Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
EverReady

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by EverReady »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm What about the gimp who quoted him and claimed he was also hacked in a remarkable coincidence? Wonder what the probability of that would be?
Yeah I hope he has complained as well. He was hacked like 12 hours later so they must have been waiting in the jack's
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:28 pm I may have got it out of context but I heard a snippet from McConkey this morning that seemed to suggest he was veering away from suppression and was accepting of the fact that we can't keep on ignoring the economy.
Exactly. He was one of the first to realise it was a problem before it was being widely reported. In RCSI he did a huge amount getting them ready for it.
Problem was he stuck to his zero Covid strategy a bit too long but now he's on the "we have to trust people" message.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:41 pm https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/p ... 82415.html

Hairy bastard is keeping up the hacked bollox :lol:
There is a journo had him some rope
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

See Glynn and Leo having a spat. The thing that struck me was he said 7 people under 65 with no underlying conditions died. 7 people lads. That is not in the realms of warranting wrecking the place. It's astonishing really
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

If McConkey isn't on NPHET why are we hearing so much from him and why are we talking about him?
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

I'd take it off their hands ... alcohol is a pretty good preservative ...
Blackrock Bullet

danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm If McConkey isn't on NPHET why are we hearing so much from him and why are we talking about him?
In fairness, not being on NPHET means he’s free to take media appearances. He’s very knowledgable and a polished media performer, unlike that other ape Gerry Killeen. Himself and Luke O’Neill probably get the most appearances and are both Zero Coviders.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:29 pm See Glynn and Leo having a spat. The thing that struck me was he said 7 people under 65 with no underlying conditions died. 7 people lads. That is not in the realms of warranting wrecking the place. It's astonishing really
He’s gone back into the shadows now anyway. Big Tony is back. Let’s see what happens.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Duff Paddy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:34 pm
EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:29 pm See Glynn and Leo having a spat. The thing that struck me was he said 7 people under 65 with no underlying conditions died. 7 people lads. That is not in the realms of warranting wrecking the place. It's astonishing really
He’s gone back into the shadows now anyway. Big Tony is back. Let’s see what happens.
His perfect hair has started to piss me off to an admittedly hugely irrational extent but I’d like to see him rocking up to a media appearance looking a bit ruffled like he’d been up all night researching stuff and giving the impression that he actually gave a f^ck.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:31 pm
danthefan wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:37 pm If McConkey isn't on NPHET why are we hearing so much from him and why are we talking about him?
In fairness, not being on NPHET means he’s free to take media appearances. He’s very knowledgable and a polished media performer, unlike that other ape Gerry Killeen. Himself and Luke O’Neill probably get the most appearances and are both Zero Coviders.
Wake up, he is clueless.

Not knowledgable in the slightest. He is driving a panic that the area of his only relevance is going to have a really scary consequence for society. And so, he is on the air-waves every 48 hours talking up how we could be the Faroes, Greenland and Guernsey to beat this virus to zero. :roll:

But his predictions to date are Neil Ferguson-like in their accuracy so why have this muppet back on the air-waves when he has no ability to explain what is happening ?

"Sam McConkey is a Donkey" is a saying we will teach our kids in the future to ensure that our nation does not follow False SMEs into needlessly destroying our economy, our livelihoods and the health of the public.
Blackrock Bullet

He is certainly very knowledgeable on viruses. Unlike Killeen as well, who pretended like he was on the ball on this by discovering its seriousness in March, he was early in recognising they issue. On data and the reality of the world we live in, not so much.

Isn’t he from the north as well, does he really think that the Unionists would countenance having their travel restricted to Britain?
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 pm He is certainly very knowledgeable on viruses. Unlike Killeen as well, who pretended like he was on the ball on this by discovering its seriousness in March, he was early in recognising they issue. On data and the reality of the world we live in, not so much.

Isn’t he from the north as well, does he really think that the Unionists would countenance having their travel restricted to Britain?
He's from Monaghan
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:14 pm He is certainly very knowledgeable on viruses. Unlike Killeen as well, who pretended like he was on the ball on this by discovering its seriousness in March, he was early in recognising they issue. On data and the reality of the world we live in, not so much.

