Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
JoeMangled

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by JoeMangled »

Shiteing myself for the country. Very strange times to be living in. Good luck lads.
Derwyn

Post by Derwyn »

Gavin Duffy wrote:We've never been accused of stoicism before.
And now we can see why
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Stoicism is for pussy whipped fools.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Trump is just the worst possible president for the worst possible crisis.
The harshest possible lesson for voters to learn.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Mullet 2 wrote:
nardol wrote:If it makes you lot feel any better other half being tested for corona :thumbup:

Temperature and feels a bit meh. Otherwise fine.
Good thing you thought your trip to 5 countries was so fúcking funny
I've been tested, I'm clear
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Floppykid wrote:Trump is just the worst possible president for the worst possible crisis.
I was wondering about that myself. I wonder if more people will see him for what he is.
Think it was ER who said that Trump is just allergic to bad news. He genuinely doesn't know how to deal with it, process it, or discuss it.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Well I mean he's a gameshow host with absolutely no moral rectitude.
He became president as a vanity project without the capacity intellectually or morally to grasp what he was really doing.
HRC was such a superior candidate, but also uniquely unsuited to getting elected.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Decent article and a bit of a relief regarding our machine capacity as in we have 250 ventilators. Problem is staff working them https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4201544
JoeyFantastic

Post by JoeyFantastic »

Simon Coveney is painfully unsure when talking about topics he isn't fully up to speed on. It might be a sign of honesty on his part, but it's not reassuring.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

JoeyFantastic wrote:Simon Coveney is painfully unsure when talking about topics he isn't fully up to speed on. It might be a sign of honesty on his part, but it's not reassuring.
Totally agree. He has been very poor the last week. Think it was Blackrock Bullet who rubbished my suggestion Coveney was the bee's knees and I think he is right. I am not sure what he is going for but he has seemed sort of panicked and sounded ill informed. I now get the Paschal love
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

If I had to pick someone who I'd like to get infected, I'd pick Miriam. She's one of the prime examples of how the media has been dumbed down over the last few years
"Why didn't you ban all the Italian rug y fans from travelling last weekend?"
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Nolanator wrote:
Floppykid wrote:Trump is just the worst possible president for the worst possible crisis.
I was wondering about that myself. I wonder if more people will see him for what he is.
Think it was ER who said that Trump is just allergic to bad news. He genuinely doesn't know how to deal with it, process it, or discuss it.
I think his line is still true that if he walked down 5th Avenue and shot someone his base would still love him. His numbers didn't drop for his s shakedown of the Ukraine ffs
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

EverReady wrote:Decent article and a bit of a relief regarding our machine capacity as in we have 250 ventilators. Problem is staff working them https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4201544
Or maybe its 62 ventilators...everything u need to know about the hse right there
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Leinsterman wrote:If I had to pick someone who I'd like to get infected, I'd pick Miriam. She's one of the prime examples of how the media has been dumbed down over the last few years
I'd pick Graham Dwyer if we're playing this game to pass the time.
Stevus55

Post by Stevus55 »

Yeah I don’t think many people will be turned off by this if they haven’t been turned off already. Trumps whole game of ignoring issues and then blaming other people really works unfortunately.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Leinsterman wrote:If I had to pick someone who I'd like to get infected, I'd pick Miriam. She's one of the prime examples of how the media has been dumbed down over the last few years
Moany bitch.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Stevus55 wrote:Yeah I don’t think many people will be turned off by this if they haven’t been turned off already. Trumps whole game of ignoring issues and then blaming other people really works unfortunately.
Biden's done well to paint a fairly decent contrast between the two of them.
We'll see, not sure about anything over these next few months.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
EverReady wrote:Decent article and a bit of a relief regarding our machine capacity as in we have 250 ventilators. Problem is staff working them https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ ... -1.4201544
Or maybe its 62 ventilators...everything u need to know about the hse right there
I think they are saying they have purchased extra and the journo has badly worded that paragraph
JoeyFantastic

Post by JoeyFantastic »

A depressing side impact of this Prime Time is the calibre of expert they've lined up is highlighting just how poor our average politician is. As to be expected, most of the guys on tonight are leagues ahead of the politicians usually lined up.

