Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
CM11

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by CM11 »

He said the great risk about Covid-19 is the asymptomatic nature of the disease and while that testing for the virus on arrival into Ireland is a good measure, there is a narrow window to catch the disease and many people could be incubating it but not test positive.
As I said, not a catch all.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

I’m pretty sure at this stage that both BB and ER have a new strain of covid ...... a strain that eats your brain cells

They’ve gone full outraged anti vaxxer on Joe Duffy, these last few weeks. Never go full outraged anti vaxxer on Joe Duffy ....
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

CAB hitting the scumbag knackers in Longford today. Great news.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was worth it to avoid quarantining.
So do you know whether you picked it up this morning?
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

CM11 wrote:
He said the great risk about Covid-19 is the asymptomatic nature of the disease and while that testing for the virus on arrival into Ireland is a good measure, there is a narrow window to catch the disease and many people could be incubating it but not test positive.
`
Obviously, nobody ever said it was 100%. Once again you strive for perfection.

Bizarre.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
`

Bizarre.
I'd like something which wasn't a bandaid. It's not 90% either. It could potentially catch zero cases given the most likely period travelers are going to catch covid.

Put it this way, do you think your negative (I assume) test means you don't have covid and will you behave as if you don't?
Stjudes

Post by Stjudes »

The below is what I took from it. I had to jump off for another meeting.

Limerick - Cork motorway a go, though it should be highlighted that bus and rail links are essential for the environment....It took 15 years work to get on the security council beating Canada to the seat....We will not get back on it for another 20 years....We rely heavily on the UK and following 5 meetings nothing has progressed but we need it too due to trade levels...If you come home its 14 days quarantine and that's not likely to change any time soon.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Liathroidigloine wrote:CAB hitting the scumbag knackers in Longford today. Great news.
Great stuff .... any link?

CAB seem to be having a lot of success in recent months
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote:I’m pretty sure at this stage that both BB and ER have a new strain of covid ...... a strain that eats your brain cells

They’ve gone full outraged anti vaxxer on Joe Duffy, these last few weeks. Never go full outraged anti vaxxer on Joe Duffy ....
Nonsense. This is "I know you are but what am I" level arguing.

Some lads on here have themselves gone full on hysterical. Lads seeing a couple sitting too close in the park ("just wait for the spike next week"), Dunnes selling bath mats ("terrible stuff, Dunnes are vile, they should just stick to selling me Sheridan's Cheese") and now this Dame Lane stuff.

Where is the anti vaxxer stuff here? Again, stop making stuff up.

I'm very happy that some sense was seen on pubs being allowed to reopen on June 29th. I said it was stupid at the time on here and was shouted down. Lo and behold it happened. I pointed out that the 105 minutes idea was stupid and would lead to pub crawls and outdoor drinking, lo and behold it happens.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

I think it's far better to see everyone outside than couped up in a poorly ventilated pub. Not ideal, but the majority of youngsters will put their own social life first over the concerns for others. We've all been there. So it's the best of a bad situation really.

The thing is, if there is another surge in cases, the pubs will be first to go and there will be little public appetite to have them re-opened again. I hope it's not the case, but this quick fix for the publicans could hurt them in the long run.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

rfurlong wrote:
Liathroidigloine wrote:CAB hitting the scumbag knackers in Longford today. Great news.

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/l ... roperties/

I'm told that over 200 Guards involved.
Last edited by Liathroidigloine on Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

BB

You're the one who's being hysterical. The Dunnes thing is a great example of that. I just asked how they were allowed open and instead of acknowledging they were taking the piss and moving on, you went on some bizarre defence of your right to buy a bin.
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
`

Bizarre.
I'd like something which wasn't a bandaid. It's not 90% either. It could potentially catch zero cases given the most likely period travelers are going to catch covid.

Put it this way, do you think your negative (I assume) test means you don't have covid and will you behave as if you don't?
I think it is the rule brought in by the experts here in this State, and I'm happy to abide by it. You're arguing with experts?

