Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Is that from today?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:I didn't make it up. Both Ryan and Donnelly have said travel shouldn't happen prepping us for the travel is not happening. I had hoped we would have a government willing to take risks and felt Leo was constrained by a lack of mandate. I was wrong. Same old crap of the government being blown about the place rather than making decisions, explaining them clearly and cracking on. If we could only go back to Jobstown we wouldn't be so scared all the time. That fear gave us the Shinners roaring Up De Ra
They have said people should consider not traveling. Not that they're going to block you. The plan to list countries that you don't need to quarantine when returning from is still going ahead.

They've never actually said they're going to block you. Travel hasn't been blocked. The issue you have is with regard to self isolating when returning. Just travel through Belfast if you want to avoid scrutiny.
You're actually wrong on this. Ryan said we need to turn the tap off or not on I should say and Donnelly explicitly said the list 'may', read will, not be ready

Edit: you don't kickstart the economy by suggesting people travel through the North. It's fear of how the Shinners will manipulate the figures to their own ends rather than saying 'lads we are opening up again or we won't have a penny in the next few months. As it is we are in serious trouble. The figures will rise and we have X measures in place'
I'm not suggesting people travel through the North. I'm saying if you insist on traveling and want to avoid quarantine then that's what you do. In fact, it's what people are already doing.

I'm suggesting not traveling this summer.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:Is that from today?
Yes.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote:
Yes.
Jesus wept. So on day one of the new Government they are odds with each other.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:I'd have more faith in contact tracing if the Publicans and public weren't already bitching about not being able to go back to normal immediately.
All of the communications I have read from the VFI have been excellent. All talking about the responsibility placed on them and the industry overall.

There will likely be an outbreak from one and no pub will want to be seen as not to have adequate contact tracing in place.

Spokes groups are useless here. .
Of course they're making the right noises.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

rfurlong wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
rfurlong wrote:https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 08063.html

The Mayo outrage is depressing ...... ministers are appointed to work for the whole country not their own constituency ...... Irish voters are dumb fvckers really

Having said that I think Martin has made a mistake in pandering to the gender quota issue

He shouldn’t have elevated Foley ...... and he probably shouldn’t have elevated Donnelly either

Calleary could have taken education instead of Foley ...... or he could have taken Harris’s new portfolio Of higher education, innovation, science etc ...... leaving Harris in health at Donnelly’s expense

As mullet says, Martin is gone as FF leader in 2.5 yrs so he doesn’t give a fvck .... but the above scenario would have been better for everyone I think

Donnelly’s elevation is the spanner in the works for Martin and is causing all these problems ..... surprised he felt the need to promote him tbh
The ministries were negotiated.

Martin couldn't have given or taken anything from Harris or vice versa.
Harris wanted out of health?
I wouldn't know but they didn't throw darts at a board.

Perfect time for him to jump
nardol

Post by nardol »

The north and west: Screw you capitalist pigs, we are electing shinners and a bunch of nutcases so take that!

The north and west: what what whaaaaaaaaat, you are not giving us any ministerial positions!????

Fúck em
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

nardol wrote:The north and west: Screw you capitalist pigs, we are electing shinners and a bunch of nutcases so take that!

The north and west: what what whaaaaaaaaat, you are not giving us any ministerial positions!????

Fúck em
You really don't get it, do you?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Yes.
Mr Ryan was asked about the issue on RTÉ's 'The Week in Politics'. He said Ireland has been successful in reducing Covid-19 cases and scientific advice should be heeded. He said people should be holidaying in Ireland and limiting foreign travel for the moment.

He said "most people have made that choice themselves" adding that there hasn't been a complete ban on flights but that people understand the "risks".

"We should still be cautious. It's not no travel, it's not complete restrictions, but it's not turning on the tap. That would not be the safe and secure thing to do at the moment."
How is that at odds with what Coveney said?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

nardol wrote:The north and west: Screw you capitalist pigs, we are electing shinners and a bunch of nutcases so take that!

Fúck em
It's actually a very good point and a fundamental misunderstanding of the political process by many people. Why would you vote for, let's say Gino, when he is neither going to get into government nor influence it. Now I am aware Gino and Ruth claim the 8th etc are their doing but their support was incidental.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Liathroidigloine wrote:

Fúck em
Explain it to me?

The likes of rays, Wynn, ming, sf Donegal get elected from the region

The electorate of those regions need to be aware of the fact that that's fine if they do so but they may dream on about getting any sweets
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote:

Fúck em
It's actually a very good point and a fundamental misunderstanding of the political process by many people. Why would you vote for, let's say Gino, when he is neither going to get into government nor influence it. Now I am aware Gino and Ruth claim the 8th etc are their doing but their support was incidental.
Only Donegal really. Greater Dublin really stinking the place up though https://data.oireachtas.ie/ie/oireachta ... ile_en.pdf
Last edited by Gavin Duffy on Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Yes.
Mr Ryan was asked about the issue on RTÉ's 'The Week in Politics'. He said Ireland has been successful in reducing Covid-19 cases and scientific advice should be heeded. He said people should be holidaying in Ireland and limiting foreign travel for the moment.

He said "most people have made that choice themselves" adding that there hasn't been a complete ban on flights but that people understand the "risks".

"We should still be cautious. It's not no travel, it's not complete restrictions, but it's not turning on the tap. That would not be the safe and secure thing to do at the moment."
How is that at odds with what Coveney said?
That article is incomplete. He also said what I said he said and he would be involved in the decision on quarantining. In other words not a chance lads
CM11

Post by CM11 »

There will be quarantine for some countries. That's consistent across the board.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote:There will be quarantine for some countries. That's consistent across the board.
Why are you being so obtuse? I sometimes get that vibe off you but today you are layering it on
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Regarding travel, is this not being agreed on an EU level ?

