Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

All things Rugby
Duff Paddy

Re: Rugby NAMA thread Revisited Rugby

Post by Duff Paddy »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm bog roll to run out again tomorrow
I was in the supermarket today and they had bog roll all over the shop - like a ridiculous amount of overstock - obviously they thought we’d follow the UK and they were right
CM11

Post by CM11 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm The more i think about it, the more i see the government going with a level 4 countrywide to show they're making the decisions and not NPHET
If they are going to take on NPHET, they may as well do it in a way that makes some sense. Level 4 in harder hit regions, leave lower hit regions in level 2 and level 3 everywhere else.
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm
camroc1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm The country shouldn't be going to level 5 but it makes zero sense for areas with a low level of infection to be locked down.
Especially when the policy is to specifically lock down areas as required.
Yep.

This is the best example yet why NPHET recommendations should never be made public. Obviously there's a good chance it's deliberate leaking but still. The government should have been allowed argue this out in private.
It has to be deliberate. MM knows we are looking at a year of this and he won’t survive if he’s the one delivering the bad news. It’s so fubar - from the senseless daily briefings to this.
danthefan

Post by danthefan »

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:37 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm bog roll to run out again tomorrow
I was in the supermarket today and they had bog roll all over the shop - like a ridiculous amount of overstock - obviously they thought we’d follow the UK and they were right
The people who stockpiled are still using the stuff they bought 6 months ago. You don't shit more just because you have more bogroll.
Blackrock Bullet

Post by Blackrock Bullet »

It opens up everything on them.

I’m surprised the 48 hours thing hasn’t been pushed further, it’s disgraceful. Varadkar talked about modelling ourself on South Korea but such a basic thing wasn’t done.

The levels also clearly mean very little to NPHET.

You’ll still have lads like Rfurlong saying they’re doing a great job. NPHET and the Government saw cases drop like a stone when people were locked in their homes so people think they’re brilliant.
Blackrock Bullet

Duff Paddy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:39 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:35 pm
camroc1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:33 pm
CM11 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:31 pm The country shouldn't be going to level 5 but it makes zero sense for areas with a low level of infection to be locked down.
Especially when the policy is to specifically lock down areas as required.
Yep.

This is the best example yet why NPHET recommendations should never be made public. Obviously there's a good chance it's deliberate leaking but still. The government should have been allowed argue this out in private.
It has to be deliberate. MM knows we are looking at a year of this and he won’t survive if he’s the one delivering the bad news. It’s so fubar - from the senseless daily briefings to this.
Government ministers are “shocked” by this apparently but unlikely to go against it.
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

They should be allowed to implement draconian measures if they predict the positive impact the measures will bring. Otherwise, No!

Just doing a load of reactionary, non-scientific knee-jerk operations is a nonsense.

We need to focus on the politicians like Varadker who are smart enough to realise that NPHET are taking the political heat. We need to squeeze those chancers to realise that we will judge anyone who is responsible for needlessly destroying lives and livelihoods ... rather harshly.

It's an option, but not one you would have a lot of belief in making a difference in Ireland.

We are f**ked.
Nolanator

Post by Nolanator »

Varadkar was only making noises a few days ago about basing policy off number of deaths, hospital levels etc. Going to level 5 is completely contrary to any of that.

Richard Chambers saying that government sources are surprised at the recommendation.

Whole idea seems ridiculous.
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

Is Varadkar still self isolating ?

He needs to be at the cabinet table.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

The weakness of it all. Like before summer they know the trajectory and are saying this so they later say 'well we advised....'. It's just weak as fück
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

This is on the government. They need to show balls tomorrow.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

camroc1 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:32 pm
Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:17 pm “It’s just 3 weeks guys”

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/c ... 87101.html

1% of hospital capacity used with the growth slow since August, and once again they shit it.

All after NPHET failed to do adequate control measures over the summer. Why do people continue to give them a free pass? They weren’t responsible for the cases falling between March and June, they fell because of an unprecedented lockdown. Calling out case declines because people are sitting at home doesn’t mean they’re doing their job well.

It’s quite clear that they are incapable of track and trace and virus control and have nfi what they’re doing. It’s also clear that the Government’s Living With Covid plan was complete bullshit, there is no screening of NPHET by the senior civil servants and the Government just follow their advice with little question.
RTE reporting that NPHET advice is to put entire country into Level 5 lockdown.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/statu ... gr%5Etweet

They've lost the fúcking plot.
Now who's being hysterical?
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:58 pm This is on the government. They need to show balls tomorrow.
No it's entirely on NPHET and if the govt go against them they'll brief against them in the media.
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

They've lost the audience now. Can't see many people paying any heed to any level that's 'advised' from now on. The NPHET has comprehensively and collectively Image
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Anyway, at least ER, BB and me and Paddyor and High KIng and a few others have been proved right.
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

We are legends. I want more levels. I want 6
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:02 pm
iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:58 pm This is on the government. They need to show balls tomorrow.
No it's entirely on NPHET and if the govt go against them they'll brief against them in the media.
I didn't vote for NPHET. I voted for my TD in a party that is in government. I expect the government to make the decisions for this country. It's on them
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 pm We are legends. I want more levels. I want 6
Botha Boy and Camroc
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

A finer list of men you will never see. Who is going to ride Gemma? Unfortunately my leg is at me
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:07 pm
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:05 pm We are legends. I want more levels. I want 6
Botha Boy and Camroc
Cammy since they closed the restaurants. :lol:

He was a NPHET cheerleader in April
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 pm A finer list of men you will never see. Who is going to ride Gemma? Unfortunately my leg is at me
I reckon highking would hump anything.
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

danthefan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm Ah fudge off. They've lost me anyway if they do that.

