All things Rugby
Blackrock Bullet

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Okay ladies calm down we’re all a bit f**ked off with this shit.

I’ve noticed more people wearing masks lately but it seems to be quite socioeconomic. Dunnes and Supervalu loads of masks, Lidl and Aldi not so much. I wear a mask for any indoor place, doesn’t bother me. I’ve a meal booked for this weekend though and obviously can’t wear a mask to that.
You need a visor for that!

Cases are going to start going up. I wonder what our threshold level is? It is pretty non existent out there right now so now is the time to go out for a meal really. Irish people being Irish people though we will do our usual dog on it and it’ll be a second lockdown. The video of the 50 kids in the house was hilarious but we will pay for being eejits.
6 new cases reported yesterday.

The recent announcement of daily new cases in the 20s, seems to be directly related to specific instances of people coming into Ireland.

That said, despite Tony Holohans wishes, we are unlikely to stop the virus completely (ie no new cases for 28 days), that would be like stopping the flu virus from circulation, all we can do is control it.
Outbreaks in private homes (e.g. the general public) has nearly doubled in a week.

I'm trying to figure out why this is and why it didn't happen in March and the only conclusion I can come up with is that if we had the current testing regime we'd have seen a lot more private home outbreaks back then.
My aunt and uncle had it in March but none of their (adult) kids showed signs of it or were at risk so weren't tested. You'd be right I suspect.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Okay ladies calm down we’re all a bit f**ked off with this shit.

I’ve noticed more people wearing masks lately but it seems to be quite socioeconomic. Dunnes and Supervalu loads of masks, Lidl and Aldi not so much. I wear a mask for any indoor place, doesn’t bother me. I’ve a meal booked for this weekend though and obviously can’t wear a mask to that.

Cases are going to start going up. I wonder what our threshold level is? It is pretty non existent out there right now so now is the time to go out for a meal really. Irish people being Irish people though we will do our usual dog on it and it’ll be a second lockdown. The video of the 50 kids in the house was hilarious but we will pay for being eejits.
This is happening all over the place. Kids are kids. Kids who are told they are low risk will do such a thing, apparently though normal behaviours of humans was suspended indefinitely from March.

Look at the video of Prague for adults doing it

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-53244688

The idea that the Oirish are some thick race that can't be trusted is pretty bloody grating.
Calm down there kid nobody said that we’re thick as a group - it’s that we’re not as good as some other Northern European counties at following rules and acting in a socially responsible manner. It’s a culture thing. Like posting up your receipts showing 5000 pints and one plate of chips - well done for gaming the system you legend.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mullet 2 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

I think I was the only person wearing one in Tesco on Baggot Street yesterday, and they've got lovely posh demographics.
Which one? Both of them are pop in to the shops shops and I think people are being more casual in that type of shop as opposed to when they go for their big shop.
this

I tend not to bother wearing one if i pop into local centra but wear one when doing the weekly shop
That makes no sense
it does when you factor in:

1. Keep the mask in the car, so its to hand when i go out to the supermarket etc

2. Centra is in walking distance

3. I am paradoxically too lazy to open car and get mask for walk to centra but not so lazy to skip the walk and drive there
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

I think I was the only person wearing one in Tesco on Baggot Street yesterday, and they've got lovely posh demographics.
Which one? Both of them are pop in to the shops shops and I think people are being more casual in that type of shop as opposed to when they go for their big shop.
this

I tend not to bother wearing one if i pop into local centra but wear one when doing the weekly shop
That makes no sense
It does to an extent. A centra might have 6 people in it but the supermarket would have hundreds
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

This is happening all over the place. Kids are kids. Kids who are told they are low risk will do such a thing, apparently though normal behaviours of humans was suspended indefinitely from March.

The idea that the Oirish are some thick race that can't be trusted is pretty bloody grating

"Great night last night. Was out early and got 3 to 4 Heinos early on, social distancing was very much optional! Got some food then and again a great atmosphere, went well over the 105 minutes and got a flat white at the end. Onto another pub then, it was heaving, great to see so many out filling up the tills. Can’t even remember if it was over 105 minutes - it was hard to tell at the bar, I saw a few stopwatches out but I think we might just have avoided the virus!"
HighKingLeinster

plus there is a cute young one behind the counter in centra and if i wear a mask i cant give her a cheeky smile in the astronomically small chance of convincing her to take me into the stockroom for a quick ride
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Put a mask in your pocket.

Simple
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Tesco Express on Baggot Street is surprisingly big tbh. Looking at the queues for it during lockdown I'd disagree. You'd stroll into Donnybrook Fair across the road whilst Tesco Express was backed up nearly to the junction.
Exactly. It's the main supermarket for most locals I suspect.

Although I'm being converted to Supervalu in Ranelagh for some things.
HighKingLeinster

look, i just dont want to look like a spaz in front of the teenagers that hang out in front of centra ok?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

None of this is meant to join up perfectly. That's what I hate about the 'we can do this in this setting but not that in that setting, why not' arguments. All of this is about reducing risk not eliminating it.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

HighKingLeinster wrote:look, i just dont want to look like a spaz in front of the teenagers that hang out in front of centra ok?

