Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Leinster in London

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Leinster in London »

Just seen a headline in the IT,
Subway bread too sweet for zero rating on VAT
Court ruled the bread in Subway’s heated sandwiches falls outside that statutory definition because it has a sugar content of 10 per cent of the weight of the flour included in the dough.

Franchisees lose Supreme Court appeal as judges rule that bread sold by chain has five times the sugar content allowed in statutory definition
I think I may have had a subway sandwich once many years ago. I just never fancied the look of their bread. I now realise why, it is a cake they serve the savoury stuff in. x( x( x( x(
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Hate subway.

That smell from their shops is a kind of fatty oregano whiff. Makes me feel nauseous
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

paddyor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 pm https://twitter.com/RTE_PrimeTime/statu ... 14144?s=20
"Faroes, Greenland NZ"
:lol:
Bad night for McConkey. Not sure why he’s putting himself out there so much as a rent a quote. Trying to increase their media profile but was made look daft last night. All of the zero covid lads seem very cultish, they have that rabbit in the headlights look when they come up against someone who calls out the insanity of their position.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Any one watch the presidential debate ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 am Any one watch the presidential debate ?
Couldn’t face. Just too depressing.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

I don't think Feeley did enough to rebut the Zero Covid idea though. He touched on it briefly but really should have said there is no way society can function for 3 months in a complete lockdown.
He made a very good point about us missing that particular boat though.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

He had to stay far away from Gemma territory as that slur is always the obvious one. He was a bit hesitant because of it but he didn't have to do much with McConkers floundering around
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:26 am
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:25 am Any one watch the presidential debate ?
I watched extended 'highlights'. Biden did well. Trump set out to try and bamboozle him with lots of noise and bullshit. Biden was steady and got down and dirty a bit himself so not allowing any Hillary lurking behind her comparisons. Trump is a busted flush as he has nothing else. It was better than a normal person could have hoped for
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:34 am He had to stay far away from Gemma territory as that slur is always the obvious one. He was a bit hesitant because of it but he didn't have to do much with McConkers floundering around
He was hesitant because he knows he lost his job for daring to question the official line. There are people out there who try to get any dissenting voice cancelled so he had to be very careful. I thought it was a brilliant, considered performance given the context.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:37 am
I watched extended 'highlights'. Biden did well. Trump set out to try and bamboozle him with lots of noise and bullshit. Biden was steady and got down and dirty a bit himself so not allowing any Hillary lurking behind her comparisons. Trump is a busted flush as he has nothing else. It was better than a normal person could have hoped for
Eoghan Harris worth a listen this morning - went into our inherent anti-Trump bias and how it blinds us to seeing it how they see it over there. Very interesting interview
MunsterMan!!!!!

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:43 am
Eoghan Harris worth a listen this morning - went into our inherent anti-Trump bias and how it blinds us to seeing it how they see it over there. Very interesting interview
It not anti-trump bias, it called cop on.
MunsterMan!!!!!

:thumbup:
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 am
I’m not defending Trump, but he got a lot of people to vote for him and still has a lot of support so you have to try to see if from that perspective
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I get the logic as most of us have spent time reassessing who he is and what he represents. The people who vote for him aren't monsters as in a lot of them aren't, they are just scared it's all changed too much and not for the better. That's both internally and globally. I get all that. The problem with any argument like Harris's is Trump is an utter scumbag narcissistic personality disorder prick. He is also dangerous and whatever your sympathies for the viewpoints of his electorate he is so far off the reservation of what is acceptable it beggars belief. There are no arguments for Trump.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

I don’t think he was arguing for Trump. He was explaining how these debates are judged - that they’re not really debates at all, and how they’re won. It was interesting I thought.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:51 am I get the logic as most of us have spent time reassessing who he is and what he represents. The people who vote for him aren't monsters as in a lot of them aren't, they are just scared it's all changed too much and not for the better. That's both internally and globally. I get all that. The problem with any argument like Harris's is Trump is an utter scumbag narcissistic personality disorder prick. He is also dangerous and whatever your sympathies for the viewpoints of his electorate he is so far off the reservation of what is acceptable it beggars belief. There are no arguments for Trump.
I agree with all of that, but unfortunately there aren't many arguments in favour of Biden either ...... he's old and doddery, while the democrats are steadily lurching to the left.

if things had worked out differently we could have had Bloomberg debating with Sanders, and about two thirds of the people who are rooting for the dems today (because of Trump's cvntishness), would have been voting for the Republican candidate instead

These two lads are genuinely awful candidates .... its pretty depressing really
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Biden is harmless surely? A stop gap while the Democrats build up a profile for the next candidate, who won't have to take on Trump.
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

5 posts in a row last night Duffer.

Good thing everybody else is an hysterical Karen.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

iarmhiman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:08 pm Hate subway.

That smell from their shops is a kind of fatty oregano whiff. Makes me feel nauseous
I ate Subway basically every single day on a J1 many moons ago because you could get 2 of them for some insanely low price. One day I went into the shop, basically felt sick and don't think I've had one since.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Had it once, wondered Wtf the bread was and never again. Just horrible.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 am 5 posts in a row last night Duffer.

