Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Uncle Fester

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Uncle Fester »

Leinsterman wrote:THIS is an incredibly uninformed and poorly written article at a time when as many people as possible should be downloading the app.
Worth a read.
https://twitter.com/Tupp_Ed/status/1280 ... 16864?s=19
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Duff Paddy wrote:Crazy for MM not to allow questions after Cowan’s statement last night - they handed Paul Murphy a platform on all the radio stations this morning. It just sounds bad. Pity Paul isn’t smart enough to ask the biggest question - how was he still over the limit for a garda station blood test if he really did have just 2 drinks over the course of a match that also included a light meal. Nah.
Tested under the lower limit for learner and commercial drivers?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Crazy for MM not to allow questions after Cowan’s statement last night - they handed Paul Murphy a platform on all the radio stations this morning. It just sounds bad. Pity Paul isn’t smart enough to ask the biggest question - how was he still over the limit for a garda station blood test if he really did have just 2 drinks over the course of a match that also included a light meal. Nah.

That's my understanding
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:THIS is an incredibly uninformed and poorly written article at a time when as many people as possible should be downloading the app.
Worth a read.
I skimmed the start of that. At any point did he acknowledge that you don't need to consent to the metrics being sent for the app to work properly?
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

CM11 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.
I skimmed the start of that. At any point did he acknowledge that you don't need to consent to the metrics being sent for the app to work properly?
No.

And even then complains that asking for consent is not best practice.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Nolanator wrote:
EverReady wrote:...he best way is to pick a point of adulthood, we've decided that is 18, and let the person make their decision then. Obviously the flaws are obvious in that they have been infected by those around them for years up to that point. ...
Ah here, that's a particularly shit take.
People can absolutely be influenced by others with an agenda and steered towards a specific outcome, but this is implying that there's nothing legitimate about trans people and that they have no agency in the entire thing.
I wasn't being entirely serious though there will be a cohort whose parents revel in their difference. Hippy tofu eating sorts who can brag about their chick with dick daughter down the wind farm symposium
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.

That the first security/IT person I've seen raise concerns, all others I've seen say it a good app, not perfect by any means but good and it'll do as intention with good safeguards.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Mullet 2 wrote:People believe they should have been born without an arm.

Should we mutilate them?
I believe i was born as a billionaire and identify as such. Should i be given a billion euro?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.

That the first security/IT person I've seen raise concerns, all others I've seen say it a good app, not perfect by any means but good and it'll do as intention with good safeguards.
He's a solicitor. x(

As you say, not perfect by any means but I don't see him coming up with an alternative.
He doesn't seem to grasp the location settings either. Anyway, a few mates of mine spent the last couple of days pulling apart the code and couldn't see anything untoward or sinister about it.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

HighKingLeinster wrote:

Should we mutilate them?
I believe i was born as a billionaire and identify as such. Should i be given a billion euro?

We'll call ourselves the one armed bandits.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Mullet 2 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

That's my understanding
Of all the things they could have done to get people to sit their full test that has to be the most compelling :lol:
HighKingLeinster

Mullet 2 wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:

Should we mutilate them?

We'll call ourselves the one armed bandits.
Eh, I/they identify as a 3 armed billionaire and would appreciate if you didnt lable me/they
CM11

Post by CM11 »

HighKingLeinster wrote:

Should we mutilate them?
Watched the show about the guy who identified as 20 years younger. It was actually more compelling an argument than I first thought. The guy was incredibly fit and met physical/biological markers that I probably wouldn't meet being the age he was going for. Given the world we live in, it's not as far fetched as it sounds. But sadly doesn't have a social media campaign behind it.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Zu shut ze hole
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Leinsterman wrote:
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.

He's a solicitor. x(

As you say, not perfect by any means but I don't see him coming up with an alternative.
He doesn't seem to grasp the location settings either. Anyway, a few mates of mine spent the last couple of days pulling apart the code and couldn't see anything untoward or sinister about it.
:lol:

ahha, sewing the seeds for some future moneyyyy!
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

He seems to specialize in data but that doesn't necessarily mean he understands the tech side of the app. I think I'll give more credence to what my mates say in this one particular instance.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.
That lad has never been in favour of anything ever. Everything is a breach of privacy rules to him.

Reality is, most people long ago gave up any claims to privacy.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

A pain in the hole solicitor expounding on an issue he hasn't a rashers about and endangering public health?

Can't be
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.
That lad has never been in favour of anything ever. Everything is a breach of privacy rules to him.

Reality is, most people long ago gave up any claims to privacy.
Ah, that explains why Fester likes him.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Mullet 2 wrote:A pain in the hole solicitor expounding on an issue he hasn't a rashers about and endangering public health?

Can't be
He knows what he's on about.

He's an expert on data privacy and has been pursuing an interest in it for donkeys years.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

He's a expert in getting paid that's what he is.

Fúck him and his tinfoil hat, the cúnt.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Mullet 2 wrote:A pain in the hole solicitor expounding on an issue he hasn't a rashers about and endangering public health?

