Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
ticketlessinseattle

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by ticketlessinseattle »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 am I don’t think he was arguing for Trump. He was explaining how these debates are judged - that they’re not really debates at all, and how they’re won. It was interesting I thought.
what was the conclusion as to who won ? by any normal way of assessing a debate performance then Trump loses ; he spent the 2016 debates retossing word salads at Clinton ; if it was a University debate club he was slaughtered, end of the day, he knew it was going to boost his poll numbers so essentially he won the debates ; like the Mark Twain saying
Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 am Just looking at the NPHET structure and its many, many subgroups - its a huge beast https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/de1c3 ... vernance-/. I wonder if a leaner organisation would do better.

It also got me to wondering if Nolan ever finished the modelling?
Yep well over 100 people on all the subcommittees - furlong can name them all apparently. Does beg the question as to why RTE has McConkey on to debate Feeley and not one of the many people actually on the panel
ticketlessinseattle

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:17 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:09 am Biden is harmless surely? A stop gap while the Democrats build up a profile for the next candidate, who won't have to take on Trump.
harmless is about all you can say about him I suppose ..... but I suspect he'll end up getting dragged to the left by the radical element in his party, on everything from gender rights to corporate tax, and that this will polarise the US electorate even more.
doubt it really - he got the Democrat nomination and not Bernie because he's centrist ; there's a lot of space (and Congress) between Trump and far left
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 am https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0928 ... mortality/

I'd have thought this analysis is premature? Wait until you get after this winter and then compare the 12 month stats?
Comments by a senior HSE doctor that Covid-19 is "much less severe" than the seasonal flu sparked heated debate
Opening line of the Rte piece - Feeley never actually said that but sure just write it anyway because you didn’t understand him.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:13 am
Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:06 am Just looking at the NPHET structure and its many, many subgroups - its a huge beast https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/de1c3 ... vernance-/. I wonder if a leaner organisation would do better.

Yep well over 100 people on all the subcommittees - furlong can name them all apparently. Does beg the question as to why RTE has McConkey on to debate Feeley and not one of the many people actually on the panel
I don't think anyone from NPHET has been involved in debates? Glynn was a regular on the Ireland's on call programme and Nolan, Henry and De Gascun regularly give briefings and answer questions but I don't think they are interested in getting involved in debates? Although, tbf, I stopped watching most of the current affairs stuff a few months ago.
ticketlessinseattle

danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:33 am Yeah, really don't think there's any issue with Biden, he's a decent candidate. Trump has had this sleepy Joe thing going for a while and it seems people are starting to parrot it.

Anyway, even if he was nothing but an empty suit, he's not Trump.
:thumbup: it tends to work ; throw enough shit and it'll stick ; crooked Hillary stuck in 2016 ; flip flopping John Kerry in 2004 ; I've argued with yanks that use these terms and they can never actually back it up with examples......and if you're using Biden as a control group for someone with dementia wtf has Trump got ?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:16 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:09 am https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2020/0928 ... mortality/

I'd have thought this analysis is premature? Wait until you get after this winter and then compare the 12 month stats?
Comments by a senior HSE doctor that Covid-19 is "much less severe" than the seasonal flu sparked heated debate
Opening line of the Rte piece - Feeley never actually said that but sure just write it anyway because you didn’t understand him.
Well, this is what he said and presumably what the article referred to.
The number of deaths among recent cases is less than one in a thousand. This data reflects a disease much less severe than the average annual flu
I have absolutely no idea why he would come out with that though. As I said at the time. The most recent cases were and are way below the original median and average age. It's not exactly news to say covid isn't high risk for the 0-45 age group, which has made up around 70% of the recent cases. Again, the measures aren't reacting to deaths in this wave, they're there to avoid deaths. The at risk age group is doing remarkably well to avoid this with only around 4% of the recent cases in over 75s.
Last edited by CM11 on Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Why bother scraping a website when the official data is available on euromomo? Seems like a complete waste of time.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

For comparison, as of the end of May, 18% of all cases were over 75. 55% were over 45.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:14 am
Mullet 2 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:10 am 5 posts in a row last night Duffer.

Good thing everybody else is an hysterical Karen.
in fairness he thought that eejit McConkey was a NPHET mastermind, and he wasted his ammo due to over excitement ...... I've seen my lads do it regularly in Fortnite and COD
Will the hospitality industry be open by Christmas as is the "strategy"?

Can you answer the question on whether you think we can go on with this until the end of 2021?
Blackrock Bullet

This was the point.

Is it any surprise that a few pioneers who hate alcohol would push for them to stay closed? The NPHET minutes are a joke, it's a talking shop and it going to end up forming a collective view to keep all the vested interests happy.

But the issues are broader than NPHET and have been for months. The Government shat it two weeks ago and NPHET still control the entire narrative.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:26 am

The number of deaths among recent cases is less than one in a thousand. This data reflects a disease much less severe than the average annual flu
I have absolutely no idea why he would come out with that though. As I said at the time. The most recent cases were and are way below the original median and average age. It's not exactly news to say covid isn't high risk for the 0-45 age group, which has made up around 70% of the recent cases. Again, the measures aren't reacting to deaths in this wave, they're there to avoid deaths. The at risk age group is doing remarkably well to avoid this with only around 4% of the recent cases in over 75s.
Over 75s make up about 5% of the population though?
Blackrock Bullet

RTÉ once again claiming to be all truthy in their reporting. Are they still reporting 6 month old stats on Covid from the WHO?

I see there was another story this morning from a Covid survivor, there's been a huge push on it this week.

"No underlying conditions" :lol:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0930/1168340-covid-19/
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:39 am

RTÉ once again claiming to be all truthy in their reporting. Are they still reporting 6 month old stats on Covid from the WHO?

I see there was another story this morning from a Covid survivor, there's been a huge push on it this week.

It's all a conspiracy, I tells ya.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:38 am
CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:26 am

Over 75s make up about 5% of the population though?
Not really the point. You can't say there were 30k cases in the first wave with X deaths and 5k cases in the second wave with Y deaths and then go on to simply compare the death rate. You have to look at the demographics and allow for increased testing. The reality is that in the first wave there were probably at least 3-5 times as many cases and they may then have looked similar to the current case distribution. The IFR was never the same as the CFR but this seems to have been lost by both sides along the way. Anyone shouting 'as many cases as April' needs shooting as does anyone saying 'fewer people are dying per case now!'.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:11 am
Duff Paddy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 am I don’t think he was arguing for Trump. He was explaining how these debates are judged - that they’re not really debates at all, and how they’re won. It was interesting I thought.
what was the conclusion as to who won ? by any normal way of assessing a debate performance then Trump loses ; he spent the 2016 debates retossing word salads at Clinton ; if it was a University debate club he was slaughtered, end of the day, he knew it was going to boost his poll numbers so essentially he won the debates ; like the Mark Twain saying
Do not argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Biden had to show he had some dog and could survive the onslaught. He did that. You are right about the feigned shock of the right usually though. You see it with the lads on here in the Trump and Brexit threads. Its part of the schtick. It goes:

Trumpist/Brexshit: Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt

Normal person: Fück off

Trumpist/Brexshit: I cannot believe you said that
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Army medals :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

Nolanator wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:40 am

I have never said it was a conspiracy, but I have to laugh at RTÉ claiming to be upholders of truth when they have continued to post this at the end of the article (this was in the couple of weeks).

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/202 ... rld-covid/

The World Health Organization says data to date suggests 80% of Covid-19 infections are mild or asymptomatic, 15% are severe infection, requiring oxygen and 5% are critical, requiring ventilation.

Generally, you need to be 15 minutes or more in the vicinity of an infected person and within two metres of them, to be considered at-risk, or a close contact.
The stats are 6 months out of date and alarmist.

In terms of the article, I just have to laugh at the "no underlying conditions" aspect. The guy was quite clearly in the at risk category. In terms of the virus overall, I am not underplaying it at all. I have heard of perfectly healthy people who have been left f**ked up after it, and those who you would suppose would be f**ked with it that weren't too bad. It's a strange virus, but let's not pretend this chap was not in the at risk category as RTÉ would like to pretend. If they are going to post these kinds of daily articles, don't just make it a puff piece.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 am
Biden had to show he had some dog and could survive the onslaught. He did that. You are right about the feigned shock of the right usually though. You see it with the lads on here in the Trump and Brexit threads. Its part of the schtick. It goes:

Trumpist/Brexshit: Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt, Cünt

In fairness I think that's the populism schtick irrespective of the left/right divide. SF can play the victim one minute after being the bully in the preceding one.
Conspicuous

Post by Conspicuous »

ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 am
Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm
paddyor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:24 pm
Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:04 pm Jesus “wet pubs “ has nothing to do with the markets in Wuhan :lol: : I’ve often heard publicans use the term “wet sales” to differentiate drink sales from food in the past
Wets sales - really? Where and when?
OFTEN!
Sorry Paddy , wasn’t trying to ridicule you, just found the connection funny . I have heard publicans I know personally talking about their wet sales though so the term wasn’t made up recently even if it wasn’t used amongst the general public . “Often” might be an exaggeration in fairness
I think they use the term if sales exceed double the normal intake
In the US maybe ? Here and in UK some use the term instead of drink sales ( to differentiate from food sales that has a different gp% and labour cost )
Blackrock Bullet

Fine Gael is full of very ordinary people
Sir, – I wish to refer to Una Mullally’s article “Only someone who wouldn’t miss €50 a week would cut the PUP” (Opinion & Analysis, September 25th).

I really would like to live on Una Mullally’s planet where everyone and everything is reduced to a white hat or black hat, goodies and baddies and simple answers. Of course, in her view, Fine Gael are the baddies. Ideologically cruel, our entire focus is hell-bent on targeting the “welfare class” (her words, I don’t know any Irish politician who uses such an insulting phrase). Of course, on Planet Earth, the reality is different.

I should know, as I was the Fine Gael minister who introduced the pandemic unemployment payment (PUP) with colleagues Leo Varadkar and Paschal Donohoe. The PUP was created, in a matter of days, as a direct response to the speed with which the pandemic struck our economy.

Hundreds of thousands of people had their jobs literally closed down overnight in order to protect the public health of all our citizens.

My priority was to respond immediately – and with impact – to ensure that every family’s needs would be met.

Was it perfect? No. However, from my interaction with hundreds of people who contacted me directly to help them access the payment, I know it was seen as a lifeline and I genuinely believe it contributed greatly to the social cohesion we enjoyed as a country during the initial stages of Covid-19. It was always an emergency measure, and we always said that, when we had a breathing space, we would recalibrate it to ensure our resources were better targeted to those most in need.

Of course, Una Mullally sees any such tweaking of resources as an opportunity to accuse Fine Gael of abandoning the less well-off – as if it’s in our DNA. In reality, over the past five years, Fine Gael has increased the budget of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection from from €19.6 billion to €21.2 billion, directly supporting the most vulnerable.

On my watch, I managed to restore the Christmas bonus to 100 per cent; increased the back-to-school allowance by 50 cent; introduced a hot meals programme for schools to ensure less fortunate children get a hot meal daily; introduced paid parental leave; introduced jobseeker benefit for the self-employed; reintroduced treatment benefits; banned zero-hour contracts; and increased the minimum wage to what is now the second-highest level in Europe.

I’m sure these facts won’t dim your columnist’s obsession with painting Fine Gael as the party of privilege and private schooling. As someone who was born in Dublin’s northside, grew up in a council house and never went to a boarding school, I take particular offence at such a cartoon portrayal. I can tell you that the Fine Gael party is full of very ordinary people (despite her contention to the contrary). What unites us is not our school ties or postcodes but our passion for everybody in Ireland to get the help and support to better their lives.

In her column, Una Mullally sought to paint Fine Gael as Ireland’s Conservative Party. When I look at the former newspaper columnist across the water struggling to lead his country through a pandemic and Brexit, I am reminded that the simplistic worldview and polemical skills of some commentators don’t always translate into an understanding of the complexities of governing. Your columnist may have more in common with some Tories than she realises. – Yours, etc,

Senator

REGINA DOHERTY,

Fine Gael,

Leinster House,
Someone pick Una off the floor, she can't even use the mansplaining card.

Unfortunately cutting the PUP when they did was another comms disaster from FG which opens the door to these kinds of attacks.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Was just about to post that, what a response.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am Was just about to post that, what a response.
It's fantastic.

But will be met with braying and dismissal.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

the gobshite has gone full gemma at this stage
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 am
Sir, – I wish to refer to Una Mullally’s article “Only someone who wouldn’t miss €50 a week would cut the PUP” (Opinion & Analysis, September 25th).

I really would like to live on Una Mullally’s planet where everyone and everything is reduced to a white hat or black hat, goodies and baddies and simple answers. Of course, in her view, Fine Gael are the baddies. Ideologically cruel, our entire focus is hell-bent on targeting the “welfare class” (her words, I don’t know any Irish politician who uses such an insulting phrase). Of course, on Planet Earth, the reality is different.

I should know, as I was the Fine Gael minister who introduced the pandemic unemployment payment (PUP) with colleagues Leo Varadkar and Paschal Donohoe. The PUP was created, in a matter of days, as a direct response to the speed with which the pandemic struck our economy.

Hundreds of thousands of people had their jobs literally closed down overnight in order to protect the public health of all our citizens.

My priority was to respond immediately – and with impact – to ensure that every family’s needs would be met.

Was it perfect? No. However, from my interaction with hundreds of people who contacted me directly to help them access the payment, I know it was seen as a lifeline and I genuinely believe it contributed greatly to the social cohesion we enjoyed as a country during the initial stages of Covid-19. It was always an emergency measure, and we always said that, when we had a breathing space, we would recalibrate it to ensure our resources were better targeted to those most in need.

Of course, Una Mullally sees any such tweaking of resources as an opportunity to accuse Fine Gael of abandoning the less well-off – as if it’s in our DNA. In reality, over the past five years, Fine Gael has increased the budget of the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection from from €19.6 billion to €21.2 billion, directly supporting the most vulnerable.

On my watch, I managed to restore the Christmas bonus to 100 per cent; increased the back-to-school allowance by 50 cent; introduced a hot meals programme for schools to ensure less fortunate children get a hot meal daily; introduced paid parental leave; introduced jobseeker benefit for the self-employed; reintroduced treatment benefits; banned zero-hour contracts; and increased the minimum wage to what is now the second-highest level in Europe.

I’m sure these facts won’t dim your columnist’s obsession with painting Fine Gael as the party of privilege and private schooling. As someone who was born in Dublin’s northside, grew up in a council house and never went to a boarding school, I take particular offence at such a cartoon portrayal. I can tell you that the Fine Gael party is full of very ordinary people (despite her contention to the contrary). What unites us is not our school ties or postcodes but our passion for everybody in Ireland to get the help and support to better their lives.

In her column, Una Mullally sought to paint Fine Gael as Ireland’s Conservative Party. When I look at the former newspaper columnist across the water struggling to lead his country through a pandemic and Brexit, I am reminded that the simplistic worldview and polemical skills of some commentators don’t always translate into an understanding of the complexities of governing. Your columnist may have more in common with some Tories than she realises. – Yours, etc,

Senator

REGINA DOHERTY,

Fine Gael,

Leinster House,

Unfortunately cutting the PUP when they did was another comms disaster from FG which opens the door to these kinds of attacks.
Love the bolded bit. Total head shot from Regina
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Yeah that last paragraph is some put down.
Last edited by MunsterMan!!!!! on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am

Another false claim, like Mullet claiming I was anti masker because that’s what you read online as a retort when you’re stumped.

RTÉ stated he had no underlying conditions.

The guy was very overweight and quite clearly in the scientifically proven at risk category.

It’s cute that you go on about science and people being “anti expert” when you deny this fact. You seem to have an issue here with a very at risk person’s condition being misrepresented, that’s the definition of “anti expert” and “fake news”. It’s usually the preserve of the left though as it makes people feel bad.

Anyway, now that your latest but stupidity has been dealt with, when are you going to answer the question. The Taoiseach says Covid will be here until the end of 2021. Do you think it is right that we continue to wholesale shut down industries until then?
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:48 am

Another false claim, like Mullet claiming I was anti masker because that’s what you read online as a retort when you’re stumped.

The guy was very overweight and quite clearly in the scientifically proven at risk category.

It’s cute that you go on about science and people being “anti expert” when you deny this fact. You seem to have an issue here with a very at risk person’s condition being misrepresented, that’s the definition of “anti expert” and “fake news”. It’s usually the preserve of the left though as it makes people feel bad.

Anyway, now that your latest but stupidity has been dealt with, when are you going to answer the question. The Taoiseach says Covid will be here until the end of 2021. Do you think it is right that we continue to wholesale shut down industries until then?
christ you're boring ..... you've got quite a lot in common with bimbo too it appears

I've no interest in engaging with you
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am Yeah that last paragraph is some put down.
cant wait to see Una's reply as there is no way she will take this lying down
Blackrock Bullet

CM11 wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:33 am
danthefan wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:22 am Was just about to post that, what a response.
It's fantastic.

But will be met with braying and dismissal.
As the Government made a balls of it in cutting the PUP on the same day that they put the shutters down on an industry. That's partly FG's fault, another communications disaster they walked into.

The PUP was very good and the Government at the time did brilliantly in taking the lead on it. Tapering it off as industries reopened was also the correct decisions. Unfortunately they shot themselves in the foot on it a couple of weeks ago, that's unfortunately the reality.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

HighKingLeinster wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 am
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:47 am Yeah that last paragraph is some put down.
she'll unlikely say much re: Doherty's take down ...... and instead double down on the next article .... about how FG want to slaughter horses in the liberties or something
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

I see BB is lauding the government for bringing in the PUP (when it was actually FG), and deriding FG for tapering the PUP (when it was actually the Government)

:lol:
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:29 am

Why bother scraping a website when the official data is available on euromomo? Seems like a complete waste of time.
They state the official data is not available for two years.
By doing it they are providing a counter measure that can validate, or invalidate the unofficial data on euromomo.
Think of it in term of hospitals who forgot to report 30 or 40 deaths a few weeks ago, or politicians with different agendas, ie testing just increases the number of cases. Maybe to make it easier to imagine where problems could develop, just think what things would be like if the mathematical genius Eoin Ó' Broin, was Minister for Health, ... yeah, I know, it is more likely to be, ooh ahh up the ra Cullinane.

In a nod to Hall's Pictorial Weekly would it be appropriate to rename any future SF Health Department holder; The Minister for Death?
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 am
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:48 am

christ you're boring ..... you've got quite a lot in common with bimbo too it appears

I've no interest in engaging with you
"Boring" now, have you ran out of Gemma and anti expert lines?

The problem with the yourself and the likes of Varadkar is that you talk a big game about being economically rational, then are an arsehole about lower paid workers but then don't follow through. You had Varadkar pre leadership talking a big game on welfare, but then increasing it in office - if you're going to be Thatcher and economically rational, then actually carry that out. With the likes of yourself, you are a bit of an arsehole going on about hospitality workers not paying taxes anyway so screw them. At the same time, you aren't really interested in the cost benefit analysis of the closure of this industry. So not only do you piss people off PR wise, you don't even understand the economic issues.

The question that you won't answer remains. Are you happy for this to continue until the end of 2021, yes or no?
Last edited by Blackrock Bullet on Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ticketlessinseattle

EverReady wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:47 am

Yup, I got my on-line ballot last week for the US election ; there's one die hard and one protest Trump voter that I work with....I love reminding them that myself and missus get to vote 12 years after leaving the country....I also point out that I usually vote 3 times, twice on line and once by mail in ballot....I dont want to push it to 4 votes like all the illegal Mexicans
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:54 am
HighKingLeinster wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:51 am
she'll unlikely say much re: Doherty's take down ...... and instead double down on the next article .... about how FG want to slaughter horses in the liberties or something
.........whilst cheering on the bulldozers illegally demolishing the sacred O’Rahilly house to make millions for their developer friends...
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:55 am I see BB is lauding the government for bringing in the PUP (when it was actually FG), and deriding FG for tapering the PUP (when it was actually the Government)

:lol:
Again, failure of reading comprehension.

I have praised the Government's initial approach. I praised the PUP.

I also think it was correct that the PUP was tapered off in line with the curve being flattened and industries reopening.

Reducing it on the same day you put the shutters on so many industries is moronic from a comms perspective.

You'll go on about "resources" but won't answer the question on if this should go onto till the end of 2021. Big on slogans, slow on brain power.
ticketlessinseattle

Conspicuous wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:07 am
ticketlessinseattle wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:48 am
Conspicuous wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:56 pm
paddyor wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:34 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:24 pm

Wets sales - really? Where and when?
OFTEN!
Sorry Paddy , wasn’t trying to ridicule you, just found the connection funny . I have heard publicans I know personally talking about their wet sales though so the term wasn’t made up recently even if it wasn’t used amongst the general public . “Often” might be an exaggeration in fairness
I think they use the term if sales exceed double the normal intake
In the US maybe ? Here and in UK some use the term instead of drink sales ( to differentiate from food sales that has a different gp% and labour cost )
Nah, I was just taking the piss....as in "I was getting wet looking at our takings from last night"....
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:15 am

Senator

REGINA DOHERTY,

Fine Gael,

Leinster House,

That is absolutely brilliant
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

It’s a f**king beauty. Stay down Una you bloody moron