Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Lenny

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Lenny »

Massive kick in the balls for Calleary. Would have expected him to get a big ministry, but maybe he’s been given the job of holding the coalition together. He’s a humourless but capable guy from what I know of him.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Would have preferred McGrath for finance,
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:Would have preferred McGrath for finance,
With Donohue in the running to become the leader of the EU finance ministers group, he was never going to be moved.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

FF definately have the tougher departments
Last edited by MunsterMan!!!!! on Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adetroy

Post by Adetroy »

And again, the Defence is not actually at the cabinet table. But we can somehow managed to have two different ministers for education. A fecking disgrace.
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

EverReady wrote:
CarrotGawks wrote:
Lenny wrote:
That is fairly shit, but in line with the experience of a friend of mine in Dublin who had to chase every scan and appointment.

It makes me very grateful for the quality of care I’m getting here in Sligo. I’m, touch wood, coming to the end of my six monthly scans, but didn’t expect to hear anything about a scan I was due to have next month, but got a letter earlier in the week with an appointment for early July. Apparently the oncology dept was able to maintain its routine by using a small local private hospital to run its clinic. They are however expecting a tsunami of new cases that didn’t present over the past few months, and reckoned they’ll be completely swamped.
I've had various appointments (for different things) but I'm finding a nice, and what could be a decent way of working forward, balance between check ups and inquiries as to health. I've had phone calls from nurses (and consultants after) asking, "Do you want to come in or is a phone appointment ok?" The idea being I have some idea of my health. All bar one time I said the phone was fine and it was a quick check up/chat over the phone. The one time something serious was bothering me I got brought in and the consultant actually had time to spend with me. I think it's a nice balance, and feel good that in the other cases I could be dealt with quickly over the phone and someone who actually needs in-person, serious time with a doctor didn't have to contend with me taking up space and time with a doctor going through a routine.
Good man Lenny :thumbup:
The problem carrots is men will say they are grand and they won't be grand and then they will be very not grand and will still have not been seen
Yeah, that's fair. I didn't think of that.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

camroc1 wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:Would have preferred McGrath for finance,
With Donohue in the running to become the leader of the EU finance ministers group, he was never going to be moved.
4 more years of ignoring Public Accounts Commitee telling him to lay off blowing over budget revenue, low interest expense etc
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I'm sure I'm not the first but Leo 'Minister for jobs for the boys' Varadkar? Amiright, Amiright, hrh, hrh!?!
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

CarrotGawks wrote:
Lenny wrote: That is fairly shit, but in line with the experience of a friend of mine in Dublin who had to chase every scan and appointment.

It makes me very grateful for the quality of care I’m getting here in Sligo. I’m, touch wood, coming to the end of my six monthly scans, but didn’t expect to hear anything about a scan I was due to have next month, but got a letter earlier in the week with an appointment for early July. Apparently the oncology dept was able to maintain its routine by using a small local private hospital to run its clinic. They are however expecting a tsunami of new cases that didn’t present over the past few months, and reckoned they’ll be completely swamped.
I've had various appointments (for different things) but I'm finding a nice, and what could be a decent way of working forward, balance between check ups and inquiries as to health. I've had phone calls from nurses (and consultants after) asking, "Do you want to come in or is a phone appointment ok?" The idea being I have some idea of my health. All bar one time I said the phone was fine and it was a quick check up/chat over the phone. The one time something serious was bothering me I got brought in and the consultant actually had time to spend with me. I think it's a nice balance, and feel good that in the other cases I could be dealt with quickly over the phone and someone who actually needs in-person, serious time with a doctor didn't have to contend with me taking up space and time with a doctor going through a routine.
Speaking to a consultant friend of mine, he said that the phone consultation idea hasn’t been the panacea they’d hoped it might be, because they are regularly having to make multiple calls to get hold of patients despite sending out texts beforehand to put them on notice that they’d be calling on a certain morning or afternoon. He also said it’s shocking how many people appear not to know their own phone numbers, because they’ve discovered they are calling a lot of wrong numbers.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Adetroy wrote:And again, the Defence is not actually at the cabinet table. But we can somehow managed to have two different ministers for education. A fecking disgrace.
Depends.

A junior in the department of the Taoiseach could have more political sway - but I do agree, it should be a cabinet position.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Comms is being spun out of DCCAE then.

Doesn't look good with the 23 new cases today - this could get fcuked up quickly if people don't cop on.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

camroc1 wrote:
Adetroy wrote:And again, the Defence is not actually at the cabinet table. But we can somehow managed to have two different ministers for education. A fecking disgrace.
Depends.

A junior in the department of the Taoiseach could have more political sway - but I do agree, it should be a cabinet position.
Gone to Coveney as Minister of FA and Defence.

