All things Rugby
Malahide Mullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Malahide Mullet »

I was in my Swiss.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

People involved in student politics are the worst human beings in the world.

Worse than scrum-halves.
Malahide Mullet

I'd have them neck and neck with SIPTU officials
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Imagine, going to Trinity, studying law, being a student politician and also a protestant.
Malahide Mullet

Who used to work for a Union
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

CM11 wrote:Can't find the election thread. Anyway, Minister Shane Ross, eh? x(
That is so fcuking depressing. He has not had an original thought in his head, ever.
crouchy

Post by crouchy »

I fcuking hate students, and I used to be one.

Student activists and union types are the worst. Scourge of the earth the crusty little fcukbags.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

The Sun God wrote:
That is so fcuking depressing. He has not had an original thought in his head, ever.
Make him a junior minister for agriculture. Win-win.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Minister for Womens Affairs, he'll pack some punch in that Portfolio.
Rumham

Post by Rumham »

LeinsterLion wrote:
Rumham wrote:I'm doing this tomorrow as well actually. I have no proof of living in Ireland and I'm hoping it is just bring the old license and they reissue a new one.
Cool, you can be my guinea pig so ;) Let me know how you get on!

No drama at all as long as you are renewing only. They accept that any documents shown previously i.e. proof of PPSN, utility bills etc... don't need to be brought in again which is what I was hoping. You just need your current license, fill out the form and pay 55 euros. New license in the post within 2 weeks. Grand job.
epaddy

Post by epaddy »

Looks like this new Government might be over before it begins. What an utter farce.
Malahide Mullet

Time for a new pair of shoes
nardol

Post by nardol »

cammy or someone else - could you flog up the IT article on capacity at dublin airport? Ive run through my allotted allowance for today :D

and i couldnt be arsed going to the other side of the office to pick up a free copy
ID2

Post by ID2 »

nardol wrote:cammy or someone else - could you flog up the IT article on capacity at dublin airport? Ive run through my allotted allowance for today :D

and i couldnt be arsed going to the other side of the office to pick up a free copy

Bottlenecks at Dublin Airport could threaten its long-term expansion plans, according to the chief executive of Aer Lingus’s owner, Willie Walsh.
The airport expects to beat 2015’s record of 25 million passengers this year but its success is putting pressure on aircraft parking and taxi-ways, leading to delays for disembarking passengers.
Mr Walsh, chief executive International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG), owner of Aer Lingus and British Airways, said that the company would not expand its services from Dublin if the infrastructure was not there to support it.
Aer Lingus is launching three new transatlantic routes this year, to LA, Newark New Jersey and Hartford Connecticut, and is weighing adding another service to the US in 2017.
However, Mr Walsh warned that the airline would not accelerate its growth plans if Dublin does not tackle the constraints. “We cannot keep putting aircraft there if we have nowhere to park them,” he said.
Aer Lingus and Ryanair ‘close to a passenger sharing deal’
Aer Lingus set to offer wifi on long-haul flights
The airport plans to build a bus terminus at terminal two, but Mr Walsh believes that there are cheaper and more efficient ways of tackling the problem, including covered walkways and building new aircraft stands.
He argued that Aer LIngus and British Airways customers do not want to be bussed from their craft. “I doubt any airline is saying to Dublin Airport Authority can you build us a bus terminal please?,” he said.
IAG and Ryanair support Dublin’s plans to build a new runway, although they have expressed doubts about the proposed €320 million cost as the original figure was meant to be €250 million.
Mr Walsh agreed that the new runway is needed but stressed that it would have no impact on the current problems, which he warned that the airport needs to tackle quickly if it is to fulfil its ambitions to develop a hub for transatlantic flights.
He was speaking following the inaugural British Airways flight from London’s Heathrow Airport to US tech capitol San Jose in California, the first direct European service to the American city.
New transatlantic route
Mr Walsh indicated that Aer Lingus could add a new US destination next year and that it is also considering boosting capacity on some of its existing services.
IAG bought the Irish airline to expand the group’s overall transatlantic business by feeding passengers to its north American flights from Dublin and Shannon.
The deal was done nine months after the group first approached Aer Lingus in December 2014 and included commitments on maintaining the Irish airline’s links to Heathrow.
It was only after those terms were agreed that the Government parted with its 25 per cent stake in the airline.
Dublin-born Mr Walsh, who is a former chief executive of Aer Lingus, acknowledged that the complex politics involved in the takeover process could have forced a non-Irish chief executive to walk away from the transaction. “The fact that I’m Irish did help,” he said.
nardol

Post by nardol »

thank you kind sir
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

This one ?