Offer the buy them a shoulder of Huzzar and 6 Dutch
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Get a black mask and pretend you're a ninja.

They'll still think you look like a spa, but you won't care.
Lenny

Post by Lenny »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

I think you’re right. If I go into the local Centra I generally don’t wear a mask but will always put one on in the likes of Tesco and Lidl. Very few masks in evidence around here though.

Was out for a long walk yesterday and dropped into our local for a bowl of chowder and a coffee, and they have a very impressive setup. Name and phone number taken at the front door, and then brought to your table. All staff wearing visors, and single use menu that’s taken away once you’ve ordered, so it felt completely safe. Also lots of hand sanitising around the place, and they’ve replaced the hand dryers in the loos with paper towel dispensers. It worked really well, but it was lunchtime, and it will be interesting to see how it works at night. Going for a meal with friends on Saturday night in the restaurant upstairs, and really looking forward to it.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Tesco Express on Baggot Street is surprisingly big tbh. Looking at the queues for it during lockdown I'd disagree. You'd stroll into Donnybrook Fair across the road whilst Tesco Express was backed up nearly to the junction.

I wouldn't consider either for a big shop.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Put your fúcking masks on
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

I have only started to wear a mask "nipping in to places" in the last 2 weeks I'd say. There is definitely a steady up-tick in the amount of people wearing. It's still a bit below 50% though
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Big problem with masks and supermarkets, is that the it was only advice during the height of the epidemic here, coupled to the fact that there is no known case in Ireland, afaik, of the virus being transmitted in supermarket circumstances.
Blackrock Bullet

Duff Paddy wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

The idea that the Oirish are some thick race that can't be trusted is pretty bloody grating.
Calm down there kid nobody said that we’re thick as a group - it’s that we’re not as good as some other Northern European counties at following rules and acting in a socially responsible manner. It’s a culture thing. Like posting up your receipts showing 5000 pints and one plate of chips - well done for gaming the system you legend.
"Rules" - you mean guidelines. Other Northern European countries don't have those kinds of stupid guidelines. Some pubs are taking temperatures at doors, something I agree with (as there is some crude science behind it), but they are not mandated too. They are asked to serve up one €9 meal though to a table. Treat people like children and that's what you get.

Have a look at Hofstede's cultural dimensions, you're spouting nonsense. Ireland is remarkably similar to Scandinavian countries. Where else do we want to line up? France maybe - they're great for rules. The Belgians? (https://www.brusselstimes.com/all-news/ ... ear-party/)

Germany maybe...?
Blackrock Bullet

Mullet 2 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

The idea that the Oirish are some thick race that can't be trusted is pretty bloody grating

"Great night last night. Was out early and got 3 to 4 Heinos early on, social distancing was very much optional! Got some food then and again a great atmosphere, went well over the 105 minutes and got a flat white at the end. Onto another pub then, it was heaving, great to see so many out filling up the tills. Can’t even remember if it was over 105 minutes - it was hard to tell at the bar, I saw a few stopwatches out but I think we might just have avoided the virus!"
I see it worked so. :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

anonymous_joe wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Both Ranelagh and Ballsbridge have terrible supermarket options tbh. Super Value Ranelagh is pretty crap as well imo.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Ranelagh has Mortons and Donnybrook Fair within easy reach. Hence why I havent saved a cent in lock down.

We do the weekly shop in Dunnes in the Swan. That is class.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

camroc1 wrote:Big problem with masks and supermarkets, is that the it was only advice during the height of the epidemic here, coupled to the fact that there is no known case in Ireland, afaik, of the virus being transmitted in supermarket circumstances.
I guess we can't know for sure about supermarkets but it does seem low risk. Generally airy with high ceilings help and people are already acting more hygienically in that setting.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Boxcar Ira wrote:Ranelagh has Mortons and Donnybrook Fair within easy reach. Hence why I havent saved a cent in lock down.

:thumbup:
Blackrock Bullet

Boxcar Ira wrote:Ranelagh has Mortons and Donnybrook Fair within easy reach. Hence why I havent saved a cent in lock down.

Don't get me wrong, I do my weekly shopping at multiple green grocers.
HighKingLeinster

anonymous_joe wrote:Get a black mask and pretend you're a ninja.

They'll still think you look like a spa, but you won't care.
Ha, I have already done this :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/07 ... d-funeral/
The DUP has called on Sinn Féin's Michelle O'Neill to stand aside as Stormont Deputy First Minister while police investigate alleged social distancing breaches at the funeral of veteran republican Bobby Storey.

DUP MP Jeffery Donaldson said party leader and Northern Ireland First Minister Arlene Foster has written to Ms O'Neill asking her to step aside while the investigation is carried out.

Yesterday, Ms O'Neill, who is also Sinn Féin's leader in Northern Ireland, said she believed her actions were within public health guidelines and regulations linked to the pandemic emergency.

Answering questions from members of Stormont's Executive Office Committee, Ms O'Neill said she would not be standing aside from her position as the joint head of government.

Four of the five parties that make up the Stormont Executive have now called on Ms O'Neill to step aside.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Won't make a blind bit of difference. They know exactly what they're doing and were hardly surprised by the crowds or thought they were acting within guidelines. They'll play the victim, as they always do, and their supporters will lap it up and deflect. I'm sure Leo in the park has already been brought up somewhere.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

CM11 wrote:Won't make a blind bit of difference. They know exactly what they're doing and were hardly surprised by the crowds or thought they were acting within guidelines. They'll play the victim, as they always do, and their supporters will lap it up and deflect. I'm sure Leo in the park has already been brought up somewhere.
Yeah wont make a diffference. The same crowd will still vote for them and defend them. Colm Horkan funeral is being thrown about by them.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote:
You've got enough children to make a fúcking Mormon suspicious though, don't you?

I suspect our idea of a big shop is rather different. :lol:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
CM11 wrote:
You've got enough children to make a fúcking Mormon suspicious though, don't you?

I suspect our idea of a big shop is rather different. :lol:
Probably!

But tbf, I have childless friends who think it's shit too (sv Ranelagh) . Problem is (or at least was) that they get short shelf life stuff from other stores so not much use for shopping days in advance. They're always hit and miss for stock before you get to the smaller range.
Hellraiser

Post by Hellraiser »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:

Typical entitled Yank.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

EverReady wrote:I AM CALM
I reckon you are hitting the steroids pretty hard at the moment ER.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

He's implying it was one of your retard cartoon posts Hellraiser
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Certainly to an extent but it's also based a lot on nationality.
Asians wear them, Eastern Europeans don't and that's a culture thing of not showing any weaknesses. I had a Russian guy doing a load of gardening work a few weeks ago and he said it was just a flu and the whole world was getting wound up over nothing. He said all his expat friends over here and family back home think the same thing.
Them the whole conversation went down the road of "it's all an excuse to inject us with vaccines to control us"
At that stage I rolled my eyes and asked if he'd be finished the work shortly and headed back into the house. However, while I scoff at that sort of nonsense, I can see how it gains traction among older Eastern Europeans who grew up in a communist state with state-controlled press, propaganda, secret police etc.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Boxcar Ira wrote:
CM11 wrote:Won't make a blind bit of difference. They know exactly what they're doing and were hardly surprised by the crowds or thought they were acting within guidelines. They'll play the victim, as they always do, and their supporters will lap it up and deflect. I'm sure Leo in the park has already been brought up somewhere.
Yeah wont make a diffference. The same crowd will still vote for them and defend them. Colm Horkan funeral is being thrown about by them.
They are genuinely awful human beings
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

rfurlong wrote:
ticketlessinseattle wrote:
wow, so its basically the same persona but without the one liners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbWsoPufu6Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCG2VnY7fNc
:lol:

hadn't been aware of Veep or Roger Furlong .... its/he's very good though :thumbup:
highly recommend it ; one of the funniest shows on tv ; each character and the dialogue is hilarious ; Jonah Ryan is something to behold
ticketlessinseattle

Leinsterman wrote:
CM11 wrote:https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/07 ... deaths-eu/

Good stuff all.

I suppose we're too busy going around getting into low speed tips to claim 10s of thousands. Every cloud...

And even better news ... no social distancing for kids from junior infants to second class in September.
Woohoo!!!! :proud:
hmmm, must figure out a way to find out if my youngest is going into or finished second class without making it obvious that I'm not certain....
CM11

Post by CM11 »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
CM11 wrote:https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/07 ... deaths-eu/

Good stuff all.

I suppose we're too busy going around getting into low speed tips to claim 10s of thousands. Every cloud...

And even better news ... no social distancing for kids from junior infants to second class in September.
Woohoo!!!! :proud:
hmmm, must figure out a way to find out if my youngest is going into or finished second class without making it obvious that I'm not certain....
:lol:

Work forward from when they started!
ticketlessinseattle

Mullet 2 wrote:Put a mask in your pocket.

Simple
just make sure you dont take out the condom from 2009 that you've been keeping in there ; am wearing the mask myself but they're a pain in the hole for anyone wearing glasses
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

In December ABP granted PP to Ronans Spencer Dock development to increase both the number of apartments and height of the blocks in the development as part of an SHD application, over that allowed by the Spencer Dock SDZ. Their order has now been published.

http://www.pleanala.ie/documents/orders ... 05219R.pdf

The interesting part of the order is the following :
The Board was satisfied that it was not precluded from determining the application under section 9(4) of the 2016 Act on the basis of prematurity, and that the Board has the requisite jurisdiction under section 9(6) of the 2016 Act to grant permission for a strategic housing development which would materially contravene a development plan or which would be inconsistent with a planning scheme which is deemed to form part of the development plan.
So ABP appears to be saying that firstly, it has the power to grant applications in SDZs that don't comply with the current SDZ, and secondly it doesn't have to wait for the publication of a revised SDZ to make any such decision.

Expect Ronan to lob in his Salesforce "tower" application toot sweet, with a few more storeys added for good measure.