Expect GB to be on list of red countries, and NI on the green list. :nod:
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Sounds like you dont want to travel ER? Are you hoping they stop you?
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

nardol wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Fúck em
Explain it to me?

The electorate of those regions need to be aware of the fact that that's fine if they do so but they may dream on about getting any sweets
Firstly, the reason those get elected is because people feel disconnected from the centre of power in Dublin. Secondly, I could post a greater list of gobshites from Dublin than that. Donegal was solid FF for decades but is now SF. There's a reason for that and it's only going to get worse following this.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:There will be quarantine for some countries. That's consistent across the board.
Why are you being so obtuse? I sometimes get that vibe off you but today you are layering it on
You are doing your usual in taking comments negatively for the purposes of having a go/being pessimistic. Nothing Donnelly, Ryan or Coveney have said conflicts.
nardol

Post by nardol »

Why do they feel disconnected?

They had Enda for years and they have had ministers for years and what good has that done? Ring Chambers etc

The responsibility lies not with the state, it lies with the voters in who they want to represent them.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:Just saw the Dara article https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4291326
Bit off they couldn't keep that being closed doors. My grandads must be so disgusted with men's need to share these days
I'm still really surprised it wasn't agreed beforehand.
Like lads fighting in training on the Thursday before a bit match, you love to see it. Also good media handling as the story this morning was the westies moaning about not being represented at cabinet.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

camroc1 wrote:Regarding travel, is this not being agreed on an EU level ?

exactly ; EU ministers are supposedly finalising a list of countries that are barred from entering EU if they have a higher infection rate ie USA and UK ; its being reported quite a bit in Washington Post and NY Times - fake news spreading bad news about how winning the US is ; Pompeo seems to be at least accepting it.

The fact that the only regular flights in and out of Ireland right now are the London/UK flights is hardly ideal
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote:
I think you need a pint. Statto needs more like a litre of vodka straight.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:

exactly ; EU ministers are supposedly finalising a list of countries that are barred from entering EU if they have a higher infection rate ie USA and UK ; its being reported quite a bit in Washington Post and NY Times - fake news spreading bad news about how winning the US is ; Pompeo seems to be at least accepting it.

The fact that the only regular flights in and out of Ireland right now are the London/UK flights is hardly ideal
We still have the common travel area.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
nardol wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:

Fúck em
Explain it to me?

Firstly, the reason those get elected is because people feel disconnected from the centre of power in Dublin. Secondly, I could post a greater list of gobshites from Dublin than that. Donegal was solid FF for decades but is now SF. There's a reason for that and it's only going to get worse following this.
Is the reason that they’re f**king idiots?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

nardol wrote:Why do they feel disconnected?

They had Enda for years and they have had ministers for years and what good has that done? Ring Chambers etc

The responsibility lies not with the state, it lies with the voters in who they want to represent them.
You're completely clueless :lol:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

nardol wrote:Why do they feel disconnected?

And before Enda, and ring, there was Padraig Flynn, who showered his constituency with all sorts of baubles.
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:Just saw the Dara article https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politic ... -1.4291326
Bit off they couldn't keep that being closed doors. My grandads must be so disgusted with men's need to share these days
Like lads fighting in training on the Thursday before a bit match, you love to see it. Also good media handling as the story this morning was the westies moaning about not being represented at cabinet.
in terms of things to bitch about (lack of representation from the whest in cabinet) what a fückin brain dead moan ; a position that deals with the national interest should be decided upon based on where you're from ?
ticketlessinseattle

just saw Iran issues an arrest warrant for Trumpkin ; kinda funny until you realise that he'll love it
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Rubbish.

https://www.dublinairport.com/flight-in ... departures
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
in terms of things to bitch about (lack of representation from the whest in cabinet) what a fückin brain dead moan ; a position that deals with the national interest should be decided upon based on where you're from ?
Not to mention the double down - if we don’t get a minister we’ll vote for terrorists
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
You are doing your usual in taking comments negatively for the purposes of having a go/being pessimistic. Nothing Donnelly, Ryan or Coveney have said conflicts.
That's all untrue.

Boxy I want to get out of this kip cause of de governments don't even care.
alliswell

Post by alliswell »

Fúck em
Not really the case. Mayo returned 3/4 FF and FG, no ministry Cork South Central does same, 3 ministries. Donegal does 2/5, same as Wicklow, 2 ministries to none.

Now I don't think that there is a problem with the geographical spread of ministries (bar perception) but your point is just a bit stupid.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Fúck em
:thumbup:
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

I dont think anyone is stopping you!
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
That's all untrue.

There’s flights if you want to risk it,
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote:
EverReady wrote:
I think you need a pint. Statto needs more like a litre of vodka straight.
We probably all need AA house visits
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Not to mention the double down - if we don’t get a minister we’ll vote for terrorists
That's the Dubs forte tbf.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Floppykid wrote:
EverReady wrote:
CM11 wrote:
EverReady wrote:
That's all untrue.

There’s flights if you want to risk it,
Quarantine is the issue. Et Tu Obtuse
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

alliswell wrote:

Fúck em
Not really the case. Mayo returned 3/4 FF and FG, no ministry Cork South Central does same, 3 ministries. Donegal does 2/5, same as Wicklow, 2 ministries to none.

Now I don't think that there is a problem with the geographical spread of ministries (bar perception) but your point is just a bit stupid.
Go a bit deeper than Mayo (who actually have the Chief Whip). There were 3 to 4 realistic options from Limerick up to Donegal. Cork South Central had 3 big party players in them alone. It's a silly enough comparison.