It's pretty bloody obvious that it isn't full proof ffs. Once again, this is all about balancing risks and taking adequate precautions. That's life now, get on with it. I know you're on the suppress the curve wagon now so just be up front about that.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
rfurlong wrote:

https://www.shannonside.ie/news/local/l ... roperties/

I'm told that over 200 Guards involved.
I presume the locations mentioned all correlate with traveller halting sites ? Why don’t the media have the balls to call it out ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote:
JoeMangled wrote:FF quickly reminding everyone that they are tits. Even with needing to put less ministers in the firing line with the coalition, they still manage to fúck it up.

All semblance of this being the sensible choice of government are quickly being eroded away with joe public.

Actually cant stand to look at the SF TDs already.
Two pints four years ago

Relax with the drama :lol:
Okay Danny Healy Rae
Blackrock Bullet

Boxcar Ira wrote:I think it's far better to see everyone outside than couped up in a poorly ventilated pub. Not ideal, but the majority of youngsters will put their own social life first over the concerns for others. We've all been there. So it's the best of a bad situation really.

The thing is, if there is another surge in cases, the pubs will be first to go and there will be little public appetite to have them re-opened again. I hope it's not the case, but this quick fix for the publicans could hurt them in the long run.
Well as I said, in trying to to channel Statto's "there's a hidden logic to that rule", perhaps that's what the goal was? Turf em out to the fresh air,.

Lets not confuse a spike with a surge. There will be spikes, that's the reality. Pubs should not close because of spikes.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

CM11 wrote:BB

You're the one who's being hysterical. The Dunnes thing is a great example of that. I just asked how they were allowed open and instead of acknowledging they were taking the piss and moving on, you went on some bizarre defence of your right to buy a bin.
The 105 mins rule is there to allow restaurants to turn tables around and thereby drive the most value out of their reduced capacity

Pubs masquerading as restaurants in order to sell booze on the streets should be hammered.

The gardai are rightly shutting these pubs down
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Boxcar Ira wrote:I think it's far better to see everyone outside than couped up in a poorly ventilated pub. Not ideal, but the majority of youngsters will put their own social life first over the concerns for others. We've all been there. So it's the best of a bad situation really.

Well as I said, in trying to to channel Statto's "there's a hidden logic to that rule", perhaps that's what the goal was? Turf em out to the fresh air,.

Lets not confuse a spike with a surge. There will be spikes, that's the reality. Pubs should not close because of spikes.
Yes they fvcking should ...... your stance is bizarre
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

I see that genius still hasn't figured out the reason for the time limit.

Impressive ignorance
Blackrock Bullet

Because you were wrong.

I pointed out the regulations (which make it clear they could open) and you ignored it.

I pointed out that they would sell essential products there, ignored and ridiculed.

I pointed out that they closed the majority of their stores in the likes of Stephen's Green Centre, completely ignored.

Instead they were greedy money hungry plum putting public health in danger. All from you tut tutting from the queue to get in at the Swan Centre. Let's not rewrite history here.
Blackrock Bullet

Mullet 2 wrote:I see that genius still hasn't figured out the reason for the time limit.

Impressive ignorance
I know, I have figured it out. It's so people can drink outdoors and we can get all outraged over that.

I'm interested to know what equation they ran to increase it from 90 to 105 minutes, can't wait to see the workings.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Because you were wrong.

I pointed out the regulations (which make it clear they could open) and you ignored it.

I pointed out that they would sell essential products there, ignored and ridiculed.

I pointed out that they closed the majority of their stores in the likes of Stephen's Green Centre, completely ignored.

Instead they were greedy money hungry plum putting public health in danger. All from you tut tutting from the queue to get in at the Swan Centre. Let's not rewrite history here.
Again, hysterics. I wasn't tut tutting. I was asking how they could open and I still disagree that they sold any essential products.
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Yes they fvcking should ...... your stance is bizarre
What's bizarre?

A spike in cases could mean 100 cases in a factory. Why should pubs close over that?

