Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Bwen
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Bwen »

Always felt Seamus Coffey explained it best about where Apple should pay their tax: https://economic-incentives.blogspot.co ... mbers.html
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22851
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

I went for a cycle in the Phoenix Park there (alone, miles away from everyone and everything). Some absolute bint walking along with her friend decides to just dump a load of rubbish on the ground. Her friend picks it up. She's now handling stuff her friend had obviously handled totally unnecessarily. People need to cop the fudge on.
themaddog
Posts: 4862
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by themaddog »

Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
Sorry, but what fúcking school allowed parents in yesterday?
User avatar
The Sun God
Posts: 12929
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Best country in the world.

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by The Sun God »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
I'm buying a supermarket today whilst sitting in the sun. Could be worse.
Buying a supermarket ????
Nolanator
Posts: 38830
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

Leinsterman wrote:He's a arrogant prat with zero self-awareness.
As perfect an example of the Dunning-Kruger effect as you'll find.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11721
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

Noticed returnees who should be self immolating doing there own shopping :x
Got plenty of family who could leave it at the door.
User avatar
feckwanker
Posts: 7158
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by feckwanker »

lorcanoworms wrote:Noticed returnees who should be self immolating doing there own shopping :x
Got plenty of family who could leave it at the door.
Self immolating? Well, it'd be one way of getting rid of the risk anyway.
User avatar
lilyw
Posts: 2934
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lilyw »

camroc1 wrote: And, as noted previously, the last thing you want to foster is a 'them and us' atmosphere amongst certain parts of the community.
That post is funny on so many levels.

Dunning-Kruger was mentioned elsewhere.
User avatar
lorcanoworms
Posts: 11721
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by lorcanoworms »

feckwanker wrote:
lorcanoworms wrote:Noticed returnees who should be self immolating doing there own shopping :x
Got plenty of family who could leave it at the door.
Self immolating? Well, it'd be one way of getting rid of the risk anyway.
Can't bring me self to say the other words, smacks of shut in.
de_Selby
Posts: 3792
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by de_Selby »

The Sun God wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
I'm buying a supermarket today whilst sitting in the sun. Could be worse.
Buying a supermarket ????
And just casually dropped into the conversation. Yet another example of the PI gravy train getting out of hand.
ID2
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ID2 »

Leinsterman wrote:
danthefan wrote:There appear to be people who seem to think they had it back in Nov/Dec/Jan, which would make them think they are immune now, which will change their behaviour.
Boards.ie - the breeding ground for cranks, moaners and conspiracy theorists
In fairness, there's been talk on here of people having it earlier in the year, heard it plenty of other places too in person and online. Same story with some Brits I know. Presumably just some variant of this years normal flu season but I suppose it can't be 100% ruled out yet that it's been around longer than we know. China planting stories about it emerging elsewhere no doubt helps increase the doubt
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37434
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

21 year old dead in England
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37434
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote:He's a arrogant prat with zero self-awareness.
I don’t mind mog he’s alright I just think people take him up the wrong way
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Floppykid »

Shinner/SU left braying about our new "socialised" medical system and how easy it's been to switch to and how we should never go back now that the private hospitals have been utilised by the state.
ID2
Posts: 3248
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:47 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ID2 »

Floppykid wrote:Shinner/SU left braying about our new "socialised" medical system and how easy it's been to switch to and how we should never go back now that the private hospitals have been utilised by the state.
Seen a few posts like that on fb took along with the other measures the government are taking, people don't seem to realise we'll be paying for this for decades :?
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60087
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:He's a arrogant prat with zero self-awareness.
I don’t mind mog he’s alright I just think people take him up the wrong way
I think he's fine but he's constantly going 'I know what you're saying is right but......'
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Floppykid »

ID2 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:Shinner/SU left braying about our new "socialised" medical system and how easy it's been to switch to and how we should never go back now that the private hospitals have been utilised by the state.
Seen a few posts like that on fb took along with the other measures the government are taking, people don't seem to realise we'll be paying for this for decades :?
Of course they don't, SF and the populist dopes online will make hay though.
Hopefully Leo/MM can slap it down forcefully and try to bring things back down to earth.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37434
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:He's a arrogant prat with zero self-awareness.
I don’t mind mog he’s alright I just think people take him up the wrong way
I think he's fine but he's constantly going 'I know what you're saying is right but......'
Yeah he’s almost always wrong but he takes it in good spirits - unlike certain others who cannot admit it when they are wrong...
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Floppykid »

