Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Trostan

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Trostan »

camroc1 wrote:How about Mary Lou's idea of having Orange Parades in every town in the country ?

Can yoou walk that walk ?
Surely, March that march.

All together...

It was old but it was beautiful... narnie, narnie, narn
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:It’s a non issue for most non politically involved people. They only care about the big issues - health and homelessness.
That's just not true as in the former
Maybe it’s just my circle - nobody I known seems to give a shit but they are always banging on about the other issues
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

The leader of our security services whose loyalty lies with another state
Do you think that’s the case? He seems to be doing a good job so far. I think part of the issue is that we are in the fairly unique position of having policing and state intelligence run under the same umbrella, we should probably have a separate MI5 like operation
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

EverReady wrote:Me? No. No I can't. I think it is an anachronism and its sole purpose is to antagonise neighbours. I have also been clear that I don't believe we can unite. A big ruck of an all island civil war a hundred years ago and maybe we would be alright by now, probably not tbf, but it is too late for that now. The Brits need to keep on picking up the bill and we need to not be stupid enough to be rail roaded into anything mental like unification. That is why Drew Harris was such a stupid idea. The leader of our security services whose loyalty lies with another state. I'm no Shinner but in our attempts to be down with the kids we are making some head scratching decisions.
:uhoh:
Lay off the sauce, or get out of whatever FB groups you've been frequenting in your time off. He was deemed best fit for the role at a time when the Gards were in need of overhaul at the top level and they needed someone external with no prior connections/history within the organisation.

Would you be moaning if a Scottish person got the job?
Last edited by Nolanator on Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote:It’s a non issue for most non politically involved people. They only care about the big issues - health and homelessness.
Actually its completely the opposite.

It's my friends who dont give a shit about politics commenting on this.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Fair enough. I just think that that particular sentiment is veering wildly in the direction of idiot Shinnerbot conspiracy nonsense.
Trostan

Post by Trostan »

They'll try to get this election over before the divisiveness of the centennial hits.
I'd imagine the Shinners will try to throw a few grenades in about the glorious dead.

Economy, employment, Brexit, education, foreign issues, The North (now) all non-runners
I'd agree its health and homelessness that the FFers will focus on in the East.
More local issues south and west.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Mullet 2 wrote:

This is my inclination, too. Granted, there's a certain amount of people making noise on social media, because it's the mot du jour, while they're not normally politically aware, but dismissing the blowback against the RIC stuff is not the right way to move forward.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

This was a major fudge up by The Brand and Charlie Flanagan regardless of what our FG ultras think. The negative reaction has been widespread across all political supporters and those that don’t have any affiliation.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote:

All your friends are FF though Mr echo chamber
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

ER/Nols - where have i said that the RIC tub thumping nonsense was the preserve of the left?

I stated clearly that it was the preserve of the politically immature .... regardless of party

bar stool republicans exist across all parties unfortunately ..... and all they have succeeding in doing with their wolfe tones fvckology, is set back the UI agenda significantly, by showing that they are miles away from understanding what reconciliation on this island actually looks like.

90% of irish people purportedly want a UI, but they simultaneously seem want to tell unionists they cant commemorate the Ulster volunteers or the B-specials ...... the two positions are entirely incompatible .... which is the very definition of political immaturity

imagine trying to have a shared flag or anthem at some stage in the future, based on the antics of the past week?

And I'm the delusional one? :lol:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:

All your friends are FF though Mr echo chamber
Yeah because party members hate politics
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

You know the nauseating series of articles the IT runs about Irish people living abroad - well another of these click baity articles appeared on my feed this morning. Just amazed at what the IT will print these days
But not all the changes are so comforting. My parents have downsized, moved out of town to the coast. A lot of my friends still live in London, or are married and expecting. Homeless people who could be my cousin or an old teacher line the streets and die in doorways. The Government eschews collecting Apple’s corporation tax, yet the public is still picking up the pieces of the fallout in 2008.
“Homeless people line the streets” what the fudge? There is an estimated 130 rough sleepers in Dublin City. How the fudge is this stuff allowed to be published in a reputable newspaper?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

The fúcking hilarious part is that all the lads who dont give a fúck about a United Ireland and in furlongs case is actively against it