He is not knowledgable at all.

Point out what you think has impressed yourself but you know I am going to devour anything you put out there.This guy is a seriously dangerous fool and needs to be exposed as such. He has been terminally inaccurate to date and thinks being a big bed-wetter is Okay, as no-one gets hurt by going over the top on this respiratory virus. As the economy, livelihoods and peoples' healthcare go over the cliff ... and he picks up appearance fees and possibly additional research grants.

He is "Clueless in RCSI" ...
Blackrock Bullet

Interesting. I can’t believe someone from that area would think that you could convince Unionists on it. I suppose he has been stuck in his narrow enough area of academia for years.
themaddog

Post by themaddog »

Trump off to hospital.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Donald taken into hospital. Watch this space
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

President Pence will be a breath of fresh air ... right ?
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Not a tap wrong with him. Biden needs to get the rona and stay out of hospital quick
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Botha Boy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Point out what you think has impressed yourself but you know I am going to devour anything you put out there.This guy is a seriously dangerous fool and needs to be exposed as such. He has been terminally inaccurate to date and thinks being a big bed-wetter is Okay, as no-one gets hurt by going over the top on this respiratory virus. As the economy, livelihoods and peoples' healthcare go over the cliff ... and he picks up appearance fees and possibly additional research grants.

He is knowledgeable. It's his area of expertise.
The issue is then combining that with the wider societal strategy
CM11

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 pm Donald taken into hospital. Watch this space
A letter issued by White House physician Sean Conley said that Trump received a single dose of Regeneron’s antibody cocktail, a treatment undergoing clinical trials but not yet approved by regulators
:uhoh:

Is this something benign enough though? It would be a fitting epitaph if Trump died from taking something experimental for covid as opposed to the disease itself.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

So Irish American Biden Vs Irish American Pence.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:36 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:29 pm Donald taken into hospital. Watch this space
A letter issued by White House physician Sean Conley said that Trump received a single dose of Regeneron’s antibody cocktail, a treatment undergoing clinical trials but not yet approved by regulators
:uhoh:

Is this something benign enough though? It would be a fitting epitaph if Trump died from taking something experimental for covid as opposed to the disease itself.

He's an absolute child when it comes to sickness. All narcissistic cünts are 'Imagine ME dying'
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:38 pm So Irish American Biden Vs Irish American Pence.

Pence will win if that happens
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Fine he's a normal cünt not a Trump one. That whole narrative about him being worse is bollox
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I can't work out if it could still be a scam to help his ratings. There's probably too many people to keep quiet?
CM11

Post by CM11 »

I don't have a handle on Pence but he couldn't possibly be worse than Trump or anywhere close. I'd imagine he'd actually be a pretty meek president.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Leinsterman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:33 pm
Botha Boy wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:25 pm

He is knowledgeable. It's his area of expertise.
The issue is then combining that with the wider societal strategy
He is possibly knowledgable but tragically unable to provide a genuine guidance or know-how on what to do next.

Honestly, forget who he pro-ported to be and listen. Does this guy explain anything seen here to date and in other countries and what is likely to happen in the future ? If not, why are we listening to him and the like of Neil Ferguson who can and are making doom-laden future predictions that do not seem to be happening as they have suggested ?

Stop listening to these unproven fools.

They are not getting held to account for being enormously wrong and that the level of risk posed is much less that they espouse .
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm I don't have a handle on Pence but he couldn't possibly be worse than Trump or anywhere close. I'd imagine he'd actually be a pretty meek president.
I don't believe for a minute he is that bad. They are fücked. Did you see the Don Jr off his face video? They'll try any shit. Pence is a dick and will hammer abortion laws. Understandably the left in the states think that is worse than Trump. I don't but I don't live there
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

iarmhiman wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:39 pm
camroc1 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:38 pm So Irish American Biden Vs Irish American Pence.