Mog's funny but can verge on tedious a lot.
Everything becomes a contrarian, sometimes foolish to the point of satire, look at me, which is good in small doses.
User avatar
danthefan
Posts: 22851
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by danthefan »

The amount of people who have confused "we are reprioritising who we test" with "we are going to do fewer tests" is mind boggling.
User avatar
Duff Paddy
Posts: 37434
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

Floppykid wrote:Mog's funny but can verge on tedious a lot.
Everything becomes a contrarian, sometimes foolish to the point of satire, look at me, which is good in small doses.
He literally gets all of his material from the joe rogan podcast it’s hilarious
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Floppykid »

danthefan wrote:The amount of people who have confused "we are reprioritising who we test" with "we are going to do fewer tests" is mind boggling.
People are determined to whip themselves up into a frenzy, social media addiction.
User avatar
Floppykid
Posts: 30811
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: SOB>Todd

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Floppykid »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Floppykid wrote:Mog's funny but can verge on tedious a lot.
Everything becomes a contrarian, sometimes foolish to the point of satire, look at me, which is good in small doses.
He literally gets all of his material from the joe rogan podcast it’s hilarious
Is he being earnest when he quotes bro science and bro politics as hard common sense? I'm not sure.
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19214
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

sewa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:Looking at the numbers, it looks like the Netherlands got the policy badly wrong. 63 deaths yesterday with a total of 276 so far. 811 new cases yesterday. Could get really bad really quickly given they ignored social distancing for a considerable period of time.
You do realise it's a country far smaller than Ireland with 4 times Irelands population. Also the bulk of that huge population live in the Randstad. Population density is a killer for spreading virus
And.....this makes them less incompetent how? A week ago you were walking around saying chillax it'll be grand and then they slammed the down the controls.
This may surprise you Paddy but I don't actually run the country so my personal opinions have sweet FA to do with it. The idea that you lads know what has been going on here a thousand km away is quite frankly laughable
We can read the news thanks.
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19214
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Toulon's Not Toulouse wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:I know a person in a position to not be bullshit.

Apparently there aren't enough tests being manufactured to continue with the numbers globally and Governments are being advised to test frontline staff only.

And this isn't a Whilhelm and the retired Guard type.
Rumour around the new Galway testing centre is that we're going to restrict testing to a more severe set of symptoms because the current 90% negative tests are too much of a strain on resources.
And that's right tbh. i've seen some dumb whatsapps. Need to get the young fella tested because some other young fella was tested. That sort of thing.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9777
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

themaddog wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
Sorry, but what fúcking school allowed parents in yesterday?
They didn't allow them IN. They laid out the books on benches in the school yard, all distanced apart and people were able to come, keep their distance from each other and collect the material. All very civil, people keeping their distance etc and leaving promptly without stopping for a chat.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60087
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote:
themaddog wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
Sorry, but what fúcking school allowed parents in yesterday?
They didn't allow them IN. They laid out the books on benches in the school yard, all distanced apart and people were able to come, keep their distance from each other and collect the material. All very civil, people keeping their distance etc and leaving promptly without stopping for a chat.
Same as what they did in ours. Even did 2m chalk marks.
User avatar
Leinsterman
Posts: 9777
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

May as well use up some of the chalk budget for the year :D
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60087
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

Leinsterman wrote:May as well use up some of the chalk budget for the year :D
:lol: :thumbup:
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19214
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote: 93% of samples tested at the National Virus Reference Laboratory (14,692) have tested negative, according to Fergal Bowers.
Didn't say otherwise but 6% of 40,000 is still greater than 1,500. Even if you say it's not far off, that's assuming no new cases at all apart from those 40k. You're also more likely to see a greater return of positive test as it spreads more.

With regards to the change in testing, is it coming with change in advice? We're all meant to be locking down anyway but there's so many asymptomatic people out there with it being unclear how contagious they are that we can't really afford to be lax.
It is. But testing has been heavily focused around known cases. If you expand testing out beyond contact tracing the +ve % will be lower.

Re the asymptomatic/contagious thing. You are contagious but it's low risk. You'd need to swap saliva with someone like kisssing etc. It's low risk contagious. You only become high risk contagious when it gets into your cells and starts reproducing to a point that it begins to eject copies in a process know as shedding and then you cough or sneeze and send the virus back into the atmosphere. That's usually a few days(2-4 is the workign theory) before you develop symptoms.
User avatar
CM11
Posts: 60087
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

paddyor wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote: 93% of samples tested at the National Virus Reference Laboratory (14,692) have tested negative, according to Fergal Bowers.
Didn't say otherwise but 6% of 40,000 is still greater than 1,500. Even if you say it's not far off, that's assuming no new cases at all apart from those 40k. You're also more likely to see a greater return of positive test as it spreads more.

