Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Nolanator wrote:
EverReady wrote: Careful my hoop. A significant proportion of the country are in an absolute tizzy over this. At every phase there has been dire warnings and fück all has happened. You have been sold a pup and the fact some virologist is now shiteing on about fücking housing should have the light go on over everybody's head
This is the kind of moronic take you'd see on twitter with some wingnut claiming that we didn't need to lockdown because of how few deaths there were, after locking down.
I'm not on twinter as I am not of a generation that would vote the Shinners into power while aborting babies a go go. The younger are in a death spiral and I think that is why the 20's/30's birds with all the repeal Facebook frames are loving the Covid and being able to shite on about staying at home and banning tourists from having pudding. So it is the natural space for you but Mullet and Stats are more inexplicable but I suppose they have been sheltered from the real world unlike extremely well travelled persons such as myself
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote:
Nolanator wrote:
EverReady wrote: Careful my hoop. A significant proportion of the country are in an absolute tizzy over this. At every phase there has been dire warnings and fück all has happened. You have been sold a pup and the fact some virologist is now shiteing on about fücking housing should have the light go on over everybody's head
This is the kind of moronic take you'd see on twitter with some wingnut claiming that we didn't need to lockdown because of how few deaths there were, after locking down.
I'm not on twinter as I am not of a generation that would vote the Shinners into power while aborting babies a go go. The younger are in a death spiral and I think that is why the 20's/30's birds with all the repeal Facebook frames are loving the Covid and being able to shite on about staying at home and banning tourists from having pudding. So it is the natural space for you but Mullet and Stats are more inexplicable but I suppose they have been sheltered from the real world unlike extremely well travelled persons such as myself
:lol: :thumbup:
Floppykid

Post by Floppykid »

Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Bunty McFluffington?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Just looked at the hospital admissions there. I think I'm right in saying that yesterday's report was the first day since the first covid admission that there hasn't been any confirmed cases admitted to hospital.

11 confirmed cases in hospital, all ICU.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
EverReady wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:Anyway - as an aside, what's the craic with getting a discretionary Covid test in Ireland? I got one there at the weekend after I landed, took about 45 minutes total, $160 the charge. Was orth it to avoid quarantining.
What people do is they make up symptoms if they are worried and then they get the test 'eh doc I have all the symptoms except a temp. Very poorly'
All for free?

I reckon the Irish Government are delaying lifting the quarantine rules now because there will be some announcement on testing being available when you land, close to the airport. Varadkar talked about paying before, they'll need someone to administer to.
is there any update on this BB ? I saw an add in the paper last week - a company that was testing for business travellers on arrival at the airport so that they meet clients worry free etc ? where did you arrive back from btw ? cheers
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-kenny-pe ... 6-Jul2020/

Well, this is bizarre. Why on earth would you think being a citizen makes a difference to a virus?
sewa

Post by sewa »

ticketlessinseattle wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
All for free?

I reckon the Irish Government are delaying lifting the quarantine rules now because there will be some announcement on testing being available when you land, close to the airport. Varadkar talked about paying before, they'll need someone to administer to.
is there any update on this BB ? I saw an add in the paper last week - a company that was testing for business travellers on arrival at the airport so that they meet clients worry free etc ? where did you arrive back from btw ? cheers
PCR tests take quite a bit of time with all the standards and sample prep, you'd be in quarantine for a day at least I reckon unless they have some other quick test I haven't seen
nardol

Post by nardol »

CM11 wrote:https://www.thejournal.ie/mary-kenny-pe ... 6-Jul2020/

Well, this is bizarre. Why on earth would you think being a citizen makes a difference to a virus?
It's a fair question. Some countries do and have exempted returning nationals and only apply quarantine to foreigners.

Granted a virus doesnt look at nationality. But laws are made by people and these people need votes. So rational decision making as we all know doesn't always apply.
ticketlessinseattle

camroc1 wrote:Right.
Spent the last three nights in Westport. Down on Thursday, and things were quiet enough, though lots of people were checking into the hotel on Thursday evening. Friday was busier, but Saturday was hopping. My wife bought shoes (as they do) and the proprietor told her that Saturday was the busiest they'd been since the August BH last year. Talking to the restaurateurs, business has been poor 'till Thursday/Friday this week, and then it was suddenly back to normal July levels.
was in Kenmare with day trips to Caherdaniel, Killarney, Glengarriff etc for 8 days ; was impressed with restaurants and shops compliance ; even where we were staying had a issue with just getting boiler sorted ; owner came out and stood outside house to walk us through what to do ; would not come in due to covid ; was wandering around with wife and kids one night after dinner ; went into pub and asked could we order desserts, coffee and a pint ; apologised and said he could do everything except pint as had to be a substantial meal regardless of €9 ; one thing I noticed that was odd was some restaurants/pubs staff had everyone wearing masks and in others some were and some were not (in same establishment) even though all were going in and out of kitchen ; don't understand why anyone would still be pushing to go abroad on holidays ; its one summer, spend the cash here (the one thing I did really miss was being able to duck in for a sneaky pint when it suited it but obviously not a huge deal)
CM11

Post by CM11 »

nardol wrote:

It's a fair question. Some countries do and have exempted returning nationals and only apply quarantine to foreigners.