Good thing everybody else is an hysterical Karen.
in fairness he thought that eejit McConkey was a NPHET mastermind, and he wasted his ammo due to over excitement ...... I've seen my lads do it regularly in Fortnite and COD
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:09 am Biden is harmless surely? A stop gap while the Democrats build up a profile for the next candidate, who won't have to take on Trump.
harmless is about all you can say about him I suppose ..... but I suspect he'll end up getting dragged to the left by the radical element in his party, on everything from gender rights to corporate tax, and that this will polarise the US electorate even more.
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Anon and Mick were posting right the way through the debate. Pair of losers staying up to watch it :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:09 am Biden is harmless surely? A stop gap while the Democrats build up a profile for the next candidate, who won't have to take on Trump.
harmless is about all you can say about him I suppose ..... but I suspect he'll end up getting dragged to the left by the radical element in his party, on everything from gender rights to corporate tax, and that this will polarise the US electorate even more.
ar this stage we just need Trump gone.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Leinsterman wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:20 am
Anon and Mick were posting right the way through the debate. Pair of losers staying up to watch it :lol:
There's something seriously wrong with those two
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Totally disagree on Biden. Decent candidate in any year. It's the Republican game play for the last 6 months to try and place him in the same framework as Trump. The only similarities they have is age. Look at the younger candidates. Booker is so earnest and unbelievable. Mayor Bootleg was too callow. Harris was hampered by her record and being a bird. He was a good candidate who Americans by and large trust.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Yeah, really don't think there's any issue with Biden, he's a decent candidate. Trump has had this sleepy Joe thing going for a while and it seems people are starting to parrot it.

Anyway, even if he was nothing but an empty suit, he's not Trump.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

also in a lot of the congressional campaign vids, republicans are using his centre stance to smear left running dems running for house. He will take a lot of undecided votes in the swing states
MunsterMan!!!!!

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:30 am Totally disagree on Biden. Decent candidate in any year. It's the Republican game play for the last 6 months to try and place him in the same framework as Trump. The only similarities they have is age. Look at the younger candidates. Booker is so earnest and unbelievable. Mayor Bootleg was too callow. Harris was hampered by her record and being a bird. He was a good candidate who Americans by and large trust.
They are trying the same gambit as they did for Hilary, it worked last time.

Biden Biggest problem is his age for sure, a younger Biden, I would think would win handy.
ticketlessinseattle

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm
paddyor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:24 pm
Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 pm Jesus “wet pubs “ has nothing to do with the markets in Wuhan :lol: : I’ve often heard publicans use the term “wet sales” to differentiate drink sales from food in the past
Wets sales - really? Where and when?
OFTEN!
Sorry Paddy , wasn’t trying to ridicule you, just found the connection funny . I have heard publicans I know personally talking about their wet sales though so the term wasn’t made up recently even if it wasn’t used amongst the general public . “Often” might be an exaggeration in fairness
I think they use the term if sales exceed double the normal intake
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 am Had it once, wondered Wtf the bread was and never again. Just horrible.
Me too, all of it was desiccated crap.
ticketlessinseattle

Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:19 pm
EverReady wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:15 pm Setting aside all the shite about trans and mickeys and lady boobs lets just concentrate on the chosen name https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/c ... 73080.html
Barbie Kardashian :blush: :lol:
isnt that a character from a Ross O'Carroll Kelly buuk ? Rihanna Brogan's cousin ?
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

I have just seen the new Leinster jersey :lol: it’s like a joke
ticketlessinseattle

CM11 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:08 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:06 pm
Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:05 pm
Duff Paddy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:03 pm McConkey talking about New Zealand - we can stop it coming in to the country :lol: what an eejit. These are the guys making the recommendations to lockdown individual counties. Just complete eejits
Look at what the Faroe Islands have done :lol:
I didn’t realise McConkey was so close to the zero covid idiots. Oh Jesus we are so f**ked.
He signed their letter a few months ago.

He seemed sensible enough in the early stages but I guess stayed the course.
I had thought so too ; my wife was watching it when I walked into room, watched about 3 minutes of it and after he started talking about New Zealand I walked back out again ; at the end of a long day, you're better off watching something more relaxing like a Scandinavian drama where a kid is chained to a fence has a hand grenade in his mouth and gets his head blown off (young Wallander if anyone is interested)
lorcanoworms

Post by lorcanoworms »

I have watched 5 or 6 documentary's on Trump supporters including ones on his Hispanic voters, when he comes out with stuff like chlorine and super duper missiles plus loser veterans.
Well there is something wrong with people who wont give up on him.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Just looking at the NPHET structure and its many, many subgroups - its a huge beast https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/de1c3 ... vernance-/. I wonder if a leaner organisation would do better.

It also got me to wondering if Nolan ever finished the modelling?
ticketlessinseattle

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:48 am
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 am

I’m not defending Trump, but he got a lot of people to vote for him and still has a lot of support so you have to try to see if from that perspective
I've tried (as I did when Bush was re-elected) ; sometimes democracy is over rated ; I couldnt watch it either as nothing good can come from it ; Trump can literally say or do anything and he will not lose a vote ; only thing that'll come from it is Biden losing points
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:51 am I have just seen the new Leinster jersey :lol: it’s like a joke
You're only seeing it now? Kids will love it though
CM11

Post by CM11 »

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0928 ... mortality/

I'd have thought this analysis is premature? Wait until you get after this winter and then compare the 12 month stats?