Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

nardol wrote:you cant just implement treatments based off a non peer reviewed paper

This has to go through proper quality controls first ... so yes ... that would be a reason
It's not medicine. I can't see why there'd be a risk other than human error (wrong blood type/contaminated blood).
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

CM11 wrote:
nardol wrote:you cant just implement treatments based off a non peer reviewed paper

This has to go through proper quality controls first ... so yes ... that would be a reason
It's not medicine. I can't see why there'd be a risk other than human error (wrong blood type/contaminated blood).
Here like? Lack of suitable willing donors, relatively small sample size of the original study, no control group. Hopefully it works out but it's early to be getting excited
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

The method was used during the Spanish Flu I'm pretty sure.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

COVIDMedBot COVID-19 risk assessment tool https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0

Low risk for me.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Lenny wrote:
Zico wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Another reason for the masks though is to impress upon people the fact the the threat is real and it helps prevent complacency.
They were disinfecting streets around here the other night. I'm not sure how much good it did in preventing the spread of the virus but it definitely caught the attention of the locals. Changing people's behaviours is the best prevention so whatever can be done to get people to take it seriously is worth the effort.
Last Sunday Strandhill was wedged, but when I walked through there today there were only four cars in the main car park, 2/3rds of which was taped off, and none on the seafront, all of which was taped off. I think the lesson has sunk in, and tbf most people had been very compliant and disciplined anyway. There are some gobshites that will never listen regardless of what is happening around them, and hopefully the police will deal be able to deal with some of them.
heard any interesting statistic thats been around for a while but is very relevant today ; approx 15% of people behave completely out of self interest and don't understand the point of collective responsibility - everything is purely transactional (e.g. Trump) ; twice yesterday it came up for me the question of whether the government are taking on too many powers (they're not) , erosion of civil liberties etc, once on Brendan O'Connor on radio (caught 5 minutes of it, dunno who it was) and once with a guy I used to work with in London - irish lad living in UK for 15 years giving out about "why do the police have to stop someone thats going to a deserted beach somewhere for a walk" ? how the fcuk do a) we know thats there is such a beach b) that's where she's going ? ; most people will behave reasonably responsibly ; they will behave more responsibly when they're told to by the government and see the guards out and you need the guards for the 15% of people that are selfish cnuts ; anyway, sounds like we need any kind of masks as it'll slow down the spread !
boringperson12

Post by boringperson12 »

The Shinners (beyond the wall) are saying that there is going to be an agreement with that will allow an all Ireland response to the virus. NI Exec are to sign an agreement with Irish government. Virus has also been hitting care homes up here as well.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Lenny wrote:
Zico wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Another reason for the masks though is to impress upon people the fact the the threat is real and it helps prevent complacency.
They were disinfecting streets around here the other night. I'm not sure how much good it did in preventing the spread of the virus but it definitely caught the attention of the locals. Changing people's behaviours is the best prevention so whatever can be done to get people to take it seriously is worth the effort.
Last Sunday Strandhill was wedged, but when I walked through there today there were only four cars in the main car park, 2/3rds of which was taped off, and none on the seafront, all of which was taped off. I think the lesson has sunk in, and tbf most people had been very compliant and disciplined anyway. There are some gobshites that will never listen regardless of what is happening around them, and hopefully the police will deal be able to deal with some of them.
heard any interesting statistic thats been around for a while but is very relevant today ; approx 15% of people behave completely out of self interest and don't understand the point of collective responsibility - everything is purely transactional (e.g. Trump) ; twice yesterday it came up for me the question of whether the government are taking on too many powers (they're not) , erosion of civil liberties etc, once on Brendan O'Connor on radio (caught 5 minutes of it, dunno who it was) and once with a guy I used to work with in London - irish lad living in UK for 15 years giving out about "why do the police have to stop someone thats going to a deserted beach somewhere for a walk" ? how the fcuk do a) we know thats there is such a beach b) that's where she's going ? ; most people will behave reasonably responsibly ; they will behave more responsibly when they're told to by the government and see the guards out and you need the guards for the 15% of people that are selfish cnuts ; anyway, sounds like we need any kind of masks as it'll slow down the spread !
The beach thing is simple. It's deserted because everyone is behaving responsibly, why does she get to be the one that isn't? Follow her logic through and everyone heads to the 'deserted' beach. In other words, what happened here when the woods filled up.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Here like? Lack of suitable willing donors, relatively small sample size of the original study, no control group. Hopefully it works out but it's early to be getting excited
Absolutely it might be hard to source enough blood, although there could be a massive drive for that, but my question was really whether there's any reason not to do it if you did have enough blood.
ticketlessinseattle

