Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Gavin Duffy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Gavin Duffy »

YOYO wrote:Google search on the story brought me here.

https://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=693331

On a serious note, these Ulster fans posters seem quite mellow.
They're into drugs as well as everything else?
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

I would give Gilroy the benefit of the doubt. I had to google the term coon. Probably my own ignorance.
It seems Coons is Cooney’s nickname.
Again from the same Google search.
https://twitter.com/cgilroy14/status/11 ... 38273?s=21
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

YOYO wrote:I would give Gilroy the benefit of the doubt. I had to google the term coon. Probably my own ignorance.
I'd have no problem with the tweet, bar it was accompanied by a photo containing black kids. IF unintentional it is still ignorant.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

The photo is what made it a problem.
But again, I put it down to ignorance.
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

camroc1 wrote:
YOYO wrote:I would give Gilroy the benefit of the doubt. I had to google the term coon. Probably my own ignorance.
I'd have no problem with the tweet, bar it was accompanied by a photo containing black kids. IF unintentional it is still ignorant.
Yeah I agree. The photo would make you doubt his intentions. Perhaps he didn’t have a decent photo of the 2 of them together, who knows. Giving him the benefit of doubt assuming it was ignorance.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

YOYO wrote:Google search on the story brought me here.

https://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=693331

On a serious note, these Ulster fans posters seem quite mellow.

Gilroy’s tweet and photo here.. https://www.uafc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f= ... 9&start=30

This guy has his finger on the pulse anyway:
What the hell is racial about two rugby players being photographed with some Africian children

get photographed with a child and your a F king paedophile I'm actually surprised that some #Twitterlovintarts haven't gone Tw-ttwitchinmad already.@suemeballymac-uckface
YOYO

Post by YOYO »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

DeDoc wrote:
paddyor wrote:Image

220 looks to be the milestone to get below 1%. Will take roughly 1-2 weeks from now to get it down below 200 you'd imagine.
jaysus, is that back again :lol:

A triumph of visual presentation over modelling x(

Here is my prediction for 25 days time: 30,400
You think there'll be a second spike or and increase abouve 300?
lilyw

Post by lilyw »

camroc1 wrote: The UK has been hit worse than either Spain or Italy, and whilst both Spain and Italy appear to be on the downslope, the UK has just plateaued.
I specifically mentioned the recession, not the death rate. The UK started the downturn in a much better place than those 2 countries.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

lilyw wrote:
camroc1 wrote: The UK has been hit worse than either Spain or Italy, and whilst both Spain and Italy appear to be on the downslope, the UK has just plateaued.
I specifically mentioned the recession, not the death rate. The UK started the downturn in a much better place than those 2 countries.
And will end up in a far worse one if it falls out of the EU on WTO terms at the end of the year.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

lilyw wrote:
Yes; it's great. The UK is in a 10 foot hole, & has a piece of string to get themselves out with; all the while a stream of raw sewage is pouring in.

Meanwhile the Spanish, & Italians are in a 12 foot hole, but they have a ladder & some mates to help them out.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

JoeMangled

Post by JoeMangled »

Looks to me like Gilroy thought he was being funny. Absolutely no need to pick that photo out of how many hundreds of photos he would have.

Lad's a cock.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

JoeMangled wrote:Looks to me like Gilroy thought he was being funny. Absolutely no need to pick that photo out of how many hundreds of photos he would have.

Lad's a cock.

Nah it's just an incredible coincidence
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

danthefan wrote:Posted without comment.

https://twitter.com/UnaMullally/status/ ... 63648?s=19
She's getting fairly slammed in the replies, and if course one of her first responses of to dismiss a counter argument as mansplaining.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Nolanator wrote:

She's getting fairly slammed in the replies, and if course one of her first responses of to dismiss a counter argument as mansplaining.
That honestly was one of the most pathetic things I've seen on twitter lately. She's a prominent 'journalist' for the paper of record, she was presented with nothing but an infographic because I don't even think the person added any commentary, and her response was basically "whhhhaaaaaaa you're a man".
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

danthefan wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

That honestly was one of the most pathetic things I've seen on twitter lately. She's a prominent 'journalist' for the paper of record, she was presented with nothing but an infographic because I don't even think the person added any commentary, and her response was basically "whhhhaaaaaaa you're a man".
Another woman further down quoted the same thing at her, and was studiously ignored.
Last edited by Nolanator on Thu May 07, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

It's all part of the failed state narrative the left is pushing.

Hard to get people to think there is a constant crises when they're in one of the wealthiest countries on the planet otherwise.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

That is absolutely outrageous.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

So infection rates climbing in the young. .

Going in Malahide I'm not surprised in the least.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote:

Yes but alliswell assures us media bias in Ireland is a right wing myth.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Mullet 2 wrote:It's all part of the failed state narrative the left is pushing.

Hard to get people to think there is a constant crises when they're in one of the wealthiest countries on the planet otherwise.
Not only wealthiest, Mullet, but also most socially equal.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Mullet 2 wrote:So infection rates climbing in the young. .

