Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Duff Paddy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
Flametop wrote:HTF did this guy end up as minister for children?

https://m.herald.ie/news/ogorman-backs- ... 46188.html
By being a competent, intelligent member of the Green Party?

I'm not sure that there's sufficient medical evidence on either side regarding gender change rights for kids.
There is growing evidence that puberty blockers and cross sex hormones are a very bad idea for children but let's assume there are some children that need it, I completely disagree with any GP being able to sign off on it. This is an incredibly complex and potentially damaging (for life) issue that needs expert opinion to judge the right course of action for a child.
I’m generally fairly woke about this stuff, live and let live, but I really don’t see why they can’t wait until 18 to start treatment - it just seems too risky before then. I have a friend in the professional side of the area and we had a fairly strong argument over this one night and they were having none of it. They wanted children of any age to have treatment - like children not even teenagers yet. I was fairly shocked but there are people out there who are seriously extreme and entrenched on this.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

CM11 wrote:Over 200k downloads of the app. :thumbup:
I wonder what Facebook Land has to say about the app? ER?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

anonymous_joe wrote:

I'm not sure that there's sufficient medical evidence on either side regarding gender change rights for kids.

WtF
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

There is growing evidence that puberty blockers and cross sex hormones are a very bad idea for children but let's assume there are some children that need it, I completely disagree with any GP being able to sign off on it. This is an incredibly complex and potentially damaging (for life) issue that needs expert opinion to judge the right course of action for a child.
I’m generally fairly woke about this stuff, live and let live, but I really don’t see why they can’t wait until 18 to start treatment - it just seems too risky before then. I have a friend in the professional side of the area and we had a fairly strong argument over this one night and they were having none of it. They wanted children of any age to have treatment - like children not even teenagers yet. I was fairly shocked but there are people out there who are seriously extreme and entrenched on this.
Yep. It's gotten so entrenched. You can't argue that there are some children who will be permanently damaged by a gender change without being accused of transphobia. No matter how many more qualified people than me think the same.

If you take the parallel of homesexuality, if a 12 year old says they're gay, you accept that but allow for time to figure out if they are (plenty of kids think they might be gay only to figure out in adulthood they're not and vice versa). In the same way I think we should accept kids with gender issues and support them in any way we can but I'd be very opinionated on any physical interventions and really you can't leave it to a GP or well meaning parents to make that call.
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

Mullet 2 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

WtF
I'm not touching this with a barge pole!
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Liathroidigloine wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

WtF
I'm not touching this with a barge pole!
I've being trying not to but have failed recently. I'm fairly liberal and accepting of what people want to do but we're talking about kids here. On the flip side you'll get others going 'exactly, we're talking about kids and you refusing access to treatment is child abuse'. It's such a bloody minefield for the majority of people who just want everyone to be able to live their own unique life.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Ulsters Red Hand

Post by Ulsters Red Hand »

Bel Tel are an absolute slag of a paper, they’ve put out an article from Noah Donahoe’s dad who’s never met the kid

Sh*t form x(
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Leaving Cert biology is the sum total of my scientific knowledge. I'm not going to even pretend to hold a position one way or another in the absence of medical knowledge.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Leaving Cert biology is the sum total of my scientific knowledge. I'm not going to even pretend to hold a position one way or another in the absence of medical knowledge.
Would you call a GP to the stand as an expert on bone injuries? For example.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Whiplash, for sure. ;)
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet while I agree Cowen should go, personally I never thought the brand was sound enough to have him so far inside the tent, but Mick is caught isn't he. So early to be jettisoning somebody though would fix his Western flank. I should state I think he should go for the learner bit as that is just retarded stupid to be going around like that as a PR.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:Mullet while I agree Cowen should go, personally I never thought the brand was sound enough to have him so far inside the tent, but Mick is caught isn't he. So early to be jettisoning somebody though would fix his Western flank. I should state I think he should go for the learner bit as that is just retarded stupid to be going around like that as a PR.
Yep. Stupid eejit. Can't really talk about SF flouting stuff and then let Cowan away with this.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Don't get me wrong as Sheahan has done an absolute number on him but I suppose revenge is a dish best served cold
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Took a look at the Melbourne thread about covid, which is instantly swamped by right wingers, then becomes a Brexit thread. Which lead me on to the checking the covid thread, and it’s wall to wall Tory. :lol:

All of the English posters left are full on toryboys.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

normilet wrote:So, who downloaded the Covid Tracker app?

I gave it a go, seems intuitive enough, just let it run away now and it will tell you if someone wit Covid goes near you. 60 odd thousand people signed up to use it so far from what I can see.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-app- ... 6-Jul2020/
100K I heard on the radio.
In a number of polls only 63% said they would download.
Last edited by lorcanoworms on Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normilet

Post by normilet »

lorcanoworms wrote:
normilet wrote:So, who downloaded the Covid Tracker app?

I gave it a go, seems intuitive enough, just let it run away now and it will tell you if someone wit Covid goes near you. 60 odd thousand people signed up to use it so far from what I can see.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-app- ... 6-Jul2020/
100K I heard on the radio.

Apologies, I got mixed up with the figure on the app showing how many people had checked in today.

Seems to have hit over 200k downloads now.
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

If I had a phone for it I’d download it.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

The English have to go Ra Ra at this stage. In it to win it really
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

EverReady wrote:The English have to go Ra Ra at this stage. In it to win it really
It’s been an unmitigated disaster for them.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Floppykid wrote:Took a look at the Melbourne thread about covid, which is instantly swamped by right wingers, then becomes a Brexit thread. Which lead me on to the checking the covid thread, and it’s wall to wall Tory. :lol:

All of the English posters left are full on toryboys.
This one from Terry is a doozie:
The virus does seem to thrive in colder, damp conditions
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

There’s a growing weirdo core of Irish Q freaks online. :lol:
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Of whats?
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Qanon.

It’s bonkers stuff and has spread out from the US online like a virus.

G’OD stuff
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Probably not. Bony injuries would normally be identified by way of an x-ray and/or a consultant in emergency medicine.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Floppykid wrote:Qanon.

G’OD stuff
Yeah it will be big here in the not too distant future. We always catch up with the US and UK on political trends eventually.

We'll be longing for Sinn Fein :(
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Boxcar Ira wrote:
Floppykid wrote:Qanon.

G’OD stuff
Yeah it will be big here in the not too distant future. We always catch up with the US and UK on political trends eventually.

We'll be longing for Sinn Fein :(
Jaysus lads, it's away with the fairies stuff :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QAnon

If it attracts the "woke" vote away from SF, so be it; but admitting to believing it will be like saying that deep down you really like the Brits. People will give you a funny look, buy you a drink and say "go on, get that down you, you sound as if you need it !"
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

https://twitter.com/JanineQ20

Have a scan through this random example.
Complete internet/social media poisoning.
sewa

Post by sewa »

camroc1 wrote:
If it attracts the "woke" vote away from SF, so be it; but admitting to believing it will be like saying that deep down you really like the Brits. People will give you a funny look, buy you a drink and say "go on, get that down you, you sound as if you need it !"
Most of us like the Brits you weirdo.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Floppykid wrote:https://twitter.com/JanineQ20

Has a whiff of a fake account
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Leinsterman wrote:

Has a whiff of a fake account
Some of them are fake for sure, but there's plenty or Irish ones just like that that aren't.

It's just a fringe conspiracy thing, but social media gives it a level of prominence it shouldn't have.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

would
CarrotGawks

Post by CarrotGawks »

I'm seeing if I can stop with social media. In the first instance the effect it has on attention is not really being contended with. This short, sharp "thought" in a constant stream, coming from anywhere and everywhere, anyone and everyone is having a serious effect on people's (mine included) ability to go half an hour without a "hit." And second, unlike forums and chatrooms there's fudge all actual discussion. There's people belting out slogans, but if you're a small account no-one actually engages, and if you're a big account you just dominate the topic with trite self serving statements.

Social media, for all its good in certain areas, is an absolute pox compared to "older" forms of communication on the internet.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

John Connor hanging with Hermann Kelly

https://twitter.com/hermannkelly/status ... 37058?s=20
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

paddyor wrote:John Connor hanging with Hermann Kelly

https://twitter.com/hermannkelly/status ... 37058?s=20
Jesus christ. One of the first random replies I clicked on.
https://twitter.com/LindaORiordan6

Never mind the bad English, she's got Trump and QAnon shit in her bio, and retweets the likes of Jim Corr and Gemtrails.

Registered June 2020. Either smells very botty, or that's a concerningly unhinged idiot who's carer needs to change their internet priviliges.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

That's John Connors career down the swanie. What a fücking twat. All he had to do was be anti Government and not shite on about gays but the traveller in him couldn't help himself. This on Coveney supporting O'Gorman :lol:
A tyrannical psychopath with zero morals. Irelands political establishment
Liathroidigloine

Post by Liathroidigloine »

EverReady wrote:That's John Connors career down the swanie. What a fücking twat. All he had to do was be anti Government and not shite on about gays but the traveller in him couldn't help himself. This on Coveney supporting O'Gorman :lol:
A tyrannical psychopath with zero morals. Irelands political establishment
He is an absolute scum bag. There was some online thing run by the local theatre recently and he was in it. It cost a fiver but nobody paid for it. Nobody in Longford want's to listen to another mouthy knacker.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

He's a simpleton with a pulpit. Plenty of them
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

His travelller call out videos to Leo and Harris at the begininng of the lock down was quite something. Everyone just had to ignore it and pretend it wasn't a traveller bringing call out videos to the political discourse.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

His artsy fartsy crew will be devastated

'John was so on it about Si and Micheál last night. Just called them out on homeless and austerity and nurs...'
'Sorry to be the one to tell you this Fuchsia but John doesn't like the gays. Now I don't mean doesn't like Leo austerity gay I mean all the gays'
'Jee....sus'