Can't be

He's an expert on data privacy and has been pursuing an interest in it for donkeys years.
Well, we have a sample of one thing he apparently knows about and he's not won us over by spouting bullshit.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

Well, we have a sample of one thing he apparently knows about and he's not won us over by spouting bullshit.
Pretty much everything is a breach of privacy regs.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
CM11 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

Pretty much everything is a breach of privacy regs.
The point is that he's talking about something that you have to give permission for and doesn't affect app use if you don't. He's basically arguing that having said 'yes you can use my info' that people are being duped into sending their info.

Anyway, as a result of him and other idiots, some people have actually deregistered from the app. Morons.
HighKingLeinster

I really dont get the privacy issues people harp on about. I dont give a shit if the government knows when i was in Centra or out for a walk. Its only criminals that should really be concerned about being tracked
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

I mean, he's correct. People are being persuaded to provide information they might not otherwise need to.

I don't see a problem with that given the Covid-19 crisis, but you can hardly claim he's wrong.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

HighKingLeinster wrote:I really dont get the privacy issues people harp on about. I dont give a shit if the government knows when i was in Centra or out for a walk. Its only criminals that should really be concerned about being tracked
It's not an issue in Ireland because we never had Nazis, the Stasi, the KGB, etc, running the country.

For anybody who lived east of the Ardennes in the 20th century, privacy is a huge issue.

About the only major public scandal I can think of here in that regard was FF wire-tapping journalists in the 80s. Consider how different attitudes would be if the victims had been more widespread and the surveillance near total.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

anonymous_joe wrote:I mean, he's correct. People are being persuaded to provide information they might not otherwise need to.

I don't see a problem with that given the Covid-19 crisis, but you can hardly claim he's wrong.
Being persuaded? Wtf? They're specifically told they don't have to. And once they've said yes, told if they change their mind they can change it in preferences. In other words it's a preference not required.
HighKingLeinster

anonymous_joe wrote:
HighKingLeinster wrote:I really dont get the privacy issues people harp on about. I dont give a shit if the government knows when i was in Centra or out for a walk. Its only criminals that should really be concerned about being tracked
It's not an issue in Ireland because we never had Nazis, the Stasi, the KGB, etc, running the country.

For anybody who lived east of the Ardennes in the 20th century, privacy is a huge issue.

About the only major public scandal I can think of here in that regard was FF wire-tapping journalists in the 80s. Consider how different attitudes would be if the victims had been more widespread and the surveillance near total.
pffft, cranks and nutjobs

like the government cares when you shop or who you are having a sordid affair with
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

So he makes money out of this this. I’m shocked.
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

Floppykid wrote:https://twitter.com/JanineQ20

Have a scan through this random example.
Complete internet/social media poisoning.
Born from warrior wombs :lol: :lol:
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

HighKingLeinster wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

pffft, cranks and nutjobs

like the government cares when you shop or who you are having a sordid affair with
Given the reversion to fascistic policies in Hungary and Poland, I wouldn't say it's cranks and nutjobs.

Most people wouldn't want the world to know if they sneakily take drugs, cheat on their missus, etc.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

I can only hope you're unemployed if the idea that people making money out of their area of expertise is something you disapprove of.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

I can only hope you're unemployed if the idea that people making money out of their area of expertise is something you disapprove of.
Except he's talking bollox on this, and his scaremongering may cause people to die of covid that otherwise wouldn't.
And it really is that simple.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

Nothing he says is wrong though, that I'm aware of. And nobody is pointing out anything he has said that's wrong.

Further to that, 80-something people have liked it. Nobody is noticing this.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

anonymous_joe wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:

Can't be

I’m shocked that a member of the legal profession is putting his right to personal enrichment ahead of the common good
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

anonymous_joe wrote:Nothing he says is wrong though, that I'm aware of. And nobody is pointing out anything he has said that's wrong.

He didn't have to open his mouth at all.

Normally lawyers charge by the word for their opinion.
anonymous_joe

Post by anonymous_joe »

camroc1 wrote:
anonymous_joe wrote:Nothing he says is wrong though, that I'm aware of. And nobody is pointing out anything he has said that's wrong.

He didn't have to open his mouth at all.

Normally lawyers charge by the word for their opinion.
You what?

Experts publically give their views all the time. Sure half the medical professors of Ireland have been in the news in the last few months.

This is an expert in a field giving his view on something.

I don't agree with his concerns, but I don't see anything to suggest he's wrong.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Quite a significant downturn in app registrations. Looks like somewhere in the region of 50k to 100k. FFS
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

Uncle Fester wrote:
Worth a read.
Yeah it is worth reading. Glad it is being interrogated but no major flaws being found. The data protection people I work are a real pain in the a$$. make it their business to find flaws but I guess that is their job.

There is always going to be a trade off between getting value out of the internet and privacy. This is one I am willing to make anyway.