Pence will win if that happens
NOt so sure about that. If Trump dies becuase of the Rona, then the elction is only about the Rona and well....
CM11

Post by CM11 »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 pm
CM11 wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:43 pm I don't have a handle on Pence but he couldn't possibly be worse than Trump or anywhere close. I'd imagine he'd actually be a pretty meek president.
I don't believe for a minute he is that bad. They are fücked. Did you see the Don Jr off his face video? They'll try any shit. Pence is a dick and will hammer abortion laws. Understandably the left in the states think that is worse than Trump. I don't but I don't live there
Pence might focus on pet single issues like abortion, and that'll be a real shame for those affected, but he won't machine gun every sector of society including foreign policy. I'd imagine he'd do quite well rebuilding foreign relations.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

I think so. He is a disaster for the left on social issues there but he is unlikely to have both houses etc.Anyway that fat bastard Trump will be fine
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

EverReady wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:47 pm
I am with you on this one, Brother ...
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

Every weekend in Ireland there were approx x no. of people dying from motor accidentsn
Each Monday/Tuesday we would read 1/2 died in single car collisions.
How many times has this happened in the last 30 weeks?

I'm right now listening to a fantastic version of An Buinean Buí.
That lad had it right don't die of thirst!
Leinsterman

Post by Leinsterman »

Them city folk with their big words and fancy clothes :lol:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Leinsterman wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:52 am Them city folk with their big words and fancy clothes :lol:
More those stupid country hicks with their simple ways.
Leinster in London

Post by Leinster in London »

The O'Rahilly's grandson whingeing about the Herbert Park house being demolished.
He says it was built in 1907, and was in his family for 107 years. (it seems they moved in to it in 1909.)
Of course this means it was probably his generation of the family that sold the house to the developers in 2016.
So if he was so concerned he should have bought it himself.
Proinsias Ó Rathaille

October 03 2020 02:30 AM

The destruction of The O'Rahilly's house in Herbert Park, Dublin, earlier this week was a shocking and devastating blow to me, as his grandson, but more importantly to our republic's heritage.

Michael Joseph O'Rahilly was born in Kerry on April 22, 1875, in Ballylongford, Co Kerry. He became a republican and joined the Gaelic League, and spoke the Irish language fluently. He spent time travelling in America and Europe before settling in Dublin and moving into 40 Herbert Park in 1910.

Known as The O'Rahilly, he was the co-founder of the Irish Volunteers in 1913 and served as its director of arms. He directed the Howth gun running on July 26, 1914, and a year later he published The History of the Irish Volunteers. He was directly responsible for training and preparing men before the 1916 Rising.

His Edwardian villa-style home at Herbert Park played a pivotal role in the foundation of this State. Numerous secret, top-level meetings were held there and were attended by many of those who fought for Ireland's independence. Three future Irish presidents walked through the gates and attended meetings there.

Each of the signatories of the Proclamation of the Irish Republic visited the house at one stage or another, including many other main players, such as Bulmer Hobson, Erskine Childers, Arthur Griffith and Eoin MacNeill. There is as much, if not more, history attached to 40 Herbert Park as St Enda's, the now-revered site of Patrick Pearse's school.

Its red-roofed garden shed housed hundreds if not thousands of rifles assembled after The O'Rahilly bought the entire contents of the Lee Rifle warehouses in Britain using his own finances.

My grandmother, who lived there until her death in 1961, also held many meetings there. She and Countess Markievicz had initial meetings that led to the formation of Cumann na mBan.

One of the meetings held in 40 Herbert Park back on March 2, 1919, was to establish the Dáil and republican courts. In attendance were Áine Ceannt, Kathleen Clarke, Áine Heron, Helena Molony, Hanna Sheehy-Skeffington and ­Margaret Buckley.

In early 1921, Oscar Traynor, brigadier of the IRA's Dublin Brigade, was summoned to the house for a crucial meeting of senior military and political Republican personnel, including Éamon de Valera, Cathal Brugha, Dick Mulcahy, Michael Collins, Seán Russell, Liam Mellows and Austin Stack. De Valera proposed either the seizure of Beggars Bush Barracks, headquarters of the Auxiliaries, or the destruction of the Custom House. The latter was chosen.