It's the Chief Executive of an operator doing what they all do, kicking the infrastructure provider for not providing exactly what they want, read, I don't want landing fees to increase.
Dublin Airport capacity issues could hurt expansion - Walsh
Aer Lingus owner says airline will not expand here if airport does not tackle bottlenecka

about 5 hours ago
Barry O'Halloran in San Jose, California
Aer Lingus is weighing adding another service to the US in 2017
Aer Lingus is weighing adding another service to the US in 2017

Bottlenecks at Dublin Airport could threaten its long-term expansion plans, according to the chief executive of Aer Lingus’s owner, Willie Walsh.
The airport expects to beat 2015’s record of 25 million passengers this year but its success is putting pressure on aircraft parking and taxi-ways, leading to delays for disembarking passengers.
Mr Walsh, chief executive International Consolidated Airlines Group (IAG), owner of Aer Lingus and British Airways, said that the company would not expand its services from Dublin if the infrastructure was not there to support it.
Aer Lingus is launching three new transatlantic routes this year, to LA, Newark New Jersey and Hartford Connecticut, and is weighing adding another service to the US in 2017.
However, Mr Walsh warned that the airline would not accelerate its growth plans if Dublin does not tackle the constraints. “We cannot keep putting aircraft there if we have nowhere to park them,” he said.
Aer Lingus and Ryanair ‘close to a passenger sharing deal’
Aer Lingus set to offer wifi on long-haul flights
The airport plans to build a bus terminus at terminal two, but Mr Walsh believes that there are cheaper and more efficient ways of tackling the problem, including covered walkways and building new aircraft stands.
He argued that Aer LIngus and British Airways customers do not want to be bussed from their craft. “I doubt any airline is saying to Dublin Airport Authority can you build us a bus terminal please?,” he said.
IAG and Ryanair support Dublin’s plans to build a new runway, although they have expressed doubts about the proposed €320 million cost as the original figure was meant to be €250 million.
Mr Walsh agreed that the new runway is needed but stressed that it would have no impact on the current problems, which he warned that the airport needs to tackle quickly if it is to fulfil its ambitions to develop a hub for transatlantic flights.
He was speaking following the inaugural British Airways flight from London’s Heathrow Airport to US tech capitol San Jose in California, the first direct European service to the American city.
New transatlantic route
Mr Walsh indicated that Aer Lingus could add a new US destination next year and that it is also considering boosting capacity on some of its existing services.
IAG bought the Irish airline to expand the group’s overall transatlantic business by feeding passengers to its north American flights from Dublin and Shannon.
The deal was done nine months after the group first approached Aer Lingus in December 2014 and included commitments on maintaining the Irish airline’s links to Heathrow.
It was only after those terms were agreed that the Government parted with its 25 per cent stake in the airline.
Dublin-born Mr Walsh, who is a former chief executive of Aer Lingus, acknowledged that the complex politics involved in the takeover process could have forced a non-Irish chief executive to walk away from the transaction. “The fact that I’m Irish did help,” he said.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
MrBunhead wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:Prime Time did a thing on Quinn's business just there. Farkin hell but they're rednecks up there.
On Sean Quinn?

Must watch it so, I find that whole thing so compelling. Like driving by a car crash or something!

The guy just does what he wants, legality be f**k, and the locals love him for it.
Funny that, I wonder where the money came from to start his business?
IDA and govt grants.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Minister for Womens Affairs, he'll pack some punch in that Portfolio.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Aib happy with a 2.2% pay increase... hear that luas scum?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ZappaMan wrote:I like Ross.
Well smack me in the chops and call me Charlo but they haven't gone and made him a minister
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

UP MAYO!

This is a load of auld bollocks tbf
Last edited by Gavin Duffy on Fri May 06, 2016 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

The upside to Ross is that he can actually talk.
The downside is that he has just sold out those who didn't vote for FG.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Ross is just an urban pothole fixer, who loves grandstanding with his weird faux-english accent.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

So which minister did you get? I mean as in most closely aligned to your work. I got Zappone which considering we just had O'Reilly, who literally couldn't have given a fûck, shows that the ministry is both unimportant and now viewed as something to have a laugh about. From a glutton to a feminist- should have done commerce
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

What c*nt is in charge of the Department of the Environment?

Can't see Shane Ross lasting too long in Transport, given his track record (no pun intended).
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:What c*nt is in charge of the Department of the Environment?

Can't see Shane Ross lasting too long in Transport, given his track record (no pun intended).
Coveney.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:What c*nt is in charge of the Department of the Environment?

Coveney.
Meh, could have been worse.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Shane Ross minister for transport sorry but cammy will have f**king flipped :lol: :lol: :lol:

Varadkar and Harris very interesting.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Have they altered some of the ministries slightly?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Malahide Mullet wrote:I was in my Swiss.
I worked with a past president from UCD, KBC by the way. My...God...and I will leave it there
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Leinsterman wrote:Have they altered some of the ministries slightly?
With MMOC after getting in I reckon everything is altered slightly
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

FFS, I've just seen the cabinet position she's been offered :uhoh:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Leinsterman wrote:FFS, I've just seen the cabinet position she's been offered :uhoh:
Beggars belief really. Did you see the new cabinet photo ' HIYA'S IT'S MEEEEEEEE MARY'
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

HIYA
Spoiler: show
HERE I AM
Spoiler: show
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Regina Doherty is in there. Called that back on the GE thread!
LeinsterLion

Post by LeinsterLion »

Rumham wrote:
LeinsterLion wrote:
Rumham wrote:I'm doing this tomorrow as well actually. I have no proof of living in Ireland and I'm hoping it is just bring the old license and they reissue a new one.
Cool, you can be my guinea pig so ;) Let me know how you get on!

No drama at all as long as you are renewing only. They accept that any documents shown previously i.e. proof of PPSN, utility bills etc... don't need to be brought in again which is what I was hoping. You just need your current license, fill out the form and pay 55 euros. New license in the post within 2 weeks. Grand job.
:thumbup: Thanks
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Just heard SR's speech in the dail - as nauseating and it was deluded. He got in on the back of fixing the potholes/reopening a Garda station and now he's preaching about "new politics". The guy who didn't want to invest in Dublin airport is now minister for transport. He was also a major cheerleader for Anglo. This would be hilarious if it wasn't my country :?
nardol

Post by nardol »

Humphries a bint that doesn't speak a word if irish is again minister for the gealtacht.....

The quality of women in govt is f**king appalling. These moral quotas are rubbish. Ability not just vaginas.
Last edited by nardol on Sat May 07, 2016 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Duff Paddy wrote:Just heard SR's speech in the dail - as nauseating and it was deluded. He got in on the back of fixing the potholes/reopening a Garda station and now he's preaching about "new politics". The guy who didn't want to invest in Dublin airport is now minister for transport. He was also a major cheerleader for Anglo. This would be hilarious if it wasn't my country :?
He's no more or less of a chancer than any other person who wants to be in politics.
Was happy enough in the Seannad until it was threatened with being canned.
Made his move to become TD at the right time. Tops the polls in DLR.
Like it or not, it does signify that a huge number of educated, middle class people from South Dublin didn't want to vote for FG, FF, or Labour. So who else would be left if you didn't want the Shinners?

It's going to be very interesting to see if SR has shot himself in the foot, aiding Inda to remain as Taoiseach. Many would not have voted for him on that basis.
However, it remains to be seen what influence he will have on government
policy, both at National and 50m swimming pool please level.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

It should be quite a united cabinet, as the non FG people are mostly from the 'FG family'. Naughton and Creed were independent in name only, Ross is ex FG, and Zappone has voted for Enda from the beginning so may as well be.