Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
MunsterMan!!!!!

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Mullet 2 wrote:Just got my ballot

What the general feeling amongst the rank and file, Mullet? Will it pass?
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote:Just thinking, the Greens are probably going to be screwed both ways if they reject. Abandoned by the centre voters who wanted an alternative to FF and FG and then abandoned by the more left voters who couldn't bring themselves to vote for SF. They can't have failed to notice they were only on 4 or 5 TDs before the transfers came through?

I get some think they might be abandoning their principles but they'll just end up being all talk and no action if they reject.

Every party loses out when they go in really, the only party to buck that trend are Fianna Fáil who were a mass movement.

Overall they'll be in more trouble if they don't go in. They are on a knife edge in too many constituencies and will lose out regardless next time out as others strategise better.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

The nutjob has really outdone herself today. Not mentioning her name but you can guess. She deserves everything that will come her way.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Surprised I havent seen any interviews with you yet
He's not female or non-mainstream enough.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Liathroidigloine wrote:The nutjob has really outdone herself today. Not mentioning her name but you can guess. She deserves everything that will come her way.
Demma?
Liathroidigloine

Nolanator wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:
Surprised I havent seen any interviews with you yet
He's not female or non-mainstream enough.
"Hey Ronnie Reagan, I'm black and I'm pagan, I'm gay and I'm left and I'm free,
I'm a non-fundamentalist, environmentalist, please don't bother me"
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

I think it will pass.

Greens on their other hand....
Jim Lahey

Post by Jim Lahey »

Floppykid wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:The nutjob has really outdone herself today. Not mentioning her name but you can guess. She deserves everything that will come her way.
Demma?
Is yer wan Gemma o’Doherty?
I just had a look through her Twitter and must say it was quite entertaining :lol: .
I’m not a subscriber to conspiracy theories but I do enjoy challenging myself to listen to them on the off-chance something makes sense. Her’s are pretty far out though.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

FF and FG made a lot of concessions to the greens. If they don't take this opportunity to be in government they should be punished at the next election for being a bunch of fence sitters
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Mullet 2 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

I think it will pass.

Are there enough independents?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Jim Lahey wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Demma?
I just had a look through her Twitter and must say it was quite entertaining :lol: .
I’m not a subscriber to conspiracy theories but I do enjoy challenging myself to listen to them on the off-chance something makes sense. Her’s are pretty far out though.
Her party anti corruption Ireland and Justin Barrett's National Party are the two far right parties in Ireland.
Liathroidigloine

Mullet 2 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

I think it will pass.

Another election would be devastating for the Greens and FF. I could definitely see the FF seat in Longford go to FG.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

CM11 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:

I think it will pass.

Are there enough independents?
Will be another election. It's a joke.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

iarmhiman wrote:FF and FG made a lot of concessions to the greens. If they don't take this opportunity to be in government they should be punished at the next election for being a bunch of fence sitters
This is their one chance to govern and get something/anything of their agenda cleared.
They can't be that allergic to actual government.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote:FF and FG made a lot of concessions to the greens. If they don't take this opportunity to be in government they should be punished at the next election for being a bunch of fence sitters
Which is pretty much what the moderate Greens are saying. I haven't done a breakdown but is it mostly older Greens for and younger Greens against?
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

They're in a trick position I suppose.

They'll lose their left transfers if they do, their centre transfers if they dont. Both results will hurt them in the next election so might as well do the best they can now.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Boxcar Ira wrote:They're in a trick position I suppose.

They'll lose their left transfers if they do, their centre transfers if they dont. Both results will hurt them in the next election so might as well do the best they can now.
Better to take an active role, prove some legislation can be achieved through getting on with the reason they're TDs in the first place.
Relying on young leftie votes is the wrong move anyway.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Boxcar Ira wrote:They're in a trick position I suppose.

I think they've probably lost their left transfers as it is, just for being close to getting into bed with FF/FG so they're left fighting for the centre votes and hard-core Green vote. I don't think they're in as much risk as they think they are in terms of losing the latter.
Winnie

Post by Winnie »

Jim Lahey wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Demma?
Shes a lunatic, right up there with Katie Hopkins
Liathroidigloine

Winnie wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Demma?
Way, way beyond KH.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Winnie wrote:
Jim Lahey wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Demma?
Way, way beyond KH.
Yup. Hopkins is just unpleasant. GOD is deranged. And every time she's called that it makes her more so as she's sure only herself and a few people understand what's going on.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

