Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Leinsterman

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinsterman »

Massey Ferguson wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:
Massey Ferguson wrote:De dubs out on the piss last night.
https://www.thejournal.ie/drinking-crow ... 0-Jul2020/
These are all the people we are told voted for “change” and repeal. Looks like a bunch of selfish wankers to me.
Are they, yeah? Jaysus.
Laughable, isn't it?

Anyway, easy to clamp down on congregating in spaces like that by banning takeaway pints and also stopping drinking outside pubs unless people are sitting at tables.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Yup. Should be done.
Soho footage is insane. Small consolation is I think outside clusters are very rare.
MrBunhead

Post by MrBunhead »

Sam McBride's piece on Sinn Fein and Storey's funeral.

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/polit ... ce-2903922
Ms O’Neill said that the funeral “was all done in accordance with the guidelines”.

If she genuinely believes that, it means that the deputy first minister has less understanding of the guidelines than my three-year-old son.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Wtf is going on with Dundalk.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

I was drinking in a park in Dublin last night and it wasn't as busy as seems to be made out.

Think there was a bit of a crowd at Dame Lane and another at the lane beside Pygmalion but that's not a full on Bacchanalian street party.

If it continues there's an issue, but as a once off, it could be worse.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

CM11 wrote:https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/pol ... 38911.html

This guy really is such a transparent piece of shit. And no, I don't mean Cowen!
What amazes me is that he's still driving on a provisional license at nearly 50!
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Floppykid wrote:Wtf is going on with Dundalk.
Giz a hint.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

anonymous_joe wrote: I was drinking in a park in Dublin last night and it wasn't as busy as seems to be made out.
Some cans and Swedish House Mafia for the tunes, eh? :uhoh:
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Floppykid wrote:I say just go pull all the licenses from the pubs and put all the owners on lists, make sure they can never work again. Jail them.
In that video of Dame Lane there are few people drinking pub bought pints, and in the 2nd vid he put up, there is hardly anyone at all drinking. So what is your problem?
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Leinsterman wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote: I was drinking in a park in Dublin last night and it wasn't as busy as seems to be made out.
Some cans and Swedish House Mafia for the tunes, eh? :uhoh:
No. :uhoh:
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Leinster in London wrote:
Floppykid wrote:I say just go pull all the licenses from the pubs and put all the owners on lists, make sure they can never work again. Jail them.
In that video of Dame Lane there are few people drinking pub bought pints, and in the 2nd vid he put up, there is hardly anyone at all drinking. So what is your problem?
My problem is they’re not in prison right now.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Floppy is right. Stags Head claim to have been closed and had the shutters down but they could have been serving the pints under a gap at the bottom of the shutters and only using tap and go. Obviously they are to be lauded for that as it saves lives but they shouldn't have been serving scampi fries as well which I suspect they were
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Several FF members of government doing very well to take the recent great off SF. FFS.
JoeMangled

Post by JoeMangled »

FF quickly reminding everyone that they are tits. Even with needing to put less ministers in the firing line with the coalition, they still manage to fúck it up.

All semblance of this being the sensible choice of government are quickly being eroded away with joe public.

Actually cant stand to look at the SF TDs already.
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

An Irish author whose book I read, Sinead Gleeson with Constellations, is very good. About women (or a woman/through her viewpoint) (non-fiction about hip replacements, leukemia, hair, Lourdes, boyfriends dying, motherhood, pregnancy, old people with dementia, etc.), and it's very good. It strikes the right balance between being embodied in a perspective and aware of that perspective. You all (or anyone without hairy knuckles) could do well by reading it. And, to be blunt, give it to your bird afterwards while you're sure to say, "I just read it, it's very good."
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Do we have our first (Southern) Irish female poster since Ellebelle?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

JoeMangled wrote:FF quickly reminding everyone that they are tits. Even with needing to put less ministers in the firing line with the coalition, they still manage to fúck it up.

All semblance of this being the sensible choice of government are quickly being eroded away with joe public.

Actually cant stand to look at the SF TDs already.
Two pints four years ago

Relax with the drama :lol:
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Dublin chamber have written to Ryan asking him to publish timelines for the delivery of the proposed Dublin PT projects, including DART Underground and the Finglas LUAS.
"Over the past few years, considerable work has been done to progress a number of key major transport projects. We cannot afford to let this progress stall. Now is the time to press on with the projects currently at an advanced stage in the planning process and to also start work on the proper planning of other much-needed schemes such as DART Underground and Luas extensions. We have dates for the start and completion of the MetroLink and BusConnects projects. It is really important that these dates are not allowed to slip. We also now need full project timelines to be published for the DART Underground rail line which will run between Connolly and Heuston stations - a missing rail link we have been talking about building for almost 50 years. At the very least, the new Government needs to get DART Underground ‘shovel-ready’ by the end of its term of office," said Mr Sharpe.
Ryan's response, given he, unlike that tool Ross, actually believes in providing a proper PT system for Dublin, will be interesting.

https://www.dublinchamber.ie/media/news ... ith-fingla
Stjudes

Post by Stjudes »

On a webinar with Simon Coveney at the moment, keen on the Limerick Cork road. Any Q's lads?
sewa

Post by sewa »

Stjudes wrote:On a webinar with Simon Coveney at the moment, keen on the Limerick Cork road. Any Q's lads?
Can they sort the bloody travel advice. Am stuck in the Netherlands which has pretty much zero COVID (see official link below) for the past 5 months and they keep leaking different info.

https://www.rivm.nl/coronavirus-covid-19/grafieken
Lightship

Post by Lightship »

Stjudes wrote:On a webinar with Simon Coveney at the moment, keen on the Limerick Cork road. Any Q's lads?
What new capabilities do the defence forces require?
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

How confident is he of a trade deal with UK by EOY?
redderneck

Post by redderneck »

Just tell him if it had been built back in the '20's there might have been one less dead FG Cork cant knocking about the history books. Hint, hint.

(Not geographically accurate, but feck it, That Barley hollywood bollocks already tore the arse out of it so why not).

PS. Tell him that if he doesn't refer to it religiously as the Limerick to Cork motorway, the above advice is no guarantee.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Can superman outrun the flash?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Trans jack's in Applegreens. Yes or no?
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

anonymous_joe wrote:
I was drinking in a park in Dublin last night and it wasn't as busy as seems to be made out.

Think there was a bit of a crowd at Dame Lane and another at the lane beside Pygmalion but that's not a full on Bacchanalian street party.

If it continues there's an issue, but as a once off, it could be worse.
Lads on here were fuming that the magical virus proof 105 minutes wasn't being kept by some places, now fuming that what people said would happen (more public drinking and pub crawls) actually happened. :roll:

As an aside, it really seems like outdoor events are pretty low risk, so likely better off anyway. I'm going to do a Statto on it and try to see some greater insight into the rules. Perhaps the health experts and our bepsoke WHO advice knew that and knew of what would happen on the streets so planned it this way.

I defended the publicans right to be able to start operating their businesses when restaurants did but I see they're now out going off on public drinking. Most of them weren't saying a thing when they couldn't open (public parks and places like South William have had lots of drinking), but now are, as they don't want to lose trade to people being able to buy from off licences. One great upside of this pandemic from a community perspective is a more tolerant attitude of public drinking - casual drinking in the park is perfectly normal in plenty of countries but not here. Of courses this provides a responsibility on the citizenry to behave themselves when out and about and to respect people's properties, and for the most part I think that has happened. We need to put forward positive messages to the public on these things, bring home your rubbish and don't act like louts. For everything else, our police force should step in. The video of Dame Lane looked absolutely fine as it happens - the frightened rabbits everywhere need to chill themselves out a bit.

I'm sure plenty of the Joe Duffy set and some posters on here will be delighted with this stunning police work backed up with logical public health advice though.

https://twitter.com/gardainfo/status/12 ... ireland%2F
Garda Info
@gardainfo
·
Jul 5
An Garda Síochána in support of Op Navigation searched a premises allegedly operating as a restaurant in Dublin y/day. Breaches of Covid19 Regs were observed & premises in breach of preexisting Liquor Licensing Legislation. Large quantity of alcohol seized.

What's the street value of a bottle of Budweiser these days?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

The drinking on the streets has been happening for weeks.

Anyway, it seems we were correct that Irish people can't behave socially responsibly. You can't have it both ways. You can't argue we'll do the right thing and argue in the same sentence that people will take the piss.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:The drinking on the streets has been happening for weeks.

Anyway, it seems we were correct that Irish people can't behave socially responsibly. You can't have it both ways. You can't argue we'll do the right thing and argue in the same sentence that people will take the piss.
There's no evidence of a lack of socially irresponsible behaviour. Wow, there were people drinking on Dame Lane before and after they got a bite to eat - outrageous!

You are the ones who want it both ways. Either you want to go down the full on draconian route or not. The stupidity of the 105 minute rule was pointed out but according to you they were looking for "behavioral" changes. That has categorically failed (as have most public health initiatives against drinking for a century and a half), so what way do you want it now?

Can we not just move to logical, scientifically led regulations and advice rather than the convoluted attempts to reengineer society with incoherent guidelines/rules?

i) maintain social distancing as is practical. That should include capacity restrictions
ii) pubs and restaurants should know who is on their premises at all times
iii) pubs and restaurants should have adequate hand sanitisation and encourage mask wearing of employees

All premises open should publish what they have done on their front door/website so people know what to expect. Simple.

For the public, again maintain social distance, cough into your arms, wash your hands and most importantly don't go outside when sick. If you are drinking in public, don't be a ballbag, put your rubbish in the bin and don't act like a scumbag.

AGS, instead of raiding premises for bottles of Budweiser and a few bottles of cheap sauvignon blanc, actually go out there and do some community policing. If you want to get heavy handed, do it on the small minority who behave like clowns.

Government and councils should do everything they can to improve outdoor options for businesses to operate and in fairness I think there have been great things done here.

Half of the message has been lost within the BS that reopening has entailed.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I've already given my reasoning on the time limit and it's already been born out. Your response is some bizarre 'I told you so' when in fact, the behaviour proves you wrong.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Problem with park/canal/street/sandymount strand drinking is not the anti-social behaviour, as the Gardaí sort this out pdq, if it occurs at all, and most locations tend to be self policing, but the lack of adequate rubbish bins and/or regular enough collections.

Walk down the canal at Portobello, or Sandymount Strand after a sunny weekend, and people will have left their rubbish, mostly bagged, beside already overflowing bins. People want to do the right thing, but the council don't let them. Of course rubbish left on the ground overnight will attract dogs, cats and rats; and then gulls once the sun comes up.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:I've already given my reasoning on the time limit and it's already been born out. Your response is some bizarre 'I told you so' when in fact, the behaviour proves you wrong.
Proves what wrong?

I told you people would move on and drink elsewhere. What's happened?

You went on about changing people's beheaviours and going to the toilet too much. Hilarious but whatever.

Listen I was giving you a bit of credit above. You often try to read in some grand logic to the regulations. Our bespoke advice/health experts know now that outdoors is lower risk so are happier to kick people out there for that. Certainly the advice to our police force seems to have focused on raiding premises for bottles of beer and to ensure they were serving €9 meals and not public policing. I really do think it is a grand plan.
Blackrock Bullet

camroc1 wrote:Problem with park/canal/street/sandymount strand drinking is not the anti-social behaviour, as the Gardaí sort this out pdq, if it occurs at all, and most locations tend to be self policing, but the lack of adequate rubbish bins and/or regular enough collections.

Walk down the canal at Portobello, or Sandymount Strand after a sunny weekend, and people will have left their rubbish, mostly bagged, beside already overflowing bins. People want to do the right thing, but the council don't let them. Of course rubbish left on the ground overnight will attract dogs, cats and rats; and then gulls once the sun comes up.
I fully agree with that. But fines should also be issued. You should bring your rubbish home if there isn't the space in bins.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:I've already given my reasoning on the time limit and it's already been born out. Your response is some bizarre 'I told you so' when in fact, the behaviour proves you wrong.
Proves what wrong?

You went on about changing people's beheaviours and going to the toilet too much. Hilarious but whatever.

Listen I was giving you a bit of credit above. You often try to read in some grand logic to the regulations. Our bespoke advice/health experts know now that outdoors is lower risk so are happier to kick people out there for that. Certainly the advice to our police force seems to have focused on raiding premises for bottles of beer and to ensure they were serving €9 meals and not public policing. I really do think it is a grand plan.
You told me Irish people can behave socially responsibly and we should just trust them to do the right thing.
Blackrock Bullet

Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was worth it to avoid quarantining.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Just to reiterate the hospitals are not adhering to two metres. In fact they don't adhere to one metre. They leave one chair vacant in the wounds clinic so the oul codger besides me was about 0.5 metres away as we waited. The vast majority of staff are wandering around at 7.30am without masks. If they know it is grand it must be grand. All down Dame Lane. My treat
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Proves what wrong?

You told me Irish people can behave socially responsibly and we should just trust them to do the right thing.
Yes and some people are drinking on Dame Lane, what's the big deal? The Taoiseach drank in public, what's the issue?

If you don't like the sight of people drinking outdoors, then tell us all.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was orth it to avoid quarantining.
What people do is they make up symptoms if they are worried and then they get the test 'eh doc I have all the symptoms except a temp. Very poorly'
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Proves what wrong?

Yes and some people are drinking on Dame Lane, what's the big deal? The Taoiseach drank in public, what's the issue?

If you don't like the sight of people drinking outdoors, then tell us all.
:roll:
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was orth it to avoid quarantining.
What people do is they make up symptoms if they are worried and then they get the test 'eh doc I have all the symptoms except a temp. Very poorly'
It's a tad ridiculous that the private hospitals are charging given you can get one like that no bother.
Blackrock Bullet

EverReady wrote:
All for free?

I reckon the Irish Government are delaying lifting the quarantine rules now because there will be some announcement on testing being available when you land, close to the airport. Varadkar talked about paying before, they'll need someone to administer to.