Level 5 is basically the lockdown again, everything closed, retail closed, outdoor events and sports cancelled, no visitors at all to your house, schools and creche closed, get f**ked lads.
Welcome to team "NPHET are shit". We need a new name, you'll be in charge of that.
Blackrock Bullet

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:04 pm Anyway, at least ER, BB and me and Paddyor and High KIng and a few others have been proved right.
I still think there are Zero Coviders at the table in NPHET. It makes the most sense, it’s why we had the longer shutdown than the rest of Europe. Holohan refusing to countenance school openings when the rest of Europe did. They wanted hardcore quarantine restrictions for travellers. The behind closed doors way things were done in April and May meant that this really never came out.

If you think about it, it’s way easier for them. They don’t have to really be proactive. Keep the virus out- less of a headache. Just keep calling our low cases and you’re golden in the minds of a public in the thrall of one virus and half of whom are getting €350 a week.
HighKingLeinster

Post by HighKingLeinster »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 pm
EverReady wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:08 pm A finer list of men you will never see. Who is going to ride Gemma? Unfortunately my leg is at me
I reckon highking would hump anything.
:nod:

Given how crazy she is you know she'd be a firecracker in the sack
camroc1

Post by camroc1 »

iarmhiman wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:09 pm
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:07 pm
Botha Boy and Camroc
Cammy since they closed the restaurants. :lol:

He was a NPHET cheerleader in April
When the facts change so does my opinion.

Had the Host "Tasting" takeout last night - highly recommended.
Blackrock Bullet

Level five would mean Ireland wouldn't be able to finish the Six Nations and would be another major financial blow to the IRFU

I asked Philip Browne a few weeks back if they'd consider playing in Belfast if it came to it and he said they'd keep their options open
Mullet 2

Post by Mullet 2 »

Basically you're the lads who wanted peace when Poland fell.

At least Brock was Mosely from the start.

Camroc and all his stay the course talk :lol:
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:10 pm
danthefan wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:38 pm Ah fudge off. They've lost me anyway if they do that.

Level 5 is basically the lockdown again, everything closed, retail closed, outdoor events and sports cancelled, no visitors at all to your house, schools and creche closed, get f**ked lads.
Welcome to team "NPHET are shit". We need a new name, you'll be in charge of that.
There'll be road side monuments with our names on them in the future - 'they fought back against the tyranny of the NPHET, true patriots'
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Blackrock Bullet wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm
Level five would mean Ireland wouldn't be able to finish the Six Nations and would be another major financial blow to the IRFU

I asked Philip Browne a few weeks back if they'd consider playing in Belfast if it came to it and he said they'd keep their options open
If that happens we will have to play GSTQ before Ireland's Call in Ravers
EverReady

Post by EverReady »

Mullet you are the bad guys

Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm Basically you're the lads who wanted peace when Poland fell.

Is that the best you can come up with? This is like watching the tail end of ROG's playing career
Botha Boy

Post by Botha Boy »

Just thinking about it ... and I would be willing to take one for the team just to stick one to John Waters, the loon ...

Still thinking about it ... not really sure though ....
Duff Paddy

Post by Duff Paddy »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 pm
Mullet 2 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:16 pm Basically you're the lads who wanted peace when Poland fell.

Is that the best you can come up with? This is like watching the tail end of ROG's playing career
It’s basically this

https://youtu.be/3kOuNYBRm0g
paddyor

Post by paddyor »

If Trump dies we're probably f**ked and the zealous PH officials will all get their way.
Blackrock Bullet

:)
Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:22 pm

He’ll be wowing the fam with his JC history knowledge for the next few weeks on Zoom. Gas.
Blackrock Bullet

Botha Boy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:24 pm Just thinking about it ... and I would be willing to take one for the team just to stick one to John Waters, the loon ...

Still thinking about it ... not really sure though ....
As long as you quarantine after...
Blackrock Bullet

paddyor wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:30 pm If Trump dies we're probably f**ked and the zealous PH officials will all get their way.
I’m not sure.

The only thing holding this altogether right now is the markets not being sure what to do.
MunsterMan!!!!!

Post by MunsterMan!!!!! »

Any one have any idea when a decision will be made? Are we talking about the end if the wk ?

I think itll be level 4
Gavin Duffy

Post by Gavin Duffy »

MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm Any one have any idea when a decision will be made? Are we talking about the end if the wk ?

I think itll be level 4
Level 4, level 5 - makes no real difference, very few people will be listening.
iarmhiman

Post by iarmhiman »

Gavin Duffy wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:52 pm
MunsterMan!!!!! wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:51 pm Any one have any idea when a decision will be made? Are we talking about the end if the wk ?

I think itll be level 4
Level 4, level 5 - makes no real difference, very few people will be listening.
they'll keep construction open. Don't worry