But he's shiteing on for four days that no murdering tan commemoration has set it back.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Mullet 2 wrote:The fúcking hilarious part is that all the lads who dont give a fúck about a United Ireland and in furlongs case is actively against it

But he's shiteing on for four days that no murdering tan commemoration has set it back.
A blueshirt can't pass up an opportunity to patronise or condescend. I suspect that's the real reason nobody wanted to go to their little party.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

alliswell wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:The fúcking hilarious part is that all the lads who dont give a fúck about a United Ireland and in furlongs case is actively against it

A blueshirt can't pass up an opportunity to patronise or condescend. I suspect that's the real reason nobody wanted to go to their little party.
Well if that’s the case then at least be honest about it, instead of pretending it was all about defending Erins proud name armed only with Wolfe tones classic hits :lol:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

rfurlong wrote:
I stated clearly that it was the preserve of the politically immature .... regardless of party
I disagree and think you're living in a parallel universe if you think that. Is everyone who disagrees with you politically immature?
On the evidence of this, yes.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Duff Paddy wrote:You know the nauseating series of articles the IT runs about Irish people living abroad - well another of these click baity articles appeared on my feed this morning. Just amazed at what the IT will print these days
But not all the changes are so comforting. My parents have downsized, moved out of town to the coast. A lot of my friends still live in London, or are married and expecting. Homeless people who could be my cousin or an old teacher line the streets and die in doorways. The Government eschews collecting Apple’s corporation tax, yet the public is still picking up the pieces of the fallout in 2008.
“Homeless people line the streets” what the fudge? There is an estimated 130 rough sleepers in Dublin City. How the fudge is this stuff allowed to be published in a reputable newspaper?
They should walk around Southampton city centre, it's genuinely disconcerting, the number of rough sleepers here.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
I disagree and think you're living in a parallel universe if you think that. Is everyone who disagrees with you politically immature?
Talk about moving the goalposts :lol:

You falsely said that I was leveling the “politically immature” charge at the doors of left wing voters. I pointed out that I was leveling the charge against everyone who was losing their shit over the RIC event

So What exactly do you disagree with? The thread is there for you to review. Show me evidence that I leveled the charge against left wing voters or else put a sock in it
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

rfurlong wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

You falsely said that I was leveling the “politically immature” charge at the doors of left wing voters. I pointed out that I was leveling the charge against everyone who was losing their shit over the RIC event

So What exactly do you disagree with? The thread is there for you to review. Show me evidence that I leveled the charge against left wing voters or else put a sock in it
The only one losing their shit was you.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

The only one losing their shit was you.
:lol:

I, like most others, never even knew the event was happening, until twitter republicans and mullets echo chamber went into overdrive
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

rfurlong wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Forgive me for misrepresenting who you were giving out about. Usually it's lefties, so I may have paraphrased incorrectly based on your posting history.

Forget I said lefties. Some people are losing their shit at the RIC business, others just don't think it's appropriate (I'm in this camp). You're levelling insults at anyone who differs in opinion from you.

I disagree with you that only politically immature people are/were against the RIC commemoration. There are lots of things that "politically immature" people spout on about that I don't agree on, but in this instance I'm with them. I still think FG are probably the best option for givernment, but they've completely lost control of the narrative on several social issues and have firmly put their foot in their collective mouth on more than one occasion, which only feeds the more frantic online bile.
I think this whole episode is something that they got very wrong and completely misjudged public opinion.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

rfurlong wrote:I, like most others, never even knew the event was happening, until twitter republicans and mullets echo chamber went into overdrive
I heard about it when I read about it on the IT website, without any opinion proffered on the appropriateness of the event. The Twitter frothing came a day or two later.
I'm sure other people are capable of keeping abreast of the news without waiting to see what the Shinnerbots are focused on.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

Forgive me for misrepresenting who you were giving out about. Usually it's lefties, so I may have paraphrased incorrectly based on your posting history.

Forget I said lefties. Some people are losing their shit at the RIC business, others just don't think it's appropriate (I'm in this camp). You're levelling insults at anyone who differs in opinion from you.