What's "young"? Teenagers or young kids?
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Nolanator wrote:

was out for a walk yesterday evening and saw 2 different groups of kids in the neighbouring estate all sitting/playing with each other on green areas. about 7 kids in the first group and about 11 in the 2nd. No social distancing and not a parent in sight. if one of them is a carrier it will be going back to all their homes
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

was out for a walk yesterday evening and saw 2 different groups of kids in the neighbouring estate all sitting/playing with each other on green areas. about 7 kids in the first group and about 11 in the 2nd. No social distancing and not a parent in sight. if one of them is a carrier it will be going back to all their homes

Modern Irish parenting.

"I tried for a while so fúck it....wine o'clock! Blah blah spirit animal blah blah"
HighKingLeinster

Mullet 2 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Modern Irish parenting.

"I tried for a while so fúck it....wine o'clock! Blah blah spirit animal blah blah"
yup, i'll bring my wooden spoon the next time. that will sort things out in short order
HighKingLeinster

I see bewleys on Grafton St has gone tits up again for the 467th time
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

lilyw wrote: In any negotiations the relative strengths of the 2 parties is more important than their absolute strength. It looks like the EU could very well be more damaged by the Covid recession than the UK, given how much Italy and Spain are suffering. I think that the goalposts have shifted in the UK's favour.
That's not entirely true.

It also ignores the ability of groups to predict relative strength in the future.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet 2 wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:Looks to me like Gilroy thought he was being funny. Absolutely no need to pick that photo out of how many hundreds of photos he would have.

Lad's a cock.

Nah it's just an incredible coincidence
Having seen the photo I am.afraid to say I am a bit suss about it. Not that that matters. On the young Corona what has surprised me is the number of young young lads out in particular. Groups of young lads aged 12ish all hanging out and burning bushes and being a general nuisance. Where the fück does mammy think they are
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

HighKingLeinster wrote:I see bewleys on Grafton St has gone tits up again for the 467th time
I for one will not miss the most mediocre, ridiculously expensive breakfast in Dublin.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Because of Mullally? I think you're overstating her influence there fella
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

alliswell wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

The Trots get a vast amount of airtime commensurate to their vote and what a fücking surprise this means they are transfer friendly.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

The Sun God wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:I see bewleys on Grafton St has gone tits up again for the 467th time
I for one will not miss the most mediocre, ridiculously expensive breakfast in Dublin.
I must admit I never understood the attraction of paying inflated prices for a lukewarm tasteless fry and shitty coffee, and then having to look at the biggest collection of unwashed, socially inadequate, weirdos while trying to eat the muck. I will admit that my experience of the place was before its latest iteration, and I like the idea of the place and the history, but it’s the last place in central Dublin I’d consider for food.
The Sun God

Post by The Sun God »

anonymous_joe wrote:
lilyw wrote: In any negotiations the relative strengths of the 2 parties is more important than their absolute strength. It looks like the EU could very well be more damaged by the Covid recession than the UK, given how much Italy and Spain are suffering. I think that the goalposts have shifted in the UK's favour.

It also ignores the ability of groups to predict relative strength in the future.
I am also pretty sure that the 'relative strengths' of 400 million diverse people with 80 million Germans at their center, spread out over a continent from the Med to the Baltic and the Atlantic to the Aegean , will have more than enough to deal with the 'absolute strength' of 65 million Brits led by an idiot, leading a cabinet of idiots.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

The Trots get a vast amount of airtime commensurate to their vote and what a fücking surprise this means they are transfer friendly.
The lunatics in general get way more airtime than they should. Our media is clearly more interested in controversy as it provokes a reaction - either clicks or texts into the show. The Healy-Raes probably get more airtime than any other inidividual politician. After them the left wingers seem to be on a lot - mostly Paul Murphy who, like the Healy raes, seems to get media access far beyond any mandate that he has. The Shinners at least had some kind of voter mandate but they have all vanished from the airwaves during the crisis - save for Mary Lou on the Late Late
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

The Sun God wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

I am also pretty sure that the 'relative strengths' of 400 million diverse people with 80 million Germans at their center, spread out over a continent from the Med to the Baltic and the Atlantic to the Aegean , will have more than enough to deal with the 'absolute strength' of 65 million Brits led by an idiot, leading a cabinet of idiots.
Yeah, but I was being diplomatic. :lol:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Pat Kenny played the Gipper’s speech following the challenger disaster - one of the great all time speeches. Brilliant stuff.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

alliswell wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

Yeah just her.

She is alone amongst Irish journalists for being openly biased. Not even the pretence of Impartiality is maintained now.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote:
The lunatics in general get way more airtime than they should. Our media is clearly more interested in controversy as it provokes a reaction - either clicks or texts into the show. The Healy-Raes probably get more airtime than any other inidividual politician. After them the left wingers seem to be on a lot - mostly Paul Murphy who, like the Healy raes, seems to get media access far beyond any mandate that he has. The Shinners at least had some kind of voter mandate but they have all vanished from the airwaves during the crisis - save for Mary Lou on the Late Late
And the media have allowed them disappear. They have strategised that only Louise O'Reilly will be on air and the media have rowed in behind them. I rub my eyes in cartoon fashion at the state of news media these days. It would be funny if it wasn't so dangerous and has.us on the cusp of a Shinner government with all its associated moral and economic hazards
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

anonymous_joe wrote:
The Sun God wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Yeah, but I was being diplomatic. :lol:
TSG was being diplomatic!