Can't be imagining it, the calibre of politician is in decline here, right?
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

It's impressive how the Express brigade on here fall in lockstep with every decision the Tory government makes .
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I would say Blathnaid only we would have to listen to her survival stories
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

@Joey

Not sure. One of the biggest problems is if a decent politician speaks with authority they get shouted down for being condescending.
If they don't try to shout down the mouth-breathers, they get accused of being weak. They can't fcuking win.
Last edited by Leinsterman on Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

JoeyFantastic wrote:A depressing side impact of this Prime Time is the calibre of expert they've lined up is highlighting just how poor our average politician is. As to be expected, most of the guys on tonight are leagues ahead of the politicians usually lined up.

Eh?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

JoeyFantastic wrote:A depressing side impact of this Prime Time is the calibre of expert they've lined up is highlighting just how poor our average politician is. As to be expected, most of the guys on tonight are leagues ahead of the politicians usually lined up.

Panicked by quotas and the independents are farcical. The Shinners are mostly :lol: :x :lol:
Stevus55

Post by Stevus55 »

Floppykid wrote:
Stevus55 wrote:Yeah I don’t think many people will be turned off by this if they haven’t been turned off already. Trumps whole game of ignoring issues and then blaming other people really works unfortunately.
Biden's done well to paint a fairly decent contrast between the two of them.
We'll see, not sure about anything over these next few months.
Curious to see how it plays out. There’s some amazing hypocrisy already, Trump supporters hitting Biden over senility and being creepy towards women :|
JoeyFantastic

Post by JoeyFantastic »

Leinsterman wrote:@Joey

Not sure. One of the biggest problems is if a decent politician speaks with authority they get shouted down for being condescending.
If they don't try to shout down the mouth-breathers, they get accused of being weak. They can't fcuking win.
There is truth in that but looking across the Dail and thinking who would be a better Minister for Health than Harris and there's hardly a rake of decent options, and Harris is (imo) pretty poor.

Naturally, guys who are experts in their fields are going to be impressive people, but it's pretty stark contrast.
JoeyFantastic

Post by JoeyFantastic »

EverReady wrote:

Panicked by quotas and the independents are farcical. The Shinners are mostly :lol: :x :lol:
SF haven't worked out their angle yet. They need to cover as many options as possible so when things go wring they have a plausible line of "oh, we told you on X that the right thing to do was etc". Useless hurlers on the ditch the lot of them.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

This.

Normally everyones opinion, from the expert to the knowledgeable politician to the mouth breather is given equal status by the media.

The only reason experts are being listened to now, is because everyone fears a visit from the plague doctor.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

God why do I watch The Tonight Show for even a second .
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

It's ok I switched over to Miriam.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

JoeyFantastic wrote:

There is truth in that but looking across the Dail and thinking who would be a better Minister for Health than Harris and there's hardly a rake of decent options, and Harris is (imo) pretty poor.

Naturally, guys who are experts in their fields are going to be impressive people, but it's pretty stark contrast.
Sure we are where we are. Realistically Harris will be health minister for the next month or so when you would think things will reach their worst. He may not be the health minister we deserve or even the health minister we need but he's what we've got so best of luck to him.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Massive recession on the horizon if things in the US are anything to go by. Said it in the other thread but things in Boston are getting a bit manic. Universities shuttered, sports & theatre cancelled until August. Way more people wearing masks. Going to the polls after this seems madness.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Roll call.

Anseo.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

As in still alive? Or working from home :lol:
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

Duff Paddy wrote:As in still alive? Or working from home :lol:
:lol: Both I guess.
normilet

Post by normilet »

Traffic significantly lighter this morning. Car park in work about half as full as it usually is.

Not liking where this is going in here in terms of who works from home, who doesn't.

Looking like if you have kids, you can work from home (fairly limited in what you can do from home doing CQV in pharma), and if you don't have kids you will be "helping out" with the work that the parents won't be doing. And we've all been banned from the canteen.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Have a cough x(
Drank wine :o
Hungover :((
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

People outside supermarkets at 8am. God help us.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

EverReady wrote:Have a cough x(
Drank wine :o
Hungover :((
A lot of people were saying that if you ran out of hand sanitiser, alcohol would work.
Did you start with the hand sanitiser or the wine?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Yeah apparently there were queues into Tesco in Liffey Valley at 7am. FFS, hopefully it'll calm down after today.
Still plenty of booze though