Throughout that period, a secret order was issued to all military officers to isolate many premises in the city that were known to be used and engaged in secret meetings; 40 Herbert Park was listed alongside the Mansion House and Liberty Hall. The house itself was in the O'Rahilly family for 105 years and was little altered from the day it was built in 1907.

My aunt renovated the kitchen in the early 1970s and a revolver was found hidden in the ceiling. This turned out to have belonged to Michael Collins and no doubt was left behind in fear of a raid.

The whole house was full of history. Who knows what was buried beneath the floorboards?

What must also be taken into account is the pivotal role played by The O'Rahilly ­himself.

In a piece in this newspaper last month, Mark Keenan gave the false impression that he was somehow the court jester of the Rising.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The O'Rahilly was to ambush and arrest the first six British soldiers within the GPO on entry during the Rising, and he always made it clear that all prisoners held in the basement were to be treated well.

Before he led the first evacuation from the burning GPO, I don't think he had any idea that there was a machine gun located at the barricade at the end of Moore Street.

As he and 12 volunteers rounded the corner of Henry Street and Moore Street, all hell broke loose and halfway down he was hit, along with some of his men, and fell to the ground with his sword in one hand, revolver in the other.

He winced and made the sign of the cross and managed to get up and run forward again towards the barricade, taking refuge in a doorway. He dragged himself into Sackville Lane, now O'Rahilly Parade.

He died an agonising death there alone, bleeding over a 24-hour period, with the British forces blocking any medical assistance.

As he lay there, he wrote his last note home to his wife, ending: "Please deliver to Nannie O'Rahilly, 40 Herbert Park, Dublin." He then crouched forward and wrote with his bloodied finger on the door: "The O'Rahilly died here."

His house may be gone, but The O'Rahilly's legacy lives on and can be heard daily by Dublin commuters, unknown to them, on buses, trams and Darts as the street names are announced in Irish over the public address.

It took him months to translate each and every street name from English to Irish, yet he did so for his love of the Irish language along with his ultimate sacrifice, giving his life for the land and country he so cherished, our republic.
Well here is ógra SF hanging themselves re housing for their peers:
Ógra Shinn Féin
@Ogra_SF
Statement: Ógra Shinn Féin is opposed to the decision of an Bord Pleanála to demolish the former home of the O’Rahilly. This comes before the council meeting on Monday, where a motion on the protection of the site was due to be voted on.
CM11

Post by CM11 »

So Derry and Strabane the worst hit in NI. No wonder Donegal got it bad.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

CM11 wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:30 pm So Derry and Strabane the worst hit in NI. No wonder Donegal got it bad.

Nah, Belfast is as high but that doesn't fit with the story that it's all kicking off in Donegal. Check the data yourself.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoi ... IsImMiOjh9

Statto, if you look at their stats (if you pardon the pun), the vast bulk of the positive PCR test result are mainly Pillar 2 monitoring for virus in the community. 884 out of 934 yesterday.

As they are generally testing healthy, asymptomatic individuals, you are at huge risk of generating both false positive and late positive results when there is a low prevalence of the virus in the community. Remember the positivity rate here is 2-3%, not withstanding all the false and late positives and potential false negatives.

Spain is doing the same nonsense testing the healthy in the community and their use case data had been soaring until recently. They recently changed their criteria of what is a 'use case' such that they do not count PCR test results where more than 30 cycles were needed to achieve a positive result. The more cycles you use, the smaller the amount of the RNA that was present in the original sample and therefore less and less likely to be an infectious case.

Covid 19 virus is real and endemic in the community. But at much lower levels that the PCR data would make you think. We are over-reacting to the risk from this dangerous but rare virus.

We need to continue to protect the vulnerable and open back up the economy. We need to walk out the door and away from our NPHET kidnappers.

NPHET is shit. ( (c) RFurlong ) ... :lol: :lol: :lol: