Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:balls on the block when do you think you'll next have a pint in a pub (in Ireland) - I'm going with July 1st
Table service only maybe.

Certainly not packed pubs.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

Conspicuous wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:balls on the block when do you think you'll next have a pint in a pub (in Ireland) - I'm going with July 1st
I’d be delighted if I could have one that early. Can’t see it happening though
Speaking to local public an yesterday and he was speculating that it could even be as late as next spring. He cannot see any way it will happen before the autumn.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

Got blocked by McKenna on Twitter today. That's a first for me.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

I'm going with after the June bank holiday.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Liathroidigloine wrote:Got blocked by McKenna on Twitter today. That's a first for me.
For such a horrid bastard he's got very thin skin.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

People are definitely getting more lax about the restrictions, seeing large family groups walking along the paths outside my house and a few streets over with my telescope.
5 or 6 in a group, taking up the whole path, chunts.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

camroc1 wrote:
:thumbup:
ticketlessinseattle

CM11 wrote:
Table service only maybe.

Certainly not packed pubs.
I'll need an answer from you stats,,,,,,
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Floppykid wrote:People are definitely getting more lax about the restrictions, seeing large family groups walking along the paths outside my house and a few streets over with my telescope.
Wife hadn't been out in a few weeks, went out for a walk yesterday evening, got to Ranelagh Rd and turned back. Said it was jammed. As you say, groups taking up all the path, loads of runners etc.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

49 dead, 631 cases.
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

Yes we are heading into one hell of a recession, but probably for the first time in our history we are heading into one at exactly the same time is everyone else. And probably for the first time it is not due to her own fecklessness and stupidity. And unlike some other countries which are heavily dependent on internal consumption to drive their economy, like the UK, the pharmaceutical and tech focus of ours me means it is likely to get back on track quicker than others. The tourist industry is buggered but then so is everyone’s tourist industry. The critical issue really will be, what are the Germans prepared to do to allow support for the Eurozone and for those countries especially badly here such as Italy and Spain. The key concern for all countries is what it will do to get out of recession and this is where we could fudge up.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

CM11 wrote:
Floppykid wrote:People are definitely getting more lax about the restrictions, seeing large family groups walking along the paths outside my house and a few streets over with my telescope.
Wife hadn't been out in a few weeks, went out for a walk yesterday evening, got to Ranelagh Rd and turned back. Said it was jammed. As you say, groups taking up all the path, loads of runners etc.
The way some people are moaning about not being able to get a pint/haircut you'd swear we're being asked to swarm Normandy beach rather than find something new on netflix to watch.

Job losses are a different kettle of fish granted.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

paddyor wrote:49 dead, 631 cases.
It will be interesting to see how many of the deaths are 'historic'.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

That's a lot of new cases, is that due to the tests in nursing homes?
ticketlessinseattle

Floppykid wrote:
CM11 wrote:
The way some people are moaning about not being able to get a pint/haircut you'd swear we're being asked to swarm Normandy beach rather than find something new on netflix to watch.

I get that we're not exactly storming Normandy and I had to stop myself from saying "stay safe" to someone earlier today that has/is going through a lot worse shit than the coronavirus (there's a lot worse shit going on in the world) ....but yes, I would murder a pint/sit down somewhere for dinner with the family etc. ; pretty sure that's what Michael Collins fought for ?
ticketlessinseattle

Adetroy wrote:Yes we are heading into one hell of a recession, but probably for the first time in our history we are heading into one at exactly the same time is everyone else. And probably for the first time it is not due to her own fecklessness and stupidity. And unlike some other countries which are heavily dependent on internal consumption to drive their economy, like the UK, the pharmaceutical and tech focus of ours me means it is likely to get back on track quicker than others. The tourist industry is buggered but then so is everyone’s tourist industry. The critical issue really will be, what are the Germans prepared to do to allow support for the Eurozone and for those countries especially badly here such as Italy and Spain. The key concern for all countries is what it will do to get out of recession and this is where we could fudge up.
yup, for once we didn't author our own downfall and I'm relatively optimistic as to how we get out of it ; the other side of the coin though is that while every country is fcuked for once we won't be able to get on the next flight to London, New York, Toronto, Sydney as a solution ; which in a way may not be all bad in the very long run
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
CM11 wrote:

I get that we're not exactly storming Normandy and I had to stop myself from saying "stay safe" to someone earlier today that has/is going through a lot worse shit than the coronavirus (there's a lot worse shit going on in the world) ....but yes, I would murder a pint/sit down somewhere for dinner with the family etc. ; pretty sure that's what Michael Collins fought for ?
Indeed it was, and it will come again.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

anonymous_joe wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:I've said it many times here, but Waters should have been discarded from society years ago for walking around the Westwood Leopardstown changing room in the nip. Nobody needed to see it.
There's a mental image that should be consigned to the bin. x(
Fantastic writer but he disappeared up his hole a long time ago and seems to have gone full retard in the last few years.
Was he a fantastic writer? He always seemed to be a cúnt in the IT.
Nah, back in his Hot Press and Magill days, and indeed in his early days in the IT, he was a very good writer. He went off the rails sometime in the 90s when he re-imagined himself as a new DeValera saving traditional/rural Ireland from the depredations of the D4/6 pro EU 'modernising' elite.
I wasn't reading the IT too much in the 90s. Other than the sports news. :lol:

I always got the vibe he was a contrarian who was furious when Ireland became a bit liberal and left him on the side of the winners.

Reminds me of the resentment of all those authors who felt betrayed Fine Gael/Labour were behind same-sex marriage.
I was young-ish back then and remember the massive feud between the IT writers and the Sindo crew (mainly Dunphy). Waters was the focus of some pretty personal criticism then and I remember feeling a bit sorry for him.
Now I concede that Dunphy may have had a point.

Every time I feel sympathy for GOD (her husband died of MN), I remember that people are going to die because of her anti-vax lunacy.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Dr Holohan also gave a breakdown in of the ages ofpeople who had died after a diagnosis of Covid-19:

70 years +: 667 deaths
60 to 69 years: 53 deaths
50 to 59 years - 29 deaths
40 - 49 years: 12 deaths
30 - 40 years: fewer than five deaths
20 - 30 years: fewer than five deaths
0 - 20 years: no deaths
By my count, 8 deaths below 40.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Looks like the forum is no more. Lads I have wasted a f**king incredible amount of time on here with you. This place is more addictive than crack. The shitfights were all brilliant. Some worthy adversaries on here. I hope to see you all at the Christmas cabal in Mulligans Poolbeg street.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Duff Paddy wrote:Looks like the forum is no more. Lads I have wasted a f**king incredible amount of time on here with you. This place is more addictive than crack. The shitfights were all brilliant. Some worthy adversaries on here. I hope to see you all at the Christmas cabal in Mulligans Poolbeg street.
Jaysus at least wait until you can leave your gaff again.

Edit - just saw the post from Jake. Be pretty gutted if this place is nuked tbh.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Liathroidigloine wrote:Got blocked by McKenna on Twitter today. That's a first for me.
I'm just surprised that you're on Twatter!
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Did everyone seriously gloss over that bit?
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

danthefan wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Looks like the forum is no more. Lads I have wasted a f**king incredible amount of time on here with you. This place is more addictive than crack. The shitfights were all brilliant. Some worthy adversaries on here. I hope to see you all at the Christmas cabal in Mulligans Poolbeg street.

Edit - just saw the post from Jake. Be pretty gutted if this place is nuked tbh.
Yeah, talk about bad timing.

Somebody will set up an alternative forum anyway.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

danthefan wrote:

Just making sure we have a plan before they pull the plug - I have mobile numbers for probably 10 of the regulars at most
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

Just making sure we have a plan before they pull the plug - I have mobile numbers for probably 10 of the regulars at most
An Irishers Whats App group so at least contact can be maintained, and a gatekeeper can keep undesirables out ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

camroc1 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

An Irishers Whats App group so at least contact can be maintained, and a gatekeeper can keep undesirables out ?
We have one that is used to organise cabals. Some people have serious lives in real life. It’s the anonymity that makes this place a bit of craic.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
danthefan wrote:

We have one that is used to organise cabals. Some people have serious lives in real life. It’s the anonymity that makes this place a bit of craic.
Agreed, but hard to keep in contact without losing anonymity to a large extent.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Although that said witchfinder seems to know who every regular on here is in real life, think he works for the CIA
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

There's a non-swarm bookface group that some are in.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

We can switch to Collision Point or something surely?
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Floppykid wrote:We can switch to Collision Point or something surely?
Worried we'll find your secret shame from a few years ago?
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Floppykid wrote:We can switch to Collision Point or something surely?
Collision point is OOS about three years now.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

camroc1 wrote:
2021?
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Did everyone seriously gloss over that bit?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

It'll be illegal shebeens where you can get your hair cut before too long.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

fudge it, let's all go full Johnny Ronan with the hair lads.
Imagine him riding Glenda.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Shaved for the first time in two months today. Instantly regretted it as it made the mop on my scalp far more prominent.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

You're all wasting a golden opportunity to look homeless here lads.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Floppykid wrote:fudge it, let's all go full Johnny Ronan with the hair lads.
Imagine him riding Glenda.