He was a very capable junior minister for Defence in Indas first government.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Last Sat showed a spike too. Hopefully not a trend.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Quite a bland uninspiring speech. His Irish was rubbish too. I’m a big fan of Martin he’s a good guy I know for a fact but see him as a bit of an Inda II.
I actually thought that his speech hit the right notes. He addressed the elephant in the room (coalition with FG) very elegantly & made all of the right noises about short & medium term priorities (though I was surprised to hear no mention of Brexit).

I watched it with 2 Irish teachers (& very fluent speakers) & they both loved his Irish. To quote - he speaks it like someone who is used to using it; it flows naturally & is easy on the ear.
They loved his staccato Irish that he read Bertie style whilst clinging to his sheet for dear life? Bizarre. It was like a LC student stumbling though his mock orals.

He's a fluent Irish speaker.

Bray Gaelteacht have high standards
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Celebrations tonight Mullet?

Incidentally, do we have a list of the Indos who voted for Martin? Very interesting shot across the Greens bow not to overstep.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Quite a bland uninspiring speech. His Irish was rubbish too. I’m a big fan of Martin he’s a good guy I know for a fact but see him as a bit of an Inda II.
I actually thought that his speech hit the right notes. He addressed the elephant in the room (coalition with FG) very elegantly & made all of the right noises about short & medium term priorities (though I was surprised to hear no mention of Brexit).

I watched it with 2 Irish teachers (& very fluent speakers) & they both loved his Irish. To quote - he speaks it like someone who is used to using it; it flows naturally & is easy on the ear.
They loved his staccato Irish that he read Bertie style whilst clinging to his sheet for dear life? Bizarre. It was like a LC student stumbling though his mock orals.

What the fudge is a Gaelteacht - you obviously haven’t a clue either. Maybe it was nerves so. It was pretty bad. Very big room and emotional time in fairness to him. I like MM as I said, previously dealt with him when he was minister for health and he was very good. It’s a bit Bimboesque to go running to his defence but between you and Lily maybe I’m being too harsh on him. He was shaky as fudge though :lol:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Comms is being spun out of DCCAE then.

Doesn't look good with the 23 new cases today - this could get fcuked up quickly if people don't cop on.

It was always going to go up and people will get a fright when it gets to 100 and start to moderate their behaviour a bit. It will then plateau and drift up and down until the autumn when the country will go to shit again. Not only will you have Covid you will have every cold and flu going keeping half the workforce out. Will be laughably bad

Stop will ya we are in a nice place now, back making money and knowingly happy in complete denial - at least a few good months before it goes to shit again, will you give us that much for fudge sake
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
lilyw wrote:

Pres used to send us to Irish college in..... Balbriggan
Not many irish speakers in balbriggan these days, I'd imagine.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Oh no you didn’t :lol:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

EverReady wrote:Who tf is Norma Foley
Clever by Martin

Needs a big ticket in the kingdom where 2HR are carving away votes. Sf massively on the rise in a slightly SF friendly Constituency. Notice neither HR voted for MM.....I suspect FF are going to really put the squeeze on to stop the HR machine
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Good promotion for Helen McEntee.
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

Martin has made some interesting decisions. Cowen at agri is a good one. Whatever your thoughts on him he won’t lay down for some treehuggers....will keep a ff farmer vote perhaps. Or wean it off fg

Martin I suspect will bow out at the halfway mark. I think it’ll be McGrath but would be surprised with callery.
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Congrats Mullet. I know you've soldiered with Daire O Brien for years.

The neglect of a Minister on Western seaboard is a little bit of a weird look.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

rfurlong wrote:
alliswell wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
alliswell wrote:Insurance fraudster Alan Farrell.
Does that make him wrong here?
No but it also doesn't stop him from being an insurance fraudster.
agreed ..... but that has absolutely nothing to do with the point he was making re: Sinn Fein BS

your whataboutery is the kind of nonsense that a shinnerbot would engage in
Yes, yes, everyone's a shinner and insurance fraud is super cool :thumbup:
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

iarmhiman wrote:Good promotion for Helen McEntee.
Big promotion. Hopefully she's up to it.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

What is success in Housing now for the life of this govt? I feel the homeless figure has to drop a fair bit, or rightly or wrongly, whoever is in the job will take a lot of stick.

Anyway DOB was my local TD for a good few years and he always seemed like a decent guy. All politics is local of course and he helped my family out with a few things. Would have voted for him in the past.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

alliswell wrote:

More worried about donnelly, she has experience. And was very good at her last role
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
alliswell wrote:

More worried about donnelly, she has experience. And was very good at her last role
Yeah you could see him being eaten alive God love him.
Banana Man

Post by Banana Man »

Ah lads you gave Timmy Dooley a gig... FFS.. thought we were done with him.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

EverReady wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Comms is being spun out of DCCAE then.