Rumham wrote:
camroc1 wrote: Allegedly bought direct in the marketplace, rather than through the Chinese government. Allegedly.
Bought in the marketplace by whom? Fcuk me - that'll be some craic to see what shows up.
David Quinn had a good article in the Sunday Times yesterday about let's not allow China to become the hero in all of this ; seems like he got into it with Coveney on twitter - I've never liked Quinn and would diametrically opposed to him on everything but that's 2 articles in the last couple of weeks that I agreed with the point he's making (strange times we live in)
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

CM11 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Absolutely it might be hard to source enough blood, although there could be a massive drive for that, but my question was really whether there's any reason not to do it if you did have enough blood.
Yeah I'm not sure. It may be a bit of a drag on resources as well?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Don't really care who is seen as the 'winner' right now. There won't be any love lost on China when this is all over given their fudging of the stats meant everyone else was less prepared.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:
alliswell wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure. It may be a bit of a drag on resources as well?
:thumbup:
ticketlessinseattle

Nolanator wrote:What can you do for exercise within 2km? Run the gauntlet of Basin Street Flats?
I did a lot of running in circles this weekend ;
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

paddyor wrote:
Nolanator wrote:What can you do for exercise within 2km? Run the gauntlet of Basin Street Flats?
Actually you can do a good bit. And if you're really frustrated you can drive 2k and walk from there. It'll all run dryn from about 2 weeks mind.

On another note, the Shinners are loving this. I think a lot of them want to see the economy fail. I think they're massively misreading the room. They see the emergency payment as the basis for a UI, the eviction suspenion as massive(It's immaterial with civil courts suspended) and the rent freeze as indicative of inaction. There's a good bit more, but in general they seem to think that a majority will see this as a chance to advance actual Bolshevism. It doesn't matter what decision is made from here, they'll take it as proof of whatever. We will seriously need to consider the next step WRT keeping the economy ticking over.
Evictions aren't done in courts. That whole area has been run (badly) by the RTB for donkeys years.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Gavin Duffy wrote:COVIDMedBot COVID-19 risk assessment tool https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0

Low risk for me.
Results of COVID-19 assessment:

Risk of being infected: Medium

Impact on health if infected: Low

Based on your assessment, it is more likely that you have an infection with COVID versus INFLUENZA and less likely than a COLD

Recommended actions to take: Follow General advice. Self isolation. Stay home. Do not travel
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:So one of the guys in the rugby club has had Covid-19 and is now fully recovered.
Spent the last two weeks self isolating but is now feeling five with no apparent after- effects. Good to hear about cases like these.

Drain his blood quick - more valuable than gold - good results just published

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2763983
need to start testing for people that have developed antibodies ; is it Germany where they're talking about identifying those that have developed antibodies and letting them back to work ?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:So one of the guys in the rugby club has had Covid-19 and is now fully recovered.
Spent the last two weeks self isolating but is now feeling five with no apparent after- effects. Good to hear about cases like these.

need to start testing for people that have developed antibodies ; is it Germany where they're talking about identifying those that have developed antibodies and letting them back to work ?
The UK, I think.
ticketlessinseattle

CM11 wrote:Don't really care who is seen as the 'winner' right now. There won't be any love lost on China when this is all over given their fudging of the stats meant everyone else was less prepared.
fudging the stats is one thing - keep the whole thing under wraps as long as they did was literally the killer ; also the fact that they kept these wet markets open as long as they did after their experience with SARS, bird flu etc ;
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

iarmhiman wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:COVIDMedBot COVID-19 risk assessment tool https://eur02.safelinks.protection.outl ... reserved=0

Low risk for me.
Results of COVID-19 assessment:

Risk of being infected: Medium

Impact on health if infected: Low

Based on your assessment, it is more likely that you have an infection with COVID versus INFLUENZA and less likely than a COLD

Recommended actions to take: Follow General advice. Self isolation. Stay home. Do not travel

High risk for me but am past contagious phase I hope.

Test cancelled due to having no temperature even though GP is pretty sure I have it. Have developed asthma that I never had before, can't even do simple tasks without puffing.
quarter2four

Post by quarter2four »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The UK, I think.
They've ordered 3.5 million of them. We could actually test the whole population here. Won't work until roughly 14 days after symptoms appear.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Up to 22 nursing homes now. :((
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

There are just 8 patients waiting today in emergency departments, for admission to a bed, in hospitals around the country, INMO data shows. Can’t think that has ever been seen before in the history of the Irish health service.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

danthefan wrote:
@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

There are just 8 patients waiting today in emergency departments, for admission to a bed, in hospitals around the country, INMO data shows. Can’t think that has ever been seen before in the history of the Irish health service.
Just shows us too many were abusing that system
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