I disagree with you that only politically immature people are/were against the RIC commemoration. There are lots of things that "politically immature" people spout on about that I don't agree on, but in this instance I'm with them. I still think FG are probably the best option for givernment, but they've completely lost control of the narrative on several social issues and have firmly put their foot in their collective mouth on more than one occasion, which only feeds the more frantic online bile.
I think this whole episode is something that they got very wrong and completely misjudged public opinion.
I agree FG misjudged public opinion ..... mostly down to the fact that the public are a lot further away from acceptance of the consequences of a UI, than the public think they are ....
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Nolanator wrote:
rfurlong wrote:I, like most others, never even knew the event was happening, until twitter republicans and mullets echo chamber went into overdrive
I heard about it when I read about it on the IT website, without any opinion proffered on the appropriateness of the event. The Twitter frothing came a day or two later.
I'm sure other people are capable of keeping abreast of the news without waiting to see what the Shinnerbots are focused on.
Fair enough ..... I’m just not as sure as you are re: the lack of susceptibility of public opinion to shinnerbot influence
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

rfurlong wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
Fair enough ..... I’m just not as sure as you are re: the lack of susceptibility of public opinion to shinnerbot influence
In certain spaces (Twitter/comments sections), the perpetually outraged have significant voice, just based on the volume of posts/commets/etc. I think the Shinnerbot types certainly have influence there, no doubt. I suspect, however, that those spaces are already heavily populated with people with similar views, though. I don't know how effectively they skew general public opinion.

Onine outrage definitely escalates things, but I don't know to what extent it actually helps people form a new opinion.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Nolanator wrote:
I dont think he knows what echo chamber means :lol:
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

I’m not sure that the very strong reaction to the RIC commemoration had much to do with the commemoration itself, but instead was a reaction to the sanctimonious nature of Flannigan’s response to Criticism and the way in which the word maturity gets thrown around by FG when it comes to their liberal agenda. And it’s not helped by having a sanctimonious prick like Simon Harris who always seems deeply concerned to demonstrate compassion for any Woke cause, but similarly can not manage basic competence. Considering that the economy has been running on autopilot for the past five years, FG will find that they will get a little credit for it in the next election. FF Will fancy their chances in an election campaign against Varadkar as all the evidence suggests that he gets quite touchy and bitchy when criticised.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Adetroy wrote:I’m not sure that the very strong reaction to the RIC commemoration had much to do with the commemoration itself, but instead was a reaction to the sanctimonious nature of Flannigan’s response to Criticism and the way in which the word maturity gets thrown around by FG when it comes to their liberal agenda. And it’s not helped by having a sanctimonious prick like Simon Harris who always seems deeply concerned to demonstrate compassion for any Woke cause, but similarly can not manage basic competence. Considering that the economy has been running on autopilot for the past five years, FG will find that they will get a little credit for it in the next election. FF Will fancy their chances in an election campaign against Varadkar as all the evidence suggests that he gets quite touchy and bitchy when criticised.
Now that really is shinner bottism 101.

I'm not against x in principal, I'm just against the way it is being sold.

Go give yourself a swift uppercut, and let the adults discuss politics.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Yes Cam

Everyone is a shinnerbot
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

camroc1 wrote: Now that really is shinner bottism 101.

I'm not against x in principal, I'm just against the way it is being sold.

Go give yourself a swift uppercut, and let the adults discuss politics.
There was plenty of this going on during the 8th amendment and marriage referenda. Not from Shinners either.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Oh God yeah
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Topping out at 15% is not the problem.

Being invited into coalition by FF is where the danger lays ...... for all of us
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Another day, another pathetic furlong lie.

Nobody has been stronger on the Shinners than Martin and unlike you and your deep concern for a United Ireland we're engaging them both sides of the border.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Mullet 2 wrote:Another day, another pathetic furlong lie.

Nobody has been stronger on the Shinners than Martin and unlike you and your deep concern for a United Ireland we're engaging them both sides of the border.
How is a forecast a lie?

Flounce bet ..... if FF enter coalition negotiations with SF you take a break from here for 3 months

If FG do the same, I’ll skip town for good
Diego

Post by Diego »

*votes FG 1, SF 2*
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

A bounce bet on two events that won't happen?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Diego wrote:*votes FG 1, SF 2*
:lol:
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Mullet 2 wrote:Another day, another pathetic furlong lie.

FF should stay away from the North if they want to be seen as a mature party. The Tories getting into bed with the DUP was a disaster.

Martin competes with SF for votes, that says a lot about FF and the type of people they go after. Like it or not.