise we're paying people 100k to confirm that it is indeed raining, aren't we?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote:So we set up Irish Water with no loss of jobs and therefore redundant employees and then dismantle it with no loss of jobs and even more redundant employees?

We're going to look back in 40 years and realise we're paying people 100k to confirm that it is indeed raining, aren't we?
In 40 yrs ?

If FG play this right, and FF come to their senses, the commission will report in 9 months time that the original proposal was correct, there will be some minor adjustments to spare FFs blushes, and billing can start again, with some sort of credit for those who have paid already.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

HighKingLeinster wrote:Intel cutting jobs in Ireland. No word on numbers yet

http://www.independent.ie/business/jobs ... 68063.html
Interesting. They invested massively in the fab in Intel last year, so it's one of their important plants. Hopefully they don't cut too much.

They really need to find a way into the mobile devices market. PC sales are through the floor and a lot of their business is made up of corporate level stuff. Servers and infrastructure and so on.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:So we set up Irish Water with no loss of jobs and therefore redundant employees and then dismantle it with no loss of jobs and even more redundant employees?

In 40 yrs ?

If FG play this right, and FF come to their senses, the commission will report in 9 months time that the original proposal was correct, there will be some minor adjustments to spare FFs blushes, and billing can start again, with some sort of credit for those who have paid already.
Hopefully.

The 40 years thing was referencing some of the jobs that still exist in the public sector (maybe existed, not sure if they're all gone) despite the job itself being redundant because 40 years ago progress wasn't enough of an excuse to either reassign or make redundant a public sector worker.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

paddyor wrote:Graduated from DCu in 2005. Can I vote?
Nope. Only NUI and DU (TCD) graduates can.

nardol wrote:is dcu a university these days? :O
Like a proper one where you need more than 200 points to get in?
I'll give you a second to re-read the three letters in the name, particularly the third one, and then let you come back to me and see if you still want to ask the question.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Why on earth would they dismantle it? It's just so f**king depressing. A bunch of wasters don't want to pay for drinkable water well boo hoo it's a utility and it needs to be paid for. The biggest fudge up IMO was the decision to drop metering/pay as you use. Once that went it was a lame duck. Don't even mention the water conservation grant, just how he fudge did they think that was a good idea.