With people living a lockdown life, with everything cancelled including sports, you’d imagine this will also mean less need for A&E.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

CM11 wrote:Up to 22 nursing homes now. :((
If you had a relative in a nursing home, you have wanted to have taken them out asap, in cases where possible.
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

iarmhiman wrote:
danthefan wrote:
@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

That is part of it, but people are also staying away when they actually do have medical emergencies, which is a whole other problem.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Conspicuous wrote:
YOYO wrote:Doc friends told me that a lot of the cases or coming from the working class parts of north side and inner city Dublin.
Social distancing obviously much more difficult to implement for a number of reasons
I really don't know which of you two is the bigger fcuking eejit.... Maybe a dead heat.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

The Sun God wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
YOYO wrote:Doc friends told me that a lot of the cases or coming from the working class parts of north side and inner city Dublin.
Social distancing obviously much more difficult to implement for a number of reasons
Last edited by YOYO on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

iarmhiman wrote:
danthefan wrote:
@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

There's a concern that some very sick people might be avoiding the hospitals out of fear of the virus - e.g. potential heart attacks etc.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Nolanator wrote:
Formally diagnosed?

Good news, though.
Yep he was tested.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

danthefan wrote:
@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

All routine surgeries are suspended now? but I see your point.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

The Sun God wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:
I really don't know which of you two is the bigger fcuking eejit.... Maybe a dead heat.
Replied to wrong thread.
So my doc friend is wrong then what he and colleagues have encountered?

Get off the ditch and join the arena.
Last edited by YOYO on Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Bogbunny wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:This new craze of spitting at or coughing on gardai needs to be stamped out immediately. No bail, go directly to jail pending trial. After each garda in the station has spat on the perpetrator
FRigging scrotes doing that are essentially physically assaulting the Garda. I think reasonable force, a couple of licks with a truncheon would be acceptable.
Could you imagine doing that to a Spanish policeman at the moment !!!!.... Death toll up by a further one person.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:
danthefan wrote:
@FergalBowers
40m40 minutes ago

There's a concern that some very sick people might be avoiding the hospitals out of fear of the virus - e.g. potential heart attacks etc.
This !

As the Doctor on Newstalk, at the weekend, pointed out; they're getting people who've had strokes; delaying attending A&E; & as a result, they're not being treated promptly, & end up with much worse outcomes
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

The Sun God wrote:
Bogbunny wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:This new craze of spitting at or coughing on gardai needs to be stamped out immediately. No bail, go directly to jail pending trial. After each garda in the station has spat on the perpetrator
FRigging scrotes doing that are essentially physically assaulting the Garda. I think reasonable force, a couple of licks with a truncheon would be acceptable.
Could you imagine doing that to a Spanish policeman at the moment !!!!.... Death toll up by a further one person.
Yeah; but if every infected person can infect three more people; shooting the scrot saves three lives ... Result !
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

redderneck wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
alliswell wrote:Anyone else think this is George Lee's doing?
Economics correspondent: financial collapse
Environmental correspondent: climate change buzz
Science correspondent: global pandemic
On a list of self-satisfied and smug little wankers, the bold George is right up there.... Don't forget TD: couldn't hack it/afford it...... went back to the day job.
Admit to not watching much RTE News TV broadcasts anymore, but have caught a few recently which feature a rattled looking breathless delivery from the bould George. He looks a bit like an intern forced last-minute to deliver his boss's powerpoint presentation and realising as he thumbs go on the pointer that it's a fecking Prezi.

He looked half-lost.
I was watching him the other night calling the virus Covid ID ..... not once but multiple times.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

The Sun God wrote:
redderneck wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
alliswell wrote:Anyone else think this is George Lee's doing?
Economics correspondent: financial collapse
Environmental correspondent: climate change buzz
Science correspondent: global pandemic
On a list of self-satisfied and smug little wankers, the bold George is right up there.... Don't forget TD: couldn't hack it/afford it...... went back to the day job.
Admit to not watching much RTE News TV broadcasts anymore, but have caught a few recently which feature a rattled looking breathless delivery from the bould George. He looks a bit like an intern forced last-minute to deliver his boss's powerpoint presentation and realising as he thumbs go on the pointer that it's a fecking Prezi.

He looked half-lost.
I was watching him the other night calling the virus Covid ID ..... not once but multiple times.
Maybe he has it - confusion is one of the symptoms.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

Castleknock?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

The Sun God wrote:
Bogbunny wrote:
We need another Lugs Brannigan
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

George Lee seems to be calling it in all right. He couldn’t cut it as a politician and realised easy street was better for him. Now he’s not even bothered. :lol: