Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
MunsterMan!!!!!

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:54 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm I can't stand Miriam anymore, if she isn't being condesceding its incompetant, she just terrible.
These qualities of hers are hardly new though :lol:
Oh I know but she seems to be ramping them up as she gets older
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

container coffee. :D

My local coffee shop on rte now
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:54 pm rte are a bunch of shitbags.

They have are showing a prime time like show called "The Next Normal " and showing surveys of mental health across the country.

Using a name like that for a show immediately makes one more anxious.

Bunch of wankers. They're loving this
More propaganda ... make everyone nervous and scared ... for a vanishingly difficult disease to recognise and measure accurately ...

But they are media who are more interested in clickbait than being genuinely informative ...
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:52 pm I can't stand Miriam anymore, if she isn't being condesceding its incompetant, she just terrible.
Didn't she basically just f*ck her way to the top of radio teilifis siptu's hierarchy?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm container coffee. :D

And how would you rate their coffee?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Didn't she basically just f*ck her way to the top of radio teilifis siptu's hierarchy?
No, in my "experience", she is a super-smart lady ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:00 pm container coffee. :D

And how would you rate their coffee?
it's okay.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

God this is depressing
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:15 pm God this is depressing
What specifically?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:59 pm
CM11 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:56 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:41 pm At risk of being maudlin, where are the deaths occurring? We are people being admitted to ICU and being discharged so are they dying before they hit ICU or not even making it to hospital?
1 ICU death in the last week.

This can come on very quickly and depending on the age/underlying condition, I'm guessing most deaths don't make it to ICU or there's no point because it'd be pointless. About 20% of our ICU admissions have died, I believe. So 'only' 90 of our total death toll.
You’re not going to intubate a 90 year old - look at the median age of death ffs
Why the outburst? That was implied in my post.
Last edited by CM11 on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:18 pm
What specifically?
I'm watching the RTE clickbait shite scaring the nation
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:18 pm
What specifically?
Having a guy with an accent like that presenting on RTE. He should be working for TV3/Virgin or whatever it's called nowadays ...
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 pm
Botha Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:00 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:13 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:31 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:22 pm

And 1000s of young people with underlying conditions.
If Covid motivates young obese people to get healthy as their mates are all off living life, that might not be the worst thing.

For people with chronic issues like asthma, that's life unfortunately.

Feeling left out is not an excuse, very lefty in outlook.

And I'm the one lacking empathy? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That’s fair comment ..you are not lacking in empathy at all ... just lots of other things ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, the whole of government, the whole HSE leadership, the whole of NPHET, and the whole of the WHO are 100% wrong ..... while you and a few other lads on the internet have all the answers.
No they’re not wrong about everything. I fully agree with social distancing and plenty of other things they do.

They are not above criticism though.

But sure, what’s exaggerating and lying to you. Say something about Gemma again...
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

You lads are really not coping well with the realization that NPHET aren't listening to your expert opinions and poring over your every pronouncement on here, are you?
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Anyone see the latest Gemma videos? The one about the curtains in Dalkey is bizarre! Corpo workers fixing the road are next up against the wall when she takes over... :lol:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:42 pm You lads are really not coping well with the realization that NPHET aren't listening to your expert opinions and poring over your every pronouncement on here, are you?
You're being very smug which isn't helping.

It's okay for the likes of us working in tech that have stable incomes and have already experienced our best years.

The lads on here frustrated are a lot younger than us and are in fairness probably missing out on their best years.

We are where we are and will undoubtedly get through this but more empathy and less arrogance would be better.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:41 pm At risk of being maudlin, where are the deaths occurring? We are people being admitted to ICU and being discharged so are they dying before they hit ICU or not even making it to hospital?

This can come on very quickly and depending on the age/underlying condition, I'm guessing most deaths don't make it to ICU or there's no point because it'd be pointless. About 20% of our ICU admissions have died, I believe. So 'only' 90 of our total death toll.
You’re not going to intubate a 90 year old - look at the median age of death ffs
Ok so we can possibly assume they're dying in regular beds or even in nursing homes/at home?
Which then begs the question - despite all the measures in place, it's still nigh on impossible to shield the older cohorts of society... the ones we're allegedly protecting by imposing all the restrictions.

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:21 pm I see Press Up are threatening court action if they are kept closed beyond October 10th.
Can't blame them. They have a huge portfolio and quite a few fit out & construction projects underway. They could very well be feeling the pinch from the banks at the moment with a lot of money going out and not a lot coming in.
There's only so much money you can make out of a Wowburger portakabin.
You can’t really shield a nursing home can you. Most people in there - not all but most - are waiting to die, any serious infection could finish them off. Covid certainly did that and there might be a levelling off of stats over the next 3 years as a result. The idea that we can shield nursing homes without making them into basically high dependency units akin to hospitals and thus greatly reducing the quality of life for their last remaining time on the planet. There’s no easy answer.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm
rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:42 pm You lads are really not coping well with the realization that NPHET aren't listening to your expert opinions and poring over your every pronouncement on here, are you?

It's okay for the likes of us working in tech that have stable incomes and have already experienced our best years.

The lads on here frustrated are a lot younger than us and are in fairness probably missing out on their best years.

We are where we are and will undoubtedly get through this but more empathy and less arrogance would be better.
There are very few business owners on here. Just wait a few months revenue, vat and rates due - there will be an avalanche of business closures and the recession will be grim. They might start to get it then but again, a lot on here are insulated from that
Blackrock Bullet

More gibberish as you can’t debate. I look forward to your future “economic” musings.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Duff Paddy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:49 pm
Leinsterman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Ok so we can possibly assume they're dying in regular beds or even in nursing homes/at home?
Which then begs the question - despite all the measures in place, it's still nigh on impossible to shield the older cohorts of society... the ones we're allegedly protecting by imposing all the restrictions.

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:21 pm I see Press Up are threatening court action if they are kept closed beyond October 10th.
Can't blame them. They have a huge portfolio and quite a few fit out & construction projects underway. They could very well be feeling the pinch from the banks at the moment with a lot of money going out and not a lot coming in.
There's only so much money you can make out of a Wowburger portakabin.
You can’t really shield a nursing home can you. Most people in there - not all but most - are waiting to die, any serious infection could finish them off. Covid certainly did that and there might be a levelling off of stats over the next 3 years as a result. The idea that we can shield nursing homes without making them into basically high dependency units akin to hospitals and thus greatly reducing the quality of life for their last remaining time on the planet. There’s no easy answer.
:thumbup:

What I said last April/May.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

The fuckers. How dare they ?

I am going out and buying a Tricolour ! ... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blackrock Bullet

Nah he’s just a mouth. He was very quick to point out that 40% of hospitality workers don’t pay tax but shuts up beyond that. He’ll be moaning when his taxes go up and will come out with the usual dull language about spongers etc. It’s an “I’m alright Jack” approach to life, very basic economic knowledge.

As for myself, my criticism is well beyond that. I really don’t give a fudge if pubs can’t open personally. Restaurants are annoying but the the biggest thing for me personally has been the enforced quarantine and long term impact on aviation. But you’ll note that I don’t really complain that I had to spend two weeks at home doing fudge all after travelling, it’s a minor inconvenience really.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:02 pm

Nah he’s just a mouth. He was very quick to point out that 40% of hospitality workers don’t pay tax but shuts up beyond that. He’ll be moaning when his taxes go up and will come out with the usual dull language about spongers etc. It’s an “I’m alright Jack” approach to life, very basic economic knowledge.

As for myself, my criticism is well beyond that. I really don’t give a fudge if pubs can’t open personally. Restaurants are annoying but the the biggest thing for me personally has been the enforced quarantine and long term impact on aviation. But you’ll note that I don’t really complain that I had to spend two weeks at home doing fudge all after travelling, it’s a minor inconvenience really.
We can only hope that the EU position, which Martin has said Ireland will comply with, will open up aviation within the EU a lot more, with agreed mitigation measures where necessary.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

I miss going on long haul holidays especially to the SH during our winter. That was my life before these travel restrictions.

1st world problems though.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:07 pm

We can only hope that the EU position, which Martin has said Ireland will comply with, will open up aviation within the EU a lot more, with agreed mitigation measures where necessary.
When is that decision due?
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:51 pm
More gibberish as you can’t debate. I look forward to your future “economic” musings.
Yeah Iarmhi ..... I'm the one being arrogant here

I've already been on the record stating I don't think NPHET are infallible ...... but I've zero tolerance for 20-something trainee lawyers telling the rest of us that the NATIONAL. PUBLIC. HEALTH. EMERGENCY. TEAM are a shower of clowns and spoofers.

There's lots of nuance to this for sure, but the one black and white issue is that neither me nor Brock habe the medical credentials to question the experts on this .... yet one of us is turning it into a crusade it seems
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

:roll:
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:12 pm

I've already been on the record stating I don't think NPHET are infallible ...... but I've zero tolerance for 20-something trainee lawyers telling the rest of us that the NATIONAL. PUBLIC. HEALTH. EMERGENCY. TEAM are a shower of clowns and spoofers.

There's lots of nuance to this for sure, but the one black and white issue is that neither me nor Brock habe the medical credentials to question the experts on this .... yet one of us is turning it into a crusade it seems
That's just an emotional reaction from brock and i take it with a pinch of salt. We all like to vent and come up with irrational explanations when deeply frustrated about the things that affect our normal lives the most
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:10 pm
camroc1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:07 pm

When is that decision due?
The Commission have made their recommendations, so hopefully the next Counci meeting at the end of October.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/e ... -1.4346899
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Wrong.

Our NPHET Overlords don't have the expertise to discuss what they are doing ... based on what they have already tweeted and are trying to walk back.

It's a technical topic and the final outcome will never change, regardless of the smokescreen that is put out to the public. They are f**ked regardless of what they attempt to justify now.

Just don't pretend that you didn't know and no-one tried to tell you, afterwards ..

Remember Wuhan is back in the pool and in the nightclub ... and they were hit a few months before us ... it could be you if you break out of your Stockholm Syndrome ...
Blackrock Bullet

rfurlong wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:15 pm
:roll:
Run out of “Gemma” and anti expert lines?
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:16 pm

That's just an emotional reaction from brock and i take it with a pinch of salt. We all like to vent and come up with irrational explanations when deeply frustrated about the things that affect our normal lives the most
Nope, 100% on the button.

He is a mouth, like Mullet, who had an opinion on everything under the sun until this.

Very quick to belittle hospitality workers, he wouldn’t have tolerated NPHET’s approach to a white collar industry. “40% don’t pay taxes anyway, we don’t have unlimited resources so cutting the PUP was right”. It’s claiming to be economically sensible, whilst ignoring the reality of these ongoing restrictions for the economy and individuals until the end of 2021.

As long as he can WFH, his taxes don’t go up and he feels safe from Covid, then he’s grand. He’ll be back out with the vacuous statements on the economy soon enough, the flip side of your PBP voter.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

South Park's piss take on SARS back in 2003 was brilliant

https://youtu.be/K9RgRSFMU0c
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:38 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:16 pm

Nope, 100% on the button.

He is a mouth, like Mullet, who had an opinion on everything under the sun until this.

Very quick to belittle hospitality workers, he wouldn’t have tolerated NPHET’s approach to a white collar industry. “40% don’t pay taxes anyway, we don’t have unlimited resources so cutting the PUP was right”. It’s claiming to be economically sensible, whilst ignoring the reality of these ongoing restrictions for the economy and individuals until the end of 2021.

As long as he can WFH, his taxes don’t go up and he feels safe from Covid, then he’s grand. He’ll be back out with the vacuous statements on the economy soon enough, the flip side of your PBP voter.
See what we're dealing with iarmhi?

This guy is simply incapable of being wrong
Blackrock Bullet

This old chestnut, mentioned numerous times where I was and happy to be so. Good to see you devolving to Mullet level stuff at this point.

Let’s just remind ourselves of last week with you. NPHET defended to the hilt when criticised over them not contact tracing beyond 48 hours. Several days later, they quietly start doing their job properly after an industry gives out about it.

Any mea culpa from your? Nah, I’m the person who can’t be wrong. Go on about Gemma and regurgitate the same lines Mullet did, the reality is that you’re a mouth.
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Botha Boy wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:23 pm

Wrong.

Our NPHET Overlords don't have the expertise to discuss what they are doing ... based on what they have already tweeted and are trying to walk back.

It's a technical topic and the final outcome will never change, regardless of the smokescreen that is put out to the public. They are f**ked regardless of what they attempt to justify now.

Just don't pretend that you didn't know and no-one tried to tell you, afterwards ..

Remember Wuhan is back in the pool and in the nightclub ... and they were hit a few months before us ... it could be you if you break out of your Stockholm Syndrome ...
The reason China is back open is because they put in place the kind of autocratic, heavily policed, stringent restrictions, that people like you would be screaming blue bloody murder about, if they were tried here.

The fecking irony :roll:
Blackrock Bullet

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:11 am South Park's piss take on SARS back in 2003 was brilliant

https://youtu.be/K9RgRSFMU0c
Very good
rfurlong

Post by rfurlong »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:19 am This old chestnut, mentioned numerous times where I was and happy to be so. Good to see you devolving to Mullet level stuff at this point.

Let’s just remind ourselves of last week with you. NPHET defended to the hilt when criticised over them not contact tracing beyond 48 hours. Several days later, they quietly start doing their job properly after an industry gives out about it.

Any mea culpa from your? Nah, I’m the person who can’t be wrong. Go on about Gemma and regurgitate the same lines Mullet did, the reality is that you’re a mouth.
You're getting really shrill now ....
paddyor

Post by paddyor »