Granted a virus doesnt look at nationality. But laws are made by people and these people need votes. So rational decision making as we all know doesn't always apply.
Well that's just stupid.
nardol

Post by nardol »

CM11 wrote:
nardol wrote:

Well that's just stupid.
Reality is stupid?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

nardol wrote:
CM11 wrote:
nardol wrote:

Well that's just stupid.
Reality is stupid?
Frequently, yes.
Boxcar Ira

Post by Boxcar Ira »

camroc1 wrote:Right.
Spent the last three nights in Westport. Down on Thursday, and things were quiet enough, though lots of people were checking into the hotel on Thursday evening. Friday was busier, but Saturday was hopping. My wife bought shoes (as they do) and the proprietor told her that Saturday was the busiest they'd been since the August BH last year. Talking to the restaurateurs, business has been poor 'till Thursday/Friday this week, and then it was suddenly back to normal July levels.
was in Kenmare with day trips to Caherdaniel, Killarney, Glengarriff etc for 8 days ; was impressed with restaurants and shops compliance ; even where we were staying had a issue with just getting boiler sorted ; owner came out and stood outside house to walk us through what to do ; would not come in due to covid ; was wandering around with wife and kids one night after dinner ; went into pub and asked could we order desserts, coffee and a pint ; apologised and said he could do everything except pint as had to be a substantial meal regardless of €9 ; one thing I noticed that was odd was some restaurants/pubs staff had everyone wearing masks and in others some were and some were not (in same establishment) even though all were going in and out of kitchen ; don't understand why anyone would still be pushing to go abroad on holidays ; its one summer, spend the cash here (the one thing I did really miss was being able to duck in for a sneaky pint when it suited it but obviously not a huge deal)
Good to hear. Off to Bantry later this month having had to cancel Cambrils earlier this summer.

Apart from the weather, which is always going to be a lottery, I just hope the industry doesnt try to gouge us. Already paying the same amount in accomodation for one week as I was due to pay for 2 weeks in Spain.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Stupid self-important bint. Rules are for other people, etc.

If I go home, I've to isolate for 14 days, which is entirely proper. It's why I haven't seen anyone in my family since February. She can fück off.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Nolanator wrote:

If I go home, I've to isolate for 14 days, which is entirely proper. It's why I haven't seen anyone in my family since February. She can fück off.
I don't think she was trying to flaunt rules, just thought we'd have different ones for citizens.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

CM11 wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

I don't think she was trying to flaunt rules, just thought we'd have different ones for citizens.
Which is moronic line of thinking. If she'd actually engaged her brain and still thought she shouldn't need to isolate, then she's either genuinely thick or willfully stupid.
sewa

Post by sewa »

Nolanator wrote:

Its advisory, not a legal requirement
MrBunhead

Post by MrBunhead »

Not sure what the issue is here.

She wasn't sure of the rules, found out what they were, and realised she couldn't go so cancelled.

She's getting a bit of stick for actually being responsible :lol:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

nardol wrote:
CM11 wrote:
nardol wrote:

Well that's just stupid.
Reality is stupid?
Yes
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MrBunhead wrote:Not sure what the issue is here.

She wasn't sure of the rules, found out what they were, and realised she couldn't go so cancelled.

Read the article - she’s a complete eejit
CM11

Post by CM11 »

It's more just the ignorance surrounding why you'd need to quarantine.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

was wandering around with wife and kids one night after dinner ; went into pub and asked could we order desserts, coffee and a pint ; apologised and said he could do everything except pint as had to be a substantial meal regardless of €9 ;
What’s the logic here? Fair enough if he refused you completely but he let you in for everything except the long. Does he think the “substantial meal” protects against the virus or something? It’s just to stop people ordering a packet of crisps with 10 pints and calling it a meal. The idea is that you have table service and social distancing.
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote:
was wandering around with wife and kids one night after dinner ; went into pub and asked could we order desserts, coffee and a pint ; apologised and said he could do everything except pint as had to be a substantial meal regardless of €9 ;
What’s the logic here? Fair enough if he refused you completely but he let you in for everything except the long. Does he think the “substantial meal” protects against the virus or something? It’s just to stop people ordering a packet of crisps with 10 pints and calling it a meal. The idea is that you have table service and social distancing.
yeah, the logic was questionable and I tried to explain that we would be spending well over the €9 on desserts, coffee etc and I would literally be having one pint (just to be clear we had already eaten dinner in the below spot) I didn't want to be a dick and push him on it and just said fair enough....the funny part was that he's also the owner of the house we were renting (he didn't realise this)! as an aside I know you're a fan of the area, if you're heading down there and haven't been already I'd highly recommend the boathouse bistro and also the pizza place next door ; owned by the non Francis Brennan one of the Brennan bros ; great grub but gorgeous setting on Kenmare Bay.

https://www.dromquinnamanor.com
Last edited by ticketlessinseattle on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Same in Westport.

