Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

paddyor wrote:Debenhams gone, liquidator to be appointed in the coming days. Theyw ere in trouble anyway weren't they?
Sounds familiar.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Not sure how the franchise is set up but I remember years ago that the franchisee had to use Musgrave-approved equipment and about 80% of their products need to be purchased from Musgraves. They were then free to focus on other local or niche produce for the remaining 20% if they wanted to.
Centra and Daybreak are the smaller Musgrave franchise stores. They've really made a huge sent in the market in the last 20 years and made some changes a few years ago to prevent people from running more than 2 Super Valus because they were afraid of the franchisees getting too big for their boots.
The Caulfield Group and O'Mahony group ran about 7 or 8 large stores each and had a bit too much clout for SV's liking.
After the Celtic Tiger collapse they expanded massively. BWG were absolutely f**ked with loads of awful leases and Musgraves came in with bags of cash for shops and service stations to move over. Some of them have actually gone back and forth as they hand over store owners so much money for store upgrades.
There have also been instances of owners switching franchises. For example Super Valu in Dalkey became Spar for a while and then switched back a few years later.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Leinsterman wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Not sure how the franchise is set up but I remember years ago that the franchisee had to use Musgrave-approved equipment and about 80% of their products need to be purchased from Musgraves. They were then free to focus on other local or niche produce for the remaining 20% if they wanted to.
Centra and Daybreak are the smaller Musgrave franchise stores. They've really made a huge sent in the market in the last 20 years and made some changes a few years ago to prevent people from running more than 2 Super Valus because they were afraid of the franchisees getting too big for their boots.
The Caulfield Group and O'Mahony group ran about 7 or 8 large stores each and had a bit too much clout for SV's liking.
After the Celtic Tiger collapse they expanded massively. BWG were absolutely f**ked with loads of awful leases and Musgraves came in with bags of cash for shops and service stations to move over. Some of them have actually gone back and forth as they hand over store owners so much money for store upgrades.
There have also been instances of owners switching franchises. For example Super Valu in Dalkey became Spar for a while and then switched back a few years later.
My uncle used to run several Spars and at one point switched over to Musgrave's en-masse for all his stores because they were offering a better deal and whoever supples Spar were acting the bollocks, or something.
normilet

Post by normilet »

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0409/11294 ... s-tracker/

My place have gone the complete opposite with this, anyone who has to be on site can come and go as they please, as long as shift teams are completely separated from each other.
The government has suspended flexitime for civil and public servants as it attempts to mobilise its 340,000 employees to address the most pressing demands generated by the Covid-19 virus.

The flexitime system allows staff to complete their full working hours while varying their arrival, departure and break times, often to accommodate caring responsibilities.

However, in today's updated guidelines on public service working arrangements during the Covid-19 emergency, the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform states: "The operation of traditional flexi-time/attendance management rules do not support the flexible arrangements and agility required during this extraordinary situation."

DPER goes on to state: "The normal operation of flexi-time or equivalent attendance management rules, including any flexi-time accruals and deficits, is to be temporarily suspended during the period of Covid-19 to facilitate the required new ways of working across the public service"
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

HighKingLeinster wrote:Gotta love PR. Global disaster and we have a developing shit fight on the corporate structure of SuperValu

I predict at least 2 bannings from this topic
I don’t know the specifics of the corporate structure but don’t most Super Valu’s have a family name on the front of the store ? So there must be some form of franchise or independent ownership

In less important news my wife arrived home early from work yesterday to tell me she’s in self isolation . An elderly patient she did a weekly dressing for in her house last Friday while symptom free took ill on Saturday morning with breathing problems. She was rushed to hospital where she deteriorated quickly and tested positive for Covid 19 over the weekend and is now in palliative care . The only reason my wife knows about this is because the lady’s daughter called her yesterday to thank her for looking after her mam and ask about her own well being , assuming the hospital had contacted her healthcare centre which didn’t happen. It’s a bit of a cluster fudge really, if she did catch the virus off the lady she may have passed it onto about 40 other patients since Monday, which was completely avoidable:frown:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Conspicuous wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:Gotta love PR. Global disaster and we have a developing shit fight on the corporate structure of SuperValu