Can we please rewind to March here, the reasoning for lockdowns was to stop hospitals getting overrun. We are a long way from that happening again.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

A lot of the better run places dodged a bullet by delaying opening this weekend - it was always going to be carnage.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:
`

Bizarre.

I think it is the rule brought in by the experts here in this State, and I'm happy to abide by it. You're arguing with experts?

It's pretty bloody obvious that it isn't full proof ffs. Once again, this is all about balancing risks and taking adequate precautions. That's life now, get on with it. I know you're on the suppress the curve wagon now so just be up front about that.
You do know that quote is from an expert calling for mandatory 14 day quarantine?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was worth it to avoid quarantining.
Essential travel yeah.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:I see that genius still hasn't figured out the reason for the time limit.

Impressive ignorance
I know, I have figured it out. It's so people can drink outdoors and we can get all outraged over that.

I'm interested to know what equation they ran to increase it from 90 to 105 minutes, can't wait to see the workings.
How long is a game of football plus half time?

The fact that you have said it's a equation proves you haven't got it.

You've been all over the shop for months pushing your fruit loop conspiracy theories
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Essential travel yeah.
You fell to the arch troll.

He's on fire this lad
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Because you were wrong.

Again, hysterics. I wasn't tut tutting. I was asking how they could open and I still disagree that they sold any essential products.
Mullet 2 wrote:
camroc1 wrote:
CM11 wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
CM11 wrote:And speaking of homeware stores, why is the Dunnes homeware store in the Swan allowed stay open? They've also left their clothes store open there but at least that's in the same unit as the groceries.
Dunnes as usual have been taking the piss.
:thumbup:
They are probably arguing that the homeware shop is under the same roof as the grocery shop.
They can argue all they like they know well it was a mistake and as usual in Ireland we give the "ah sure its grand"
Tut tutting and saying Dunnes were taking the piss, with a classic bit of Joe Duffy "only in Ireland" thrown in.

The facts were that Dunnes closed many stores and closed large sections of stores.

They sold essential bathroom items, bins and other hygiene products in there, all of which was completely allowable under the regulations, which I posted.
Blackrock Bullet wrote:https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/62529 ... arch-2020/
1. Retail and wholesale sale of food, beverages and newspapers in non-specialised and specialised stores

2. Retail sale of household consumer products necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of residences and businesses
What's the issue with Dunnes opening exactly? Their homeware department will sell bins for example, are people supposed to just not go to them? I know their St Stephens Green outlet had the top floor closed with certain items moved to the middle floor, some gross exaggeration of what's going on.
You can disagree, but were wrong, and refuse to acknowledge that. Because a few of you on here started to lose total perspective during this. The person you were onside with during that was debating with abuse and telling OAPs to go online to buy a new bin if they needed it.
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:Because he has put his own convenience in front of lives from day one.

Basically Donald only no craic.

As you rightly point out, Woodies sell fúcking bins too. But this is purely about the edge.
"f**king bins" aren't part and parcel of basic sanitation of houses? What about bath mats, towels, linen, duvets etc?

There is no edge here whatsoever, this is basic common sense.

You can deal with my points here instead of hurling some tired old abuse in your reply as well thanks.
Zero hysteria from me, just pointing out the facts of the regulations and what actually was going on in Dunnes.
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:You're falling into the classic mistake of think that he is normal person who wants to discuss things.

I sat beside a guy like Brock at a political dinner thing one time. Blueshirt of course and informed us he was a solicitor by way on introduction.

The entire night he interrupted people to make deliberately contrarian points. It became apparent that actually he was just somebody incapable of functioning normally and this was the only way he knew of involving himself in the conversation.

"We should join the commonwealth" "Flat tax is clearly the best model" etc.

I'm pretty sure it actually was Brock now I think of it.
Nice story, funny how I am here criticising the Government right now but keep the imagination and irrelevant replies going, you never have much else. :thumbup:
Did I say you were a member of the Government? Of course you're criticising, that's your entire schtick.

Fester does it better.
Not really, for example I praised most of the Government's initial reaction. You got a bit stroppy about Varadkar's St Patrick's Day speech for example, despite it being widely praised, you wanted more. A bit of rationality here would be nice.