So like lino Leo to let us out of the gaff now that the rain is back.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

lorcanoworms wrote:So like lino Leo to let us out of the gaff now that the rain is back.
All part of the conspiracy. Nice weather to keep us as happy as possible in lockdown. Bad weather post lockdown to make sure there's less fight in us as the secret organisation take over.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:was listening to PM of Greece being interviewed by Fareed Zakaria ; 1st up was the fact that I had just listened to Trump's latest word salad of a press conference and the contrast between the 2 was incredible ; he was being asked how come there were so few covid19 cases - went on about quick response etc and then almost in passing talked about testing of incoming passengers at greek airports....which begs the obvious question, how come we don't have testing for incoming passengers ? ....fill out this form like a good lad doesn't seem to be the best approach.
Varadkar suggested testing incoming passengers but at a price. We probably just aren't confident enough in our testing capacity.

15k a day could get sucked up quite quickly.
€15K a day would be money very well spent if it meant we could have people allowed into the country that have tested negative - fcuk it, add a "0" and still money well spent
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

My taxes pay's for Dimitri illogical office, The least the government could do is look at the forecast.
Blackrock Bullet

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:was listening to PM of Greece being interviewed by Fareed Zakaria ; 1st up was the fact that I had just listened to Trump's latest word salad of a press conference and the contrast between the 2 was incredible ; he was being asked how come there were so few covid19 cases - went on about quick response etc and then almost in passing talked about testing of incoming passengers at greek airports....which begs the obvious question, how come we don't have testing for incoming passengers ? ....fill out this form like a good lad doesn't seem to be the best approach.
Varadkar suggested testing incoming passengers but at a price. We probably just aren't confident enough in our testing capacity.

€15K a day would be money very well spent if it meant we could have people allowed into the country that have tested negative - fcuk it, add a "0" and still money well spent
15k tests I mean
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

He means 15k tests, which is our capacity. Think a test is €200. So €3m a day at capacity.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

separately there was also an interesting discussion about number of people shot by US cops vs other countries ; almost 1,000 shot by US cops last year ; UK was something like 3 and Germany was 11 ; talked about the low threshold for pulling a gun in US vs other countries, apparently a lot of arms left over from Iraq war doled out in the US ; biggest issue though seemed to be how little training they get vs other countries
Maybe he mentioned it in passing because it's not that important or effective?
Blackrock Bullet

15 shots fired at the deceased Garda :uhoh: :((
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

15 shots?? Jesus
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

The culprit is going to have the living shit beaten out of him in whatever station he is held in. And good riddance
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

HighKingLeinster wrote:The culprit is going to have the living shit beaten out of him in whatever station he is held in. And good riddance
Was Gemtrails hinting that the culprit was black or an immigrant?
Liathroidigloine

iarmhiman wrote:15 shots?? Jesus
Strike that crap that I said about a revolver.

Insanity plea coming up.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

On the testing at airports, it's not 100%, or close, to being effective because someone could be incubating the virus without yet testing positive. So it's a bit of a false safety blanket. And that's before getting into the false negatives. Really voluntary self isolation and reporting of symptoms is the only sure fire way to avoid bringing it in.
fishfoodie

Post by fishfoodie »

Liathroidigloine wrote:

Insanity plea coming up.
Yeah.

Listening to the crime correspondent on Matt Cooper, you could hear that this was a tragic incident; & I had that sense that the perpetrator is more to be pitied, than hated.

If I were to guess; I'd say it was someone with long standing mental health issues; possible off meds; & the Guard was more checking on him, more than anything else; & things got terribly out of hand :((
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Liathroidigloine wrote:

Insanity plea coming up.
Emptied the entire magazine. You'd have to think truly madly deeply batshit and/or deeply, deeply personal in some just as twisted way.

RIP.

Edit - to add that I've not read/heard anything more than the basic headline on this story, so not following any latest lines which might be emerging. Poor man/family.
Last edited by redderneck on Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flametop

Post by Flametop »

If it was a Sig Sauer P226 (common Garda firearm) it doesn’t have a safety on it.
Many people wouldn’t know how to disengage a safety but a trigger isn’t difficult.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:15 shots fired at the deceased Garda :uhoh: :((
Capital murder, so. Well S.3 murder, but we all know what it means.

Lucky for him they abolished the death penalty.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Jim Lahey wrote:
Floppykid wrote:
Demma?
You have a talent for understatement.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:15 shots fired at the deceased Garda :uhoh: :((
Jesus. Not well, you'd have to guess. Awful stuff.