I don’t know the specifics of the corporate structure but don’t most Super Valu’s have a family name on the front of the store ? So there must be some form of franchise or independent ownership

In less important news my wife arrived home early from work yesterday to tell me she’s in self isolation . An elderly patient she did a weekly dressing for in her house last Friday while symptom free took ill on Saturday morning with breathing problems. She was rushed to hospital where she deteriorated quickly and tested positive for Covid 19 over the weekend and is now in palliative care . The only reason my wife knows about this is because the lady’s daughter called her yesterday to thank her for looking after her mam and ask about her own well being , assuming the hospital had contacted her healthcare centre which didn’t happen. It’s a bit of a cluster fudge really, if she did catch the virus off the lady she may have passed it onto about 40 other patients since Monday, which was completely avoidable :frown:
That's pretty bad alright. :(
TheBouncer

Post by TheBouncer »

That’s an omni-shambles Jesus
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

paddyor wrote:Debenhams gone, liquidator to be appointed in the coming days. Theyw ere in trouble anyway weren't they?
Yeah, they've been fecked for a while.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

Gavin Duffy wrote:
that's about 1400 jobs gone....permanently.
I am not a behavioral economist but I know a bit about change/change management and I am very worried for the employment situation in Ireland when all this finishes.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

redderneck wrote:Four racks of lamb on order for Sunday. Yeehawwwwwr. Five sitting to the table but one doesn't count. Bleedin' vegetarians.

I've already told her the closest thing to vegetables I'll be working with on Sunday is sprigs of rosemary and garlic, so she'd better sort herself out. She's having a sulk.

I can feel a day of epic indulgence and rampant indolence about to descend.
I hope they are all members of your household :shock:
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Floppykid wrote:All this reminds me of the cringey "taytos better than king, barrys tea only! Only us Irish know!" shite you'd see when away.
Cringe inducing.

Denny's is fine.
Not as painful as lads who go away and fool themselves that they embraced the local culture talking to a couple of Israeli birds on the beach in Thailand in some god awful three quarter length shorts.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

The Sun God wrote:
Gavin Duffy wrote:
that's about 1400 jobs gone....permanently.
I am not a behavioral economist but I know a bit about change/change management and I am very worried for the employment situation in Ireland when all this finishes.
Not just Ireland
Whole world is going to be screwed for a good few years
With more and more automation leading to fewer jobs the need for a Universal Income at some point in the future was starting to be raised, I think Covid-19 has just expedited that conversation by about a decade
This is going to cause such a mess that there is going to need to be a rethink about how we do things in my economically illiterate opinion
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Conspicuous wrote:

In less important news my wife arrived home early from work yesterday to tell me she’s in self isolation . An elderly patient she did a weekly dressing for in her house last Friday while symptom free took ill on Saturday morning with breathing problems. She was rushed to hospital where she deteriorated quickly and tested positive for Covid 19 over the weekend and is now in palliative care . The only reason my wife knows about this is because the lady’s daughter called her yesterday to thank her for looking after her mam and ask about her own well being , assuming the hospital had contacted her healthcare centre which didn’t happen. It’s a bit of a cluster fudge really, if she did catch the virus off the lady she may have passed it onto about 40 other patients since Monday, which was completely avoidable :frown:

Christ, that's actually all I can say...
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Think 'The Expanse'
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

normilet wrote:https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0409/11294 ... s-tracker/

My place have gone the complete opposite with this, anyone who has to be on site can come and go as they please, as long as shift teams are completely separated from each other.
The government has suspended flexitime for civil and public servants as it attempts to mobilise its 340,000 employees to address the most pressing demands generated by the Covid-19 virus.

The flexitime system allows staff to complete their full working hours while varying their arrival, departure and break times, often to accommodate caring responsibilities.

However, in today's updated guidelines on public service working arrangements during the Covid-19 emergency, the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform states: "The operation of traditional flexi-time/attendance management rules do not support the flexible arrangements and agility required during this extraordinary situation."

DPER goes on to state: "The normal operation of flexi-time or equivalent attendance management rules, including any flexi-time accruals and deficits, is to be temporarily suspended during the period of Covid-19 to facilitate the required new ways of working across the public service"
It was probably being horribly abused by staff so use this crisis to reset behaviours
HighKingLeinster

Conspicuous wrote:

In less important news my wife arrived home early from work yesterday to tell me she’s in self isolation . An elderly patient she did a weekly dressing for in her house last Friday while symptom free took ill on Saturday morning with breathing problems. She was rushed to hospital where she deteriorated quickly and tested positive for Covid 19 over the weekend and is now in palliative care . The only reason my wife knows about this is because the lady’s daughter called her yesterday to thank her for looking after her mam and ask about her own well being , assuming the hospital had contacted her healthcare centre which didn’t happen. It’s a bit of a cluster fudge really, if she did catch the virus off the lady she may have passed it onto about 40 other patients since Monday, which was completely avoidable:frown:
bloody hell-hopefully she's ok
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope about the economy having a chance of being restarted is that there'll be a huge pent up amount of consumer demand for the worst hit industries. And while some won't have a lot to spend others will have more than usual with huge savings on monthly expenses.

Personally, I'll do my best to spend when we are eventually able to.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Conspicuous wrote:

I hope all is ok with your good lady
HighKingLeinster

CM11 wrote:The one thing that gives me a glimmer of hope about the economy having a chance of being restarted is that there'll be a huge pent up amount of consumer demand for the worst hit industries. And while some won't have a lot to spend others will have more than usual with huge savings on monthly expenses.

Personally, I'll do my best to spend when we are eventually able to.
Yeah i intend to spend when things get back to normal. Have about 5-6k of work on the house that i was about to get done before this kicked off that I will have sorted as soon as things return to normal

In terms of savings, saving 1k on childcare a month alone. and had a quick comparison of day-to-day spend pre and post lockdown and spending is down about 70% :thumbup:

Obviously not everybody will be in a position to spend but hopefully enough are to give a bit of a kickstart to things
HighKingLeinster

And of course Cammy will save the restaurant industry with his Mr Creosote impression
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Conspicuous wrote:

:shock: :uhoh:

I'm going to play devils advocate and say depending on ill the elderly lady was it might not have been possible to do contact tracing. Also if it's any consolation your wife wouldn't have been infectious for all 40 patients especially if she hasn't developed any symptons yet. And if she doesn't develop any by Saturday they're probably good. Hope your wife is okay.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

The Nordies love Leo. This why you joined in lads?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

You can see Storm Emma there. What happened in mid Januray 2018

From Seamus Coffey on twitter

https://twitter.com/seamuscoffey/status ... 65378?s=20
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
Conspicuous wrote:

bloody hell-hopefully she's ok
Seconded. Absolutely disgraceful to be perfectly honest. Her GP must have been informed. The same reason why my GP can’t click on a database and tell me what vaccinations I was given as an infant - a shameful lack of a public health database due to the natural paranoia of Irish people - but that’s a separate issue
de_Selby

Post by de_Selby »

paddyor wrote:Image

Beast from the east?
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

Duff Paddy wrote: a shameful lack of a public health database due to the natural paranoia of Irish people - but that’s a separate issue
Or a perfectly sensible unwillingness to throw money into the black hole that such a project would be.

Look at every other country that has attempted it - it would make the NCH look like a model of fiscal rectitude. The only winners from a project like that are the Systems Integrators.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

paddyor wrote:The Nordies love Leo. This why you joined in lads?
Thats depressing
Bar actually the Leo one

Foster has been invisible
O'Neill has done her best Englands difficulty is Irelands opportunity impression and just argued that everything the UK has done is wrong
And all BoJo has done is caught it
CM11

Post by CM11 »

lilyw wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: a shameful lack of a public health database due to the natural paranoia of Irish people - but that’s a separate issue
Or a perfectly sensible unwillingness to throw money into the black hole that such a project would be.

Look at every other country that has attempted it - it would make the NCH look like a model of fiscal rectitude. The only winners from a project like that are the Systems Integrators.
What countries have attempted it and failed?
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

CM11 wrote:
lilyw wrote:

The most expensive in recent times was the UK. Stg£12bn p****d up against the wall; project abandoned in 2011.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

500 new cases
28 deaths

How the fudge are cases going up like that after this lockdown?
HighKingLeinster

iarmhiman wrote:500 new cases
28 deaths

Tail end of people who fell sick just after lockdown and then the nursing home cluster(fvck)

And clearing backlog of cases. Many of the backlog may now be recovered
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Winnie wrote:
paddyor wrote:The Nordies love Leo. This why you joined in lads?
Thats depressing
Bar actually the Leo one

Foster has been invisible
O'Neill has done her best Englands difficulty is Irelands opportunity impression and just argued that everything the UK has done is wrong
And all BoJo has done is caught it
Foster and O’Neill sum up NI politics.
Zero sincerity or integrity in anything they do or say, out to f**k over each other at every opportunity, and absolutely zero class.
And to make it even worse, there are few, if any sensible alternatives to their reign of terror. The DUP have the likes of Donaldson/Dodds who are busted flushes at this point, but no one coming through the ranks that might seem to have a bit of sense. SF are just a f**king disaster of personalities. I could tolerate O’Dowd but the rest are a shower of shite.
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
iarmhiman wrote:500 new cases
28 deaths

Tail end of people who fell sick just after lockdown and then the nursing home cluster(fvck)

And clearing backlog of cases. Many of the backlog may now be recovered
Hopefully its a always darkest before the dawn situ, and that the positive effect of the lockdown will be seen in the numbers going forward.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

Cheers lads I guess we’ll know in the next few days if she’s infected or not . Either way it’s a shitshow with dozens of vulnerable people put at risk due to incompetence and poor communication. I never mentioned either that she wasn’t wearing a mask because they’re so short on supplies they’re only given a very small allowance to cover patients who are showing symptoms

Duff, does contact tracing not supersede our medical privacy laws in a situation like this ?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

de_Selby wrote:
paddyor wrote:Image

Beast from the east?
That was March with Emma wasn't it?
HighKingLeinster

Conspicuous wrote:Cheers lads I guess we’ll know in the next few days if she’s infected or not . Either way it’s a shitshow with dozens of vulnerable people put at risk due to incompetence and poor communication. I never mentioned either that she wasn’t wearing a mask because they’re so short on supplies they’re only given a very small allowance to cover patients who are showing symptoms

Duff, does contact tracing not supersede our medical privacy laws in a situation like this ?
It was prob a screw up like this that caused the nursing home omni-shambles. A handful of asymptomatic health care workers going to a few homes and inadvertently acting as Typhoid Marys/Covid Conors
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Conspicuous wrote:Cheers lads I guess we’ll know in the next few days if she’s infected or not . Either way it’s a shitshow with dozens of vulnerable people put at risk due to incompetence and poor communication. I never mentioned either that she wasn’t wearing a mask because they’re so short on supplies they’re only given a very small allowance to cover patients who are showing symptoms

Covid is officially a notifiable disease so has to be reported by law. In the scenario you are suggesting yes you can breach patient confidentiality in certain circumstances - in the interests of the public good for example
CM11

Post by CM11 »

lilyw wrote:
CM11 wrote:
lilyw wrote:

The most expensive in recent times was the UK. Stg£12bn p****d up against the wall; project abandoned in 2011.
Spain and Canada are the two I'm aware of and they work well.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Leinsterman wrote:Good survey HERE on Covid-19 and how people are feeling that's being conducted by NUIG.
With filling out.
Thanks for posting a link to a closed survey.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

lilyw wrote:
CM11 wrote:
lilyw wrote:

Why ignore the countries where it works well to focus on the ones who botched it?