CM11, take a trip down to St Stephen's Green Dunnes this weekend. There likely will be a good sized queue to get it in, as they are implementing social distancing. You'll notice they have signs up that the top floor is closed and that certain essential products were moved to the middle floor. I'm sure there might be a few products there that you will quibble about their necessity, but c'est la vie. The reality is that the Swan homeware space is quite small and they have a different dynamic in that centre.

I think Dunnes and Heffernan are twats generally, but the criticism here is OTT. Just my opinion, the end.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

:lol: We haven’t had a melt down on the board in a while suppose we were due one
Blackrock Bullet

Duff Paddy wrote:
Essential travel yeah.
Yup, my fiance's father is very ill and she needs support. I'll be working from here for a couple of months I guess.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Yeah maybe. Everything is done with the intention of "flattening" I guess so it's not mad to think that. Once the initial excitement of going out again dies down, things will get a little calmer and we can move back indoors!

Agree on spikes and surges too. A surge for me is a serious uplift. There will be spikes as you say. Hopefully nothing major but I suspect we will be tested in September / October.
Blackrock Bullet

Duff Paddy wrote::lol: We haven’t had a melt down on the board in a while suppose we were due one
I'm just pointing out another piece of OTT board hysteria over Covid, to go with the other ones before.
Blackrock Bullet

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:

Yeah maybe. Everything is done with the intention of "flattening" I guess so it's not mad to think that. Once the initial excitement of going out again dies down, things will get a little calmer and we can move back indoors!

Agree on spikes and surges too. A surge for me is a serious uplift. There will be spikes as you say. Hopefully nothing major but I suspect we will be tested in September / October.
Agreed, once again I have no issue with closing pubs again if our hospital infrastructure comes under pressure.

There's a lot of people after the weekend though just waiting from an increase because of drinking in Dame Lane. If our cases go from less than 10 a day to 25 in one day we will have people shrieking to close businesses down again.

Let's have a bit of rationality. People are not going to behave like robots 100% of the time. There will be some spikes, but our testing and contact tracing infrastructure should help avoid another surge. :thumbup:
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote:You do know that quote is from an expert calling for mandatory 14 day quarantine?
And you do know that experts in different places say different things...I know a couple of months ago we were pretending they weren't but I thought yourself and Mullet were beyond that now?

The rule here is to quarantine unless you get a clear test. Moving between some States will require proof of a test in the last couple of days. Masks are far more widespread and mandatory than in Ireland. And once again Statto, before you say the obvious in "it's not 100%", we know.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
CM11 wrote:You do know that quote is from an expert calling for mandatory 14 day quarantine?
And you do know that experts in different places say different things...I know a couple of months ago we were pretending they weren't but I thought yourself and Mullet were beyond that now?

The rule here is to quarantine unless you get a clear test. Moving between some States will require proof of a test in the last couple of days. Masks are far more widespread and mandatory than in Ireland. And once again Statto, before you say the obvious in "it's not 100%", we know.
So I presume you're behaving as if you could still be infected?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Duff Paddy wrote::lol: We haven’t had a melt down on the board in a while suppose we were due one

Looking back in anybodies posts makes you a stalker

Can’t remember who brought that rule in....
Blackrock Bullet

I'm in the sticks so pretty much, just go for runs down the beach.

@ER

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53300784
Delays to cancer diagnosis and treatment due to coronavirus could cause thousands of excess deaths in the UK within a year, research suggests.

Scientists suggest there could be at least 7,000 additional deaths - but in a worst case scenario that number could be as high as 35,000.

There are concerns routine screenings, urgent referrals and treatments have been delayed or cancelled.
Blackrock Bullet

Mullet 2 wrote:

Looking back in anybodies posts makes you a stalker

Can’t remember who brought that rule in....
My posts?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Essential travel yeah.
Yup, my fiance's father is very ill and she needs support. I'll be working from here for a couple of months I guess.

That’s just what ill people need

Selfish dickheads straight from the pub