With regards to the change in testing, is it coming with change in advice? We're all meant to be locking down anyway but there's so many asymptomatic people out there with it being unclear how contagious they are that we can't really afford to be lax.
It is. But testing has been heavily focused around known cases. If you expand testing out beyond contact tracing the +ve % will be lower.

Re the asymptomatic/contagious thing. You are contagious but it's low risk. You'd need to swap saliva with someone like kisssing etc. It's low risk contagious. You only become high risk contagious when it gets into your cells and starts reproducing to a point that it begins to eject copies in a process know as shedding and then you cough or sneeze and send the virus back into the atmosphere. That's usually a few days(2-4 is the workign theory) before you develop symptoms.
:thumbup:

Ciara Kelly mentioned that they did no contact tracing for the days before she felt symptoms which I thought was odd.
User avatar
Winnie
Posts: 16406
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Winnie »

The Sun God wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
I'm buying a supermarket today whilst sitting in the sun. Could be worse.
Buying a supermarket ????
You can get a kids supermarket for £40 on Amazon
User avatar
paddyor
Posts: 19214
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:51 pm

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by paddyor »

Seanad not able to pass laws after Sunday.....
iarmhiman
Posts: 41373
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by iarmhiman »

Need to get all laws in this week then
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8502
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:He's a arrogant prat with zero self-awareness.
I don’t mind mog he’s alright I just think people take him up the wrong way
I'd agree with that ; thought he was a knob based on a few posts but then was surprised in a positive way in subsequent posts
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8502
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
paddyor wrote:
sewa wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:Looking at the numbers, it looks like the Netherlands got the policy badly wrong. 63 deaths yesterday with a total of 276 so far. 811 new cases yesterday. Could get really bad really quickly given they ignored social distancing for a considerable period of time.
You do realise it's a country far smaller than Ireland with 4 times Irelands population. Also the bulk of that huge population live in the Randstad. Population density is a killer for spreading virus
And.....this makes them less incompetent how? A week ago you were walking around saying chillax it'll be grand and then they slammed the down the controls.
This may surprise you Paddy but I don't actually run the country so my personal opinions have sweet FA to do with it. The idea that you lads know what has been going on here a thousand km away is quite frankly laughable

We can read the news thanks.

hmmm sewa, so you're saying you can only comment on the country if you're living in it ?
User avatar
HighKingLeinster
Posts: 21791
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by HighKingLeinster »

paddyor wrote:Seanad not able to pass laws after Sunday.....
Pass a law temporarily suspending that talking shop for 12 months
ticketlessinseattle
Posts: 8502
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: the Confederacy of Dunces

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:How's everyone getting on with the whole working from home and in some cases teaching from home?
I think I'm getting into some sort of routine now. We had to collect the kids' books from the school yesterday with plenty of work to keep them occupied. They have their own routine now.
Joe Wicks PE - 9 to 9.30
Schoolwork until 11
Snack until 11.30
Oti Mabuse dance class until 12
Bit of schoolwork until they get bored
Lunch
"Feck off out into the garden for as long as possible please..."
I'm buying a supermarket today whilst sitting in the sun. Could be worse.
I didn't buy a supermarket but I ordered a pull up bar on

https://powerballs.com/shop/best-door-pull-up-bar

ordered it yesterday ; came today ; would recommend it. my day involves getting out of bed around 8am, will have to move that back to 7.30 ; breakfast, bring kids (7 and 9) for walk down to seapoint. then kids start school, missus is an out of work Montessori teacher so they do their stuff and I lock myself in office until about 2pm and then go for an 8-9 km run ; changed my route to minimise people I see and wider paths, back to work ; down for dinner around 6pm ; typically do some more work ; tonight I've a call at 8.30pm to go through what the fcuk our plan as a company is for next 15 months ; kids to bed and try and find something mindless to watch ; finished up "Messiah" last night and Ballers; maybe episode of Veep ; bed around 12ish ; read for a bit ; rinse and repeat
Nolanator
Posts: 38830
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am
Location: Dublin

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Nolanator »

paddyor wrote:Seanad not able to pass laws after Sunday.....
Why?
User avatar
camroc1
Posts: 41420
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:05 am

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by camroc1 »

Election for the new Seanad.
Post Reply