It was always going to go up and people will get a fright when it gets to 100 and start to moderate their behaviour a bit. It will then plateau and drift up and down until the autumn when the country will go to shit again. Not only will you have Covid you will have every cold and flu going keeping half the workforce out. Will be laughably bad
Make the flu vaccine compulsory for everyone, and fine them if they don't get it.

Beds need to be kept for the return of covid. And there is some thought that the flu vaccine gives some defence.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

danthefan wrote:What is success in Housing now for the life of this govt? I feel the homeless figure has to drop a fair bit, or rightly or wrongly, whoever is in the job will take a lot of stick.

Anyway DOB was my local TD for a good few years and he always seemed like a decent guy. All politics is local of course and he helped my family out with a few things. Would have voted for him in the past.
If the government lasts the 5 years, there will be 120k+ completions, unless the arse completely falls out of he economy, and then it ceases being a problem.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Potential for price drops too if the construction industry declines.

If there is the predicted decline in commercial office demand, then hopefully transport spending can offset some of the declines.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:Potential for price drops too if the construction industry declines.

If there is the predicted decline in commercial office demand, then hopefully transport spending can offset some of the declines.
I'll believe it when I see it.

Google still buying up Grand Canal Docks, Microsoft have the cheque book out as well, and huge campuses for Amazon, Facebook and Linkedin being completed. Still plenty of demand there.

Ryan can't be as bad as Ross as Transport minister and knows he'll have to put a rocket up PT projects to get them to tender stage before his time is up.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

The Directors surveys have suggested a total reappraisal of office needs going forward.

At the very least I suspect that the requirements will change which will have an impact.

KPMG were close to taking the Garda building on Harcourt Street (total refurb) for example. Will they now? I was talking to a partner (shrewd operator) in a Big 4 firm the other day who lives near my parents. He was in no hurry to get back to the office. He was actually disgusted at the various office businesses going back. He sees this as totally transformative, he doesn’t see the office ever being at 50% of current capacity again. I think he is overegging it (though he is in the minority of law and accounting partners generally who do want to get back to some form of normal), but he is part of the thinking of many.
ZappaMan

Post by ZappaMan »

Norma Foley a minister......yikes.
goose81

Post by goose81 »

Dunno why it won't be posted what's rumoured to have happened to that young lad.

Found in a storm drain a km long, storm drains weigh a ton. No way anyone is getting into one on their own, they take multiple grown men to lift them up.

Rumour is he was bashed by a load of young loyalist thugs who killed him by mistake and went to their elders who buried him in this storm drain.

He was murdered anyway regardless no way he could have gotten into that drain himself. Poor lad
Last edited by goose81 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:The Directors surveys have suggested a total reappraisal of office needs going forward.

At the very least I suspect that the requirements will change which will have an impact.

KPMG were close to taking the Garda building on Harcourt Street (total refurb) for example. Will they now? I was talking to a partner (shrewd operator) and head of the Covid response in a Big 4 firm the other day who lives near my parents. He was in no hurry to get back to the office. He was actually disgusted at the various office businesses going back. He sees this as totally transformative, he doesn’t see the office ever being at 50% of current capacity again. I think he is overegging it (though he is in the minority of law and accounting partners generally who do want to get back to some form of normal), but he is part of the thinking of many.
I'm not so sure.

I think there are all sorts of legal, regulatory and insurance hoops to be jumped through, and that's before you get to quality of life issues. I think a very few people will want to work from home 100% of the time. Parents with small children will probably want to do 2 days a week or so at home, but just while the kids are small. Other than that, the office will remain where the action is.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

alliswell wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
alliswell wrote:
rfurlong wrote:
alliswell wrote:Insurance fraudster Alan Farrell.
Does that make him wrong here?
No but it also doesn't stop him from being an insurance fraudster.
agreed ..... but that has absolutely nothing to do with the point he was making re: Sinn Fein BS

your whataboutery is the kind of nonsense that a shinnerbot would engage in
Yes, yes, everyone's a shinner and insurance fraud is super cool :thumbup:
God that’s pathetic

I agreed with you re: the insurance fraud

Plainly and simply, your response to Farrell calling Sinn Fein out, was straight out of the shinnerbot whataboutery playbook ..... there’s no two ways about it, and going “yer ma” on it only makes you look like a fvcking eejit
Last edited by rfurlong on Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

ZappaMan wrote:Norma Foley a minister......yikes.
Genuinely never heard of her before yesterday

Martin needed a ‘regional’ woman and Kerry was the best (only?) place to find one. Chambers has dirtied her bib for reasons many are aware of, while Anne rabbite apparently pissed off a large section of the party over recent weeks, telling dissenters they needed their wings clipped or ankles slapped or words to that effect