Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
fishfoodie

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by fishfoodie »

Conspicuous wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:From the website specifically
The main rule is to STAY AT HOME. The only times you can leave your home are:

to travel to or from work if you are providing an essential service The full list of essential services is available here.
to shop for food
to collect medical prescriptions and medical supplies and attend medical appointments
to carry out vital services like caring (including family carers)
for brief individual exercise - within 2 kilometres of your house. (You can bring children but must keep 2 metres away from others for social distancing)
for farming
Which, perversely, and again assuming there isn't further clarification means all our factories including those producing ventilators will have to shut. They need to get their sh*t together quickly.
They’re not going to shut down factories making ventilators , you’re just being silly. I know a guy working in a place that makes parts for stents and they were told tonight they can stay open
+1

I'm doing on call for Medical Device company; & they've been told they're 'Essential', & speaking to my Boss this week; I've been told that if I need to go in (& I've been WFH for weeks), I just need to contact him, & verify the need.

Its just common sense. If the Cops stop someone (unlikely), they'll just ask for a credible explanation for why they're on the road; & then use their common sense.

We're aiming at stopping the 90%, not the 1% that actually needs be on the move.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

fishfoodie wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:

to travel to or from work if you are providing an essential service The full list of essential services is available here.
to shop for food
to collect medical prescriptions and medical supplies and attend medical appointments
for brief individual exercise - within 2 kilometres of your house. (You can bring children but must keep 2 metres away from others for social distancing)
for farming
Which, perversely, and again assuming there isn't further clarification means all our factories including those producing ventilators will have to shut. They need to get their sh*t together quickly.
They’re not going to shut down factories making ventilators , you’re just being silly. I know a guy working in a place that makes parts for stents and they were told tonight they can stay open
+1

I'm doing on call for Medical Device company; & they've been told they're 'Essential', & speaking to my Boss this week; I've been told that if I need to go in (& I've been WFH for weeks), I just need to contact him, & verify the need.

Its just common sense. If the Cops stop someone (unlikely), they'll just ask for a credible explanation for why they're on the road; & then use their common sense.

We're aiming at stopping the 90%, not the 1% that actually needs be on the move.
What happens if most of the shift are no shows?
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
fishfoodie wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:

to shop for food
for farming
+1

What happens if most of the shift are no shows?
In my company they're been communicating each & ever day, & telling people to make sure their phone details were correct in the emergency comms forms; just so they can make sure they can tell each & every person on the shift if necessary.
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

Flametop wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Flametop wrote: I have told her that she’s going to die a lonely death without a religious burial if she doesn’t take it more seriously.
I might not go that far with her but it's an option :lol:

I'll just send her the HSE document and tell her "An Taoiseach said you have to stay at home so that's all there is to it..."
She’s lonely and inventing “important” reasons to both leave the house and have contact with people coming into her house. There no talking to her.
We have all told her she is risking her health but potentially ours also.
My auld lad spends his retirement in SA. He spend the last few weeks sending me pics of the weather there and vineyards etc. whenever I told him it was getting bad in Europe and Ireland. He finally panicked when they closed the pubs there and came back. Then proceeded to go out and about every day. Hopefully this gives him a shock.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Bullettyme wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Flametop wrote: I have told her that she’s going to die a lonely death without a religious burial if she doesn’t take it more seriously.

I'll just send her the HSE document and tell her "An Taoiseach said you have to stay at home so that's all there is to it..."
She’s lonely and inventing “important” reasons to both leave the house and have contact with people coming into her house. There no talking to her.
My auld lad spends his retirement in SA. He spend the last few weeks sending me pics of the weather there and vineyards etc. whenever I told him it was getting bad in Europe and Ireland. He finally panicked when they closed the pubs there and came back. Then proceeded to go out and about every day. Hopefully this gives him a shock.
A lot of it just comes from the fatalism that people get, as they get older.

After a couple of decades of burying friends, & loved ones; & seeing your own kids grown up; you just don't worry so much about dying.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

fishfoodie wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:

After a couple of decades of burying friends, & loved ones; & seeing your own kids grown up; you just don't worry so much about dying.
My Mum has survived two cancers and my Dad’s first anniversary mass scheduled a week ago was cancelled along with the restaurant booking afterwards. Suffice to say she isn’t fully rational at the moment. Doesn’t stop her telling me to make sure to wash my hands though. :x
Bullettyme

Post by Bullettyme »

fishfoodie wrote:
Bullettyme wrote:
Flametop wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:

You're probably right, but hes also a chap who had worked in health his whole life (medical scientist) so I thought he might have a bit of a clue. I reckon part of it is head in the sand, and another part is not thinking hes as old as he is.

My mother is the same, works in the same line of work and she was laughing at me and my siblings when we said we were concerned for her. I feel very bad for her, handed in notice in February and supposed to be leaving in March.

Edit: actually when I asked her today was she essential staff her reply was "I hope so, dont want to be working at home with your dad and brothers" :lol: :?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

My old man is 90, and he'll still walk up to the newsagents every morning for his IT.

He'll still go to Tesco to shop.

And he still shins up ladders to clear his own gutters, and only tells you afterwards.

What can you do ?
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

camroc1 wrote:My old man is 90, and he'll still walk up to the newsagents every morning for his IT.

And he still shins up ladders to clear his own gutters, and only tells you afterwards.

What can you do ?
Appreciate what they went thru with you, when you were a kid ! ;)
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote: Not according to our government. I assume they'll clarify, but still it's a major f*ckup on their part far as I can tell.
Of course they'll clarify. Stop acting like a mong on Twitter.
Tell me why I shouldn't, I'd love to be shown otherwise.
Because its incredibly irresponsible
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
DragsterDriver wrote:Has eveready posted this week? I’ve noted his absence.
He said he was going to take a break.
Good point. Information overload is not great for anxiety levels.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

Hah just heard Leo's speech again and realised he finished it off with a line from Terminator 2: Judgment Day

"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves" :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nolanator wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:From the RTE website
To travel to and from work for the purposes of work only where the work is an essential health, social care or other essential service or cannot be done from home (a list of these will be provided)
So are any of my extended family allowed to visit my granny who lives by herself in Wicklow town? Her kids all live south county Dublin or North Wicklow.
Allowed? Certainly if it’s essential to her care yes. I don’t think there’ll be much actual enforcement of this - it’s really up to us individually to do the right thing for the greater good. It will only work if we self police it. I was up for my run this morning I would usually run 10-15k today I just did short laps. There is no one out there to police it but I wouldn’t have felt right telling my parents to isolate for 6weeks then turn around and be too arrogant to take a small hit myself.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote:My old man is 90, and he'll still walk up to the newsagents every morning for his IT.

What can you do ?
Tell him that if he gets this he will be turned away from the hospital and die alone in his house. That is the type of conversation we have to have with our loved ones if they are not taking this seriously. If he’s happy with that then you’ve done all you can.
normilet

Post by normilet »

Also got my letter this morning to let me travel to or from work, vaccines won't make themselves I guess.

Not really relevant to me at the moment as I'm still self isolating and will be for another 8 days or so. Wife got a text saying she no longer meets the criteria for Covid-19 and won't be tested, which is good news I guess, and we are both feeling absolutely fine again.

Bit concerned for my dad, going in for treatment today in Vincents Private - got diagnosed with liver/bile duct cancer before Christmas, had the surgery, and we've been staying the f*ck away from him for a while now, which sucks but is absolutely necessary.

Haven't been to the hospital in a good while now, for obvious reasons, I would assume they're taking every precaution to protect patients from catching this thing?

Booze supplies have reached a critical level, reduced to bottles of Heineken from a crate I forgot I had bought several months ago.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

normilet wrote: Booze supplies have reached a critical level, reduced to bottles of Heineken from a crate I forgot I had bought several months ago.
Thoughts and prayers with you in this difficult time x(
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

This has appeared on the gov.ie site
to travel to and from work where the work is considered an essential service. The full list of essential workers will be published as early as possible tomorrow (Saturday). In the meantime, the government advice for businesses and services which consider themselves essential service, is to remain open, pending publication of the list.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

fishfoodie wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:

to shop for food
for farming
+1

Exactly. They just want to stop the twats filling the car parks in Wicklow and public parks.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Gavin Duffy wrote:This has appeared on the gov.ie site
to travel to and from work where the work is considered an essential service. The full list of essential workers will be published as early as possible tomorrow (Saturday). In the meantime, the government advice for businesses and services which consider themselves essential service, is to remain open, pending publication of the list.
Which begs the question, why wasn’t the list ready to go?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

https://2kmfromhome.com/

Good link showing how far you can travel for exercise
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

iarmhiman wrote:https://2kmfromhome.com/

I can still go the beach!
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Perhaps something accelerated the process and they felt they had to get tighter rules announced asap and then follow up with the details
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Predictions folks.

How long will this lockdown last?

I reckon end of April
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

iarmhiman wrote:Predictions folks.

I reckon end of April
All depends how long it takes to rein in wilful, disobedient boomers.

2nd week of may
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I reckon end of April
I reckon so too.
That 2km website is pretty cool.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
Perhaps something accelerated the process and they felt they had to get tighter rules announced asap and then follow up with the details
They could have prepared the list right at the start of planning, there’s no logic to waiting.
DragsterDriver

Post by DragsterDriver »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
They could have prepared the list right at the start of planning, there’s no logic to waiting.
Herd immunity, steady lockdown-keep some out and working. The UK chose construction workers, not the worst demographic I guess.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

I reckon end of April
Hard to see how the situation will be under control in 2 weeks. Stories coming from the healthcare service are really concerning with the reported 9 clusters of Covid 19 in nursing homes probably only the tip of the iceberg. There’s going to be a big spike in the next week and it gets harder to get on top of the situation as more healthcare staff get infected .I’m also worried about long the nation can stay under lockdown while remaining reasonably sane .
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Didn't they say somewhere that they would attempt to treat the people in the nursing homes in situ?
If I read between the lines there...

That in itself would ease the burden on ICUs a bit.
Those clusters are terrifying though.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Gavin Duffy wrote:My mother self isolated day one before any advice was given, and told us all to stay the f*ck away until this blew over - so I don't need to worry about that side of things at least.
its all making sense now
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Leinsterman wrote:Didn't they say somewhere that they would attempt to treat the people in the nursing homes in situ?

Unfortunately, I think that is triaging at its most real.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

In these unprecedented times we'd do well to remember the forgotten victims of this lockdown, the dogging community.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Hellraiser wrote:In these unprecedented times we'd do well to remember the forgotten victims of this lockdown, the dogging community.
I was out for an early morning cycle and part of the route was a 300m climb up to the top of a hill that has a small carpark. A dogging/drug dealing hotspot.

Empty at 6.30am this morning.
Dark times indeed.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:https://2kmfromhome.com/

I can still go the beach!
A quarter of the 2km area from my old lads house is sea. From Dunlaoghaire Baths to Killiney Station.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Jim Lahey wrote:
Hellraiser wrote:In these unprecedented times we'd do well to remember the forgotten victims of this lockdown, the dogging community.
I was out for an early morning cycle and part of the route was a 300m climb up to the top of a hill that has a small carpark. A dogging/drug dealing hotspot.

Empty at 6.30am this morning.
Dark times indeed.
Scrabo?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

You'd assume that the drug trade has gone down a fair bit? Plenty of people might end up going cold turkey, I wonder is it possible it'll turn into a positive for some?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote:You'd assume that the drug trade has gone down a fair bit? Plenty of people might end up going cold turkey, I wonder is it possible it'll turn into a positive for some?
Probably just further overload the health service.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Leinsterman wrote:Didn't they say somewhere that they would attempt to treat the people in the nursing homes in situ?

Didn’t Gary Neville offer his hotel to healthcare workers a few weeks ago ? so they can isolate from the public and won’t spread the virus to their families and into the community. Apart from the generosity of his actions it was really quite forward thinking. In reality, if we really want to get on top of this we need to isolate both the infected and those that are treating them , however difficult that might be .

I’ll do my bit by putting the wife in the garden shed for the next month
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

We were going to drive scenic wise without getting out of the Rolls, suppose that's out of the question now.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
CM11 wrote:You'd assume that the drug trade has gone down a fair bit? Plenty of people might end up going cold turkey, I wonder is it possible it'll turn into a positive for some?
Probably just further overload the health service.
You're probably right. :((