Long lunches turned out to be the answer.

What was noticeable was that the Tourist Information Office was still closed and had been since the middle of March. So despite the private sector businesses being open, lots of tourists around the town, the Public Service Tourist Office couldn't be bothered to open.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Duff Paddy wrote:
yeah, the logic was questionable and I tried to explain that we would be spending well over the €9 on desserts, coffee etc and I would literally be having one pint (just to be clear we had already eaten dinner in the below spot) I didn't want to be a dick and push him on it and just said fair enough....the funny part was that he's also the owner of the house we were renting ! as an aside I know you're a fan of the area, if you're heading down there and haven't been already I'd highly recommend the boathouse bistro and also the pizza place next door ; owned by the non Francis Brennan one of the Brennan bros ; great grub but gorgeous setting on Kenmare Bay.

I’m heading down in a couple of months I’ll see about a booking
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
yeah, the logic was questionable and I tried to explain that we would be spending well over the €9 on desserts, coffee etc and I would literally be having one pint (just to be clear we had already eaten dinner in the below spot) I didn't want to be a dick and push him on it and just said fair enough....the funny part was that he's also the owner of the house we were renting ! as an aside I know you're a fan of the area, if you're heading down there and haven't been already I'd highly recommend the boathouse bistro and also the pizza place next door ; owned by the non Francis Brennan one of the Brennan bros ; great grub but gorgeous setting on Kenmare Bay.

btw the glamping looked very cool also
nardol

Post by nardol »

Duff Paddy wrote:
nardol wrote:
CM11 wrote:
nardol wrote:

Well that's just stupid.
Reality is stupid?
Yes
Agreed
Lazy Couch potato

Post by Lazy Couch potato »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:

There’s a cracking BNB in kenmare called shelbourne lodge. Owners are madder than a box of spiders but it’s lovely and the breakfast is incredible. Across from the golf club.
nardol

Post by nardol »

+1

The end result is she has made the decision not to come because she cant isolate. Who cares how she got there, she came to the most non offensive option possible. Yet peope still laying in. Its all a bit sfesque in style of criticism.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

sewa wrote:
Nolanator wrote:

Its advisory, not a legal requirement
That needs to be sorted.
If there's even one case imported from the US, there'll be war.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Fester's pining for when we were all locked up while Nols is ranting at poor old Kenny for saying she WILL quarantine. Come the revolution I am doing a serious number on you lot
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Royal Liver development on the Naas Road approved.

Some 1,100 apartments, 17,000 sq m. office plus commercial. Includes an 80m tower.

The money behind the developers is private, so a very good chance this will go ahead.

https://areg.ie/about/
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

sewa wrote:
Blackrock Bullet wrote:
All for free?

PCR tests take quite a bit of time with all the standards and sample prep, you'd be in quarantine for a day at least I reckon unless they have some other quick test I haven't seen
I got a test and a result within an hour.

I know that’s not good enough for suppress the curve zealots like Statto but it is something. In Iceland they now have a mandated second test within 5 days of arrival which seems fair enough. Again it’s not absolute, but it’s risk mitigation. 14 days is OTT with risk mitigation.

I think we’ll see it in Ireland.
Last edited by Blackrock Bullet on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nardol

Post by nardol »

camroc1 wrote:Royal Liver development on the Naas Road approved.

Some 1,100 apartments, 17,000 sq m. office plus commercial. Includes an 80m tower.

The money behind the developers is private, so a very good chance this will go ahead.

That looks amazing.

Don't know the area but naas road would be fairly rough... This could get some nice regeneration going.
Last edited by nardol on Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrock Bullet

EverReady wrote:Fester's pining for when we were all locked up while Nols is ranting at poor old Kenny for saying she WILL quarantine. Come the revolution I am doing a serious number on you lot
There’ll be something else from that Newstalk journalist who reported on the Dame Lane and Dallas flight to get the Twiterati and bed wetting types on here into a frenzy over next week.
Blackrock Bullet

camroc1 wrote:Royal Liver development on the Naas Road approved.

That’s great. When would they be planning to start construction?
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote:Fester's pining for when we were all locked up while Nols is ranting at poor old Kenny for saying she WILL quarantine. Come the revolution I am doing a serious number on you lot
A no.2?
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote:
There’ll be something else from that Newstalk journalist who reported on the Dame Lane and Dallas flight to get the Twiterati and bed wetting types on here into a frenzy over next week.

Everybody who cares about shit is soooooo gay
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Also on the planning front, the documents for a proposed hotel on the Clonliffe College site are up, and they include an excerpt from the masterplan for the entire site, which should ruffle aq few Drumcondra feathers.

http://www.dublincity.ie/AnitePublicDocs/00869345.pdf